• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Ian Punnett

Started by sillydog, April 06, 2008, 04:15:35 PM

What do you listen to when you can't take C2C anymore?

Nothing
Mainstream talk radio
Progressive talk radio
Music
TV
Podcasts

Silent

I listened to this past Saturday's show two nights ago and I don't think this announcement has anything to do with Ian leaving.  Somewhere either at the end or beginning of an hour he brought up this announcement and used the words fun and big.  Unless he's having a big going away party maybe.

I try to stay off the conspiracy wagon BUT the last several times Art came out of retirement Ian was the one to make the announcement, something he was particularly proud of.  I don't think that's what is going on here but I'll admit that was my first thought when he started touting this announcement.  Mainly because of the history involved.

Interesting and good to know. I haven't had the chance to listen on weekends for the past few months so I'm glad to hear it isn't an announcement about Wells taking over.

stevesh

Quote from: Silent on December 01, 2011, 06:49:53 AM
the last several times Art came out of retirement Ian was the one to make the announcement

Your lips to God's ear.

Maybe he's announcing George's entry into the Radio Hall of Fame.

He said "It'll be fun" last week.....so I assume it's nothing bad like he's leaving.

Considering his guest is about GPS tracking......I wouldn't be shocked if Ian is introducing his own personal GPS tracking app so you can know where he is at all times. Seriously, between that and his Twitter talk, guy is a total geek. But I like him.

Peto of Verum

To all forum viewers,

I have two different issues to address.

1st:  After joining, I have spent time looking over this website.  You all seem to have one thing in common. . .You do not like the present state of C2C.  Mostly, you all seem to hate the hosts and how they conduct the shows business.  I read this all the time, "Art Bell is the greatest ever. . . George sucks...  Ian sucks..."  Almost everyone on this site has something bad to say about C2C. (Not everyone. Most everyone.)

But despite that, it seems everyone keeps listening to the program.  Your days seem to be filled with how much you dislike the radio show and everything about it. You all pat yourselves on the back regarding how witty and insulting you can be.  Sorry, that side of the website I can live without.  I do not think it adds anything to my life. I do like open opinions and mindedness. (is that even a word, mindedness?  Sounds like something George would have said. You all seem to think he says the darnest things.)     

I will agree that Art Bell was good in his day.  But he has chosen to leave C2C and live the good life outside of the USA.  Why?  I have listened to many of his past programs and I do think he was a better host than George.  But come on people. . .lets move on.  Bell left the show years ago.  Art also had his own problems and quirks.  (Which were quite strange in themselves)   Far different from George's quirks.  All I am trying to say is all people are different. George will never be Art.  Art will never be Ian. . .That's it.  Lets get over it.

2nd: My last rant (it is tied to the first rant, in an abscure way). . .  I think many of you know this, but you need to hear it again.   
C2C is only a "product".  A product of money making, money loving con artist that will sell you anything.  They have George as the host because he will do anything they ask.  George is a "go along boy".
Art was not.

Most, (if not all) of these guests that are on the show are only selling their own crap and issues.  Crap and issues that they can then sell to the people that listen to the program.  Their crap & issues, (books & ideas) are all "widget's".  (widget: A self created item of minimal use.)
In marketing, the best way to sell something is to create, (make up) a demand for the product you want to sell.  Even if that demand was never there before.  All you have to do is make something up so that people will think they need it.   That type of capitalism has been going on far to long.  I love free enterprize.  I love new ideas.  I love the good ol'USA.  But, We the people are beginning to find it hard to believe anything we are told any more.   We are mislead into thinking the "crap & issues" we are told, should be important to us.  Only to find out later it was only important because someone has a new book to sell. 

One of the only reasons I listen to C2C, is because I find it fascinating that people will "buy" into just about anything they are told.  The entire program, from its commercials to many of it's guests,  are nothing but Money loving, Money grubbing twisters of the truth.  They will say and do anything to make money.  These lovers of money have turned the people of this country into mindless cattle.  I for one do not like what they have done.  You can still make money in this country by not lying to everyone.

I look forward to all of your responses.  I can't wait to read what everyone has to say.  Defend yourselves people.  I just slapped you into reality.

Peto of Verum

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Peto of Verum on December 02, 2011, 01:17:02 PM
To all forum viewers,

1st:  After joining, I have spent time looking over this website.  You all seem to have one thing in common. . .You do not like the present state of C2C.  Mostly, you all seem to hate the hosts and how they conduct the shows business.  I read this all the time, "Art Bell is the greatest ever. . . George sucks...  Ian sucks..."  Almost everyone on this site has something bad to say about C2C. (Not everyone. Most everyone.)

But despite that, it seems everyone keeps listening to the program.  Your days seem to be filled with how much you dislike the radio show and everything about it. You all pat yourselves on the back regarding how witty and insulting you can be.  Sorry, that side of the website I can live without.  I do not think it adds anything to my life. I do like open opinions and mindedness. (is that even a word, mindedness?  Sounds like something George would have said. You all seem to think he says the darnest things.)     

I will agree that Art Bell was good in his day.  But he has chosen to leave C2C and live the good life outside of the USA.  Why?  I have listened to many of his past programs and I do think he was a better host than George.  But come on people. . .lets move on.  Bell left the show years ago.  Art also had his own problems and quirks.  (Which were quite strange in themselves)   Far different from George's quirks.  All I am trying to say is all people are different. George will never be Art.  Art will never be Ian. . .That's it.  Lets get over it.

2nd: My last rant (it is tied to the first rant, in an abscure way). . .  I think many of you know this, but you need to hear it again.   
C2C is only a "product".  A product of money making, money loving con artist that will sell you anything.  They have George as the host because he will do anything they ask.  George is a "go along boy".
Art was not.

Most, (if not all) of these guests that are on the show are only selling their own crap and issues.  Crap and issues that they can then sell to the people that listen to the program.  Their crap & issues, (books & ideas) are all "widget's".  (widget: A self created item of minimal use.)
In marketing, the best way to sell something is to create, (make up) a demand for the product you want to sell.  Even if that demand was never there before.  All you have to do is make something up so that people will think they need it.   That type of capitalism has been going on far to long.  I love free enterprize.  I love new ideas.  I love the good ol'USA.  But, We the people are beginning to find it hard to believe anything we are told any more.   We are mislead into thinking the "crap & issues" we are told, should be important to us.  Only to find out later it was only important because someone has a new book to sell. 

One of the only reasons I listen to C2C, is because I find it fascinating that people will "buy" into just about anything they are told.  The entire program, from its commercials to many of it's guests,  are nothing but Money loving, Money grubbing twisters of the truth.  They will say and do anything to make money.  These lovers of money have turned the people of this country into mindless cattle.  I for one do not like what they have done.  You can still make money in this country by not lying to everyone.

I look forward to all of your responses.  I can't wait to read what everyone has to say.  Defend yourselves people.  I just slapped you into reality.

Peto of Verum

Why are you posting the same tripe in two different threads?

Morgus

Quote from: High Strangeness on December 02, 2011, 01:23:57 PM
Why are you posting the same tripe in two different threads?
now he has posted the same tirade in at least 4 separate threads.
isn't there a forum rule about excessive cross-posting?
thats a technique used by trolls to attempt to disrupt threads I've noticed, a coincidence?  8)

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Morgus on December 02, 2011, 01:46:47 PM
thats a technique used by trolls to attempt to disrupt threads I've noticed, a coincidence?  8)

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and suggest that he is a novice. 

... it seems everyone keeps listening to the program...

Not everyone. 

b_dubb

i only listen to the show during the weekend when noory does not host.  i realized a while back that practically all of noory's shows are straight up terrible

Silent

Almost everyone on this site has something bad to say about C2C. (Not everyone. Most everyone.)

But despite that, it seems everyone keeps listening to the program.  Your days seem to be filled with how much you dislike the radio show and everything about it. You all pat yourselves on the back regarding how witty and insulting you can be.  Sorry, that side of the website I can live without.  I do not think it adds anything to my life.

One of the only reasons I listen to C2C, is because I find it fascinating that people will "buy" into just about anything they are told.  The entire program, from its commercials to many of it's guests,  are nothing but Money loving, Money grubbing twisters of the truth.

WTF?  At least spread this across several posts to make it more challenging to connect the dots.

Gassy Man

To all forum viewers,

I have two different issues to address . . . I just slapped you into reality.

Well, here's a slap into reality:  If you were one of my students, you'd get a failing grade.  You've managed to blunder with several logical fallacies -- straw man, for instance -- under the guise of argument.

On the first point, you should take your own advice and move on if you can live without reading the criticism on this page.  People here do love C2C, and what those who criticize it lament is its decline. 

On your second point . . . well, I'm not entirely sure what your second point was about.

If it was about people selling things, there is an obvious line between marketing and hucksterism, and I don't believe everyone on C2C is "lying" entirely or even partially or even regularly simply to sell things to people. 

Once again, if you are troubled by this, why don't you take your own advice and switch to something else?  Ordinarily, I wouldn't advise that, but you offered this obvious solution.

Eddie Coyle

To all forum viewers,

Art was not.

Peto of Verum
Sputum, your unsolicited fustian prolix idiocy betrays the fact that you are a...lonely virgin.

Frys Girl

Quote from: Morgus on December 02, 2011, 01:46:47 PM
This guy Peto is a complete asshole. Not a semi-asshole, but 100%. Shout out to themudking!

heater

Quote from: Frys Girl on December 02, 2011, 06:31:32 PM
This guy Peto is a complete asshole. Not a semi-asshole, but 100%. Shout out to themudking!

Agreed 100% certified asshole!

b_dubb

you have way too much time on your hands if this is the reason you listen to c2cam

tmock00

Defend yourselves people.  I just slapped you into reality.

You joined what is the best C2C forum on the internet, which boasts some of the most knowledgeable, best informed critical thinkers on all things C2C, and this is the best you can do?

Really?

I'm embarrassed for you.

Morgus

Noory just reported on the upcoming holiday c2c schedule and mentioned Ian will be hosting the annual New Year's Eve show.
He may have just let the cat out of the bag in regards to Ian's announcement tomorrow...  8)

Morgus I was thinking the same thing

Lovely Bones

Quote from: Morgus on December 03, 2011, 03:10:07 AM

He may have just let the cat out of the bag in regards to Ian's announcement tomorrow...  8)

If that's Ian's announcement, fie on Snoory for being a spoiler.  I bet he told his siblings what they were getting for Christmas. 

heater

Good news, Ian has allowed me to give an early spoiler alert to everyone at CoastGab that spend time in his favorite thread C2C Hosts > Ian Punnett!

Starting now you can use this special vanity URL to browse your favorite website: http://www.ianpunnettsucks.com  Ian did some research on this and as it turns out his mentor and weekend boss George Snoory saw a significant increase in his Q-rating after the GNS URL was created...oh whats that Ian? what else were you wanting to tell your fans? You're a deacon?...yeah they know...what else?  The topic tonight was demon squirrels and where they hide their cojones?  No...ok, oh...Ian wants you to know he has filed his application to be a guest on Dancing with the Stars!

/End IanTalk

Frys Girl

Quote from: themudking on December 03, 2011, 09:56:14 AM
Good news, Ian has allowed me to give an early spoiler alert to everyone at CoastGab that spend time in his favorite thread C2C Hosts > Ian Punnett!

Starting now you can use this special vanity URL to browse your favorite website: http://www.ianpunnettsucks.com  Ian did some research on this and as it turns out his mentor and weekend boss George Snoory saw a significant increase in his Q-rating after the GNS URL was created...oh whats that Ian? what else were you wanting to tell your fans? You're a deacon?...yeah they know...what else?  The topic tonight was demon squirrels and where they hide their cojones?  No...ok, oh...Ian wants you to know he has filed his application to be a guest on Dancing with the Stars!

/End IanTalk

First of all, you registered that domain name! Bravo!

2nd of all, that that photo of Ian is awful. It looks cheesy and the graphics are making it more flaming than it already was. Is myTalk a station for divalicious moms?

heater

Frys Girl, the station's target market is women.  Seems perfect for Ian.

Check this out: http://www.mspmag.com/features/features/174758.asp

Frys Girl

I feel bad saying this because I like Ian as a host, but the only word I can use to describe him is neutered. He has no edge to him, unless you mention Dan Brown. Then he grows a pair and goes on defending the Church. Great, but that all ya got in ya?

Anyway, I'd probably buy tampons if Ian was advertising them. He's that comforting.

The General

Quote from: Frys Girl on December 03, 2011, 03:14:39 PM
Anyway, I'd probably buy tampons if Ian was advertising them. He's that comforting.