• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Bakegab: The Bellgab Bakeshop

Started by Roswells, Art, May 06, 2019, 02:53:36 PM

albrecht

Quote from: DanTSX on October 08, 2019, 08:47:42 PM
I just add it to my báhn mi
To those who say "globalism" is bad, as I, admitted do at times, I present: bagn mi sammiches and strippers of Asian/White mix. Granted these are anomalies, But when happens! Wow. No more food truck or stripmall, pun intended, for you.. Or, as Art claimed (I think) rescues missions.

DanTSX

Quote from: albrecht on October 08, 2019, 09:42:54 PM
To those who say "globalism" is bad, as I, admitted do at times, I present: bagn mi sammiches and strippers of Asian/White mix. Granted these are anomalies, But when happens! Wow. No more food truck or stripmall, pun intended, for you.. Or, as Art claimed (I think) rescues missions.

Vietnamese Americans are based bro.

albrecht

Quote from: DanTSX on October 08, 2019, 09:49:21 PM
Vietnamese Americans are based bro.
100X .  Even/despite some "issues" back in the day down on coast here. They KNOW commies and what happens. And make great sammiches and shrimp like a sunabitch.

pate

My sister and I have just hatched an insane plan to potentially ruin Thanksgiving.

I am usually the one responsible for the sweet potatoes since I am pretty much the only one who actually likes sweet potatoes.

When my mom sent out the invite via group text today, I asked if I needed to bring anything.  My sister then challenged me via a direct text (that only me and her see) to make "Sweet Potato Souffle."

I said sure, but that is something you have to make at service time, in individual servings and it could prove to be a bit dramatic and hectic to try right before everyone sits down and food is about to be served.  I told her that I would do it, but she has to help.

SO now after much back and forthing via text we have settled on a "Sweet Potato Souffle garnished with Toasted Marshmallow gastrique, Candied Pecans and a sprig of fresh Sage."

She will be in charge of developing the gastrique & pecans.  I will prototype the soufflé.

I recommended toasted marshmallows (she says she is going to actually make marshmallows!), apple cider vinegar, brown sugar and quatre-epices for the gastrique.

If we manage to pull this off it will be epic.  Mom hates sage, we all hate marshmallows in sweet potatoes, one brother won't eat eggs and the other will just be pissed off at the entire shenanigans (if he even shows up for the 'givings, he frequently skips).  Haha!  Epic, I say.

-p

pate

NOw to up the ante, since my sister is a flaming-liberal communist I have proposed that we call this culinary masterpiece "Orange Man Bad Souffles" and she has graciously agreed.  Hahah!

Epic, I say.

-p

WOTR

Quote from: pate on October 10, 2019, 07:06:32 PM
If we manage to pull this off it will be epic.  Mom hates sage, we all hate marshmallows in sweet potatoes, one brother won't eat eggs and the other will just be pissed off at the entire shenanigans (if he even shows up for the 'givings, he frequently skips).  Haha!  Epic, I say.

-p

That seems like quite a pain to plan such a dish just to upset others... I fully approve.  ;)

albrecht

Quote from: WOTR on October 11, 2019, 01:09:50 AM
That seems like quite a pain to plan such a dish just to upset others... I fully approve.  ;)

Indeed. This seems to be "workable" for a Hallmark or Lifetime movie; possibilble frachise.Contact me. PM me. Ha.

pate

Sister just sent me a text with pictures of her marshmallow batter.  I was planning on possibly making the savory "Orange Man Bad Souffle" mk1 recipe today, but apparently there is some sort of technical issue eating up my time...  Who needs a internet capable refrigerator and oven/stovetop anyway?

-p

Quote from: pyewacket on August 26, 2019, 09:15:06 PM
You are welcome, DPS. You can do so much with a good basic recipe and it sounds like you came up with a delicious variation. I use canned cherries and make the syrup the way you did when I make filling for Black Forest Cake- with the addition of cherry liqueur.

Here's a yummy recipe for the upcoming Autumn season that does not involve pumpkin. I think they take pumpkin flavor/scent everything a bit too far, but to each their own.

Zucchini Bread

3 eggs
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup sugar
1 cup oil
1 teaspoon vanilla (I prefer to use an emulsion rather than extract, because they retain more flavor after the baking process.)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
3 cups flour
2 cups zucchini shredded

Beat eggs until foamy, add sugars, vanilla, and oil and mix well. Add dry ingredients except for the flour and mix well. Add zucchini, alternating with flour, mix well after adding each.

Bake at 350 degrees, 1 hour for large loaf or about 35 minutes for small loaves. Toothpick should come out clean when tested.

I believe this recipes will make two loaves.

Happy baking.

Just made this recipe for the first time today.  Filled one large loaf pan.  Baking time was 85 minutes.  I think that in hindsight that I should have done more to remove the water from the zucchini before adding it.  I used coconut oil for the oil and muscovado for the brown sugar, which gave it a slightly sweet taste. 

The long baking time resulted in a nice semi-crunchy layer on the top.  This was a delight from a texture perspective.  The zucchini taste is more subtle than I would have expected.  Overall, it is a solid recipe and a great alternative to seasonal baking that relies on pumpkin stuff.  Had an end slice of this with some coffee on my balcony and watched the clouds float over Manila.

I might spring this one on the old bird at some point, though recently she is clamoring for my cranberry-orange cupcakes, which use your base recipe for the blueberry bread. 

Thanks so much Pye for this wonderful recipe.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on October 20, 2019, 01:03:36 AM
Just made this recipe for the first time today.  Filled one large loaf pan.  Baking time was 85 minutes.  I think that in hindsight that I should have done more to remove the water from the zucchini before adding it.  I used coconut oil for the oil and muscovado for the brown sugar, which gave it a slightly sweet taste. 

The long baking time resulted in a nice semi-crunchy layer on the top.  This was a delight from a texture perspective.  The zucchini taste is more subtle than I would have expected.  Overall, it is a solid recipe and a great alternative to seasonal baking that relies on pumpkin stuff.  Had an end slice of this with some coffee on my balcony and watched the clouds float over Manila.

I might spring this one on the old bird at some point, though recently she is clamoring for my cranberry-orange cupcakes, which use your base recipe for the blueberry bread. 

Stupid faggot. ::)

pyewacket

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on October 20, 2019, 01:03:36 AM

You are welcome, DPS. If it took 85 minutes to bake this, you may have had to much batter in the loaf pan. You do have to let the zucchini drain before adding, but I've never had a problem with it altering the texture.

If you are interested, I have a savory stuffed bread recipe you might like.

Quote from: pyewacket on October 20, 2019, 08:03:55 AM
If you are interested, I have a savory stuffed bread recipe you might like.

I should have divided it into two smaller pans.  But at the end of the day, it turned out just grand, even at 85 minutes in the big pan.

Sweetie*, I would love to have any of your recipes.  Every one so far has been a winner

*Not condescending.  I save this appellation for my most valued posters.  So far, only you and Sneddy Vasectomy.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on October 20, 2019, 08:19:11 AM
I should have divided it into two smaller pans.  But at the end of the day, it turned out just grand, even at 85 minutes in the big pan.

Sweetie*, I would love to have any of your recipes.  Every one so far has been a winner

*Not condescending.  I save this appellation for my most valued posters.  So far, only you and Sneddy Vasectomy.

Stupid faggot!

WOTR

Quote from: pate on October 12, 2019, 11:55:02 AM
Who needs a internet capable refrigerator and oven/stovetop anyway?

-p

I would say Gunner65. Is it capable of running skype?  ;)

pyewacket

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on October 20, 2019, 08:19:11 AM

Inconceivable-me sharing any category with Shreddie!

Quote from: pyewacket on October 20, 2019, 04:05:53 PM

Okay okay henceforth you will be "Sweetie" and Sneddy will be "Sugarbuns."

Or I could reverse them.  Please advise.

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 20, 2019, 12:11:03 PM
Stupid faggot!

I'm actually glad that I can't see your face, but if I could, I imagine that your facial expression would match that of someone attempting to solve a long division problem after being out of school for 15 years.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: pyewacket on October 20, 2019, 04:05:53 PM

Your sense of unworthiness is entirely justified.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on October 20, 2019, 04:12:30 PM
I'm actually glad that I can't see your face, but if I could, I imagine that your facial expression would match that of someone attempting to solve a long division problem after being out of school for 15 years.

^^^^^^^^
So lonely.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on October 20, 2019, 04:12:30 PM
I'm actually glad that I can't see your face.

I'm guessing Nixonian jowls and a serious stroke mouth.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: SredniVashtar on October 20, 2019, 04:24:32 PM
I bet that runs in your head like an infinite loop.

Speaking of infinite loops how’s that Brexit going? :D

pyewacket

You can make a stuffed bread with basic pizza dough. I am not sure what ingredients are available to you and will leave it you to make any substitutions.

My recipe calls for deli sliced ham, Swiss cheese, frozen chopped broccoli- thawed and well drained, shredded mozzarella cheese 

Basic Pizza Dough (single batch)

2 1/2 to 3 1/2 cups flour
1 cup warm water 105-115 degrees F
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 packet of quick rise yeast

Warm the water and add a little flour before you add the yeast. Cover and let the 'sponge' form. Mix the flour, salt and oil together ( I like to add some Parmesan cheese for more flavor). Add the yeast and water mixture and combine with the dry ingredients. I use  my mixer with the spiral attachment, but you can do this by hand. If you start your dough with the 2 1/2 cups of flour- you can add the remaining cup and a half while kneading. Your dough should be elastic and smooth. Put it in a lightly greased bowl and cover. Let it rise until double in volume.

Flour your rolling surface and roll out the dough forming a rectangle.
Cover your dough with ham slices leaving a small margin from the edges, then place the swiss cheese over the ham slices. Make sure you drain your chopped broccoli before adding or it will make your bread soggy. I use cheese cloth or press the broccoli in a wire sieve one small batch at a time. Spread the broccoli over the ham and cheese (I use 2 packages for a large loaf), followed by the shredded mozzarella cheese.

Starting at one long edge- roll the filled dough and moisten the other edge to seal the seam. Seal the ends and fold them over.

Place the bread seam side down on a lightly greased or parchment paper lined baking sheet. (Parchment paper works best)

Bake at 350 to 375 degrees F (depending on your oven) for 20 minutes- remove, brush your loaf with melted butter (if it looks like it is browning too quickly- loosely cover with foil) and then return it to the oven for another 20 minutes.

Enjoy! 

pyewacket

Quote from: SredniVashtar on October 20, 2019, 04:20:23 PM
Your sense of unworthiness is entirely justified.

I bet you hear that from all your dates.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: pyewacket on October 20, 2019, 04:47:00 PM
I bet you hear that from all your dates.

If they were able to speak, possibly.

pyewacket

Quote from: SredniVashtar on October 20, 2019, 04:49:36 PM
If they were able to speak, possibly.

Just how long have these women been out of circulation? Please don't tell me they have none!