• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Ian Punnett

Started by sillydog, April 06, 2008, 04:15:35 PM

What do you listen to when you can't take C2C anymore?

Nothing
Mainstream talk radio
Progressive talk radio
Music
TV
Podcasts

EvB

QuoteI think I might rediscover reading and just turn the damn radio off.

Please not to kick me off the site for saying this.

I'd read if I wasn't half blind after work (web development and info design) and school (read, read, read . . .)

And it's pretty damned hard to get kicked off this site!

Centurion73

Quote from: Frys Girl on May 18, 2009, 04:50:05 PM
Answer: YES! I have found pics of him getting what appears to be BOTOX injections. Wow!

Yeah I thought I posted them and his hair transplant operation as well and he is proud as hell of all this vanity I thought that was a sin to be vain but I am not perfect either but his legions love the Kool Aid.

Centurion73

Quote from: nika01 on May 18, 2009, 06:09:14 PM
I used to like Ian, however he has turned into an asshole.

Frankly, I would rather listen to Noory. He is too stupid to be arrogant, and he is rarely rude.

I think I might rediscover reading and just turn the damn radio off.

Do not worry about that the people here are very different and mostly sane (present company excluded) we have great debates and at times they get heated but if you can back up your argument sanely you will have no issues. I have pissed off everyone on this board at one time or another and even had one leave because of it (the truth set her free) and you know what. Even though I piss them off or have, they all have treated me very well the next day or two after we all calmed down. This is a good group of people and MV allows you to say what needs to be said and let the chips fall where they may.

EvB

QuoteI have pissed off everyone on this board at one time or another and even had one leave because of it (the truth set her free)

Oh good lord - who did you chase away?!    ;:)

Frys Girl

Quote from: nika01 on May 18, 2009, 06:09:14 PM
I used to like Ian, however he has turned into an asshole.

Frankly, I would rather listen to Noory. He is too stupid to be arrogant, and he is rarely rude.

I think I might rediscover reading and just turn the damn radio off.

I don't see ANY shame in that. I would also rather listen to Snooron. 

Centurion73

Quote from: EvB on May 19, 2009, 12:42:23 AM
Oh good lord - who did you chase away?!    ;:)

I think I may have been one reason puddinasshole left, she sent MV that public notice saying his mother would be ashamed of him and he had nothing to do with it. She even wrote some unkind, untruths about you as well if I remember right. Then she said some shit about me and I used her own words against her and she left.

Frys Girl

I saw a movie on Turner Movie Classics and the character said the puddintame joke and I thought of her. LOL. I think it was "it's a mad mad mad world".

EvB

Quote from: Centurion73 on May 19, 2009, 12:35:49 PM
I think I may have been one reason puddinasshole left, she sent MV that public notice saying his mother would be ashamed of him and he had nothing to do with it. She even wrote some unkind, untruths about you as well if I remember right. Then she said some shit about me and I used her own words against her and she left.

Puddin' was - effectively anyway - a troll with questionable mental health. Her exit was bound to happen sooner or later.   As for me - I wasn't sorry; she was a royal pain in the tail!

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: EvB on May 19, 2009, 02:13:53 PM
Puddin' was - effectively anyway - a troll with questionable mental health. Her exit was bound to happen sooner or later.   As for me - I wasn't sorry; she was a royal pain in the tail!
ev...you described puddintard quite accurately at the time she left by saying the following to her:
"Your posts are deliberately cryptic, and when asked for clarification, you respond by being condescending."

you completely encapsulated in plain words what my unconscious was telling me about her.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: slipstream on May 01, 2009, 06:25:59 PM
  Just a few weeks ago on an episode of Art Bell: Somewhere in Time, Art started talking about abortion law.
heh, yeah, you're right.  i recall having heard that on the stream.

Centurion73

Interesting how Art and Knapp have tech difficulties while the other two tards with the  organic brain difficulties do not seem to ever get hit by said problems? 

Quote from: Centurion73 on May 22, 2009, 09:55:35 PM
Interesting how Art and Knapp have tech difficulties while the other two tards with the  organic brain difficulties do not seem to ever get hit by said problems? 

That's because they have God & Angels on their side.

Borr

I like Ian. I think he's smart and asks probing questions and doesn't crap from guests or callers when they're shoveling it out by the pallet load. I don't even have a problem with his religion (which saying a lot, coming from a dirty apostate like myself), because he only brings it up in context and is actually cerebral about his faith. I'm from Kentucky, land of fire breathing Fundamentalists and Pentecostals, so maybe I have a higher tolerance. I have definately never heard Ian thump the Bible at somebody or try to proselytize on air.

Unlike George Noory, who likes to sell himself as an enlightened spirtualist, but comes off as just another apocalypse fixated God-botherer. Man, it irks me to no end when he randomly asks a guests "are you spiritual?"

EvB

QuoteI like Ian. I think he's smart and asks probing questions and doesn't crap from guests or callers when they're shoveling it out by the pallet load.

Reviews here on Ian are mixed. I'm a fan.  Some are not.  Many (most?) are so-so or indifferent.

You won't get any argument from me re: your quote above. In fact, I'm a very vocal defender of most (public) things Punnett.

I mention public becuase I think that in the past, by mentioning issue of background and education Ian and I have in common (which I know from his blog and some emails I can count on one hand over a three year span) And having mentioned once or twice a thing or two he said to me in those emails - I may have inadvertently given the impression I actually know the man.  I don't - any more than any active fan of someone who is not so much of a "star" they can't answer the occasional direct address "knows" the person they are a fan of.  Not becuase I know any "dirt" on him - or in fact anything anyone who follows his broadcasts and writing would not also know.

Just wanted to be clear on that. 

Borr

I dig what you're saying, EvB. I lurked for a few days and read older posts before joining up, so I realized that you had an 'email-only' correspondence with Ian. I'd email him myself, but I am lazy and uninspired.

I just really can't get over the whole "Ian's a bible thumping god-botherer" opinion I've seen. Listen, I'm an agnostic (and very much atheist concerning the Christian god) and Ian doesn't trip any of my anger switches. I actually find his professed faith rather refreshing in that he's firm about it but not pushy. I wouldn't mind having him as a neighbor and I've had some crazy-ass superstitious evangelical neighbors. Mostly, I like Ian because he's educated and insightful and asks good questions. He's also just this side of skeptic which I think is very healthy for C2C.

Also, he likes comic books, so he can't be all that bad.

EvB

QuoteI just really can't get over the whole "Ian's a bible thumping god-botherer" opinion I've seen

Well THANK GAWD someone sees it my way  ;)

Except for the fact that I do consider myself Christian - more or less of Ian's stripe as far as I can tell - though less observant these days - your post could have been straight from my own mouth.

Centurion73

Borr

I severely doubt Ian would ever be caught praying to a cardboard stand-up of Dubya.

Centurion73

Quote from: Borr on May 30, 2009, 06:23:34 PM
I severely doubt Ian would ever be caught praying to a cardboard stand-up of Dubya.

No, Ian would be in the position of kneeling  ;D.

EvB

Borr- we are fond of our Centurion - but he has a serious bug up his ass when it comes to any and everything Punnett.  Somehow - this bug in his ass has seriously clouded his judgment.  Just remember - when Centurion talks about "Ian Punnett" or any term that refernces him - he's REALLY talking to that bug in his ass.   

Know how they say some people can't see the forest for the trees?  Well, Centurion can't see the Deacon for the Ass-Bug.

Remeber - I WARNED YOU.  He's like a starving dog with a bone on this topic. 

Dear Cent:  Howyadoin' ?  :-*

Borr

oh, no, EvB, like I said I lurked for a few days and read posts before joining. I realize that Centurian's main schtick is running down Punnet.

Is your 'dog with a bone' statement a reference to Centurian's Freudian disposition to associate Ian Punnet with fellatio? He puts a lot of thought...and maybe watercolor work...into it.

EvB

QuoteIs your 'dog with a bone' statement a reference to Centurian's Freudian disposition to associate Ian Punnet with fellatio? He puts a lot of thought...and maybe watercolor work...into it.

Haha!

Well, I wouldn't go THAT far - like I said, we ARE fond of him - or perhaps I should say I am.  Don't want speak for everyone.

Centurion73

QuoteOkay guys - here are the rules for this thread - consider them a limited addendum to the TOS:

If what you have to say is intended to derail this thread - or to spin it in a negative direction (in MY judgment)

It was John Emerich Edward Dalberg-Acton (Lord Acton) who originally wrote "Power tends to corrupt,..."

Interesting use of power will this power be applied to other threads and can a member dictate how they would like the threads they start to be used for discussion or is that for mod/members only?
;D

Centurion73

I give the "Dipsy Decon" his kudo's when he deserves them or I have a few times anyway. I would propose under the new addendum added TOS that all pro-Punnett post please be removed from this thread, thank you  ;D

QuoteOkay guys - here are the rules for this thread - consider them a limited addendum to the TOS:

This is to talk about what we [do not] LIKE about Ian and his work.

:-*

"Dear Cent:  Howyadoin' ?" Thanks for asking, I will mail you fill you in on a few things.

Centurion73

Was only a question, sorry :'(.

Just did my usual, annoyed sprint to the off button.

How's that?

That guy is so condescending I can't take it.

Centurion73

Quote from: The Coincidence Kid on May 30, 2009, 11:36:21 PM
Just did my usual, annoyed sprint to the off button.

How's that?

That guy is so condescending I can't take it.

Were you banished and shunned from the "I'm taking my ball and going home" thread too?

EvB

THIS is where I intended your post to show up Centurion - have at it - have a blast.

I had some more colorful replies for you - you may have seen them.  But, i decided that just becuase you wanted to be a flaming ass - i didn't have to join you.

MV/Liberace!

centurion... i went ahead and made your thread sticky along with ev's just for aesthetics and geometrical balance.