• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Celebrity Deaths

Started by noodlehead.crucified.c2c, June 25, 2009, 05:28:29 PM

Quote from: Morgus on March 01, 2015, 08:06:18 PM

I never liked Shatner much.
His Kirk was awful.
Spock was the main appeal of Star Trek..

The best thing pop culture got from shatner was Michael Myers' face.

onan

It's really none of my business who does or doesn't attend a funeral.

There are positives and negatives that come with being a celebrity.

Kirk, er, Shatner has been pounded for years for being difficult to work with and for not being on the good terms with some of his Star Trek co-stars.  Not going to the funeral doesn't help that image.

He may have thought about it, or gotten some good advice, because he ended up flying back from his appearance in Florida to attend

http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/william-shatner-flies-to-la-in-time-for-leonard-nimoys-funeral/ar-BBi7DHW?ocid=ASUDHP

b_dubb

Quote from: MV on March 01, 2015, 07:48:08 PM
Maybe he just doesn't like funerals. Lots of people feel that way.
Yeah. I can understand that. But given his high profile relationship with Nimoy it was probably wise to go regardless. Now he's beimg labelled Captain Jerk. Unfortunate.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: b_dubb on March 01, 2015, 09:14:00 PM
Yeah. I can understand that. But given his high profile relationship with Nimoy it was probably wise to go regardless. Now he's beimg labelled Captain Jerk. Unfortunate.

yeah, i'd especially hate to go to a funeral where i know everybody is going to be staring at me.

Catsmile

Quote from: MV on March 01, 2015, 09:22:19 PM
yeah, i'd especially hate to go to a funeral where i know everybody is going to be staring at me.

Well... when that happens... I don't think you will really care much anymore.

You won't be the first person trying not to show up for your own funeral.
Hey, it's worth a shot what do ya got 2 looz? 

The Shat had a charity event in Florida he was booked for months in advance. He made the decision not to back out because he was there to help them raise money and he didn't want to let them down. I'm not an apologist for the guy; he's got an ego as big as a skyscraper and he alienated most of the ST cast, but he's also 83 years old and it's kind of hard at that age to jet across the US twice in 36 hours what with the jet lag and time differences, plus the flights to LA are more limited than in big cities. I'd cut him some slack. It matters more how he treated Leonard Nimoy when he was alive than after he died, and he actually managed to keep his commitment and attend the funeral, pretty damn good for someone his age.

Meh, the Daily News is our local rag. If they can create a clever headline at someone else's expense, they're all over it.

Falkie2013

Quote from: Paper*Boy on March 01, 2015, 08:40:35 PM
There are positives and negatives that come with being a celebrity.

Kirk, er, Shatner has been pounded for years for being difficult to work with and for not being on the good terms with some of his Star Trek co-stars.  Not going to the funeral doesn't help that image.

He may have thought about it, or gotten some good advice, because he ended up flying back from his appearance in Florida to attend

http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/william-shatner-flies-to-la-in-time-for-leonard-nimoys-funeral/ar-BBi7DHW?ocid=ASUDHP

Someone has their facts wrong.

According to the News, he arrived back in LA too late to attend the funeral.

William Shatner arrives in Los Angeles Sunday, too late to make it to funeral of Leonard Nimoy

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/shatner-tweets-daily-news-front-page-nimoy-funeral-article-1.2133486

But as Spock once said, there are always possiblities.

I guess spending $ 30K to honor a friend was too much for Shatner.

" I have been and always will be, your friend. "

Only in the movies I guess.

Meanwhile back at the funeral while Shatner was NOT rushing back to LA...

Someone call the Trekkie police on Kirstie Alley.

The former Star Trek actress bid Leonard Nimoy farewell on Sunday in her own fashion, a tweet sealed with a kiss and the wrong name.

She learned of his death two days after the fact and tweeted: “Rest in peace Dr. Spock ... Xxxooo.”

Alley portrayed Saavik in “Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan” before being replaced by another actress.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/movies/kirstie-alley-farewell-wrong-spock-article-1.2133832

Nick el Ass

Quote from: Falkie2013 on March 01, 2015, 11:23:01 PM
Someone has their facts wrong.

According to the News, he arrived back in LA too late to attend the funeral.

William Shatner arrives in Los Angeles Sunday, too late to make it to funeral of Leonard Nimoy

That is what I had heard too. Mr. Shatner reportedly got back to L.A. right after Leonard Nimoy's funeral, and the creeps at TMZ approached him as soon as he got off the plane to ask a bunch of questions. He looked like he had a tough night that is for sure whether it was because he had been up... or because he was mourning in his own way.   

WOTR

Quote from: VtaGeezer on February 28, 2015, 11:40:33 PM
I'm surprised this hasn't been posted yet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dULOjT9GYdQ
That will make me smile all day despite not liking whoever sings it...

Quote from: MV on March 01, 2015, 07:48:08 PM
Maybe he just doesn't like funerals. Lots of people feel that way.
The CEO of with a workforce of around 60 felt the same way and would not attend a funeral even if it was for staff.  That is, until a board members wife died.  suddenly he did not mind funerals and made an appearance.  Kind of demonstrated what was important in his life.

onan

This is turning into a creepfest.

Shatner doesn't owe anyone an explanation, least of all the falkie types.

They worked together due to the popularity of a TV show. They had a good deal of publicity.

Breaking news: Rob and Laura Petri weren't really married.

Quote from: onan on March 02, 2015, 04:33:48 AM
This is turning into a creepfest.

Shatner doesn't owe anyone an explanation, least of all the falkie types.

They worked together due to the popularity of a TV show. They had a good deal of publicity.

Exactly. He knew the man. Everyone else 'knew' the tv character. He owes no one an explanation.

b_dubb

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on March 02, 2015, 06:20:05 AM
Exactly. He knew the man. Everyone else 'knew' the tv character. He owes no one an explanation.
You're right. He had an obligation. He kept his obligation. He could not attend services. End of story.

I miss the old days when there was privacy and people had lives and like would mind their own business and stuff.

Onan: who are Rob and Laura Petri?

pate

[attachimg=1]

Is all the obituary I need...

God loves a Nimoy.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: onan on March 02, 2015, 04:33:48 AM

Worse yet, the selfish bitch ran off to Minneapolis leaving Rob to raise their kid alone. Luckily he recovered to become a mystery solving doctor.

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on March 02, 2015, 11:50:58 AM
    Worse yet, the selfish bitch ran off to Minneapolis leaving Rob to raise their kid alone. Luckily he recovered to become a mystery solving doctor.

But not before singing in the cheesiest cockney accent ever known to man or woman. A new bar was set a centimeter off the ground after that little escapade.

Quote from: pate on March 02, 2015, 11:47:20 AM
[attachimg=1]

Is all the obituary I need...

God loves a Nimoy.

I intend to go with 'She's dead, Jim'. It just feels right.

onan

And, did you see how she treated her next son (Timothy Hutton) and husband (Donald Sutherland)?

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: onan on March 02, 2015, 03:44:11 PM
And, did you see how she treated her next son (Timothy Hutton) and husband (Donald Sutherland)?

Good point, the pattern of this she-wolf becomes clearer. That nun bit with Dr. Elvis fools no one.

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on March 02, 2015, 03:33:57 PM
But not before singing in the cheesiest cockney accent ever known to man or woman. A new bar was set a centimeter off the ground after that little escapade.

Further evidence of how devastated the man was after being abandoned. Or perhaps evidence of some fugue spell via concussions suffered from those trips and falls...due to his witchy wife changing the furniture so frequently!

ItsOver

What a bitch.  This opening is so 70's.  I love it.

the Mary Tyler Moore show intro final season theme song 480p

Quote from: ItsOver on March 02, 2015, 03:59:37 PM
What a bitch.  This opening is so 70's.  I love it.

the Mary Tyler Moore show intro final season theme song 480p

They cut off the cat meow at the end (I guess that was after the closing credits).  Damn, it's like no time has passed at all since I used to watch that.  But I really wanted to say I think you've got it backwards.  That opening isn't so 70's.  The 70's is so that opening.

sydtron

Quote from: MV on March 03, 2015, 11:58:31 PM
Another dead Seinfeld actor.

http://m.wlwt.com/news/cincinnati-native-seinfeld-malcolm-actor-passes-away/31587198

I'll  believe that when me shit turns purple and tastes like rainbow sherbert!( I know its not him who said this)
Loved him in Super Troopers. 

This sounds like it could be the work of Canadian Bellgabbers.  GFP, I'm looking at you.

http://www.torontosun.com/2015/03/03/star-trek-fans-told-to-stop-spocking-5-bill

[attachimg=1]

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on March 04, 2015, 10:33:12 AM
This sounds like it could be the work of Canadian Bellgabbers.  GFP, I'm looking at you.

http://www.torontosun.com/2015/03/03/star-trek-fans-told-to-stop-spocking-5-bill

[attachimg=1]

Don't be silly.  It wasn't me.  Anyone can clearly see that Sir Wilfrid Laurier was Sarek in disguise, not his son Spock.

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on March 04, 2015, 02:52:43 PM
Don't be silly.  It wasn't me.  Anyone can clearly see that Sir Wilfrid Laurier was Sarek in disguise, not his son Spock.

I suppose that means you'll deny any knowledge of who "Snaped" the esteemed Sir Wilfrid.

[attachimg=1]

Or the evil, bearded Spock from the parallel universe--which is pretty cool, actually.

[attachimg=2]

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on March 04, 2015, 03:00:55 PM
I suppose that means you'll deny any knowledge of who "Snaped" the esteemed Sir Wilfrid.

Or the evil, bearded Spock from the parallel universe--which is pretty cool, actually.

Yeah, well it was Jazmunda's big idea.

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on March 04, 2015, 03:08:19 PM
Yeah, well it was Jazmunda's big idea.

That's quite good!  Many years ago, I discovered that George Washington's face on the U.S. $1 bill looks a lot like Frank Zappa with the right alterations.  It's not just the mustache and brows--they had very similar eyes.  I'm a little out of practice, but here's an example. 

[attachimg=1]

I also knew a guy years ago who meticulously covered the words "In God We Trust" on every bill he got with a black marker because he was an atheist.

Does it make me a really bad person if I come to the Celebrity Deaths thread for laughs??
::)

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Treading Water on March 04, 2015, 03:51:55 PM
Does it make me a really bad person if I come to the Celebrity Deaths thread for laughs??
::)

Not at all. I'm come here for sexual arousal and yuks!  :-X