• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Celebrity Deaths

Started by noodlehead.crucified.c2c, June 25, 2009, 05:28:29 PM

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on September 10, 2014, 11:58:59 PM
:(

He was well known for greatly enjoying interacting with his fans at the conventions.

Everyone loved him.

I remember how disturbing it was when I first saw him portraying "Ruk," who picked up Captain Kirk and squeezed him like a helpless Captain Kewpie doll in "What Are Little Girls Made Of?" penned by Robert Bloch.

I was also at the correct age to interestedly ask, "Hey, who's that pretty girl with Ruk? Hubba hubba."

What is this thing you call... love?

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on September 11, 2014, 12:33:35 AM
What is this thing you call... love?

What--what is this salty discharge?

[attachimg=1]

:(

He was well known for greatly enjoying interacting with his fans at the conventions.

Everyone loved him.

I remember how disturbing it was when I first saw him portraying "Ruk," who picked up Captain Kirk and squeezed him like a helpless Captain Kewpie doll in "What Are Little Girls Made Of?" penned by Robert Bloch.

I was also at the correct age to interestedly ask, "Hey, who's that pretty girl with Ruk? Hubba hubba."

Dude, that was Ted "Lurch" Cassidy and not Kiel in the Star Trek episode.  Turn in your tricorder.

Morgus

Richard Kiel also played the gigantic assistant of evil Dr. Loveless named Voltaire in the 1960s TV series "Wild Wild West"

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on September 11, 2014, 12:46:42 AM
Dude, that was Ted "Lurch" Cassidy and not Kiel in the Star Trek episode.  Turn in your tricorder.

Much appreciated, DigiPig. This is worse than attributing something from The Outer Limits to The Twilight Zone.

What makes my mistake especially egregious is that Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost and I were talking about Cassidy not too far back and I believe this ST episode was mentioned then.  Perhaps even by me.

I WOULD blame it on the alcohol and lack of sleep the last four days. But instead, as far as a serious theory, it might be the viewing the Twilight Zone To Serve Man pics that brought to mind Cassidy's makeup and role on the Star Trek episode.

You can take my tricorder ...  when you pry it from my cold dead hands!

(and it gets even funnier... recently, while talking to a close friend about the James Bond character, the friend mentioned Jaws was portrayed by "Lurch." I gently corrected him that Lurch had played in Star Trek, and that Cassidy had also, interestingly performed an important interview just after the Kennedy assassination while he was working in Dallas - but that Jaws was Richard Kiel. I had the two giants firmly separated in my mind with crystal clarity.... yet today, mixed them like Hollywood quantum superposition. SON OF A BITCH.  hahaha)

RGG even put out a road flare just a few comments back.   Did it stop me?  Hell no:

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on September 10, 2014, 09:34:51 PM
He always seemed like a marginally talented actor who got work whenever a producer said, "Get me a Ted Cassidy type," but his character in "Happy Gilmore" still cracks me up. 

Morgus

Another Noory connection to actor Richard Kiel:
besides playing the alien Kanamit in Noory's fav Twilight Zone episode "To Serve Man" - both were born in Detroit, Michigan...

I hadn`t heard that Richard Kiel passed away. RIP big guy.

My favorite RK film was Pale Rider

b_dubb

Pretty? That's an understatement. HAWT!

Eddie Coyle

The most timely death ever. Completely stealing the fat, talentless hack Benjy's 15 nanoseconds of infamy.

Quote from: b_dubb on September 11, 2014, 09:10:55 AM
Pretty? That's an understatement. HAWT!

But I also said "hubba hubba" !

The multi-talented Polly Bergen, no relation to Edgar, Candace, Charlie, or Mortimer. who was a big star in the fifties and sixties. She was great in "Cape Fear," especially the intense scene on the houseboat with the crazed, egg wielding Robert Mitchum. 

Bart Ell

Henry Dilgbert a/k/a jazmunda

His gravity boots gave out.
He didn't even get a chance to wind down.
Rest well, sweet prince.

Quote from: Bart Ell on September 23, 2014, 08:08:35 AM

Henry Dilgbert a/k/a jazmunda

His gravity boots gave out.
He didn't even get a chance to wind down.
Rest well, sweet prince.

Is this for real Bart?  I see his account was logged in today but he hasn't posted since the 16th.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on September 23, 2014, 12:27:57 PM
Is this for real Bart?  I see his account was logged in today but he hasn't posted since the 16th.

jazmunda is fine, and that's not his real name.  he just had a baby, btw... hence his absence.

Quote from: MV on September 23, 2014, 12:37:50 PM
jazmunda is fine, and that's not his real name.  he just had a baby, btw... hence his absence.

Ah, gullible me.  I was afraid he wasn't going to get to play with his fidget but it sounds like he already did.  Koodos, Bart.

MrMajestik

WOW, I didn't know he was pregnant!
Congratulations Jaz!

Bart Ell

jazmunda is fine, and that's not his real name.
He is also not a celebrity.
None of your "facts" take away from this news of man having baby.

wr250

Quote from: Bart Ell on September 23, 2014, 01:28:48 PM
He is also not a celebrity.
None of your "facts" take away from this news of man having baby.

he is a dark celebrity after killing dark matter.

paladin1991

He was  going to name it after me.  He wanted to give the child every chance in life, hence the naming.

MV/Liberace!

As noted here, James Traficant is dead.

albrecht

"Baby Doc" dead at 63. Or will he rise again due to some voodoo curse? Certainly he and his dad "Papa" Doc caused enough problems and deaths in Haiti to be cursed. Or perhaps someone has captured his soul in an earthen jar and has them hidden in his basement?
http://news.yahoo.com/ousted-haitian-dictator-jean-claude-duvalier-dies-162740649.html

Paul Revere of Paul Revere and the Raiders, age 76, passed away.

Quote from: West of the Rockies on October 05, 2014, 10:10:35 PM
Paul Revere of Paul Revere and the Raiders, age 76, passed away.

Ironic, as the Raiders season died this past week, too.

"South Sea Sinner" featuring the electric piano stylings of Paul Revere!

SCTV, 3/11/83 - "SOUTH SEA SINNER" (BETTY THOMAS)

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on October 08, 2014, 10:20:33 AM
"South Sea Sinner" featuring the electric piano stylings of Paul Revere!

SCTV, 3/11/83 - "SOUTH SEA SINNER" (BETTY THOMAS)

SCTV was the kind of show that wasn't that funny when I'd watch it, but it would stick with me and I'd laugh later.

Quote from: saucerlike on October 10, 2014, 10:37:02 PM
Actress/Comedienne Jan Hooks dead at 57
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/10/arts/television/jan-hooks-of-saturday-night-live-fame-is-dead-at-57-.html?_r=0

Loved her era of SNL, those were the days...

I liked just about everything she did.  The  Sweeney Sisters sketches she and Nora Dunn did were especially brilliant!