• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Harrison Bergeron (1995)

Started by Pirate King Atomsk, June 04, 2009, 09:05:40 PM

If you haven't read the story by Vonnegut, or seen the cable TV film...

IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0113264/

Full Movie on Google Video:
Harrison Bergeron (1995)

Dixie Butcher

Aw may-an!  Netflix doesn't have it.   Pooey!  Well,  I'm gonna have to try to watch it here,  I reckon.   

Love the premise. 
Remind you of anyone?? ??

Love the way Vonnegut's mind works. 

And thus far - about 5 minutes into it - I freakin' love  LOVE   LOVE    LA-HA-HA-HA-HA-UUUUUUUUUV-VAH!- THE SET AND THE CLOTHES !!!! *

OMG!OMG!OMG!OMG!
(The living room curtains?  To die for. Television set? Must have one.)

Thanks for the heads up,  PK, that's gonna be FUN!  Lawd!  If you're into that whole retro vibe,  you should get  "Fido".  It's a shameful waste of Billy Connelly,  who plays a zombie /butler, but a not altogether bad movie.  You could actually draw a few loose connections with "Fido" and "Harrison". 

But man! oh! man!  the sets,  cars, houses and the clothes nearly made me weep. No detail was overlooked. (except using a Ramones song- major gaff, there...)  'An mah big ol' Hill William hubsbent was in a perpetual state of  "I want that!" "I want that!" "I want that!" "I want that!"   93 minutes of nonstop-covet.  Including a zombie-butler-slave.  (only if it was George Noory, though- man!  that'd be a gas!)

Thanks again, PKA

Duh-icksy

PS- Tim Blake Nelson is pretty fun in this - & about the antithesis of his character, "Delmer",  in "Oh Brother Where Art Thou."

*I wanted brown where the teal is,  duh,  but there was no 'light gray" & their 'brown' was more red,  so i went with 'teal', even though it's not historically correct. 

Dixie Butcher

I tried to post pics , and seemed to have failed - it was no big whoop at all - but apologies in advance in case it shows up later all screwy.   :P

Dixie, completely surrounded by dork energy...

Quote from: Dixie Butcher on June 05, 2009, 05:40:17 AM
Thanks for the heads up,  PK, that's gonna be FUN!  Lawd!  If you're into that whole retro vibe,  you should get  "Fido".  It's a shameful waste of Billy Connelly,  who plays a zombie /butler, but a not altogether bad movie.  You could actually draw a few loose connections with "Fido" and "Harrison". 

Hey, I loved Fido! I accidentally found it..(as I do with most movies) by browsing randomly through interesting people's playlists. I didn't even know the movie was set in a 50's style environment before I saw it. I just tuned in for the idea of a zombie butler at first, but the setting was very 'Pleasantville"/"Fallout 3" making it even more interesting for me. You've got fine taste, Dix. I'd be interested in seeing your personal playlist sometime.  ;D

Oh, my favorite role in "Harrison Bergeron" was definitely Nigel Bennett as Doctor Eisenstock. He's a great actor. Very well-suited for the roles of doctors/teachers/administrative types/scientists. Very under appreciated dude, IMO. Tim Blake Nelson is pretty funny in this movie too, but it's a shame they don't use him very much. Also, Eugene Levy as the president was just "fuckin" hilarious. I'd vote for him. lol.

Dixie Butcher

8)

Yeah, man, I'd definitely be into rootin' though each others drawers sometime, PK.  Let's do that sometime !

I'm a tad distracted at the moment,  but I shall do my best to compile a list or sumpin' to that effect.

I LOVE meeting cool people and having them help me to broaden my horizons.  You won't catch me watching the same episodes of The Twilight Zone over and over again.  ;)

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Dixie Butcher on June 05, 2009, 06:23:03 AM
I tried to post pics , and seemed to have failed - it was no big whoop at all - but apologies in advance in case it shows up later all screwy.   :P

Dixie, completely surrounded by dork energy...
haha, we were having a problem with the attachment upload feature and the avatar upload feature.  it's all been fixed.  sorry bout dat.