• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Ian Punnett

Started by sillydog, April 06, 2008, 04:15:35 PM

What do you listen to when you can't take C2C anymore?

Nothing
Mainstream talk radio
Progressive talk radio
Music
TV
Podcasts

TigerLily

Quote from: Jackstar on December 24, 2016, 02:24:15 AM

I have a creative name and interesting classification for you

Jackstar

Quote from: TigerLily on December 24, 2016, 02:33:29 AM
I have a creative name and interesting classification for you

Only until Hillary deletes it.

Ciardelo

Merry Christmas Ian!

Don't look so worried buddy, it's all going to be OK.

paladin1991

Where the hell is Ian.  ART has gone tits up on us.  Hoaxster is, well, Hoaxing.  John B. is being 'difficult.'  And the Snooron, well, he makes me snore.

Ian!  Time to put away silly doctoral thesis, crack open a bottle of Scotch, mix up a pitcher of martinis, set the Glugweine to simmer, fire up the fondue pot and start podcasting.  American needs YOU!  Time to saddle up and ride, hombre!

ItsOver

Quote from: Penis mv on December 29, 2016, 04:03:39 PM
Where the hell is Ian...
He's in the middle-of-nowhere Ada, Ohio.  He must have a thing for cornfields and cows.  Moo.

Quote from: Penis mv on December 29, 2016, 04:03:39 PM
Where the hell is Ian.  ART has gone tits up on us.  Hoaxster is, well, Hoaxing.  John B. is being 'difficult.'  And the Snooron, well, he makes me snore.

Ian!  Time to put away silly doctoral thesis, crack open a bottle of Scotch, mix up a pitcher of martinis, set the Glugweine to simmer, fire up the fondue pot and start podcasting.  American needs YOU!  Time to saddle up and ride, hombre!
I downloaded a youtube video interview with Ian today. Don't remember which exactly at the moment, but i am sure if you search utube, you will find it. I kind of liked Ian sometimes.
Oh a quick check tells me it was paranormal podcast 461

Robert

This morning on his "Invite Health" program, Jerry Hickey said the use of headphones with the program fed back on delay predisposed to tinnitus, although he hadn't developed it.  (He also said he'd never had to be bleeped, because he's so in control.)

coaster

I enjoyed listening to Ian. Witty and has a great sense of humor. Don't threaten the hoover..

Dateline

Quote from: coaster on June 30, 2017, 10:55:03 PM
I enjoyed listening to Ian. Witty and has a great sense of humor. Don't threaten the hoover..

I miss him and his contribution to Coast, too.  No one has really filled his horseshoes. 

Morgus

Quote from: Dateline on June 30, 2017, 11:10:55 PM
I miss him and his contribution to Coast, too.  No one has really filled his horseshoes.
Yep, I miss Ian and his interviews with "Jason the Horse"  8)

Parris001

Where the hell is Ian? We need him badly.

Ciardelo

Quote from: Parris001 on November 03, 2017, 08:50:41 PM
Where the hell is Ian? We need him badly.
He's still clutching his pearls over on the facebag. Loved him as a host, not so much as a political commentator.

cweb

Thrilled to hear that Ian will be available to guest host C2C again!

Let this thread ARIIIIIIISE!

Uncle Duke

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on June 30, 2017, 10:01:25 PM

Ian ''Werewolf'' Punnett, Instructor of Multimedia Journalism, wearing the school tie for his official photo

https://www.onu.edu/user/ipunnett 

https://www.onu.edu/arts_sciences/communication_and_media_studies/areas_of_study/multimedia_journalism 

Ohio Northern is a small (~3000 students) Methodist university in Ada, Ohio, about 150 miles north of Cincinnati.  It's literally in the middle of nowhere, cornfields bordered two sides of the school when we visited about twenty years ago. There is an iHeart/C2C affiliate in the nearby city of Lima (~20 miles), as well as an independent, on-campus FM station at ONU.  One would assume Ian will do C2C from the locate affiliate.

So for you radio guys, how does that work when a syndicated guest host does a show from a local station?  I would guess iHeart just tells an affiliate they are facilitating the broadcast of a guest host, but would they pay a non-affilate station a fee for studio time if no affiliate was available to do the show?

Darth Vader

Ian is a very good host. The force is strong with him. I will teach him the DARK ARTS OF THE FORCE. So he can replace George Noory, Weather Hade and George Senda.

BobGrau

Great news, I miss Ian.

ItsTelly

This really made my month!  I'm weeping with joy that Ian has decided to return.  Truly one of the best hosts C2C ever had.  Very interesting topics and a great interviewer.

As far as stations go, didn't he do the show from his home in Minneapolis?  Why couldn't he do from his home in Ada?

Otherwise, Detroit is just a little over 2 hours north. Didn't George once do his show from the OnStar studios there?

Telly

Uncle Duke

Quote from: ItsTelly on May 07, 2018, 11:01:19 AM
This really made my month!  I'm weeping with joy that Ian has decided to return.  Truly one of the best hosts C2C ever had.  Very interesting topics and a great interviewer.

As far as stations go, didn't he do the show from his home in Minneapolis?  Why couldn't he do from his home in Ada?

Otherwise, Detroit is just a little over 2 hours north. Didn't George once do his show from the OnStar studios there?

Telly

I think he had a home studio in Minnesota, he and his wife did a daily show on an OTA there.  I assumed he will do the show from a station since that's what other rent-a-hosts (Willis and Syrett for sure) do.

Dr. MD MD

Dave said last night that the time Ian sounded drunk was because of his tinnuitus. I take that to mean he got drunk because he was bummed out about it. ;)

cweb

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 07, 2018, 02:17:52 PM
Dave said last night that the time Ian sounded drunk was because of his tinnuitus. I take that to mean he got drunk because he was bummed out about it. ;)
I'll remember to use that one next time.

"You see *hic* Officer, I have *hic* tinnitus. Threaten the hoover."

ACE of CLUBS

Quote from: ItsTelly on May 07, 2018, 11:01:19 AM

Ian Punnett gets a little 'smarmy' at times .....
Most times ..... good.

Gingerwatch

So Ian found a cure for his tinnitus.  I too am weeping with joy at the return of Ian. 

I like Ian punnet.  Iirc he's à séminaire student in St Paul Minnesota. Twin city of MPLS. I had pictured hiM as a half starved bookish type but from the photo he is cornfed like that other dude.

fotd

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 07, 2018, 02:17:52 PM

In the past I researched treatments and read that Valium was something that is used off label to treat tinnitus.  It's possible that he was trying it for treatment.  It would certainly line up with appearing "drunk", I know I seemed that way years ago when I abused benzos.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: fotd on May 08, 2018, 07:50:23 PM
In the past I researched treatments and read that Valium was something that is used off label to treat tinnitus.  It's possible that he was trying it for treatment.  It would certainly line up with appearing "drunk", I know I seemed that way years ago when I abused benzos.

Could be.