• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

What did one Jewish bird say to the other Jewish bird?

Started by Frys Girl, June 18, 2009, 08:15:24 AM

Frys Girl

Here is the page where they embed it. Comedy central is being very douchey these days with their embedding. So frustrating.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/06/18/daily-show-in-iran-jason_n_217261.html

MV/Liberace!

the vid is no longer available.  also, all that code is doing nothing.  is the video still up somewhere?

edelweiss

i clicked on it and it played. very entertaining. I don't have tv...so thanks!

Frys Girl

Quote from: edelweiss on June 18, 2009, 03:40:02 PM
i clicked on it and it played. very entertaining. I don't have tv...so thanks!
You're welcome! I like the ending the most. By the way, x-box is the most popular console in Iran. I don't think anyone gives a shit about nintendo. American products baby... Although I think MSFT loses money on making these anyway.

There'll be more and I will post the next report from tonight's show. I admire you for not living with TV.

Quote from: Frys Girl on June 18, 2009, 05:12:20 PM
I admire you for not living with TV. It's so useless!

Amen. Haven't had cable plugged into my t.v. since 2007. I get my news and entertainment from the internet much more easily and efficiently. I don't need 10 fucking car and drug ads 3 times during a half-hour program. I never want to actually BUY anything the t.v. is trying to force upon me. If I want to know about something, I'll search about it online and check consumer reports - thank you.

Also, I don't want to turn this into the "cable television" rant - but the whole thing is full of shit. They force you to pay for packages when you only want like two or three fucking premium channels because everything else is retarded. The simple fact that I'm paying for Univision and Telemundo makes me want to vomit alone. Don't even get me started on the sports, home shopping, and religious channels. Christ - I can find better and more interesting programming on PUBLIC ACCESS. Even MTV and VH1 are unwatchable these days. It's all reality television or retarded game shows. FUCK TV.

MV/Liberace!

haha, good video.

while i don't want the iranian govt. to have access to nukes, i also hope we don't start using phrases like "regime change" in the march toward some sort of otherwise unnecessary war.  the last thing iran needs is an externally generated power vacuum.

fg... how widespread is the use of english in iran?  arabic?

Frys Girl

English is widespread. Arabic is taught much like students learn spanish here. It's compulsory and it serves the "foreign language requirement", but after a certain grade you can switch to other languages like German (most popular).

An armed Iran isn't anything to fear. What you're not even hearing is that 1. Iranians worship the land of Palestine/Israel. They would never ever think to bomb it. That's just politics and scaremongering.

What agent pistachio stated is true - Al Qaeda is a big problem for Iran. After 9-11, Iran made a gesture to Bush - let us work with you. We can get Bin Laden. And it's true. Iranian soldiers are raw as hell and that landscape wouldn't be difficult for them to get around. But Bush wanted to go at it alone. Anyway, it doesn't matter it's in the past.
What you're not hearing is that Iran wants to defend itself against Pakistan - a land of shit and stink which should never have even separated from India, and has arbitrary boundaries.

Pakistan is armed with nukes. Pakistan starved its people to purchase this technology. They are the most unstable land now in the world with nukes AND BIN LADEN/His WORSHIPPERS. Even if Iran had nukes tomorrow, the instability wouldn't cause a nuke war with Israel or America. More likely, with Pakistan, who let's be honest, is the root of the problem with Al Qaeada - not Iraq. Bush put his money on Musharaff, and our tax $$ went to waste there. Instead of turning over toward America and allying with us, they are against us more than ever.

These are FUCKING scary times, but not because of Iran. North Korea is about to attack America, and the newstards are obsessed with Ahmadinejad. What a sad state of affairs.

Sorry I didn't catch this b4 - we're asking for no white (or in this case beige - it didn't work any better) text because some people need to view the forum on a white background. 

Thanks!

EvB
[/]

Caruthers612

Frys Girl,

You'll have to forgive me if, as an American and a Jew, I remain unconvinced (underline that) that Iran should not be a source of fear or concern for the West and Israel. Indeed, your comment on Radio Trainwreck that "Iran has neven done terrorism" made me laugh and puke at the same time. Is this the same Iran in which the entire Islamic Revolution began? The same Iran that made a near messiah of the Ayatollah Khomeni? The same Iran that has been and continues to develop long range missile delivery systems, and is now actively seeking to develop nuclear technology, i.e., that can be turned into nuclear warheads to be placed in those missiles? The same Iran that claims they only want nuclear technology for producing energy for their country, even though they have enough oil to produce more energy than they'll ever need? The same Iran that has issued fatwas against one person after another? The same Iran whose money has indisputably financed terrorist groups in the region, which have carried out one ghastly attack after another? The same Iran which just ordered its state police to open fire on voters in Tehran, gunning down innocent people as a show of power and to intimidate citizens against voting for anyone besides the ruling mullahs?
             Immigrants come here from all over the world, we are, as the cliche goes, a nation of immigrants. I don't care that you're here now and enjoying all the fruits of life in America--opportunity, freedom, prosperity, basic rights, etc. But when you then criticize "U.S. foreign policy in the region" as you did on the air the other night, you piss me off, just as I get pissed off when any immigrant who comes here and enjoys all that our country has to offer attempts to separate those fruits of liberty from our nation's foreign policy. There is no separation between the two. We have the good life we have here precisely because we defend our country and safeguard its interests in the world, especially when people who continuously announce their intentions to kill us and destroy Israel persist in doing exactly that--whether it's 9/11, 7/7 in London, the Spanish train bombing, the unending homicide bombings in Israel that the media apparently feels no need to report, or what have you. When it comes to Fundamentalist Islamic terrorism, this does not originate discretely from one Muslim nation or terrorist group or another. It is a network in which all such entities are involved, whether they supply financing, equipment, training, or safe harbor for the terrorists. And it all started in Iran in 1979. Enjoy life in America, but do not kid yourself about your country of origin, and do no insult my intelligence by making the same tired, hackneyed and fallacious arguments attempting to separate America's domestic life from its foreign policy or government. It is all one. Take it or leave it.

M

Frys Girl

MV -

I believe it because NK openly threatened to bomb Hawaii.

At this point, it doesn't matter. The supreme leader in Iran has cancer. Similarly, the regime in Iran is dying. These mullah thieves are the biggest morons who ever lived - they are committing suicide over their power struggle spat. Good. But what is sad is that people are dying over their fighting. 

I just hope that Rafsanjani's $$$ is frozen and given back to rebuilding Iran. I just don't trust what he is doing - he's one of the richest guys in the world! Why give it all up? We'll see.

Mordred, what I stated is true. The American policy absolutely helped the regime. And no, they haven't done any terrorism to the US. But the US shot down a civilian plane of Iranians in 1988 - Iran Air 655. As for the terrorism to America, that was Al Qaeada. This regime played on the fact that US policy was meddling, and Obama is right. Without his non-intervention policy, this regime would be sticking up strong. Because of US meddling, this regime was able to come to power and they used religion to do it.

The same goes for Israel - their threats only made things worse for Iranians, better for the regime. THank GOD Netanyahu is keeping his mouth shut. Same for Obama. Don't give me this generic chatter about "you live here, so you can't criticize the doings of the government." Bush and Reagan did more to hurt Iranians by making statements and giving the regime what they wanted. Reagan actually would have fucked this whole recent protest up by making a statement, as he did in 1983, and the regime would be rolling tanks. But no one is saying anything or getting involved, and the regime has no defense.

Is the regime bad and terrorizing IT'S OWN PEOPLE - YES! Iranian clerics have been oppressive, more than the shah. That's why I'm here writing this for you. But if you are going to ignore what the US policy has been doing to prolong these assholes (and bring them to power I should add), then you're keeping your head in the sand.

Iranian Americans were being arrested like crazy - ones who worked in American "think tanks", who were just wasting time and money trying to find "peaceful" relations. Instead, the policy of ignore would have been better. They only made the regime paranoid and the prisons were full.

So as an American, I understand the politicking that most Republicans engage in when it comes to Iran - "Ohhhh, they are so scary. They are an axis of evil. Iran, those prisoners are innocent. Don't kill them." To which the regime has always responded with bullets to the head.

Iran never got a fair shake, and the country didn't have normal democratic movements that were allowed to progress. THAT WAS BECAUSE OF US/ENGLISH POLICY.

that's the same bullshit that the Iranian regime uses to get people to trust them. It might win elections after an attack like 9-11 when Americans don't know the difference between Indians and Arabs, but in the long run it doesn't work.

Fixed white text.   -- EvB

Frys Girl

By the way Mordred, my bitterness for the policy toward Iran is rooted in the fact that I always wanted to grow up and live in Iran, relatively free.  Had the US never intervened with the Shah, that would have happened. Also, a lot of Iranians would still be alive. I don't think the shah was good for Iran, but I think that in the long run, maybe by the time the berlin wall fell, Iran would be much more open today.

Anyway, the shah had cancer and left. This is happening again. I hope no one is getting involved to install someone who may have bad intentions. I don't see Obama being involved, or even the UK. But I'm worried about this Marxist group, the PMOI, who have a BIG standing in Paris. Their HQ is in Paris.

Even Tom Tancredo supports them! I think that people don't know much about Iran, and it's easy to just say "terrorist!", but it's much more complicated than that. The US policy has played a part - the only smart thing about the mullahs was how they exploited the US meddling to get people to trust them (even if by force). So please don't say "it's easy to say". It's not easy. It's hard and painful, actually.

EvB

I had a friend (or, I suppose, more accurately the husband of a friend) who testified before congress regarding civil rights abuses in Iran in the late 70's.  The next time he traveled - he disappeared.

He was found a day later in a dump in New Jersey.  His throat was slit. His trench coat was layed over him like a shroud. His (very nice) watch was stil on him, his wallet, cash, and credit cards were still in his pocket.

Nothing was ever proven - but, as I said - he had testified - and the testimony was televised. He also happened to be the chairman of the US National Baha'i Assembly.

It's hard not to draw certian conclutions.

Frys Girl

Quote from: EvB on June 22, 2009, 05:34:57 AM
I had a friend (or, I suppose, more accurately the husband of a friend) who testified before congress regarding civil rights abuses in Iran in the late 70's.  The next time he traveled - he disappeared.

He was found a day later in a dump in New Jersey.  His throat was slit. His trench coat was layed over him like a shroud. His (very nice) watch was stil on him, his wallet, cash, and credit cards were still in his pocket.

Nothing was ever proven - but, as I said - he had testified - and the testimony was televised. He also happened to be the chairman of the US National Baha'i Assembly.

It's hard not to draw certian conclutions.
My dad was thrown in jail for 2 nights because he wore bellbottom pants. Shah's time was an oppressive mess. As much as I blame America for propping him up, I also blame him for not having better judgment, and relaxing. He was a paranoid fuck who just wanted to smoke cigars and go for jogs on the beach.

He gave authority to a secret police like the Basij have now. Same oppressive issues. But if you went along with the regime, you were OK. No one usually came into your house and arrested you for having a wedding with music and wine!

Anyway, the reason most of my family (and I AM too) republican, is because everyone thought Carter brought this asshole Khomeini to power. Then we saw that Reagan talked out of both sides of his mouth - "Bad Iran" - "Here's some weapons mr. ayatollah!". DIck Cheney was a particularly good gift to the mullahs. His days at the defense department were dark and his VP days didn't help either.

Anyway, it's an internal Iranian issue that will hopefully lead to a regime toppling. I totally did not see this thing playing out like this. AT ALL. What I thought was that his asshole Mousavi was using the protesters as a shield and tool to get Presidency.

If there's a revolution, I will go back and invite all of you to Iran! Especially you EvB. Then maybe you can finally have your bean salad! :)

EvB

I may have my dates Norried up.  This was post Shah. the Ayatollah Khomeini was in power.

I tried to look it up - but it was pre-net. All I could find were out of context listserv comments by one of his daughters - and they were confusing to ME let alone anyone who didn't know them or the situtaion.

That aside - I'd love to see Iran!

Frys Girl

Quote from: EvB on June 22, 2009, 06:14:16 AM
I may have my dates Norried up.  This was post Shah. the Ayatollah Khomeini was in power.

I tried to look it up - but it was pre-net. All I could find were out of context listserv comments by one of his daughters - and they were confusing to ME let alone anyone who didn't know them or the situtaion.

That aside - I'd love to see Iran!
Oh yea? That makes sense. During the beginning of this regime, Mousavi ordered EVERYONE killed. One of his orders was "this is a war against anti-revolutionaries. in war (by Islamic law), we can kill and lie. use your prudence." What bullshit. Mousavi is a complete murderer! He's playing the pious guy now, and mark my words, he might try to use Islam as a cover for his crimes - "we were at war!" How about go fuck yourselF!

His deeds led to an end to the PM position, and left a much less powerful, impotent President Post.

Quote from: Mordred478 on June 22, 2009, 03:49:24 AM
Frys Girl,

You'll have to forgive me if, as an American and a Jew, I remain unconvinced (underline that) that Iran should not be a source of fear or concern for the West and Israel. Indeed, your comment on Radio Trainwreck that "Iran has neven done terrorism" made me laugh and puke at the same time. Is this the same Iran in which the entire Islamic Revolution began? The same Iran that made a near messiah of the Ayatollah Khomeni? The same Iran that has been and continues to develop long range missile delivery systems, and is now actively seeking to develop nuclear technology, i.e., that can be turned into nuclear warheads to be placed in those missiles? The same Iran that claims they only want nuclear technology for producing energy for their country, even though they have enough oil to produce more energy than they'll ever need? The same Iran that has issued fatwas against one person after another? The same Iran whose money has indisputably financed terrorist groups in the region, which have carried out one ghastly attack after another? The same Iran which just ordered its state police to open fire on voters in Tehran, gunning down innocent people as a show of power and to intimidate citizens against voting for anyone besides the ruling mullahs?
             Immigrants come here from all over the world, we are, as the cliche goes, a nation of immigrants. I don't care that you're here now and enjoying all the fruits of life in America--opportunity, freedom, prosperity, basic rights, etc. But when you then criticize "U.S. foreign policy in the region" as you did on the air the other night, you piss me off, just as I get pissed off when any immigrant who comes here and enjoys all that our country has to offer attempts to separate those fruits of liberty from our nation's foreign policy. There is no separation between the two. We have the good life we have here precisely because we defend our country and safeguard its interests in the world, especially when people who continuously announce their intentions to kill us and destroy Israel persist in doing exactly that--whether it's 9/11, 7/7 in London, the Spanish train bombing, the unending homicide bombings in Israel that the media apparently feels no need to report, or what have you. When it comes to Fundamentalist Islamic terrorism, this does not originate discretely from one Muslim nation or terrorist group or another. It is a network in which all such entities are involved, whether they supply financing, equipment, training, or safe harbor for the terrorists. And it all started in Iran in 1979. Enjoy life in America, but do not kid yourself about your country of origin, and do no insult my intelligence by making the same tired, hackneyed and fallacious arguments attempting to separate America's domestic life from its foreign policy or government. It is all one. Take it or leave it.

M

The serious mess with the Shah was only part of the impetus for the neanderthal nut cases who took over Iran.  There was also the centuries old rising and ebbing tide of bloodthirsty, conquering, mindless, radical Islamists.  They just used our misguided policies as a reason for their establishment of a caveman type government in Iran.

You have no need to defend anything.  The Iranian people speak for themselves, as they are right now, with innocent blood.

Frys Girl

Quote from: aliens_against_noory on June 22, 2009, 12:11:39 PM
The serious mess with the Shah was only part of the impetus for the neanderthal nut cases who took over Iran.  There was also the centuries old rising and ebbing tide of bloodthirsty, conquering, mindless, radical Islamists.  They just used our misguided policies as a reason for their establishment of a caveman type government in Iran.

You have no need to defend anything.  The Iranian people speak for themselves, as they are right now, with innocent blood.
I am so proud of Iran and I only wish the media would stop calling this the "pro-mousavi" rallies. They're not that at all. They were initially, and the people in Tehran saw that the IRI was weak. Neda has changed the course of this entirely. The girl who was shot dead, Neda, was engaged to be married (engagements last about 1-2 months in Iran). Her fiance told BBC Persian - this was not about Mousavi or Ahmadinejad. This was about a totally Free Iran - sep. of church and state.

God I hope this is a revolution. To be free in your homeland is the best feeling in the world, where people can say your name without laughing, and where you can say "screw this guy or that guy" without ending up in jail. It has been my parents' dream to retire in Iran. That might come true.

I was opposed to these demonstrations initially, and I guess it was because I think it's sick that Iranians should die for a bearded piece of shit who brought them into this mess to begin with (Mousavi, a Khomeini disciple).

Whys should Iranians die for these bastards to settle their power struggles? The superpowers who helped this revolution - I'm talking about Mika Brzinski (Morning Joe girl)'s dad of the Carter regime - had better apologize. They had better apologize for what they have done to fuck up Iran and encourage murder in the Middle East - Hezzballa, etc...

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Frys Girl on June 22, 2009, 12:25:34 PM
I am so proud of Iran and I only wish the media would stop calling this the "pro-mousavi" rallies. They're not that at all. They were initially, and the people in Tehran saw that the IRI was weak. Neda has changed the course of this entirely. The girl who was shot dead, Neda, was engaged to be married (engagements last about 1-2 months in Iran). Her fiance told BBC Persian - this was not about Mousavi or Ahmadinejad. This was about a totally Free Iran - sep. of church and state.

God I hope this is a revolution. To be free in your homeland is the best feeling in the world, where people can say your name without laughing, and where you can say "screw this guy or that guy" without ending up in jail. It has been my parents' dream to retire in Iran. That might come true.

I was opposed to these demonstrations initially, and I guess it was because I think it's sick that Iranians should die for a bearded piece of shit who brought them into this mess to begin with (Mousavi, a Khomeini disciple).

Whys should Iranians die for these bastards to settle their power struggles? The superpowers who helped this revolution - I'm talking about Mika Brzinski (Morning Joe girl)'s dad of the Carter regime - had better apologize. They had better apologize for what they have done to fuck up Iran and encourage murder in the Middle East - Hezzballa, etc...

I totally agree with you.  Notice the Aristotle quote below.  Externally, at least, the people are fighting both the government [and] religious establishment at the moment, which makes it extremely difficult for a revolution to come to fruition.  The government could fall, but the old guard in the religious hierarchy probably will survive, and just prop up another figure head.

Frys Girl

Quote from: The Philosopher on June 22, 2009, 12:32:07 PM

I totally agree with you.  Notice the Aristotle quote below.  Externally, at least, the people are fighting both the government [and] religious establishment at the moment, which makes it extremely difficult for a revolution to come to fruition.  The government could fall, but the old guard in the religious hierarchy probably will survive, and just prop up another figure head.
Let me further emphasize something about Iranians and this movement - they are arranging the next step THEMSELVES. There will be a national strike tomorrow. When oil workers do not show up to do the work for the blood money these assholes survive on, it will be the start of the end.

That is how the shah went down. Although my dad always says that with the shah, someone in the US or UK just called him up and said "GO AWAY", which could be true.

The only group who can fuck this revolution up in Iran - cause us to repeat the past with this regime is a group called PMOI or MEK. They are Marxist cult who are the same shit as these guys. But oddly, they have support thanks to brainwashing.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Frys Girl on June 22, 2009, 12:36:53 PM
Let me further emphasize something about Iranians and this movement - they are arranging the next step THEMSELVES. There will be a national strike tomorrow. When oil workers do not show up to do the work for the blood money these assholes survive on, it will be the start of the end.

That is how the shah went down. Although my dad always says that with the shah, someone in the US or UK just called him up and said "GO AWAY", which could be true.

The only group who can fuck this revolution up in Iran - cause us to repeat the past with this regime is a group called PMOI or MEK. They are Marxist cult who are the same shit as these guys. But oddly, they have support thanks to brainwashing.

Regardless of the immediate outcome, I think the movement has taken on a life of its own, free of any one individual.  This makes it the most powerful.

Frys Girl

Quote from: The Philosopher on June 22, 2009, 12:39:18 PM

Regardless of the immediate outcome, I think the movement has taken on a life of its own, free of any one individual.  This makes it the most powerful.
My new prediction - Shirin Ebadi will be the next leader in Iran. More women are participating than men, according to my family! Good. It's about time men in Iran got served for the double standards. Shirin Ebadi won the Nobel Prize in 2004 for her work in helping women in Iran, among other works. But she has worked under the shah (as a judge) and now as a lawyer in Iran (fuckers in Iran don't accept female judges in Sharia).

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Frys Girl on June 22, 2009, 12:43:59 PM
My new prediction - Shirin Ebadi will be the next leader in Iran. More women are participating than men, according to my family! Good. It's about time men in Iran got served for the double standards.

George Knapp mentioned something about Twitter last night... he said that thousands of Americans have been logging onto Twitter - and using Tehran - as their location - .  This somehow helps confuse the 'death-meisters' in Iran from locating the protesters in Iran.  I don't know the source of this story - have you heard of this?  This would be a great way to participate.

ArtBellFan

Quote from: aliens_against_noory on June 22, 2009, 12:11:39 PM

Frys Girl

Quote from: The Philosopher on June 22, 2009, 12:49:04 PM

George Knapp mentioned something about Twitter last night... he said that thousands of Americans have been logging onto Twitter - and using Tehran - as their location - .  This somehow helps confuse the 'death-meisters' in Iran from locating the protesters in Iran.  I don't know the source of this story - have you heard of this?  This would be a great way to participate.
Yes. If you are tweeting about Iran, which honestly, I would only do if you have help to lend - like tips about going around the Internet filters, etc.. - you should switch your time zone to trick those fuckers.

Another good way to participate is to tell the media - THIS IS NOT A PRO-MOUSAVI MOVEMENT. Neda's fiance told BBC that neda demonstrated for free iran - no IRI period. These are freedom fighters, not pro-mousavi protesters.

The Mousavi pics are a way of pissing off Ahmadinejad faction in the GOVT AND making them target/kill Mousavi, which is justice if you catch my drift. Let him die in the shit that he brought to Iran.

EvB

Quoteas an American and a Jew,

He Mordred - how come I always thought you were a Brit?