• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Celebrity Deaths

Started by noodlehead.crucified.c2c, June 25, 2009, 05:28:29 PM

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on March 04, 2015, 03:36:37 PM
That's quite good!  Many years ago, I discovered that George Washington's face on the U.S. $1 bill looks a lot like Frank Zappa with the right alterations.  It's not just the mustache and brows--they had very similar eyes.  I'm a little out of practice, but here's an example. 

[attachimg=1]

I also knew a guy years ago who meticulously covered the words "In God We Trust" on every bill he got with a black marker because he was an atheist.

:D. Now look who's zapping those bills.  You always go the extra mile. 

Just wait until you get to work with plastic polymers as your canvas.

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on March 04, 2015, 03:55:05 PM
   Not at all. I'm come here for sexual arousal and yuks!  :-X

I'm strangely aroused by your avatar.  It makes me want to smear Underwood Deviled Ham all over my throbbing loins and invite some people over for a borgasmord, Mason style! 

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on March 04, 2015, 03:55:05 PM
   Not at all. I'm come here for sexual arousal and yuks!  :-X

And Eddie is our canary in the coal mine of subversive navigation.

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on March 04, 2015, 04:07:39 PM
:D. Now look who's zapping those bills.  You always go the extra mile. 

Just wait until you get to work with plastic polymers as your canvas.

I might have to try that sometime.  I'm experimenting with embellishing watermarks right now.  Making that look good is a lot trickier than I thought it would be.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on March 04, 2015, 04:14:36 PM
I'm strangely aroused by your avatar.  It makes me want to smear Underwood Deviled Ham all over my throbbing loins and invite some people over for a borgasmord, Mason style!

By expressing such sentiments, you're declaring yourself an ordinary Joe. Lil' Mason lead most folk to consider Deviled Ham as a erogenous zone condiment.

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on March 04, 2015, 04:18:29 PM

Did you catch Spider Baby on TCM this afternoon, Cam?  I mentioned it in the movie thread and thought about activating the Zotz Signal for you, but it doesn't work too well in daylight.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on March 04, 2015, 04:18:29 PM

It's why my parents mated in early October 1974.

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on March 04, 2015, 04:21:06 PM
   By expressing such sentiments, you're declaring yourself an ordinary Joe. Lil' Mason lead most folk to consider Deviled Ham as a erogenous zone condiment.

Yeah, Underwood spreads are good enough for a humble prole like me.  The high falutin' types can have their caviar as far as I'm concerned.

And that sly, knowing smile on Mason's face is his way of telling people, "My whole body is an erogenous zone."

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on March 04, 2015, 04:22:30 PM
Did you catch Spider Baby on TCM this afternoon, Cam?  I mentioned it in the movie thread and thought about activating the Zotz Signal for you, but it doesn't work too well in daylight.

I did not catch it. My loss, damn it!   >:(

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on March 04, 2015, 04:22:39 PM
   It's why my parents mated in early October 1974.

In the distant future, soldiers will still be singing about that 1974 event, along with that old standby: MAIDEN KNICKERBOCKER AND THE GALLANT CAPTAIN PICKWICK***.

***Contained in this 1898 book by A H Laidlaw. Just a sample of the kind of depraved things I keep on the computer:

Considering the topic of this thread, from Mr. Laidlaw himself:

"Ye Doctors, who claim to cure every ill,
  And so much of mock learning exude,
If the _Comma Bacillus_ still laughs at your pill,
  It is time to begin to conclude."

Still true.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on March 04, 2015, 04:34:01 PM

In the distant future, soldiers will still be singing about that 1974 event, along with that old standby: MAIDEN KNICKERBOCKER AND THE GALLANT CAPTAIN PICKWICK***.

***Contained in this 1898 book by A H Laidlaw. Just a sample of the kind of depraved things I keep on the computer:

I've long held out hope that my spawning coincided with the original airing of Bad Ronald. Though it appears to have occurred about 2 weeks prior to it's airing. So, disappointment started early.

Kelt

Can't lose Han Solo so soon after Spock.

Fuck you, Greedo!

Quote from: MV on March 03, 2015, 11:58:31 PM
Another dead Seinfeld actor.

http://m.wlwt.com/news/cincinnati-native-seinfeld-malcolm-actor-passes-away/31587198

I live very close to this man, never met him myself though. I knew he'd been struggling for quite a while, sad to hear he's gone.

Juan

I understand that Lew Soloff died last night of a heart attack.  He was 70 and had become a fixture on the NY jazz and brass circuits. The trumpet player was probably best known to world audiences for being an original member of this band.

http://youtu.be/04rClGsbWp4

starshine

Is  Steed  still going  ?
he must be the oldest  celeb alive 

Sam Simon, co-creator of The Simpsons, passed away. So sad to read this.  :'(

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Nick el Ass on March 09, 2015, 11:16:52 PM
R.I.P. Sam Simon.

http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/news/simpsons-co-creator-sam-simon-dead-at-59-20150309

i think if i knew a guy named sam simon, i'd probably accidentally call him samsonite from time to time.

Ms. C

Keyboardist Jimmy Greenspoon, a classic-era member of Three Dog Night, has died after a battle with cancer.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/jimmy-greenspoon-dies-three-dog-night/?trackback=tsmclip

[attachimg=1]

lonevoice

Sir Terry Pratchett, best known for his "Discworld" series died today of final complications of Alzheimers.  Despite earlier statements that he wished to die by assisted suicide, reports are this was a natural death.  The final tweet on his official twitter account:

"Terry took Death’s arm and followed him through the doors and on to the black desert under the endless night. The End."

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: lonevoice on March 12, 2015, 12:32:07 PM
Sir Terry Pratchett, best known for his "Discworld" series died today of final complications of Alzheimers.  Despite earlier statements that he wished to die by assisted suicide, reports are this was a natural death.  The final tweet on his official twitter account:

"Terry took Death’s arm and followed him through the doors and on to the black desert under the endless night. The End."

only 66 and death from alzheimer's.  jeeze.

BobGrau

Ah, shit.

jazmunda

My Aunt will be devastated!

What a cruel fate it is for a story teller to have Alzheimers.

sydtron

I was just at the local truckstop for dinner tonight. And my cook friend was telling me about this. Im going to have to look into reading this.  I like Hitchikers Guide.

'DON'T THINK OF IT AS DYING, said Death, JUST THINK OF IT AS LEAVING EARLY TO AVOID THE RUSH.'
― Terry Pratchett, (1948-2015)

Years ago I worked at a bookstore with a young guy--just barely 20-- who couldn't believe I didn't like Science Fiction or Fantasy.  He pestered me about it until one day he said: "may I buy you a book? One book that will show you.  I want you to know what I'm talking about".  I agreed, even though I knew he could hardly afford to buy a gift of any price.  What did he give me? "The Color of Magic" by Terry Pratchett.  It was a great gift.        

If diagnosed with Alzheimer's, I will be hiring my own professional killer.

I want it to be a spectacle and look like a black ops hit executed in a broad daylight situation with a lot of questions as to what exactly occurred and why I was targeted.

Nothing less than the appearance of an assassination will satisfy me.

I also want an umbrella to make an appearance in there somewhere.

[attachimg=1]