• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The guests that we actually like.

Started by Borr, June 20, 2009, 04:00:05 PM

onan

Quote from: Frys Girl on August 31, 2011, 06:20:40 PM
This country is so lost. Rollye James discusses this topic regularly. It amazes me that with such a materialistic society, we don't appreciate our drivers and operators more. Without them, we have nothing! I think they need their advocacy groups to step it up a few notches.

Couldn't agree more. There are so many jobs we have flushed. For a short time many years ago I worked with 5 other guys to coordinate when and where truckers would doc and unload or load up produce and other foodstuffs. And this was just one location for a chain of grociery stores in Pa. Now the possibility of lower paid, less safe, and under-regulated drivers will cause another "down sizing" of workers.

Lovely Bones

I enjoy quite a few of the guests already mentioned, especially Jim Marrs (as others have said, I don't believe his theories, necessarily, but enjoy the heck out of hearing him tell the stories); Michio Kaku; the alien implant doctor; GIS; etc. 

And even though it was a George interview, I liked whoever it was that discussed the young boy allegedly reincarnated from a World World II pilot, the one who kept saying something like, "Little man on fire!" and giving details about a WWII plane he should have had no way of knowing about. 

I also remember really liking a writer Ian has had on a few times, Mary Roach, who wrote "Packing for Mars."  She's pretty funny and down to earth, and she and Ian have a good rapport, so her interviews are anything but dry presentations of science. 

Another one (I think of Ian's, because I enjoyed the interview, so hard to believe it was Snoory) is astrophysicist Jeffrey Bennett, who wrote the series of kids books featuring a Rottweiler who visits various planets. 

CoastCanuck

Some of my favorites are G. Edward Griffin, Jim Marrs, and Gerald Celanti.

The nuttier the better, I say - David Icke, Nancy Lieder etc.

This guest is a caller/guest that would always call in during the mid-late 90s. His name was Steve and he would call when Art had the time traveller, area 51, or men in black lines open.
Although clearly a farce, I did find this guy interesting. He claimed to work for the Supreme Commandant, worked for just about every group in power from the Tri-Lateral Commision to the Illuminati. The Pleadians. President Kennedy...
In a time before the internet became widespread, how did this guy know of such things? I'm not saying I believe him and what he says is real. Not at all. I think the man has some issues to be quiet honest about it. Just don't get it on how he even had knowledge of all of these things. I'd like to see a picture of him or have a talk with him :P

Morgus

Quote from: General Johnson Jameson on October 03, 2011, 12:13:57 AM
This guest is a caller/guest that would always call in during the mid-late 90s. His name was Steve and he would call when Art had the time traveller, area 51, or men in black lines open.
yeah i remember that classic art bell caller known only as 'Steve" as well.
wonder why he stopped calling in suddenly over 10 years ago?

Quote from: Morgus on October 03, 2011, 12:28:53 AM
Ya, me too Morgus. Noory couldn't handle Steve though.

WOTR

Quote from: Morgus on October 03, 2011, 12:28:53 AM
As I understand things, one of the time travelers brought a recording of what C2C sounds like in 2011 back in time and Steve just decided that it wasn't worth the effort to call anymore, considering the downhill slide was a forgone conclusion...

WOTR

I am probably alone in this, but I kind of enjoy Mike "Mish" Shedlock.  Yeah, it's usually doom and gloom, but I enjoy the points and the thoughts.

Does anyone remember the guest who alledgedly had sex with a reptilian? I can't remember her name at the moment, but she was a hoot!  I also enjoyed GIS since you really want to believe in these fools. 

Morgus

Quote from: Your God is on TV on November 14, 2011, 12:29:15 AM
Does anyone remember the guest who alledgedly had sex with a reptilian?
That was Pamela Stonebrooke, a guest going back to Art Bell in the late 1990s.
Here is the link to the c2c website guest page about her and past c2c appearances:
http://www.coasttocoastam.com/guest/stonebrooke-pamela/5861
More info here: http://www.greatdreams.com/reptlan/reps.htm

Biography:
Pamela Stonebrooke, a professional singer in the Los Angeles area, has written the story of her alien encounters, "A Jazz Singer's True Account of Extraterrestrial Contact." Pamela explores her contact experiences in light of theirtransformative aspects, describes sexual relations with a Reptilian alien, and details her experiences with the various aliens she has encountered.

patricia24

I loved the shows with Alan Botkin who created the Induced After Death Communication technique to help soldiers and others who are suffering from PostTraumatic Stress and some of these soldiers had a part in taking another life.   

I wish veterans knew about this therapy --  what happens in their communications with the dead - and some of those who died by the their own hand --- and the forgiving nature of those who passed is stunning and hopeful.

There was another lady who had developed a therapy based on the musicial tones and diagonised patients accuately using these tones....  Forget her name.

I would love to hear from George Anderson but he's never been a guest.

CoastCanuck

In my books, Joe Bullard was an interesting guest on Wednesday night.  His topics, Captain Bruce Cathie and Coral Castle had my attention.

Scully

Quote from: CoastCanuck on February 17, 2012, 06:18:17 PM
In my books, Joe Bullard was an interesting guest on Wednesday night.  His topics, Captain Bruce Cathie and Coral Castle had my attention.

Me, too, CC.  And yet Bullard is the one Simple George chose to be rude to.  Go figure.  :P

Juan

Sorry I don't remember the name of my favorite guest - but one night Art had him on.  He was from Arkansas, IIRC, and his wife and her girlfriend were channeling spirits.  The guest rewired several of those plug-in, electronic pest control devices and had created a force field.  He captured one of the spirits in the force field - and he was afraid to let it out.  He "called" Art to get advice on what to do.

Morgus

Quote from: UFO Fill on February 21, 2012, 06:06:10 PM
Sorry I don't remember the name of my favorite guest - but one night Art had him on.  He was from Arkansas, IIRC, and his wife and her girlfriend were channeling spirits.  The guest rewired several of those plug-in, electronic pest control devices and had created a force field.  He captured one of the spirits in the force field - and he was afraid to let it out.  He "called" Art to get advice on what to do.
Rodney?

tmock00

I always loved R. Gary Patterson and his rock 'n roll myths and urban legends. 

His books (Take a Walk on the Dark Side, Hellhounds on Their Trail, etc.) are really fun reads, and the way he manages to weave everything together was/is so fascinating. You can tell he's really into music and pop culture, and loves what he does.

Art used to have him on somewhat regularly, but I think I've only heard Noory interview him once, and it was nothing at all like the Art days.

BobGrau

Quote from: tmock00 on February 29, 2012, 10:14:10 AM
I always loved R. Gary Patterson and his rock 'n roll myths and urban legends. 

His books (Take a Walk on the Dark Side, Hellhounds on Their Trail, etc.) are really fun reads, and the way he manages to weave everything together was/is so fascinating. You can tell he's really into music and pop culture, and loves what he does.

Art used to have him on somewhat regularly, but I think I've only heard Noory interview him once, and it was nothing at all like the Art days.

He's been on with Ian many times - did Art interview him as well? Cool, I've got to go find that.

timpate

Maybe not one of arts best guests but he was a funny one. Leland Gregory Wacky had the funny tapes.

Matathew

David Adair- child rocket science prodigy, now space technology transferr consultant. Wild story about working on quantum mechanics with stephen hawkings as a teenager, building his own elecro magnetic fushion containment  rockets at seventeen and being taken to Area 51 where the government want his help reverse engineering an alien engine or powerplant that runs on the same principles as his rockets. No idea if Davids completely genuine in his story, although it sounds as validated as a story of that nature could be, and he told it to congress with threat of an inditement for lying.

Mad man Markum- A kid that built a massive jacobs ladder with generators stolen from a powerstation and created what he thought to be a time machine, a conclusion he drew after throwing a screw through a heat signature created by the jacobs ladder which dissapeared then reappeared shortly after.  He goes to jail for stealing the generators, talks to some physicists then decides to build another large scale device, this time using huge rotating electro magnets in his design. He dissapeared shortly after his interview, not being heard from again till 2011 in a nexus mag interview, where he said the machine took him two years into the future and left him memoriless Awesome story, most likely fake in my opinion though.

John hutchinson was always good, too.

Eddie Coyle

I recall Thaddeus Russell being a good interview when Ian had him on in 2010 for his "Renegade History of the US" book. I bought the book based on the appearance...

Noory's guests = books worthy of bonfires.

tmock00

Quote from: Matathew on May 08, 2012, 08:33:54 PM
Mad man Markum- A kid that built a massive jacobs ladder with generators stolen from a powerstation and created what he thought to be a time machine, a conclusion he drew after throwing a screw through a heat signature created by the jacobs ladder which dissapeared then reappeared shortly after.  He goes to jail for stealing the generators, talks to some physicists then decides to build another large scale device, this time using huge rotating electro magnets in his design. He dissapeared shortly after his interview, not being heard from again till 2011 in a nexus mag interview, where he said the machine took him two years into the future and left him memoriless Awesome story, most likely fake in my opinion though.

I loved Madman!  Classic Art.  Ah...those were the days!

preston

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on May 08, 2012, 08:44:12 PM

I recall Thaddeus Russell being a good interview when Ian had him on in 2010 for his "Renegade History of the US" book. I bought the book based on the appearance...

Noory's guests = books worthy of bonfires.
Even Norron thinks the books he gets from guest are crap.That is
why he gives them away.

Lovely Bones

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on May 08, 2012, 08:44:12 PM

I remember re-telling nearly the entire interview during a long hike because I was so fascinated by Russell's interview with Ian.  Was the book worth the purchase?

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Lovely Bones on May 11, 2012, 09:37:46 AM
I remember re-telling nearly the entire interview during a long hike because I was so fascinated by Russell's interview with Ian.  Was the book worth the purchase?

Very good book(now in softcover), told from a libertine/libertarian POV which celebrates the seedier side of American history. Some of his views are preposterous(hookers being proto feminists) but that's his hook. It's certainly a rather iconoclastic approach, and those lacking a sense of humor would dislike it.

Ben Shockley

Quote from: preston on May 09, 2012, 06:37:42 AM
Even Norron thinks the books he gets from guest are crap.That is
why he gives them away.
Or claims to.   I never got the ones I "won" in 2006.

Harmness

Quote from: Lovely Bones on May 11, 2012, 09:37:46 AM

Yes, though as Eddie alluded, you ought to have a grain of salt handy.

Lovely Bones

Quote from: Harmness on May 11, 2012, 09:37:54 PM
Yes, though as Eddie alluded, you ought to have a grain of salt handy.

Cool beans.  I know I needed it during the interview.  But it was fascinating nonetheless. 

I like Loren Coleman.

Plenty of others are entertaining. Coleman is just one that comes to mind since I read one of his books on a camping trip.

bluth co.

Howard Bloom. One of my favourite guests. Always makes me happy.