• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Spec Sheet

Started by MV/Liberace!, May 30, 2009, 11:47:14 PM

ksm32

I rather enjoyed that tonight. I broadcasted the Spec Sheet via my Ccrane FM transmitter II around the exterior of the house while working on my deck. That being said? I have learned nothing, but that is my fault.. I am the dumbest guy Ian Punnet knows.

chinaclipper

great time tonite...really enjoyed hearing ev.  hope for more of her.  (mv was ok too)

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: chinaclipper on June 16, 2015, 07:56:14 PM
great time tonite...really enjoyed hearing ev.  hope for more of her.  (mv was ok too)

ev is great.  she's made me sound more entertaining than i really am on numerous occasions.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: MV on June 17, 2015, 01:44:07 PM
I normally send out a "heads up" notification to all BellGab users when a GabCast episode is drawing near.  I'm not going to be doing that any longer.  The system will now be entirely opt-in.  Here's how it will work.

1) Click on "Profile" in the main menu.

2)  Hover your mouse over "Modify Profile" and then click "Group Membership" in the menu that appears.

3)  Now click "Join Group" where appropriate.  You will now receive notifications, and if your preferences change, you can leave the group at any time.

Lilith

Quote from: chinaclipper on June 16, 2015, 07:56:14 PM

I can't remember the last time I heard or watched something that made me laugh so hard, and so much.....I had a GREAT time!  There is hope for the world.......Praise MV!!

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: brig on June 17, 2015, 05:31:32 PM
I can't remember the last time I heard or watched something that made me laugh so hard, and so much.....I had a GREAT time!  There is hope for the world.......Praise MV!!

thanks, i hope the show was listenable.  i never know.  hard to judge your own dogfood.  ev and i were a little out of our element being restrained to talking tech.

MV/Liberace!

The latest episode of The Spec Sheet is available here:
http://ufoship.com/?cat=11

BobGrau

Really enjoying the show tonight!

And I'm listening to the Spec Sheet at the same time  :D

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: BobGrau on June 17, 2015, 07:40:55 PM
Really enjoying the show tonight!

And I'm listening to the Spec Sheet at the same time  :D

I usually do this while hosting.

MV/Liberace!

The Spec Sheet is live at 8PM Eastern.  UFOShip.com/chat to listen live.  GabCast after that.

Catsmile

The Spec Sheet LIVE! Today, June 23, 2015 at 8PM Eastern - 5PM Pacific

Join us on the live Stream, and chat here: http://ufoship.com/chat/

Call The Spec Sheet: 573-837-4948

Insider

I happened upon this show, for the first time, on Dark Matter the other week.

You spent the first 30-60 minutes contemplating what was the point of it all when you have no listeners and have not advanced any further than when you started.

Bloody hilarious.

I was pissing myself laughing throughout.

Good stuff.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Insider on June 23, 2015, 07:18:50 PM
I happened upon this show, for the first time, on Dark Matter the other week.

You spent the first 30-60 minutes contemplating what was the point of it all when you have no listeners and have not advanced any further than when you started.

Bloody hilarious.

I was pissing myself laughing throughout.

Good stuff.

Thank you sir. I get depressed.

Jackstar

Quote from: MV on June 24, 2015, 01:47:26 AM
I get depressed.

but... you're a gun owner. Guards!

pate

Will there be a Spec Sheet tonight?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: pate on June 30, 2015, 04:45:07 PM
Will there be a Spec Sheet tonight?

you should subscribe to the spec sheet announcement, sir.

pate

PMs disturb my delicate mental balance.  Gets the old OCD acting up.

Don't you also have some allergic response to the PM as well?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: pate on June 30, 2015, 09:37:34 PM

Don't you also have some allergic response to the PM as well?

I do. It's difficult for me. You might call it a form of PTSD.

wr250

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/06/30/windows_10_wi_fi_sense/

windows 10 shares wifi passwords with outlook.com, skype ,and with an opt-in, facebook contacts.

a workaround is to add _optout to your SSID.

as a side note add _nomap to prevent google from mapping your wifi ssid

Jackstar

QuoteThe password must be stored centrally by Microsoft,

eddie dean

You guys were speaking about 'Beats' headphones and how much of a ripoff they are. I totally agree! When a company resorts to adding additional weight to these POS HP, it's a good indication the product sucks ass! They are simply a fashion statement or status symbol, uggh!
I have a pair of $100 phones which blow the Beats HP out of the water as far as quality of sound. Fuck Beats!

Check out this pair of headphones:
http://www.businessinsider.com/sennheiser-orpheus-headphones-sound-like-gold-2015-1

Sennheiser Orpheus. Now thats a pair of bad ass headphones!!
Comes with it's own tube amp which needs a key to power on!
They were priced at $16,000 and only 300 were made.
Can't buy them new anymore and the aftermarket cost is double. That's right $30,000!
Holy shit these must sound amazing. No lead weights needed!

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: eddie dean on July 02, 2015, 04:52:36 PM
You guys were speaking about 'Beats' headphones and how much of a ripoff they are. I totally agree! When a company resorts to adding additional weight to these POS HP, it's a good indication the product sucks ass! They are simply a fashion statement or status symbol, uggh!
I have a pair of $100 phones which blow the Beats HP out of the water as far as quality of sound. Fuck Beats!

Check out this pair of headphones:
http://www.businessinsider.com/sennheiser-orpheus-headphones-sound-like-gold-2015-1

Sennheiser Orpheus. Now thats a pair of bad ass headphones!!
Comes with it's own tube amp which needs a key to power on!
They were priced at $16,000 and only 300 were made.
Can't buy them new anymore and the aftermarket cost is double. That's right $30,000!
Holy shit these must sound amazing. No lead weights needed!

Holy crap, tube headphones. Those must sound amazing.

saucerlike

Quote from: eddie dean on July 02, 2015, 04:52:36 PM
You guys were speaking about 'Beats' headphones and how much of a ripoff they are.
Was that from the latest episode, the 23rd?  I have a pair of Sennheiser HD 280's (about $100/pair), I can't stand those shit Beats.  I don't want headphones that require a battery (if they still do, not totally sure about that), it's bullshit.  If I want more bass I just turn up the fucking bass knob on my mixer.  Voila.

eddie dean

Quote from: saucerlike on July 02, 2015, 07:40:09 PM
Was that from the latest episode, the 23rd?  I have a pair of Sennheiser HD 280's (about $100/pair), I can't stand those shit Beats.  I don't want headphones that require a battery (if they still do, not totally sure about that), it's bullshit.  If I want more bass I just turn up the fucking bass knob on my mixer.  Voila.

Yes, I believe that's the episode.
I have that exact pair (Senn. HD 240) My Favorite set! They are very comfortable, sound great & are pretty accurate! I don't like the coiled cord, but thats the only thing I don't like about them. Great all around HP
I also have the AKG K171-Studio Headphones. They have a rich and accurate sound as well with a nice low freq  bump. The only problem is they have small diameter drivers & ear pads.  which don't go all the way around your ears, they crush them to your head. It's uncomfortable as hell if you wear them for long periods of time.

saucerlike

I found the article about them just as I heard it brought up on the spec sheet...  It's amazing how stupid people are, honestly.  The worst part is my best friend has a pair and loves them *facepalm*.  I love the Sennheisers, got to agree with you about the cord and them being uncomfortable.  The most underrated thing though is the isolation.  You could almost use them as ear protection in a loud environment.  I'd use them more if they didn't hurt after like 30 mins.  TBH the ones I use most are the Panasonic RP-HT21. 

Link to them on amazon: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00004T8R2/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=1EGK5ZTCHS2LH&coliid=I3DBVG7UKERMFO&psc=1
I LOVE these, and at $5.95 they have better bass than any "cheapo/old school" headphones I've ever had.  Different class obviously, but for ipod/mp3 listening I've already worn out one pair due to loss of one channel (they lasted longer than I expected), have one on now, and two new ones still in the package.

eddie dean

Quote from: saucerlike on July 02, 2015, 09:33:32 PM
I found the article about them just as I heard it brought up on the spec sheet...  It's amazing how stupid people are, honestly.  The worst part is my best friend has a pair and loves them *facepalm*.  I love the Sennheisers, got to agree with you about the cord and them being uncomfortable.  The most underrated thing though is the isolation.  You could almost use them as ear protection in a loud environment.  I'd use them more if they didn't hurt after like 30 mins.  TBH the ones I use most are the Panasonic RP-HT21. 

Link to them on amazon: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00004T8R2/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=1EGK5ZTCHS2LH&coliid=I3DBVG7UKERMFO&psc=1
I LOVE these, and at $5.95 they have better bass than any "cheapo/old school" headphones I've ever had.  Different class obviously, but for ipod/mp3 listening I've already worn out one pair due to loss of one channel (they lasted longer than I expected), have one on now, and two new ones still in the package.

I agree about the isolation properties.
The closed back of the HD 240's and the tight fit around the ears really works well to isolate sound. Superb when worried about leaking playback into an open mic in recording studio and broadcast environments.

saucerlike

Just to add, I agree with everything MV talked about regarding guns.  Criminals don't give a fuck what the regulations are because of course, they're criminals for fucks sake.  I'm ashamed the comment on being murdered with an anvil cracked me up.   :D

heater

want to be a co-host on tonight's episode?  MV is out tonight and I would like to get a group of people together to talk computer tech / security / gaming (console or pc).  I think we can handle a total of 4 people so if you want in PM me asap as we start at 8PM Eastern.  You'll need skype and a decent headset or mic.

Remember we are going to be on the Dark Matter stream so you will need to manage your use of the English language.  Spanish is fair game though.

Chine

Quote from: themudking on July 07, 2015, 10:49:19 AM
want to be a co-host on tonight's episode?  MV is out tonight and I would like to get a group of people together to talk computer tech / security / gaming (console or pc).  I think we can handle a total of 4 people so if you want in PM me asap as we start at 8PM Eastern.  You'll need skype and a decent headset or mic.

Remember we are going to be on the Dark Matter stream so you will need to manage your use of the English language.  Spanish is fair game though.

Oh, I'd love to do this. Too bad that I don't have Skype nor a headset.