Author Topic: Bakegab: The Bellgab Bakeshop  (Read 3765 times)

Re: Bakegab: The Bellgab Bakeshop
« Reply #330 on: July 07, 2019, 02:28:21 PM »
A wonderful crossover (no pun intended) from the Senda thread. The recipe sounds interesting- the presentation? Priceless.

That's hilarious

« Reply #331 on: July 07, 2019, 10:28:39 PM »
The civil thing is to match the words to the clothes since words are even easier to change and what butchery a person has undergone doesn't interest me in the least.

Personally I think the whole trans thing is tragic and that people 50 years from now will be appalled in the same way we look back at lobotomies now, but a pronoun is a vanishingly small tribute to the enormous effort, expense, and pain someone has endured.
Wow- you completely nailed it. I know I have mentioned that I have a trans-woman working for me. You knew that something was a little "off" from the start. But then one day she came in and said she would like to be called a different name. I did ask what the pronoun was, and she said "she."

I will agree with you- I think that we are making a mistake when every person who feels different is given hormones and the option of surgery... But to me- it is their choice, and their life. I'm not living it...

I cannot call somebody "zim or zir" or any of the other blatantly ridiculous made-up names. But if "she" wants to be called "her", takes the time to learn how to apply make-up, change her wardrobe, endure the ridicule that some people still heap on her, and try to be just "one of the girls", I'm not about to refuse any act as minor as calling her by the name and pronoun she prefers.

« Reply #332 on: July 08, 2019, 12:05:08 AM »
Wow- you completely nailed it. I know I have mentioned that I have a trans-woman working for me. You knew that something was a little "off" from the start. But then one day she came in and said she would like to be called a different name. I did ask what the pronoun was, and she said "she."

I will agree with you- I think that we are making a mistake when every person who feels different is given hormones and the option of surgery... But to me- it is their choice, and their life. I'm not living it...

I cannot call somebody "zim or zir" or any of the other blatantly ridiculous made-up names. But if "she" wants to be called "her", takes the time to learn how to apply make-up, change her wardrobe, endure the ridicule that some people still heap on her, and try to be just "one of the girls", I'm not about to refuse any act as minor as calling her by the name and pronoun she prefers.

Thanks.  Let me refill Shreddie's shot locker with my own bit of oversharing:

I've actually thought about it quite a bit after hearing a trans woman (they hang around but fit rather uneasily in the LGBT sandwich, not unlike a slippery tomato) breathlessly tell how she "knew", describing how, as a very young boy, she would pose in the mirror with a towel draped over her head to mimic a girl's long hair, at which point an icy chill of recognition came over me.

Had I been blessed with enlightened parents instead of stern, Bible-believing folk who never discussed such things, who knows what would have come of my utterly naive experiments, any one of which might have been seized upon as a seminal, life-changing event by an enterprising mental-health professional of the modern school?

The recollection still makes me wince and hunch protectively over my anatomy, of which I am exceedingly fond.

« Reply #333 on: July 17, 2019, 10:13:28 AM »

« Reply #334 on: July 17, 2019, 03:33:43 PM »
Thanks.  Let me refill Shreddie's shot locker with my own bit of oversharing:

He's been absent for awhile. Did your poetry finally do him in?

The Vogons would approve.

RIP Sredni

« Reply #335 on: July 17, 2019, 04:26:02 PM »

RIP Sredni

Haha I have goaded him mercilessly, which I fancy was a new sensation for him.  I am not sorry; some of his sorties have been mean, not in the Mean Girls sense as much as low and cheap.

I am sorry if he's gone, though -- his education is far superior to my humble pretense to it (or anyone I know, really) and the chance to talk to him was the main reason I joined up.  Nor am I foolish enough to claim victory, as the minute my back is turned he will charge out of nowhere and gore me in a vulnerable spot.  I will content myself with observing that the matador is generally held to be smarter than the bull.

Damn, these britches are fancy.

« Reply #337 on: July 17, 2019, 04:34:35 PM »

RIP Sredni

What is your fav recipe? Chef...