The Spec Sheet

Started by MV/Liberace!, May 30, 2009, 11:47:14 PM

Just listened to the 9/17/14 SS.

GO, XEROX!

(face covered in warrior toner powder)

Bart Ell

Quote from: area51drone on September 19, 2014, 03:29:18 PM
Falkie DID get the check

A little birdie sent me a link to a video of Boxfan Fatty being driven around by his girlfriend. The 2 spend most of the video arguing and she can be heard saying STOP HITTING ME. Maybe he thought he was in an elevator or something.

Quote from: eddie dean on September 19, 2014, 04:26:44 PM
Hey zeebo, I've always wondered if your Av was taken at the Grand Canyon. Everytime I went there as a kid, there were always lots of squirrels. Some tame enough to eat peanuts and sunflower seeds out of a steady hand.

I've been wondering the same thing, although the one time I was there the squirrels were big, burly, reddish bruisers about the size of a small cat, so maybe zeebo's avatar is a childhood picture.  There were signs every so often telling you not to feed the squirrels, but nobody heeded them.  A lot of the squirrels were very bold and one of them stood on his hind legs and waved his front ones until somebody offered him a peanut, which he'd take right from the person's hand.  They were a great sideshow.

Heather Wade

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on September 19, 2014, 05:18:24 PM
Just listened to the 9/17/14 SS.

GO, XEROX!

(face covered in warrior toner powder)

Thanks for that hilarious mental image, Cam.   ;D

Quote from: area51drone on September 19, 2014, 03:29:18 PM
I've got 6 monitors :)

Listening to the 2 week old spec sheet right now, just for the record, Falkie DID get the check, the reason it took so long to get to him is that he gave me the wrong address!

Also, Redacted, I don't know if you solved the issue, but some older card readers are limited to 2gb or 4gb, if your card is bigger than the reader can handle, that could also be the issue.

Ah, my sd's are all 4gb each.  Been very busy, and have not had a chance to shut off the computer.  Will report as soon as I try re-seating & such.

b_dubb

I've been driving around looking for MV's Sonic party! I had all this awesome Sonic food and it all went bad! I was traumatized when I had to throw it out! I've spent about $200 on gas so far and ... oh look a Sonic!

eddie dean

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on September 19, 2014, 05:40:26 PM
I've been wondering the same thing, although the one time I was there the squirrels were big, burly, reddish bruisers about the size of a small cat, so maybe zeebo's avatar is a childhood picture.  There were signs every so often telling you not to feed the squirrels, but nobody heeded them.  A lot of the squirrels were very bold and one of them stood on his hind legs and waved his front ones until somebody offered him a peanut, which he'd take right from the person's hand.  They were a great sideshow.

I haven't been to the GC in years. It wouldn't surprise me to hear that the squirrels have grown, evolved and even organized.  They might even be brandishing firearms to shakedown the tourists for junk food.

wr250

Google's Doubleclick ad servers exposed millions of computers to malware

Last night, researchers at Malwarebytes noticed strange behavior on sites like Last.fm, The Times of Israel and The Jerusalem Post. Ads on the sites were being unusually aggressive, setting off anti-virus warnings and raising flags in a number of Malwarebytes systems. After some digging, researcher Jerome Segura realized the problem was coming from Google's DoubleClick ad servers and the popular Zedo ad agency. Together, they were serving up malicious ads designed to spread the recently identified Zemot malware. A Google representative has confirmed the breach, saying "our team is aware of this and has taken steps to shut this down."

http://www.theverge.com/2014/9/19/6537511/google-ad-network-exposed-millions-of-computers-to-malware

zeebo

Quote from: eddie dean on September 19, 2014, 04:26:44 PM
Hey zeebo, I've always wondered if your Av was taken at the Grand Canyon. Everytime I went there as a kid, there were always lots of squirrels. Some tame enough to eat peanuts and sunflower seeds out of a steady hand.

Hmm well you're in the right general region, but sorry, I can't give more details about my whereabouts, past or present.  Do you know how much people would pay for a squirrel that composes haikus, even if they are about George Noory?

zeebo

Quote from: (Redacted) on September 19, 2014, 05:41:42 PM
... Will report as soon as I try re-seating & such.

After you're sure your cables are all good, I suggest you verify in your BIOS that all your SATA devices are enabled.  (If your sd reader is in fact disabled at the bios level, I believe it would not be showing up in windows device manager - so if it's not there, that might be a clue.)

* Disclaimer - I'm a just a humble programmer, and my knowledge of hardware is from tinkering only.  Please consult with professionals before following my advice.  I have in fact accidentally fried both a hard drive and a motherboard in my checkered past. 

Quote from: zeebo on September 19, 2014, 07:54:55 PM
Hmm well you're in the right general region, but sorry, I can't give more details about my whereabouts, past or present.  Do you know how much people would pay for a squirrel that composes haikus, even if they are about George Noory?

Not as much as you might think, especially not while Twiggy is around.  You have talent kid, but face it.  There just isn't much call for haikus about George Noory at your typical boat, camper, and RV expo.  Now don't get me wrong.  I've never known another squirrel who could sling seventeen syllables as succinctly as you, but if you want to make the big money, you need to dazzle the crowd with breathtaking, death defying deeds, because there's some serious competition out there.

[attachimg=1]

area51drone

Finally caught up on the Spec Sheets again now.    Mudking, I definitely would have called in to argue MV's point if I were able to listen live.   Right before you mentioned how no one calls in, I was thinking how I would have loved to!   

I know this isn't a politics thread, but I'll just say what I would have basically said on the phone anyway.   I don't think it's so black and white as "why the hell are we fighting against these people?"   I don't think anyone would disagree with your philosophy on a surface level, but there are probably many things we do not know.   Some of it probably has a lot to do with military superiority and future strategy, and keeping the oil flowing for our military alone, and has nothing to do with $6 a gallon gasoline.   Obama and the dems would probably welcome $6 a gallon.    It might be that if we aren't over there, the Russians or the Chinese would step in and control a very large portion of the world's fossil energy reserves.  And do we want that happening as a nation?   To meet most of our energy needs, I think we should be pouring money into battery technologies and clean nuclear, such as breeder / fast intergral reactors.   But even those will likely never fly our planes or fuel our tanks - so for the foreseeable future we will need lots and lots of oil.    Unless you desire to see yourself living under Chinese or Russian rule, you'll probably have to accept our men and women dying for the cause.    You also need to remember that our military is voluntary, and anyone who signs up with the military should know what they're getting into.    Realistically and statistically though, very very very few of our people have died compared to the hundreds of thousands of brown people in the last few years alone.

No one needs to respond to that, I'm not looking to start some big spec sheet argument.   Like MV said, it just feels good to get your opinion off your chest sometimes.   Carry on.

heater

area51drone, you made very good points and would have loved to hear and be part of that conversation.  I think our country world's need to find real and long term power solutions and clean usable water are going to be the driving force behind conflicts for this century.  It pains me to think that anyone will have to die for those things but in our past they died for a king or queen so I guess its not that different.

zeebo

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on September 19, 2014, 09:11:48 PM
...there's some serious competition out there.
[attachimg=1]

Yeah tell me about it, always some new kid tryin' to knock me off the top of the mountain (er, tree).  But ya know I try to keep it fresh by doing edgy events like my poetry slams and extreme mini-golf tournaments.

MV/Liberace!

The Spec Sheet this week will be Monday instead of the usual Tuesday. Same time, 7PM Central. UFOShip.com to listen live and chat.

wr250

Judge OKs serving legal papers via Facebook
Social-media users, beware â€" that next Facebook “poke” could be from a process server.
In a groundbreaking court ruling, a Staten Island man got permission to use Facebook to serve his ex-wife legal notice that he doesn’t want to pay any more child support.
A Family Court official ruled that Noel Biscocho could use Facebook to serve Anna Maria Antigua because other, more traditional methods to slap her with papers have not worked.

http://nypost.com/2014/09/18/judge-oks-serving-legal-papers-via-facebook/

b_dubb

That legal precedent can't last. Unless you've been physicall served papers there's no way to prove you've been served. You have to have a witness.

wr250

Quote from: b_dubb on September 21, 2014, 01:23:20 PM
That legal precedent can't last. Unless you've been physicall served papers there's no way to prove you've been served. You have to have a witness.

IMO if a reasonable attempt to find and serv her has been made, but failed, then she should be held in absentia, and the case proceeds without her.

Heather Wade

Quote from: wr250 on September 21, 2014, 11:19:42 AM
Judge OKs serving legal papers via Facebook
Social-media users, beware â€" that next Facebook “poke” could be from a process server.
In a groundbreaking court ruling, a Staten Island man got permission to use Facebook to serve his ex-wife legal notice that he doesn’t want to pay any more child support.
A Family Court official ruled that Noel Biscocho could use Facebook to serve Anna Maria Antigua because other, more traditional methods to slap her with papers have not worked.

http://nypost.com/2014/09/18/judge-oks-serving-legal-papers-via-facebook/

Another reason to do the happy dance if you are not on fb.   ;D

zeebo

Quote from: (Redacted) on September 21, 2014, 03:09:43 PM
Another reason to do the happy dance if you are not on fb.   ;D

Agreed, speaking as someone who spent an entirety of 20 mins. of fb a few years ago, just so I could see an old friend's  travel pics.  I promptly freaked out at the site design, set up to break down my comfy walls of anonymity, and vacated the system at once, my little anti-social nutshell intact. 

wr250

Quote from: zeebo on September 21, 2014, 05:46:21 PM
Agreed, speaking as someone who spent an entirety of 20 mins. of fb a few years ago, just so I could see an old friend's  travel pics.  I promptly freaked out at the site design, set up to break down my comfy walls of anonymity, and vacated the system at once, my little anti-social nutshell intact.
this:

or this:

Catsmile

It's anti-social media, not social media.
Typing about and posting pictures of your life, and endlessly commenting about what others post on their wall using a phone, tablet, PC, by yourself is not being social it's anti-social.

Seems to me "social media" is isolating us from each other.
Why talk to or go out and catch up with a person in real life, when I can just check their wall?
And the more people in my "social media circle" the more time I spend reading and commenting, which equals less time actually interacting with people in real life. Interacting with a machine is not being social. Being anti-social is fine by me, but don't try to tell me how social you are by the amount of MyFace friends, or Twater followers you have, or the number of likes accrued.  ::)

Please like this post

wr250

ODG’s R-7 Glasses combine a Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 system-on-chip and Vuforia SDK for Digital Eyewear with its own proprietary electro-optic, computing, sensor, and power components. The ODG technology generates transparent, 720p visual elements and delivers an immersive 3D stereoscopic display, enabling “the seamless and real-time overlay of 3D, photo-realistic graphics, video, and annotations,” says ODG.
Summary of R-7 specs

Specifications listed by ODG for the R-7 Glasses include:

Processor â€" Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 (8084) (4x Krait 450 cores @ 2.6GHz); Adreno 420 GPU; Hexagon QDSP6 V5A (600MHz)
Memory â€" 4GB Pop LP-DDR3 RAM; 16-128GB SSD
Display â€" 1280 x 720 (720p) @ 100fps 3D stereoscopic transparent, 16:9 HUD with removable photochromic shields
Camera â€" 720p autofocus @ 100fps camera; additional tracking camera
Wireless:
802/11ac (Qualcomm VIVE)
Bluetooth 4.0
FM
GPS/GLONASS (IZat GNSS
Sensors:
3x gyroscope
3x magnetometer
3x accelerometer
Barometric pressure
Humidity
Ambient light
Other I/O â€" micro-USB OTG magnetic charging port; magnetic stereo audio ports with ear buds
Other features:
2x mics (user and environment)
Adjustable, multi-size nose bridge with optional nose pads
Removable ear horns
Optional wireless finger controller
Optional wireless keyboard
Optional corrective lenses
Power â€" 1400mAH rechargeable Lithium-Ion batteries with magnetic connector cable (micro-USB OTG)
Weight â€" 5.5 oz
Dimensions â€" 7.2 x 6.1 x 2.1 in.
Operating system â€" Android 4.4.3 with ReticleOS and Vuforia SDK for Digital Eyewear

http://linuxgizmos.com/android-eyewear-uses-qualcomm-vr-platform/

Tarbaby

ha! you beat my lifetime time on Facebook by 20 minutes.

Quote from: (Redacted) on September 19, 2014, 05:41:42 PM
Thanks for that hilarious mental image, Cam.   ;D

Speaking of mental images, Red. While listening to your call in on Spec Sheet episode SEP 09 2014, I kept thinking how funny it would have been if you had pretended getting shocked by your computer, screamed, then said nothing for several seconds.

"Well, I do see a little arcing going on in there, Curtis.  I think I can tighten that connection.....  ..... OH MOTHER OF Gaaaaw...."  (silence)

zeebo

Quote from: Catsmile on September 21, 2014, 06:36:27 PM
.... Seems to me "social media" is isolating us from each other....

Excellent point.  I notice this when watching sports or concerts on tv, when they pan to the audience and everyone's taking pics/video to post on their fb walls or whatever.  Instead of a group of people sharing a great experience together, they're artificially "sharing" it with people who aren't even there.  And does it not also put a wall up in front of the individuals themselves, keeping them from actually being there? 

Years ago I had the fortune of travelling through Europe.  I started off in Rome, and on my very first day went to see Michelangelo's famous Pieta.  As I was standing there in awe, I saw a tourist walk in, film the statue with his camcorder for about ten seconds, then walk away.  I remember thinking to myself "Guess he'll just catch the video later."  I mean what's the point?  It was at that moment I vowed I would limit my picture-taking, and actually try and really be there for whatever I saw/heard/experienced during the 3 mos. I was there.  It was awesome, I still think about it today, and I never needed someone's friggin facebook thumbs-up of some picture I posted to convince me how great it was.

zeebo

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on September 21, 2014, 10:58:20 PM
Speaking of mental images, Red. While listening to your call in on Spec Sheet episode SEP 09 2014, I kept thinking how funny it would have been if you had pretended getting shocked by your computer, screamed, then said nothing for several seconds.

"Well, I do see a little arcing going on in there, Curtis.  I think I can tighten that connection.....  ..... OH MOTHER OF Gaaaaw...."  (silence)

How about ... "OH MY GOD .... IT'S FULL OF STARS!"

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on September 21, 2014, 10:58:20 PM

I would have immediately inquired, "Tell us what it's like on the other side, (Redacted)."

MV/Liberace!

btw... just another reminder, the spec sheet is live today at 7PM central.  click here to listen live and chat.

Catsmile

The Spec Sheet Live Monday, September 22, @ 8PM Eastern - 5PM Pacific

Join the live Stream and chat here: http://ufoship.com/chat/

Call The Spec Sheet: 573-837-4948