• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

UFO Phil

Started by Frys Girl, June 18, 2009, 09:38:55 AM

Frys Girl

In the podcasts for C2C, you don't get any music. However, on Friday night podcasts, George plays the entire UFO Phil song. And he always makes a comment afterward like "Awwwww yea. No one does it like UFO Phil."

Why does UFO Phil get this special treatment?

Quote from: Frys Girl on June 18, 2009, 09:38:55 AM
In the podcasts for C2C, you don't get any music. However, on Friday night podcasts, George plays the entire UFO Phil song. And he always makes a comment afterward like "Awwwww yea. No one does it like UFO Phil."

Why does UFO Phil get this special treatment?

It makes great airtime filler so Snoory doesn't have to think or express an independent thought.  That stupid song reaches the creative heights of Dr. Morgus.

Frys Girl

Quote from: aliens_against_noory on June 18, 2009, 10:21:40 AM

It makes great airtime filler so Snoory doesn't have to think or express an independent thought.  That stupid song reaches the creative heights of Dr. Morgus.
SPOT on. I think he's also showing off. "Look guys! I inspire music!"

miamiron

ufo phil is one example I will never/ever listen to Coast to Coast again
It just brings down what Art built to such a degree it's as if Idiot Noorey is pissing on the Art Bell legacy...Did he fucking ruin what was once  a great program...

bigdaddyknapp

I once tried to watch the UFO Phil movie but it was so insufferable I didn't make it beyond the 3 minute mark.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: bigdaddyknapp on June 18, 2009, 05:57:44 PM
I once tried to watch the UFO Phil movie but it was so insufferable I didn't make it beyond the 3 minute mark.
i made 8 minutes.

I got to the scene where he picks up the bums and asks for the 'alien menus" at the restaurant.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Pirate King Atomsk on June 22, 2009, 11:32:27 AM
I got to the scene where he picks up the bums and asks for the 'alien menus" at the restaurant.

yeah, now that i think about it, it was during the restaurant scene i stopped burning electrons on that pile of shit.

KnyeGuy

UFO Phil's song is perfect for the new C2C, so he might as well play it in the podcasts... ughhh

Supernormal

UFO Phil is the poor man's Weird Al Yankovic. He and Doctor Morgus fit the themes of most Friday nights when Noory does things like ask callers to sing in an off-key manner. The sad thing is that I'm serious. He actually did that one night.

Sophie

Quote from: Supernormal on July 19, 2009, 01:36:28 AM
UFO Phil is the poor man's Weird Al Yankovic. He and Doctor Morgus fit the themes of most Friday nights when Noory does things like ask callers to sing in an off-key manner. The sad thing is that I'm serious. He actually did that one night.

That's the truth.

Supernormal

Quote from: Sophie on July 21, 2009, 12:06:51 AM
That's the truth.

Do you recall the time that Noory asked callers to play songs on tubas? That was the night when I first heard the theme from "Jaws".

his fuckin voice is as annoying as shit on rice

fuck the song and fuck the cuntbag what made it

KnyeGuy

noodlehead is a perfect example of precisely what mood you'll be left in if you listen to Noory too much! ...or even just once or twice.

I really wish that they'd get rid of that idiot's song already. It was okay to play it the first time as a 'nice' gesture to the guy for going to the trouble of recording it, but enough's enough!
I honestly thought that it was going to be a one shot deal (playing that shitty song) when George first introduced it.  But I should've seen it becoming a staple in one way or another.

This has probably been mentioned in another thread somewhere, but the only thing worse than UFO Phil's song is when he actually calls in...UGHHHHHH... He always asks, in that annoyingly high pitched, flaming gay voice, "George, can ya, can ya keep a secret?"

How's that for inducing the vomit reflex...

EvB

QuoteI really wish that they'd get rid of that idiot's song already. It was okay to play it the first time as a 'nice' gesture to the guy for going to the trouble of recording it, but enough's enough!
I honestly thought that it was going to be a one shot deal (playing that shitty song) when George first introduced it.  But I should've seen it becoming a staple in one way or another.

I'm not a huge Crystal Gayle fan - but THIS is how you write a song to honor someone, UFO Phil - you putz.

Morgus

I see the c2c website now links under the Friday bumper music list to over 20 music selections available for 99c each at itunes for crazy UFO PHIL:  :o

http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/gravity-brings-me-down/id412810079

Gravity Brings Me Down - UFO Phil
1 Listening to Coast to Coast  UFO Phil  2:29
2 Aliens Really Stink  UFO Phil  2:42
3 UFO Transmissions  UFO Phil  2:55
4 Alien Jam  UFO Phil  3:12
5 Gravity  UFO Phil  3:19
6 Dear George Lucas  UFO Phil  2:38
7 Anakin  UFO Phil  3:48
8 Martian Hunting Season  UFO Phil  3:49
9 Martian Independence Day  UFO Phil  3:13
10 Larry the Lunar Leprechaun  UFO Phil  3:26
11 Christmas On the Moon  UFO Phil  3:24
12 Bad Aliens  UFO Phil  2:39
13 Secret Alien Hideout  UFO Phil  3:14
14 Coast to Coast Tonight  UFO Phil  2:22
15 He Goes By the Name Demento  UFO Phil  2:55
16 Zaxon  UFO Phil  3:16
17 Aliens Really Stink (Unplugged)  UFO Phil  2:39
18 Listening to Coast to Coast (Unplugged)  UFO Phil  2:24
19 Listening to Coast to Coast (Remix)  UFO Phil  2:30
20 Can You Keep a Secret  (Webcast Theme)  UFO Phil  4:23

Frys Girl

Gravity brings down his nuts is more like it! This guy sucks. It is no wonder he's a C2C product. Sorry for all the nuts talk; it seems to be a theme here lately.

Eddie Coyle

How did he survive the Heaven's Gate mass suicide?

Digitech

Wow, I really want to to hear the acoustic and remixed versions of 'Listening To Coast To Coast.'

Frys Girl

Is he related to Dr. Phil?

UFO Phil annoys me more than any other person that has been on C2C. His song is awful. The only piece I will listen to with UFO Phil is this one.
JC Webster confronts UFO Phil

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: General Johnson Jameson on December 03, 2011, 05:34:36 PM
UFO Phil annoys me more than any other person that has been on C2C. His song is awful. The only piece I will listen to with UFO Phil is this one.
JC Webster confronts UFO Phil

"Jesus was not an alien.  Jesus was a white person."

Morgus

Check out UFO Phil's official website: http://www.ufophil.com/
He has some of his goofy videos there including a music video of his "gravity" song...  :P

A different version of UFO Phil's c2c song with Phil dressed as a rocker, featured in a music video plus printed lyrics  here:
http://www.ufophil.com/lyrics.html

Here is the "remix" version on a youtube video:
Listening to Coast to Coast (remix)

Morgus

Found a special "spotlight" on UFO Phil page at the c2c website:
http://www.coasttocoastam.com/article/spotlight-on-ufo-phil

Spotlight on UFO Phil
October 12, 2010  UFO Phil, whose real name is Phil Hill, was given his nickname as a child after telling kids and teachers at school that he regularly talked to alien beings.

According to UFO Phil, his first series of alien abductions began in 1972. Phil says otherworldly beings implanted him with a small microchip, lending him a "heightened musical talent". And, with this talent, he furthers the "Good Alien Agenda" by helping them get their message out. Phil admits there are bad aliens too. But, he refuses to perform their music.

Phil also created the song Listening to Coast to Coast, heard at the end of the C2C program each Friday night. That, and his other original compositions, are available in the Songs section of his website.

b_dubb

someone needs to start channelling some of that "bad alien" music ASAP because that "good alien" music is awful

Vatar

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on December 03, 2011, 04:14:20 PM

How did he survive the Heaven's Gate mass suicide?

They "forgot" to poison his Koolaid.  Imagine him singing in a space ship on a thousand lightyear journey.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Vatar on December 03, 2011, 09:36:26 PM
They "forgot" to poison his Koolaid.  Imagine him singing in a space ship on a thousand lightyear journey.
Yeah, you know it's bad when even a death cult rejects you.

Vatar

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on December 03, 2011, 09:41:24 PM
    Yeah, you know it's bad when even a death cult rejects you.

I have to say if that isn't rock bottom it is fairly close.

Digitech

I think it's obvious of course that he's playing a character and trying to be humorous.

Morgus

Tonight in the first hour, Ian read some of the guesses on his twitter site from listeners regarding his secret announcement.
One of them guessed that Ian would be recording a new song with UFO Phil.  ;D