• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Celebrity Deaths

Started by noodlehead.crucified.c2c, June 25, 2009, 05:28:29 PM

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: TigerLily on August 29, 2016, 01:44:16 PM
Oh. Hadn't heard that.  He has caused me many outbreaks of giggles and belly laughs over the years. Hopefully Gilda met him at the pearly gates with airplane noogies

ahem.... ::)

trostol

i just watched Young Frankenstein too..RIP Gene

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on August 29, 2016, 01:34:42 PM
Gene Wilder has passed away, aged 83. Brilliant comedy actor.

He was brilliant, and I hate to admit it, but I could have sworn he died a couple of years ago. I need to start paying closer attention.

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on August 29, 2016, 02:08:14 PM
He was brilliant, and I hate to admit it, but I could have sworn he died a couple of years ago. I need to start paying closer attention.
You know, that's what I thought when I read about his passing now as well. I could have sworn he had died already.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on August 29, 2016, 02:08:14 PM

On more than one level.

Just saying.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on August 29, 2016, 02:12:17 PM
You know, that's what I thought when I read about his passing now as well. I could have sworn he had died already.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-37215553

Pretty sure there were reports out a few years ago about him being sick. Forget with what but it was something serious.

TigerLily

Could it be another example of the dreaded Mandela Effect? Damn that CERN. My life has never been the same since they first turned that sucker on.  btw, loved your talk and posts on the subject last night

ItsOver

Wow.  Goodbye, Gene.  You were brilliant.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Astrid Galactic on August 29, 2016, 02:16:25 PM
Pretty sure there were reports out a few years ago about him being sick. Forget with what but it was something serious.

US actor Gene Wilder, remembered by many for his namesake role in Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory, has died at the age of 83, his family confirmed.
The comic actor also starred in classic films such as The Producers, Blazing Saddles and Young Frankenstein.
Mr Wilder frequently collaborated with writer and director Mel Brooks as well as stand-up comedian Richard Pryor.
The two-time Oscar-nominated actor was diagnosed with non-Hodgkins lymphoma in 1989.
Mr Wilder's nephew confirmed the actor died on Sunday in Stamford, Connecticut, due to complications from Alzheimer's disease.
The star first made waves on Broadway before transitioning to the silver screen for a brief role as a kidnapped undertaker in Bonnie and Clyde (1967).

"One Less Smile"

Gene Wilder died of complications from Alzheimer’s disease,  according to his nephew.

His nephew said in a statement, “We understand for all the emotional and physical challenges this situation presented we have been among the lucky ones â€" this illness-pirate, unlike in so many cases, never stole his ability to recognize those that were closest to him, nor took command of his central-gentle-life affirming core personality. The decision to wait until this time to disclose his condition wasn’t vanity, but more so that the countless young children that would smile or call out to him “there’s Willy Wonka,” would not have to be then exposed to an adult referencing illness or trouble and causing delight to travel to worry, disappointment or confusion. He simply couldn’t bear the idea of one less smile in the world."

From Variety

Quote from: TigerLily on August 29, 2016, 02:18:16 PM
Could it be another example of the dreaded Mandela Effect? Damn that CERN. My life has never been the same since they first turned that sucker on.  btw, loved your talk and posts on the subject last night
Thank you. The Mandela Effect came to mind when I read about Gene's passing, but I don't want to beat a topic into the ground. Besides I don't have specific memories of his death, it just seems that I heard about Gene's passing a couple of years ago. I don't know. There's a lot of people that seem of come back to life like Billy Graham.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on August 29, 2016, 02:13:22 PM

On more than one level.

Just saying.

It only seems like I don't pay enough attention to you because you're so damned needy.

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on August 29, 2016, 02:22:58 PM
Thank you. The Mandela Effect came to mind when I read about Gene's passing, but I don't want to beat a topic into the ground. Besides I don't have specific memories of his death, it just seems that I heard about Gene's passing a couple of years ago. I don't know. There's a lot of people that seem of come back to life like Billy Graham.

No kidding! I'm pretty sure he's died three or four times.

GravitySucks

Quote from: TigerLily on August 29, 2016, 02:18:16 PM

Why is it the "dreaded Mandela effect"?  Seems most anecdotes grant people many more years in the "alternate timeline".

...now if someone tells me Teddy Kennedy is still alive, I will go with your adjective.

Gruntled

Loved him in "The Producers" and everything he did.
:(

RIP, Mr.  Wilder.  You made me laugh and smile.  Now you are with your beloved Gilda. 

Lunger

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on August 29, 2016, 01:34:42 PM
Gene Wilder has passed away, aged 83. Brilliant comedy actor.

In an odd sense, I am kind of relieved that he's finally gone.  He always seemed so sad since Gilda passed.

TigerLily

Quote from: GravitySucks on August 29, 2016, 02:49:19 PM
Why is it the "dreaded Mandela effect"?  Seems most anecdotes grant people many more years in the "alternate timeline".

...now if someone tells me Teddy Kennedy is still alive, I will go with your adjective.

The Liberal Lion of the Senate? May he live to fight another day

Lunger

Quote from: TigerLily on August 29, 2016, 04:15:35 PM
The Liberal Lion of the Senate? May he live to fight another day

That bloated fucking gasbag.  He died 40 years to late.

akwilly

me too, weird. RIP Willy Wonka

chefist

RIP Gene Wilder...you were 'BAD, Uh Huh!'

jazmunda

RIP Gene. I have fond memories of many of his movies.

Gruntled

Quote from: Lunger on August 29, 2016, 04:33:42 PM
That bloated fucking gasbag.  He died 40 years to late.
LOL

ItsOver

Here's to you, Gene.  Thanks for all the laughs.

Zetaspeak

His portrayal of Willy Wonka is one of the greatest TV characters I ever seen. He blended the over-the-top of the colorful character with a subtle touch of insanity. I was never really sure if this was a kids movie lol

I see on twitter everybody loved the celeb-couple of Gene & Gilda, and I agree they were an awesome duo. But heart has to also go out to out to his current wife of 25-years Karen Boyer

albrecht

Quote from: Zetaspeak on August 29, 2016, 09:31:37 PM
His portrayal of Willy Wonka is one of the greatest TV characters I ever seen. He blended the over-the-top of the colorful character with a subtle touch of insanity. I was never really sure if this was a kids movie lol

I see on twitter everybody loved the celeb-couple of Gene & Gilda, and I agree they were an awesome duo. But heart has to also go out to out to his current wife of 25-years Karen Boyer
Same. Why it is a good movie because it is, sort of like Simpsons, both fun for adults and  children. And, yes, he seemed demented. He was a genius comedic actor and is sorely missed. Somebody being able to seriously make me laugh out loud watching a movie I've seen many times is something to say. I even get a big laugh, no news networks mentioned, 'Haunted Honeymoon' with him, his wife, and DeLuise (all dead now RIP) radio show, sorta. Hilarious. But his stuff with Mel Brooks and Pryor? Epic

GravitySucks

Quote from: albrecht on August 29, 2016, 09:41:26 PM
Same. Why it is a good movie because it is, sort of like Simpsons, both fun for adults and  children. And, yes, he seemed demented. He was a genius comedic actor and is sorely missed. Somebody being able to seriously make me laugh out loud watching a movie I've seen many times is something to say. I even get a big laugh, no news networks mentioned, 'Haunted Honeymoon' with him, his wife, and DeLuise (all dead now RIP) radio show, sorta. Hilarious. But his stuff with Mel Brooks and Pryor? Epic

How come nobody has mentioned "The Frisco Kid"?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=q9EySCBPodM

Gruntled

Quote from: GravitySucks on August 29, 2016, 09:48:40 PM
How come nobody has mentioned "The Frisco Kid"?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=q9EySCBPodM
That was great too!
How about when he was trippin with the Indians?  :)