• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Breast Implants

Started by Frys Girl, June 28, 2009, 07:25:46 PM

Are you a fan of them? What do you think as long as they are done well, it's not a big deal, right?

Implants Good. Bigger always better.
Implants Awful. Be flat and live with it.

Frys Girl

Are you a fan of them? What do you think as long as they are done well, it's not a big deal, right?

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Frys Girl on June 28, 2009, 07:25:46 PM

You're not considering....

Nboy

Despite all the feminism classes I took, my first response to breast implants is to associate that person with whoredom.  I guess I am just a misogynistic bastard.

And the doctor who is responsible for that atrocity above this post should have his medical license taken away.

EvB

QuoteAnd the doctor who is responsible for that atrocity above this post should have his medical license taken away.

Or maybe someone should just have their photoshop taken away for a while  ;:)

Frys Girl

Quote from: Nboy on June 28, 2009, 07:49:37 PM
Despite all the feminism classes I took, my first response to breast implants is to associate that person with whoredom.  I guess I am just a misogynistic bastard.

And the doctor who is responsible for that atrocity above this post should have his medical license taken away.
I'm not really talking about the obvious kind of implants that make you look like a generic stripper. I'm talking about a modest size and just natural looking as possible. But I want to know whether it makes a difference emotionally if you know that they are surgically enhanced.

Frys Girl

Quote from: PW on June 28, 2009, 07:29:03 PM

No!
I don't want it to be obvious. I'm thinking just proportional enhancement. I'm more interested in whether it makes an emotional difference for guys. I wouldn't tell the world, but to someone special, I would have to admit it eventually!

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Frys Girl on June 28, 2009, 08:12:51 PM
No!
I don't want it to be obvious. I'm thinking just proportional enhancement. I'm more interested in whether it makes an emotional difference for guys. I wouldn't tell the world, but to someone special, I would have to admit it eventually!

Completely depends on the person.  For me, I prefer au naturale, and a real man should love you regardless of enhancements or not.

Frys Girl

Quote from: PW on June 28, 2009, 08:16:56 PM

Completely depends on the person.  For me, I prefer au naturale, and a real man should love you regardless of enhancements or not.
What if the man already loves you, thinks you're pretty yadda yadda, but then you say "by the way, these are enhanced?" (I hate the word fake) It is disappointing? You're saying he loves you regardless if they are small, but would he love you despite the enhancement? That's my biggest fear for some reason. I am dreaming of getting this surgery for a bunch of reasons, but the main thing holding me back is a fear that someone will see you as less of a person.

Nboy thanks for the honesty.

Nboy

Emothionally? Well that depends on the guy doesn't it? Personally, I would interpret it as vanity. I too prefer the au naturale. However, I would imagine 90% of men couldn't give a shit one way or another. And if they happen to be an asshole, its going to be ammo in a forthcoming argument.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: EvB on June 28, 2009, 07:56:23 PM
Or maybe someone should just have their photoshop taken away for a while  ;:)
uhh, i think that's real, isn't it?

Nboy

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on June 28, 2009, 08:27:26 PM
uhh, i think that's real, isn't it?
If its not those are some pretty good chop shop skills they have.

Marc.Knight

If you are with a good man who really loves you then he should not care if you have an enhancement.  He should just love YOU.  But, it does depend on their personality.  I am certain that you are beautiful as you are. 

bigdaddyknapp

As long as they look good no reasonable man would care what is in them.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Nboy on June 28, 2009, 08:30:00 PM
If its not those are some pretty good chop shop skills they have.
and i do mean the picture, not the tits.

Scissor Sisters - 06 - Tits on the Radio

Nboy

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on June 28, 2009, 08:33:01 PM
and i do mean the picture, not the tits.

Yeah, I meant the picture too. I should have phrased that a little better. Funny how it goes either way on that one.

Frys Girl

Quote from: Nboy on June 28, 2009, 08:25:48 PM
I would imagine 90% of men couldn't give a shit one way or another. And if they happen to be an asshole, its going to be ammo in a forthcoming argument.
Cha-ching. Fears confirmed. This is the kind of insight I'm after. Thanks Nboy.

HAL 9000

Quote from: PW

I shouldn't know this, but I do... that's Chelsea Charms.

Wiki entry: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chelsea_Charms

Her implants are of a special material which constantly absorb body fluid, and therefore, are constantly growing - she has to have fluid drained fairly often.

She is grotesque and as one person mentioned, the Drs. medical license should be revoked. I believe, but not 100% sure, this procedure took place outside of the US.

Words I Like

I think It shows a lack of compatibility with reality. That kind of life style choice has to be the tip of a very large iceberg and someone getting involved in a person like that might be in for a few extra surprises (attention seeking,manipulation, obsession, identity crisis)

Body modification can probably exist on another level (other than vanity) that can be useful philosophically.

Big ones, small ones, fake ones, real ones. I'm pretty much into tits in general.

Fake jugs suck, and they look stupid.  They don't make men like you more; they make men think "God I wanna bang that stripper-esque tramp." They make you take a hit in the class stat.  As long as your nipples are rockin', yer all good. And being a "gusher" is always a plus.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: V for Vendetta on June 28, 2009, 09:07:58 PM
I shouldn't know this, but I do...
haha, i thought you were mordred until i read your username.  haha!!

Sophie

If it will make you feel better, and you do all the research on your doctor.  I think you should do it, but only for yourself.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Sophie on June 29, 2009, 05:44:22 AM
...but only for yourself.
do you mean to say if a woman is doing it so that she'll look more appealing to the male eye, she shouldn't do it?  if that's the case, then nearly all breast augmentations are done for the wrong reasons.  women can say they're doing it for this or that reason, but the fact is they're almost always doing it for the purpose attracting men whether they admit it or not.  but is that so bad, though?

40 years of social manipulation can't erase nature so easily.

Frys Girl

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on June 29, 2009, 09:25:04 AM
do you mean to say if a woman is doing it so that she'll look more appealing to the male eye, she shouldn't do it?  if that's the case, then nearly all breast augmentations are done for the wrong reasons.  women can say they're doing it for this or that reason, but the fact is they're almost always doing it for the purpose attracting men whether they admit it or not.  but is that so bad, though?

40 years of social engineering can't erase nature so easily.
Those 40 years of social "manipulation" are not what (I think) she was referring to. While being sexually appealing is definitely part of what breasts and bigger ones mean to people, it's not all there is to it when it comes to boobs and boob jobs.

If I do this, it will be for me, first and foremost because it does make a difference in self-confidence, not necessarily sexual confidence. It will make me look better in clothes in my eyes, and if some horny gentleman/asshole agrees, I couldn't care less because I've worked many years on myself, aside from my boobs. Actually, this surgery is more about selfish fun and enjoying bras and shopping, not about the male reaction. I've asked before and most guys are nice and say "no matter what, boobs are all great".
I just wanted to know if it really matters to guys. Of course, I'm supposing that men think hard about these topics, and I don't think they really do.

I think that if a guy loves you, it wouldn't matter, but love is blind. I think people might not admit to things if they are in love, and that is polite, but I want the truth, e.g. grudges or disappointment.

Being flat chested sucks in my opinion, and it's not because of what guys think of my boobs. I hate shopping and it's personally disappointing when a blouse doesn't look like it should. Buying push-up bras is another shitty aspect of being flat. Basically, I think bigger boobs would be fun and enjoyable, yes for me. But I am curious what guys think too, not just in terms of sexual gratification. I like the honesty in here.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Frys Girl on June 29, 2009, 09:45:12 AM
Those 40 years of social "manipulation" are not what (I think) she was referring to.
i'm the one referring to social manipulation.  never said she was.  and you can not deny that women were taught for YEARS that they are inherently betraying their gender in some way if they seek to make themselves physically appealing to men. 

it does make a difference in self-confidence, not necessarily sexual confidence.
i think sexual confidence is the biggest part of it... regardless of how hard we try to pretend we aren't animals.  we are sending sexual messages to one another all day, everyday as we walk down the street, or stop for a smoke break, or shop for milk (yeah, i deliberately chose to use milk here), or attend church.  yup, even while attending church.  who woulda thunk it?

Actually, this surgery is more about selfish fun and enjoying bras and shopping, not about the male reaction.
ok, then what's to have fun with in a bra?  i mean, really?  let's break that down.  it's just a couple of cups with a strap and it's used to hold up tits.  that's it.  what would be fun about that?  i'll tell you.  it's the ability to feel confident that you more closely fit the specifications outlined by society with regard to what's beautiful to look at and what isn't.  and who established those specifications?  men.  that's my only point.  all of this stuff about women doing this for themselves and whatnot... i don't buy it.  i can't.  it can all be boiled down to the desire women feel to adhere more closely to male driven specifications.  if men liked BBs on a billiard table, women would all be heading to the chop shop to make that happen for themselves.  but they don't.  why?  because it's not considered appealing.  and why is that?  because men have set that standard. 

I've asked before and most guys are nice and say "no matter what, boobs are all great".
you said you're flat, right?  there's your answer.  most men are doing exactly what you just said when facing that question from a self-proclaimed flat girl; they're being nice.  on the whole, i think most men would prefer a nice, full set of tits on a woman.  not all men, but most.

i'm not saying you should do it.  i'm not saying you shouldn't.  i'm just saying there's no shame in women saying something other than they're doing it for themselves... because they all say that.  well, except for that freaky bitch in the picture above.

MV/Liberace!

had to edit your post fg because i changed a word in my original post which you quoted while i was changing it.

Frys Girl

I also know a person who did it and was still unhappy after the surgery. That's why I understand what Sophie says. It's not a cure-all for unhappiness. For yourself doesn't mean your decision can't include a desire to appeal to people sexually. It's more like - that can't be all it's about because you'll be in for some post-surgery trauma. You can't have nice boobs and expect guys to love you more, or better. I think it's important to be realistic, and that's why my friend who did it, and still ended up single in the long run (she did it for a long time BF, and it didn't work out), saw the surgery as pointless. You have to think it through. Personally, I look forward to getting this operation. I love fashion and admit to enjoying the superficial aspects of life. But I've also been disappointed by guys, and that's why I'm planning on being suspicious of guys who start to look at me differently when I have bigger boobs.

Thanks for your comments everyone.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Frys Girl on June 29, 2009, 10:21:04 AM
...I'm planning on being suspicious of guys who start to look at me differently when I have bigger boobs.
but why, tho?  guys WILL look at you differently.  no need for suspicion, i don't think.  it's just nature in action, as i see it.  men like tits.

MV/Liberace!

and all of this aside, i hope that if you do get it you're happy with the outcome.  surgery is surgery and thus inherently invasive.  the idea of any type of surgery is a foreign idea to me.  the most i've ever encountered medically were some stitches on my hand and athlete's feet.

Frys Girl

MV i can only explain it this way: when you're flat, and a guy likes you, you know he likes you for you. When you get surgically enhanced, you're not used to the attention, and you don't know whether it is genuine for the reason you stated "men like tits".
Anyway, there's another dilemma, associated with this surgery which seems simple, but isn't: should you even bother telling people you date?

I gotta say, this 2 (one vote by me) pro and 5 against is surprising. Thanks for voting.