Author Topic: Dave Darin Rocks YouTube!  (Read 3484 times)

Dave Darin Rocks YouTube!
« Reply #60 on: August 30, 2019, 07:00:37 PM »

Hhhhmmmm.  I'm up to cancer chat now.  I think you were right to not recommend it.   ;D

Oh now you must persevere!  After an interminable discourse on modern medicine from an absolutely unqualified amateur (but doubtless frequent patient) you get to hear her say, distinctly, "fee-ish" for fish.

« Reply #61 on: August 30, 2019, 07:03:51 PM »
Oh now you must persevere!  After an interminable discourse on modern medicine from an absolutely unqualified amateur (but doubtless frequent patient) you get to hear her say, distinctly, "fee-ish" for fish.

I'm hanging in there but typically if I am going to listen to cancer babble, I'm going with Doc Antonella Carpenter.  She was a piece of work until the Feds threw her in the pokey.

« Reply #62 on: August 30, 2019, 07:08:56 PM »
Ha!  I'm there.  Rolled from Faw-ish to the Faux Groyper.

« Reply #63 on: August 30, 2019, 07:09:39 PM »
Faux Groyper seems to be from Georgia maybe?

« Reply #64 on: August 30, 2019, 07:15:00 PM »
I'm hanging in there but typically if I am going to listen to cancer babble, I'm going with Doc Antonella Carpenter.  She was a piece of work until the Feds threw her in the pokey.

Good lord how the judge didn't look at those rosy cheeks and tangerine nimbus of hair and sentence her to welcome newly liberated souls at the pearly gates like the angel she must be boggles the mind.

« Reply #65 on: August 30, 2019, 07:22:05 PM »
Faux Groyper seems to be from Georgia maybe?

That's what I was thinking, too, but so does my brother.  He was always a chameleon and, working in construction, picked up what I have provisionally named "General White Working Class" pronunciation where you'd think he was from south of the M-D and, in tone, a nasal bray that reminds me a little of Cheffy.

This phenomenon hasn't received nearly enough attention from professional linguists.

« Reply #66 on: August 30, 2019, 07:24:35 PM »
Good lord how the judge didn't look at those rosy cheeks and tangerine nimbus of hair and sentence her to welcome newly liberated souls at the pearly gates like the angel she must be boggles the mind.

She is a real sweet heart.  Here she attacked some poor bastard after his wife passed. 

« Reply #67 on: August 30, 2019, 07:31:16 PM »
Cancer babble with "Dr. Antonella.. jeez.  Just fucking shoot me.

Dave Darin Rocks YouTube! with rock star Richard Groyper
« Reply #68 on: August 30, 2019, 07:32:00 PM »
OK guys. Right off the remix. My interview with Richard Groyper, complete with the video that FaceBook screwed up now corrected on YouTube:

THAT is a beautiful thing!  Welcome to BellGab Dave! 

Please Post OFTEN!

PRAISE MV!

« Reply #69 on: August 30, 2019, 07:33:45 PM »
That's what I was thinking, too, but so does my brother.  He was always a chameleon and, working in construction, picked up what I have provisionally named "General White Working Class" pronunciation where you'd think he was from south of the M-D and, in tone, a nasal bray that reminds me a little of Cheffy.

This phenomenon hasn't received nearly enough attention from professional linguists.

US/Canadian dialects interest me a great deal but I'm ignorant really.  I just know that this online test rather nailed me.

« Reply #70 on: August 30, 2019, 07:34:35 PM »
Cancer babble with "Dr. Antonella.. jeez.  Just fucking shoot me.

Before Dietrich, I had Doc Antonella

https://doginthematrix.wordpress.com/2012/05/29/welcome-back-my-friends-to-the-show-that-never-ends/

« Reply #71 on: August 30, 2019, 07:40:44 PM »

Though the CB phenomena is, I guess, pretty much gone I wonder if any professional linguists covered "trucker dialect?" It would seem no matter the state, usually, they all sounded had the same accent and, of course, their own lingo.  Decades after the true CB days (mid 90s) I plugged my old CB in for a road trip in no cell phone, no AM/FM area (at the time) and the traffic I caught from truckers still sounded the same!

« Reply #72 on: August 30, 2019, 07:45:20 PM »
Though the CB phenomena is, I guess, pretty much gone I wonder if any professional linguists covered "trucker dialect?" It would seem no matter the state, usually, they all sounded had the same accent and, of course, their own lingo.  Decades after the true CB days (mid 90s) I plugged my old CB in for a road trip in no cell phone, no AM/FM area (at the time) and the traffic I caught from truckers still sounded the same!

Excellent example!  Yet, when you look at a dialect map of the West, it's one trackless desert.

Proposition:  We do have our dialects, but they are cultural and occupational rather than geographic.  The dissertation fairly writes itself!

« Reply #73 on: August 30, 2019, 07:46:14 PM »
CB Radio is still widely used.  I would have to take a "crash course" before using it again..but it's damn cheaper than HAM!  Pretty sure the "language"  has not changed...but digital units and antennae have.

***DAVE DARIN TALKED TO BELLGAB BRIG*** In Case You Missed It.
« Reply #74 on: August 30, 2019, 09:28:42 PM »
https://vocaroo.com/i/s0stC0XGFNg4

Dave Darin and I talk about "Do Aliens Believe in God".

« Reply #75 on: August 30, 2019, 09:49:02 PM »
"...don't talk about God...  but we're gonna talk about God."  -  Dave Darin

« Reply #76 on: August 30, 2019, 10:04:34 PM »
https://vocaroo.com/i/s0stC0XGFNg4

Dave Darin and I talk about "Do Aliens Believe in God".

im listening right now.

« Reply #77 on: August 30, 2019, 10:09:42 PM »
there have been many hecklers so far lulz

« Reply #78 on: August 30, 2019, 10:13:12 PM »
Dave DEMANDS that /our brig/ calls in. amazin.

« Reply #79 on: August 30, 2019, 10:17:09 PM »
Dave DEMANDS that /our brig/ calls in. amazin.

Well, it took me a while.  I rarely if ever call into shows, but Dave talked me into it.

Praise MV!

« Reply #80 on: August 30, 2019, 10:20:58 PM »
Well, it took me a while.  I rarely if ever call into shows, but Dave talked me into it.

Praise MV!

Did you talk about your foot?

« Reply #81 on: August 30, 2019, 10:21:32 PM »

Praise MV!

i didn't care for his forceful tone, but im glad he wanted you and ONLY you.

« Reply #82 on: August 30, 2019, 10:23:47 PM »
Dave thinks there is a group effort to heckle him.

« Reply #83 on: August 30, 2019, 10:24:44 PM »
Dave thinks there is a group effort to heckle him.

With at least one woman, so it must be facebook.

« Reply #84 on: August 30, 2019, 10:25:19 PM »
With at least one woman, so it must be facebook.

well, Facebook is cancer...

« Reply #85 on: August 30, 2019, 10:26:10 PM »
Dave just said "penis" & "vagina".

« Reply #86 on: August 30, 2019, 10:29:31 PM »
Did you talk about your foot?

No,  I guess I'm one of the few with no interest in foots.

« Reply #87 on: August 30, 2019, 10:30:00 PM »
So it is all about sex:  the snake in the garden is a metaphor for Adam's penis and the apple is Eve's vagina.  So the penis talked Eve into eating her own jelly roll?

These promising theories always fail the simplest analysis.

« Reply #88 on: August 30, 2019, 10:32:40 PM »
I have listened to three of these Dave Darin shows and the penis trolls are ranch as fuck i just cant do it fam.

« Reply #89 on: August 30, 2019, 10:33:38 PM »
I have listened to three of these Dave Darin shows and the penis trolls are ranch as fuck i just cant do it fam.

"PENIS PENIS PENIS"