Author Topic: Dave Darin Rocks YouTube!  (Read 6110 times)

Dave Darin Rocks *HeatherWadeCommentary***
« Reply #180 on: September 01, 2019, 10:25:24 AM »
I enjoy pouring salt on slugs. Watching those bastards twisting about in their last moments really puts a spring in my step.

Well they pose a legitimate threat to your larder so salt away as far as I am concerned.  Please tell me you eat your courgettes when they are young and tender and don't try to grow them to state-fair size where nobody wants to eat them because they are so woody and you generally make a nuisance of yourself belaboring your friends with them.

« Reply #181 on: September 01, 2019, 10:28:02 AM »
Well I guess you are no AJ Foyt then.  Neither am I guess.  Came across a Copperhead in the yard yesterday.   A younger me would have chopped the vile serpent in half with a shovel but as it was in an area where Mrs. Walks never goes I just left it be.

Yes it is just doing its job, ridding your yard of vermin.  When I catch a giant spider near the drain I just wish it good day, for the same reason.

« Reply #182 on: September 01, 2019, 10:29:34 AM »
I enjoy pouring salt on slugs. Watching those bastards twisting about in their last moments really puts a spring in my step.

Well we all have our own problems.

For better or worse, I only attend church at Christmas, Easter and on Reformation Sunday which is not that far off.  Maybe I should go out and capture that Copperhead.  Whip that sucker out down at the Lutheran church on Reformation Sunday in honor of our good friend, Big Chicken.   

« Reply #183 on: September 01, 2019, 10:34:05 AM »
Yes it is just doing its job, ridding your yard of vermin.  When I catch a giant spider near the drain I just wish it good day, for the same reason.

Giant spider?  In your house?   What the hell is it eating to get so damn Giant?

Reach out to Gunner66
« Reply #184 on: September 01, 2019, 10:37:21 AM »
Who knows how to reach Gunner66. This douche made a lot of comments about my show. I want this guy on my Sunday show 7pm Pacific/10pm Easter. I dislike losers who think they know radio without having done it. You want a lesson, you get taught tomorrow. Show is LIVE on FaceBook on my page "dave darin we talk it all, no limits". Call in to my show 609-467-4000 and I'll school you!!!!

Dave, im on hold right now.

« Reply #185 on: September 01, 2019, 10:37:57 AM »
Giant spider?  In your house?   What the hell is eating to get so damn Giant?

My thoughts, exactly.  Little pests like silverfish and carpet beetles, I suppose, which I never see - I'd rather see Mr. Spider looking for a drink to wash down his dinner.

I have a small fortune in woolens, too, so I hope he spends some time in the closet stalking clothes moths or their larvae.

« Reply #186 on: September 01, 2019, 10:44:22 AM »
My thoughts, exactly.  Little pests like silverfish and carpet beetles, I suppose, which I never see - I'd rather see Mr. Spider looking for a drink to wash down his dinner.

I have a small fortune in woolens, too, so I hope he spends some time in the closet stalking clothes moths or their larvae.

Well it can gobble up all the silverfish it wants.  Hate them things.

« Reply #187 on: September 01, 2019, 10:48:21 AM »
Well they pose a legitimate threat to your larder so salt away as far as I am concerned.  Please tell me you eat your courgettes when they are young and tender and don't try to grow them to state-fair size where nobody wants to eat them because they are so woody and you generally make a nuisance of yourself belaboring your friends with them.

Have you never tried a stuffed marrow? Extra points for calling them courgettes rather than that filthy foreign word. I shall try and refrain from criticising your lack of muscle tone for the rest of the day.

« Reply #188 on: September 01, 2019, 10:49:50 AM »
Well we all have our own problems.

For better or worse, I only attend church at Christmas, Easter and on Reformation Sunday which is not that far off.  Maybe I should go out and capture that Copperhead.  Whip that sucker out down at the Lutheran church on Reformation Sunday in honor of our good friend, Big Chicken.

Have you never seen Saving Private Ryan? Your misguided act of mercy might come back to literally bite you on the arse.

« Reply #189 on: September 01, 2019, 10:55:01 AM »
Have you never tried a stuffed marrow? Extra points for calling them courgettes rather than that filthy foreign word. I shall try and refrain from criticising your lack of muscle tone for the rest of the day.

I have not; it sounds delicious!  Though how much of that is due to the zucchino itself (this is why I have problems with those Italian words -- are they plural or not?) is debatable.

I like stir-frying the small ones Thai style with fish sauce and thick dark sweet soy sauce and chilies and a big handful of purple basil thrown in at the end.  They use a type of eggplant, but little zucchini work just as well.

« Reply #190 on: September 01, 2019, 11:02:39 AM »
Have you never seen Saving Private Ryan? Your misguided act of mercy might come back to literally bite you on the arse.

It might at that...but not today. Dropped the kid off at the airport early this morning for return to college.  Now Mrs. Walks and I are going to take a drive down to Pinehurst and get some lunch.  Have fun boys.

You can ponder this, if the vermin or mediocre vegetable talk winds down:

https://www.reddit.com/r/conspiracy/comments/cy8se4/so_who_is_that_on_epsteins_island_yesterday/

« Reply #191 on: September 01, 2019, 11:15:23 AM »
...mediocre vegetable talk...

You are within your rights to ditch us for Mrs. Walks's sparkling conversation but your Parthian snub is noted.

Dave Darin Rocks YouTube!
« Reply #192 on: September 01, 2019, 11:26:35 AM »
Gunner call in tonight.

« Reply #193 on: September 01, 2019, 11:36:45 AM »
You are within your rights to ditch us for Mrs. Walks's sparkling conversation but your Parthian snub is noted.

He enjoys doing that. It smacks of 'so long, losers'. He needs to be pantsed in the locker room forthwith. I'll let you take care of that.

« Reply #194 on: September 01, 2019, 11:57:08 AM »
He enjoys doing that. It smacks of 'so long, losers'. He needs to be pantsed in the locker room forthwith. I'll let you take care of that.

I am thinking a wedgie-pantsing, up and down, quick snap of the wrist.

« Reply #195 on: September 01, 2019, 12:43:36 PM »

I don't understand this. Eventhough salt may make them more palatable, they still don't belong raw on your dinner plate. It took the mucous encased delecacy 8 years to kill Sam- but rat lungworm did it's dirty work.

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/health-problems/sydney-man-who-contracted-rat-lungworm-after-eating-slug-dies/news-story/08b0e700a8d6d6c6709d2dd92dfeaa8f

I'm really only passing this knowledge on as I'm hoping that you are baking them to kill the dangerous parasites before salting and to inform you that the recipe probably belongs more in the bakegab thread than Dave Darin's thread.

« Reply #196 on: September 01, 2019, 12:45:09 PM »
I saw a giant centipede meandering across my floor awhile back and thought the same thing. May it live to eat a thousand insects.

Of course you do... No shocking revelations today.  ;)

« Reply #197 on: September 01, 2019, 01:04:19 PM »
Gunner call in tonight.

Call IN Gunner!! 

#MakeItHappen!

« Reply #198 on: September 01, 2019, 01:05:23 PM »
OK you win Darin I facebooked myself.  I am so ashamed.

Dave Darin Rocks YouTube! with rock star Richard Groyper
« Reply #199 on: September 01, 2019, 01:35:03 PM »
OK guys. Right off the remix. My interview with Richard Groyper, complete with the video that FaceBook screwed up now corrected on YouTube:

Seems like a good interview. I'm (cautiously) optimistic that there is a show with an intelligent host who manages to do an interesting show... I just wish that the language were cleaner. And that it were more racially diverse and accepting of people of other ages, genders and pet owners.  :'(

Mr. Groyper didnu nuffin.

« Reply #200 on: September 01, 2019, 02:11:15 PM »
OK guys. Right off the remix. My interview with Richard Groyper, complete with the video that FaceBook screwed up now corrected on YouTube:
Re: Troll comments.

Trolls are necessary. Yes there are the boring ones with the same old shtick or who are limited to simple insults. However, when done correctly it can help people to be shaken up and have to think and be directly challenged. It keeps the cat ladies on their toes.

I'm not about to write an internet thesis- but some degree of trolling is necessary (and lots of what is considered trolling is simply arguing or disagreeing.)

I recall somebody here saying that I "gaslight"as a form of trolling. I couldn't be offended. "gaslightling" on the internet seems like a good thing. (Wikipedia) " a person seeks to sow seeds of doubt in a targeted individual or in members of a targeted group, making them question their own memory, perception, and sanity. Using persistent denial, misdirection, contradiction, and lying, gaslighting involves attempts to destabilize the victim and delegitimize the victim's belief

Not something that I would usually do in my real life. But Causing people to question their perceptions and beliefs on the internet? Sounds like a good thing. Either the person can look at the other side of the issue, or they are forced to think critically why they hold their belief, evaluate the reasons, and defend them... Either of which is a good thing.

Anyhow, good show, gentlemen.

Reach out to Gunner66
« Reply #201 on: September 01, 2019, 02:14:02 PM »
Who knows how to reach Gunner66. This douche made a lot of comments about my show. I want this guy on my Sunday show 7pm Pacific/10pm Easter. I dislike losers who think they know radio without having done it. You want a lesson, you get taught tomorrow. Show is LIVE on FaceBook on my page "dave darin we talk it all, no limits". Call in to my show 609-467-4000 and I'll school you!!!!

Hi Dave.  First let me say that I realize it's not your responsibility to make sure I get notified about all your shows.  I do not get notifications about ANY of your shows because I am not a person that spends any time on FB.  I don't even have FB on my phone for getting FB Notifications, nor do I have any interest in putting FB on my phone at any time in the future.  I check FB on my computer for notifications, at most, a couple times a day.  I missed your show yesterday, and I miss almost all of your daytime shows live because I do not get FaceBook notifications.  I am listening to your show from yesterday, right now, because I just checked my FB notifications in my browser on my computer.  I was hoping you had uploaded the show to YouTube after you were finished, so that I could post it here, and other BellGabbers who are not FB fans could see it as well, and post commentary here about your shows,  but alas you did not.  I did notice that you did get 68 views of your Richard Groyper YouTube upload, so I was hoping you would do that with your other shows as well.

Your decision about your YouTube is your own, and I respect that.  It is just my intention to explain to you why I do not attend your daytime shows.  I would attend your daytime shows, if I was a FB person, and had the FB app everywhere to make sure I get notifications,  but alas, I am not, I am a BellGabber.

It's really nice to see you at BellGab, and I want you to know that I don't expect you to change your preference for FB, in order to accommodate my ability to get notifications about when your shows are going live.

« Reply #202 on: September 01, 2019, 02:33:20 PM »
i believe Dave will see the light and move his show exclusively to YouTube. i could be wrong.

« Reply #203 on: September 01, 2019, 02:42:22 PM »
i believe Dave will see the light and move his show exclusively to YouTube. i could be wrong.

Maybe he is happy with his cat lady audience and wants to stay on facebook with the boomers that dont know facebook is over.

« Reply #204 on: September 01, 2019, 02:42:42 PM »

Fawk he better not now that I already zucked myself.  Now I can't find his little bell to ring.

« Reply #205 on: September 01, 2019, 03:00:15 PM »
Fawk he better not now that I already zucked myself.  Now I can't find his little bell to ring.

#MeToo
Don't feel bad K_Dubb, we can always Un-Zuck ourselves if Dave ever changes his mind.

« Reply #206 on: September 01, 2019, 03:03:29 PM »
Maybe he is happy with his cat lady audience and wants to stay on facebook with the boomers that dont know facebook is over.

he hates Facebook, but i think he his apprehensive about abandoning his FB following. i get that. however, i think if he moved to YT and stuck with it, his YT following would eclipse his FB following in short order.

« Reply #207 on: September 01, 2019, 03:04:27 PM »

Lmao FB has already sold all of your private info fam.

« Reply #208 on: September 01, 2019, 03:06:34 PM »
Re: Troll comments.

Trolls are necessary. Yes there are the boring ones with the same old shtick or who are limited to simple insults. However, when done correctly it can help people to be shaken up and have to think and be directly challenged. It keeps the cat ladies on their toes.

I'm not about to write an internet thesis- but some degree of trolling is necessary (and lots of what is considered trolling is simply arguing or disagreeing.)

I recall somebody here saying that I "gaslight"as a form of trolling. I couldn't be offended. "gaslightling" on the internet seems like a good thing. (Wikipedia) " a person seeks to sow seeds of doubt in a targeted individual or in members of a targeted group, making them question their own memory, perception, and sanity. Using persistent denial, misdirection, contradiction, and lying, gaslighting involves attempts to destabilize the victim and delegitimize the victim's belief

Not something that I would usually do in my real life. But Causing people to question their perceptions and beliefs on the internet? Sounds like a good thing. Either the person can look at the other side of the issue, or they are forced to think critically why they hold their belief, evaluate the reasons, and defend them... Either of which is a good thing.

Anyhow, good show, gentlemen.

i like this post.

« Reply #209 on: September 01, 2019, 03:06:43 PM »
Seems like a good interview. I'm (cautiously) optimistic that there is a show with an intelligent host who manages to do an interesting show... I just wish that the language were cleaner. And that it were more racially diverse and accepting of people of other ages, genders and pet owners.  :'(

Mr. Groyper didnu nuffin.

Not only that, but methinks Dave deserves to have these posted in his thread, just because.

* BellGab.gif (855.17 kB)

* fQ4j3YW.gif (4711.78 kB)