• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Ian Punnett

Started by sillydog, April 06, 2008, 04:15:35 PM

What do you listen to when you can't take C2C anymore?

Nothing
Mainstream talk radio
Progressive talk radio
Music
TV
Podcasts

KnyeGuy

Quote from: TaoOfLuxLisbon on December 31, 2011, 12:26:43 PM
Ian was awesome last night. Especially the way he tried to pump up the guy down on his luck, and then handled that right-wing anti-semite fucktard who called in. My HOPE is that guy drives off a cliff.

Yeah, because mentioning "Zionists" must ABSOLUTELY mean that someone's an anti-semite, right? Pffff, gimme a break man.

Quote from: KnyeGuy on December 31, 2011, 06:21:57 PM
Yeah, because mentioning "Zionists" must ABSOLUTELY mean that someone's an anti-semite, right? Pffff, gimme a break man.

Yeah....you're right man........bringing up the Jewish mayor of Chicago (Pretty dumb zionist doing this NOW, considering he once was White House Chief of Staff) claiming he was somehow going to be the one to take all of America's guns away (and protect the country's wolves while he's at it???  :o ) .....total coinkidink.   ::)

Morgus

Part two of Ian's new years caller predictions show tonight.
More crazy callers in the first hour already, including some wacko rambling on about King Midas changing into palladium and being the anti-christ?  :o

VtaGeezer

I fast-blasted Ian tonight after hearing his several mentions of JB Wells, to tell him some aren't going to happy with Wells if he goes off the deep end with rightwing stuff, radio voice or no voice.

Morgus

Another frequent and annoying caller calling himself Suliman got in again tonight claiming devilish forces tried to prevent him from making it on.
Apparently he used a fake alias name to get on and Ian recognized him immediately as Suliman.
Ian read Suliman's prediction for last year last night and it was totally wrong of course.
Ian sounds annoyed with Suliman again...  8)

Morgus

Hahaha,
Ian just made a prediction about the regular annoying callers Bill from West Hartford, Will from Madison Wisconsin, and Suliman will use fake aliases to get on the air in 2012.  ;D

Morgus

Ian signed off tonight with his goodbye speech and reminding he will return to host the c2c second Sunday of the month shows and probably some Noory fill-ins during the new year.
Ian's New Years photo from his studio tonight at his twitter page:

valdez

Quote from: Morgus on January 01, 2012, 12:36:18 AM
Part two of Ian's new years caller predictions show tonight....More crazy callers... some wacko rambling on about King Midas...

The King Midas thing was weird, and the lady ranting about the Chinese soldiers in Mexico "just like they had in Sudan, when Hitler did his Normandy thing," is a direct indictment of our nation's educational system.  The "Flying Piranha Raccoons" was just too cool.  It reminded me of "Vampire Bear."  I think it was the same guy calling.  Ian never heard of "project bluebeam"?  No wonder I like him.  Happy New Year, gabsters.

new mayan calendar, mayan prophecy, dec 21 2012 secrets, new mayan pictures

Lovely Bones

Quote from: Morgus on January 01, 2012, 04:16:35 AM
Ian signed off tonight with his goodbye speech and reminding he will return to host the c2c second Sunday of the month shows and probably some Noory fill-ins during the new year.

Thanks for the photo, Morgus.

Ian's sign off kind of baffled me.  I wasn't quite sure how to read it.  I'm out of here . . . except . . . . I am a ghost except. . . . I'm bucking tradition. . . I'm not like Oprah, or Regis, or Mary Hart.

I have no idea what Oprah, Regis, or Mary Hart did, but I surmise from Ian's goodbye speech that they all left doors open to their return.  Why say he was doing things differently, then add the exceptions?  Contract fulfillment?  Then why keep the twitter contacts going?

Dunno.  In the end, I decided there was something in Ian's sign-off that said:

"Coast to Coast is dead.  I'll fulfill any contractual obligations I have.  Other than that, I'm glad to be out of there.  My life is moving on--in other directions." 

Maybe it was New Year's nostalgia and sentimentality, but for the first time I believed those who have said we'll hear that soon from Knapp.  Guess I'm late to the funeral, but I was left just kind of, well, feeling like we've got nowhere to go from here but down. 

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Lovely Bones on January 01, 2012, 09:37:57 AM

Dunno.  In the end, I decided there was something in Ian's sign-off that said:

"Coast to Coast is dead.  I'll fulfill any contractual obligations I have.  Other than that, I'm glad to be out of there.  My life is moving on--in other directions." 

Maybe it was New Year's nostalgia and sentimentality, but for the first time I believed those who have said we'll hear that soon from Knapp.  Guess I'm late to the funeral, but I was left just kind of, well, feeling like we've got nowhere to go from here but down.

That's exactly how I heard it as well. An undertone of "this thing ain't what it used to be,so I'm getting out". It's like Saigon, late April, 1975. Ian mentioned the one Sunday night appearance, but how long will that last? Wouldn't be surprised if he's off the show completely by summer.

All the vestiges to classic C2C have been severed from Art to Rollye to Ian. Knapp is probably next to get "one in the hat"(pardon my 1930's mobster lingo) and be replaced by deep voiced some soft rock DJ who fits the suit like Johnny Bravo.

b_dubb

Has anyone heard Coast referred to as the George Noory Show? I was listening to  a station online (out of Maryland) and they kept calling Coast the George Noory Show. I puked. In my MIND

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: b_dubb on January 01, 2012, 11:15:51 AM
Has anyone heard Coast referred to as the George Noory Show? I was listening to  a station online (out of Maryland) and they kept calling Coast the George Noory Show. I puked. In my MIND
I like that better. That's what it is. It ain't C2C anymore, it's the George Noory clown show.

Morgus

Quote from: Lovely Bones on January 01, 2012, 09:37:57 AMIan's sign off kind of baffled me.  I wasn't quite sure how to read it.
i just read it as ian's weird sense of humor.
he announced he was saying goodbye until he returns next weekend for his regular 2nd sunday of the month hosting from now on.
he mentioned he won't do like Jay Leno and return and take away the Sat late-night slot now owned by John B. Wells.

however i recall Jay Leno first returned with a new earlier time slot with Conan keeping the late-night slot, so Ian could do that as well and return at some point and reclaim his early Sat night slot like he did a few years back and called his show "C2C Live" which replaced the Art Bell Somewhere in Time Replays.
That would have been my prediction for 2012 for his list...

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on January 01, 2012, 11:30:03 AM
...  it's the George Noory clown show.

You mean the George Noory Ass Clown Show?

Frys Girl

Ian is way too good for Coast to Coast. Glad he is moving on.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Paper*Boy on January 01, 2012, 02:49:13 PM

You mean the George Noory Ass Clown Show?

That works as well.

CoastCanuck

My take on Ian's farewell speech is he firmly closed the door so that there won't be future speculation about Ian returning to C2C.  He was making it clear that he was leaving for good. (except the once a month/occasional fill in shows)

Another great show with plenty of whacko callers.

Ian was clearly kidding about the being done forever....."I'm gone....forever......until January 8th." Good stuff. I hope he does fill in for Snoor now and then, and I'd really like the prediction show to be his.

Morgus

Ian improved a lot this year from what I recall when he hosted the two part prediction shows last year.
Though he doesn't number the caller predictions like Art did, to make it easier to find and refer to a particular prediction later on.

WOTR

There were several veiled references that made me think that Ian is done and that it is his choice.  I can't recall any right now (I would have to listen again) but there were some comments that were well hidden.  I knew Art was done on his last show for the same reason (if I recall, there were some comments about call screeners and a few others?)  No doubt that Ian will finish out his contract, but from his tone and hints (I didn't hear his farewell) I would say he is as done as Art.  Even with a full miraculous recovery, he won't return.  It was a good ride...

It is like 1984.  Now there is just Knapp to go before all reminders of what potential Coast has is wiped.  It will not be long before there are very few who recall an Art, Ian or Knapp.  Any new listeners (or anybody who is young) will not know what once was.

astroguy

Quote from: WOTR on January 02, 2012, 01:02:07 AMIt will not be long before there are very few who recall an Art, Ian or Knapp.  Any new listeners (or anybody who is young) will not know what once was.
Except for those of us who download the old shows.  I did a recent tally -- I have 165 GB of C2C shows.  Assuming around 56 MB per 2.6-hour show (what it is now), that's 7730 hours, or enough for 322 24-hour days of straight listening.  Joy.

Lovely Bones

Quote from: Morgus on January 01, 2012, 02:27:34 PM
i just read it as ian's weird sense of humor.
he announced he was saying goodbye until he returns next weekend for his regular 2nd sunday of the month hosting from now on.
he mentioned he won't do like Jay Leno and return and take away the Sat late-night slot now owned by John B. Wells.

however i recall Jay Leno first returned with a new earlier time slot with Conan keeping the late-night slot, so Ian could do that as well and return at some point and reclaim his early Sat night slot like he did a few years back and called his show "C2C Live" which replaced the Art Bell Somewhere in Time Replays.
That would have been my prediction for 2012 for his list...

[bolding mine]

Morgus!  This is important!  Did Ian really mention Jay Leno in that list?  Did he truly say he wouldn't return like Leno did?

I caught only Mary Hart, Oprah, Regis. 

Leno could change everything in how I feel about what he said (a la your second paragraph).

Does anyone have the podcast? 

stevesh

Quote from: Lovely Bones on January 02, 2012, 09:03:27 AM
[bolding mine]

Morgus!  This is important!  Did Ian really mention Jay Leno in that list?  Did he truly say he wouldn't return like Leno did?

I caught only Mary Hart, Oprah, Regis. 

Leno could change everything in how I feel about what he said (a la your second paragraph).

Does anyone have the podcast?

No, just those three. Interestingly, he said thanks to everyone associated with the show, including all the producers and even C Crane, but didn't mention (a minor player, I guess) Art Bell.

Quote from: stevesh on January 02, 2012, 09:52:06 AM
No, just those three. Interestingly, he said thanks to everyone associated with the show, including all the producers and even C Crane, but didn't mention (a minor player, I guess) Art Bell.

On his Twitter page (which I've been to just once looking for something, and what a waste of time his 'tweets' are), someone asked about that and he replied something about Art not being part of the show anymore.

The same Art Bell that insisted Ian be given a program and continue on the air when Art came back and took the weekend slots.

Someone called up and said if Ian recovered, maybe he could take back the spot. Ian laughed and said he wasn't going to pull a Jay Leno and he wouldn't steal someone's spot back after he gave it up of his own volition. It was not during his closing comments.

I would not read much into anything. I absolutely feel Ian will be on the second Sunday, and maybe an occasional night filling in for Snoor when he takes a vacation, for a while to come.

Morgus

Quote from: Paper*Boy on January 02, 2012, 02:03:47 PM
On his Twitter page someone asked about that and he replied something about Art not being part of the show anymore.
i saw that too.
Ian is probably just honoring what Art Bell requested - that his name and any links to him be taken off the c2cam website, no references to him in regards to the show anymore.  8)

WOTR

Quote from: stevesh on January 02, 2012, 09:52:06 AM
I'll go with Morgus on this one.  I don't think Art wants to be connected in any way with the train wreck that Coast has become.  It is a kindness not to thank Art for making Coast what it now is.

Frys Girl

Everyone is jumping ship. I remember Ian making a joke about 2012 saying "maybe the next Mayan Calendar is the bikini calendar." LOL dig at George Noory's "somethin's gonna happen."

11angeleyes11

I became a follower of the Deacon Punnett today afixing myself a place in Twitter history.  When he and his followers on Twitter amass to rebuild the ruins of a once great empire, the Mayan prophesy will be fulfilled. 

11angeleyes11

Quote from: Frys Girl on January 02, 2012, 04:42:43 PM
Everyone is jumping ship. I remember Ian making a joke about 2012 saying "maybe the next Mayan Calendar is the bikini calendar." LOL dig at George Noory's "somethin's gonna happen."
I agree one hundred percent.  I just want to add that there are sharks in them thar waters.

Another way to analysis this is to state that it is a changing of the guard.   First Art is gone, then Ian.  George, dear, you promised to 2012, and your contract is extended until 2013, but I am sure that there are lucrative offers knocking on your Hollywood door now.  As Churchill said, never, never never give up. 

It is all so bittersweet, I mean, I feel like my night reality is changing before my ears.  I may need to schedule me an additional session weekly to get through these changes.   (Great show topic, "Adjusting to the paranormal reality of shadow hosts as they enter to another dimension, and how this will impact the new world order and your personal reality in 2012."  Dr. Demoniquecus, Phd in Reality and Consciousness from the New Age Institute discusses this with Rob Simone, Thursday. . .)