• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Ian Punnett

Started by sillydog, April 06, 2008, 04:15:35 PM

What do you listen to when you can't take C2C anymore?

Nothing
Mainstream talk radio
Progressive talk radio
Music
TV
Podcasts
May as well go full infomercial, Noory has.

b_dubb

Quote from: Lovely Bones on December 19, 2011, 10:48:13 AM
Or to a scam artist promoting some worthless concoction that allegedly only Ronald Reagan could once get which now available to the public, only through George Snoory's commercials?
uhhhh ... Jelly Bellies?

WOTR

Quote from: CoastCanuck on December 18, 2011, 07:09:39 PM
I've seen negative comments about George and John, are there equal feelings about Ian promoting his book and also about making a mistake?
Meh, A mistake (even two or three) are easy to make and not hard to forgive.  It is also easier to forgive a host whom you believe does a good job most of the time for being human.  It is hard to forgive a crap host his repeated mistakes (usually reapeated over and over and over...)

I will let the above point about childrens books vs. gas masks, radiation detectors, work at home scams and alternative medicines speak for itself.

CoastCanuck

Quote from: KnyeGuy on December 19, 2011, 12:44:43 AM
I think I heard Ian mention that his kids' book proceeds are either entirely going to charity, or at least some percentage.
Out of curiosity, has he stated which charities? 

Lovely Bones

Quote from: CoastCanuck on December 21, 2011, 06:11:41 PM
Out of curiosity, has he stated which charities?

Inspired by his dog Jack, the slightly edgy book with “just a note of menace,” is the story of a little girl who suffers from bad dreams and takes comfort from a stray dog that watches over her while she sleeps. The book’s dark humor has caused some critics to compare it to the work of legendary writer Shel Silverstein. Punnett donates all profits from the sale of his books to children’s and animal charities nationwide.

[bolding mine]

http://redandnater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=87345

aldousburbank

Quote from: Peto of Verum on December 02, 2011, 01:17:02 PM
To all forum viewers,

I have two different issues to address.

... it seems everyone keeps listening to the program.  Your days seem to be filled with how much you dislike the radio show and everything about it. You all pat yourselves on the back regarding how witty and insulting you can be.  Sorry, that side of the website I can live without.  I do not think it adds anything to my life. I do like open opinions and mindedness. (is that even a word, mindedness?  Sounds like something George would have said. You all seem to think he says the darnest things.)

Myself, I especially enjoy the mindedness of how much George sucks- that's good stuff!  Man, I listened to a Saturday Art Bell replay recently and it was like a real human experience, a conversation even; an intelligent being on the other end of the radio waves that could keep you awake if only for the quality of sentience.    This George crap is amazing in its lack of brilliance and reason, and this is the meager enjoyment we can wrench out of the overnight trainwreck.

One of the only reasons I listen to C2C, is because I find it fascinating that people will "buy" into just about anything they are told.  The entire program, from its commercials to many of it's guests,  are nothing but Money loving, Money grubbing twisters of the truth.  They will say and do anything to make money.  These lovers of money have turned the people of this country into mindless cattle.  I for one do not like what they have done.  You can still make money in this country by not lying to everyone.

I look forward to all of your responses.  I can't wait to read what everyone has to say.  Defend yourselves people.  I just slapped you into reality.

Peto of Verum

This is a good point Peto, the lowest common denominator of crap sells by the truckload and the current coast is a good example of this marketing factoid.  Let us celebrate our radio chimera by means of the 3 stooges eye poke and stuff here on Cgab. 

And by the way, while you may still make money by not lying to everyone, you will still be crucified by speaking truth to all.

Quote from: KnyeGuy on December 19, 2011, 12:44:43 AM
I think I heard Ian mention that his kids' book proceeds are either entirely going to charity, or at least some percentage.

Proceeds or profits?  I doubt he is selling enough books to cover his costs even if he is self publishing.

I remember just before his second book came out, good ol' George Noory was bragging about how 'the profits' from his first book were going to go to his kids and the second book profits would be his.  I doubt he cleared a penny on either

CoastCanuck

Quote from: Lovely Bones on December 22, 2011, 08:56:32 AM
Punnett donates all profits from the sale of his books to children’s and animal charities nationwide.[/b][/i]
Two thumbs up for Ian.   Thanks for the info.
A question about Art Bell while we are on the book promotion topic. When Art used to do the show, did he promote his books?  If so, was it specified what became of the profits?  (Art was before my time)

Have George's kids availed themselves of the work at home opportunity he hawks? He has mentioned more than once that they are un/underemployed.
He also said that he personally approves all ads on C2C and that Work at Home (or whatever it's called) is guaranteed income. If it's so foolproof, would think he would want his own kids to participate.

Morgus

Quote from: CoastCanuck on December 22, 2011, 06:29:00 PM
A question about Art Bell while we are on the book promotion topic. When Art used to do the show, did he promote his books?  If so, was it specified what became of the profits?
Very much so, even more than the other hosts if I recall.
Art would promo a new book he had coming out for months on the live show and also upcoming book signings or media appearances during the new book tours as well.
Art never said anything about the profits, nothing about any charities that I can remember.
Just assumed Art made the profits for himself to buy more ham radio equipment or something.  8)

Ian is going to do predictions this year. Last year he said he was put in there after Art Bell stopped doing the show.. I was angry. This year I'm actually happy he is doing the show..

BUT.. Coast should have thought outside the box: Put Knapp and Ian together on the show doing it together. And calling Art Bell directly and asking him for his prediction!!!

HAL 9000

Ian, for Pete's sake,

STOP WRAPPING YOUR PRESENTS ON-AIR!

valdez

Quote from: HAL 9000 on December 25, 2011, 01:25:59 AM
Ian, for Pete's sake...

I thought wrapping his gifts on the air was just the right touch.  Dr. Judith Orloff on dreams, and Rick Collingwood on...something.  My thoughts wandered.  Mostly on the guy who born 2000 years ago and somehow managed to rock this world.  Merry Christmas coastgabbers. 

Jesus Christ

Sadly missed Ian because my local C2C carrier decided to run shitty XMas music! I'm sure that would not happen if Snoory was on.

For those, like myself, that count themselves as Ian Punnett fans, you may want to consider following him on twitter. He is very good about replying to tweets.

punkinpie

Quote from: valdez on December 25, 2011, 04:35:52 AM

I thought wrapping his gifts on the air was just the right touch.  Dr. Judith Orloff on dreams, and Rick Collingwood on...something.  My thoughts wandered.  Mostly on the guy who born 2000 years ago and somehow managed to rock this world.  Merry Christmas coastgabbers. 

Jesus Christ

That's the kind of thing you do when you just don't give a shit anymore.  Why else would you do that?  I heard it today and couldn't help cracking up. 

fabucat

Quote from: stevesh on December 19, 2011, 02:15:58 PM
And let's not forget that after Reagan used the power of the presidency to obtain this miraculous potion, he contracted Alzheimer's and died. Seems an odd selling point.

Personally I blame Carnivora for the Iran-Contra Scandal.  Trust me, I know plenty of people who have NEVER taken Carnivora and have contracted Alzheimers.:)

fabucat

Quote from: FightTheFuture on December 26, 2011, 12:46:17 AM
For those, like myself, that count themselves as Ian Punnett fans, you may want to consider following him on twitter. He is very good about replying to tweets.

I really enjoyed Ian's show!  I'm definitely going to sub to his Tweets.

11angeleyes11

Off the record and on the board:  I predict that you, Ian, will make a full and complete recovery with you hearing issues.  You will return  to Coast in some capacity after the mailroom at Coast overflows into George's office.  He will be working during commercials answering your fanmail. 

Morgus

Ian has now started the annual two part New Year's Eve caller predictions for this year.
Amazingly one of the first predictions for last year he reviewed was spot on about the death of North Korea's leader and the succession to one of his sons.
That damn frequent longtime caller Bill the atheist/amateur astronomer from West Hartford, Conn. made it in as the first caller with a prediction for 2012.  As expected, Bill's prediction involved astronomy science and disproving religious beliefs.  :o

Morgus

Ian is getting more of the old annoying frequent callers tonight.
He just got old Will from Madison Wisconsin, and Ian had enough of him quickly and dumped him...  ;D

valdez

Quote from: 11angeleyes11 on December 31, 2011, 12:14:28 AM
Off the record and on the board:  I predict that you, Ian, will make a full and complete recovery with you hearing issues... 

You cant really screw up the "end of the year prediction shows," and that was a cool quote Ian read at the end, about the "hand of God," and I'm always amazed by these people that pop up every four years predicting that the "election will be cancelled."  You gotta be really paranoid to even entertain something like that.  And I felt sorry for the kid that was convinced that the "ATF or FBI" bombed the federal building in Oklahoma City.  That's what happens when kids walk around with nothing in their heads, letting it get filled with crap.  I'm with you, angeleyes, Ian gets cured in 2012.     

WOTR

Quote from: Morgus on December 31, 2011, 03:20:20 AM
Ian is getting more of the old annoying frequent callers tonight.
He just got old Will from Madison Wisconsin, and Ian had enough of him quickly and dumped him...  ;D
Was that who I just heard?  I love that Ian will place a caller on hold and school him on his rights and expectations then give the caller a short leash.  To hear Ian tell the caller that he is allowed to give hope to a caller and be positive and that while the caller is allowed to disagree he is not allowed to be upset that Ian has an opinion.  When Ian first did this to a caller I wasn't sure it was a good move; I was unsure if he would use it to silence some points of view.  Instead, he seems to just use it if people go to far or are too annoying and I find myself relieved in most cases.

Why can't other hosts take control of the show?  Why can't other hosts take control of their guest and callers and actually steer the show?  It seems that the others are content to let the callers spew whatever they want and allow them all the time in the world.

At a party, a good host knows who not to invite and who to throw out...

Lovely Bones

Quote from: WOTR on December 31, 2011, 05:31:56 AM
Was that who I just heard?  I love that Ian will place a caller on hold and school him on his rights and expectations then give the caller a short leash.  To hear Ian tell the caller that he is allowed to give hope to a caller and be positive and that while the caller is allowed to disagree he is not allowed to be upset that Ian has an opinion.  When Ian first did this to a caller I wasn't sure it was a good move; I was unsure if he would use it to silence some points of view.  Instead, he seems to just use it if people go to far or are too annoying and I find myself relieved in most cases.

Why can't other hosts take control of the show?  Why can't other hosts take control of their guest and callers and actually steer the show?  It seems that the others are content to let the callers spew whatever they want and allow them all the time in the world.

At a party, a good host knows who not to invite and who to throw out...

I've seen posts that make fun of Ian as some sort of dweeb.  Nerd, yes.  Geek, yes.  But the guy's got well-balanced talk show cajones when and where they count.

Of course, a pre-requisite is the intelligence and intuition to size up a caller and act accordingly.  People like Noory lack that basic skill, thus couldn't apply the cajones even if he had them. 

Lovely Bones

Am I the only one who caught the caller last night predicting that Art would return to C2C "in some capacity" in 2012?

Ian's reaction was interesting.  He'd just dealt with a prediction from last year about Ahmadinejad and Netanyahu reaching a peace accord.  He'd called that one a long shot. 

When he got the Art prediction, he said he doubted it, said Art was quite happy with where he was now and with what he was doing, said the prediction had as much chance of coming true as the one about Ahmadinejad and Netanyahu.

I got the feeling he'd been in contact with Art at some point.  Just my guess. 

stevesh

Quote from: WOTR on December 31, 2011, 05:31:56 AM

I think George Knapp does a good job of steering the show where the guests are concerned, but his only flaw as a host is that he doesn't often do the same with callers. If he listened to a few of Ian's Open Lines shows, and followed suit, he'd be pretty near Art Bell.

Quote from: Lovely Bones on December 31, 2011, 09:17:50 AM
... I got the feeling he'd been in contact with Art at some point.  Just my guess.

Or perhaps he's been in touch with some PremRat thug, giving him the company line.

The thing about Ian puttnig callers on hold and schooling them, taking control of the show, is too many times he's crossed a line with that.  Too many times he's used that tactic to stiffle views he didn't agree with, or even ideas he hadn't thought of himself and thus needed to shut down. 

Way too many times.  He'll put callers on hold, yammer about how they needed to 'take turns talking', when he was the one that had been interrupting and going nuts, bring them back, let them get about 3 words in, then hang up and say oh so sadly that all he wanted was to have a conversation.  He's done that a lot, and he sucks for doing it.   

He used to do stuff like that with a twinkle in his eye, part of some schtick.  After that Quayle interview, he really turned.  Maybe he's back to normal, I haven't listened to him in well over a year, but I don't think arguing and bullying the guests is part of the Predictions Show.

Ian was awesome last night. Especially the way he tried to pump up the guy down on his luck, and then handled that right-wing anti-semite fucktard who called in. My HOPE is that guy drives off a cliff.

Glad we have one more night at least......

Last night was good. Real good. Better than I expected it would be.

Morgus

Quote from: Lovely Bones on December 31, 2011, 09:17:50 AM
Am I the only one who caught the caller last night predicting that Art would return to C2C "in some capacity" in 2012?
that caller was obviously none other than the infamous "Fort Rock"  8)