• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Celebrity Deaths

Started by noodlehead.crucified.c2c, June 25, 2009, 05:28:29 PM

Albemuth

Quote from: Nick el Ass on May 15, 2015, 12:25:58 AM
Rest well B.B. King.

Just hearing this now…Staggering loss…BB King was one of the those guys you thought might just go on forever…A sad day for the Blues…

pate

I am much distressed by this news.

http://bbslawnsidebbq.com/

I recall times long ago when I used to play what I guess the rest of the world would call "shuffleboard" at that place...

I was never sure that BB had anything to do with the place, but it's still there last time I drove by...

Ms. C

Quote from: Albemuth on May 15, 2015, 05:02:02 AM
Just hearing this now…Staggering loss…BB King was one of the those guys you thought might just go on forever…A sad day for the Blues…

RIP BB King  the BEST blues legend ever 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fk2prKnYnI

b_dubb

SredniVashtar

Ben E King, BB King... I sense a pattern forming. Billie Jean must be worried.

Nick el Ass

Quote from: SredniVashtar on May 15, 2015, 06:33:16 AM
Ben E King, BB King... I sense a pattern forming. Billie Jean must be worried.

Larry King better watch his ass if that is the case.

SredniVashtar

He died years ago, but nobody could tell the difference.

SredniVashtar

I remember watching the documentary about the Ali-Foreman right, 'When We Were Kings', the other day and BB King was one of the artists featured in a concert before the fight. Those were the days! James Brown as well. Puts Pacquiao-Mayweather in perspective. Highly recommended watch by the way, if you haven't see it, even if you have no interest in boxing. What an intimidating monster Foreman was back then, banging away at the heavy bag. And the look on Ali's face at the end of the first round when he had given Foreman everything and he was obviously thinking, 'shit, just what the hell have I gotten myself into?'

Nick el Ass

Quote from: SredniVashtar on May 15, 2015, 06:49:26 AM
He died years ago, but nobody could tell the difference.

Larry King is a zombie?

Quote from: SredniVashtar on May 15, 2015, 03:22:45 PM
I remember watching the documentary about the Ali-Foreman right, 'When We Were Kings', the other day and BB King was one of the artists featured in a concert before the fight. Those were the days! James Brown as well. Puts Pacquiao-Mayweather in perspective. Highly recommended watch by the way, if you haven't see it, even if you have no interest in boxing. What an intimidating monster Foreman was back then, banging away at the heavy bag. And the look on Ali's face at the end of the first round when he had given Foreman everything and he was obviously thinking, 'shit, just what the hell have I gotten myself into?'

I will have to look into that.

Eddie Coyle

Garo Yepremian dead at 70.

He looked about 70 when he retired.

Quote from: pate on May 15, 2015, 05:36:29 AM
I am much distressed by this news.

http://bbslawnsidebbq.com/

I recall times long ago when I used to play what I guess the rest of the world would call "shuffleboard" at that place...

I was never sure that BB had anything to do with the place, but it's still there last time I drove by...

Sad news indeed about B.B.  I'm surprised he lasted so long, and I remember going to see him several times when he was in his sixties and seventies because I figured that given his weight and diabetes, each time might be the last chance.  He had a tremendous band, and always gave a first rate performance. RIP, Mr. King. 

I went to BB's a couple of times in the early nineties, and B.B. King had no connection to it.  Did they have that cool mural (or "murial" as all my KC friends pronounced it for some reason) of all the blues luminaries when you were there?  That is an impressive piece of art!

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on May 17, 2015, 11:16:11 AM
Sad news indeed about B.B.  I'm surprised he lasted so long, and I remember going to see him several times when he was in his sixties and seventies because I figured that given his weight and diabetes, each time might be the last chance.  He had a tremendous band, and always gave a first rate performance. RIP, Mr. King. 

I went to BB's a couple of times in the early nineties, and B.B. King had no connection to it.  Did they have that cool mural (or "murial" as all my KC friends pronounced it for some reason) of all the blues luminaries when you were there?  That is an impressive piece of art!

Sad indeed...Paul Jones (of Manfred Mann fame-now radio presenter) is doing a special on BB King tomorrow night on his R & B show..7pm Uk time.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b05vbxgl...you can hear it later if you can't hear it live.

Cheers, Yorkie!  I'll check it out.  A friend of mine who has a weekly show in Ontario did a nice tribute last night and played a lot of rare live stuff.  B.B. could really rock out and did so fairly often.

Little Hater

Anne Meara dead at 85.

albrecht

Quote from: pyewacket on May 24, 2015, 09:11:53 AM
John F. Nash, Jr.- Subject of the movie, A Beautiful Mind, Nobel Laureate,

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/john-f-nash-jr-dies-nobel-laureate-was-subject-of-a-beautiful-mind/2015/05/24/61463418-0219-11e5-bc72-f3e16bf50bb6_story.html
I'm sure there is a Nash Equilibrium or something that can rationally explain why iHateMedia, Inc keeps Norry on the show, but I still won't like it. Also it sucks, suspicious they died in cab, like Bob Simon, I'm hoping some callers will link the incidents as it has to be a paranoiac fantasy, which will be a good honor for him. Better though to teach more math in schools and address mental health issues in a more logical, and kind, way.

ItsOver

Quote from: b_dubb on May 24, 2015, 10:36:01 PM
Isn't that Ben Stiller's mom?
Also Jerry's wife.  Condolences to one of the funniest guys ever. 

b_dubb

Quote from: Little Hater on May 24, 2015, 04:10:02 PM
Anne Meara dead at 85.

Sincere condolences to their family. She was a lovely, hysterically funny lady who will be missed.

Gemstone

Quote from: b_dubb on May 25, 2015, 10:53:00 AM
Sincere condolences to their family. She was a lovely, hysterically funny lady who will be missed.
She was one of my faves. Deepest condolences to her family.

aldousburbank

Quote from: Nick el Ass on May 25, 2015, 09:44:44 PM
Sadly I had a feeling their would be a long drawn out fight when B.B. King passed. It is like the James Brown thing all over again with his wives and kids.
Once again I have to ask, why are Waylon, Jerry, and BB dead and Dick Cheney is not?

b_dubb

Quote from: aldousburbank on May 25, 2015, 09:58:36 PM
Once again I have to ask, why are Waylon, Jerry, and BB dead and Dick Cheney is not?
He's one of the Four Horsemen bro

There is more than one DC in DC. If one goes down, another pops up - the public none the wiser.

A legion of Whack - a - Cheneys waiting in the wings, each with its own genetically modified baboon heart and on board defibrillator. 

Unsealed. Alien Files.

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on May 25, 2015, 11:30:06 PM
There is more than one DC in DC. If one goes down, another pops up - the public none the wiser.

A legion of Whack - a - Cheneys waiting in the wings, each with its own genetically modified baboon heart and on board defibrillator. 

Unsealed. Alien Files.

Perfect summary.

Nick el Ass

He is too good a shot.