• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

History Channel's Project Bluebook (PBB) is Freaky Fiction MIC MiB PTB "Science"

Started by VC, February 27, 2019, 02:23:09 PM

VC

History Channel's Project Bluebook 2019 UFO series is the best blend of speculative fiction I've ever seen regarding early UFO hysteria and PBB reports. What I'm most surprised and impressed about is its willingness to peg a lot of the events to the Military, MIC, MiB, PTB, Black Ops or CIA related, Hoaxes, Frauds, Hysteria, and USSR spies as being the 'solely human' causes that are sometimes also interacting with astronomical and terrestrial natural causes and/or probable Black Project related human experiments that purposely are being covered-up by promoting the beliefs and external threats of technologically advanced ET Alien life and its visitation on Earth. In other words, blame it on ET in order to get away with Top Secret Black Projects that are really only human caused in origin or beliefs that don't properly account for Black Ops and astronomical or terrestrial natural causes too.

There really is an amazing amount of UFO lore fully fictionalized in each episode, so it's quite interesting "to unwind" what actual multiple historical events these are probably pointing to in every episode. I find this massive fictional blend and speculation quite fascinating, because it stays grounded to actual human causes for its PBB UFO events too vs just ET Bull Shit and "the unknown" that can't be understood.

1) What have you spotted that is most interesting, accurate, or full of shit to you?

2) What episode(s) or PPB event(s) is your favorites and why?

3) Do you believe any of the PBB events are of true ET Alien origin? Why?

4) Anything else you find worthy of discussion or worth mentioning about this History Channel PBB series?

Lilith

I started watching the first episode, but didn't get pulled into it.  Because of your post, I'll give it another try.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: VC on February 27, 2019, 02:23:09 PM
History Channel's Project Bluebook 2019 UFO series is the best blend of speculative fiction I've ever seen regarding early UFO hysteria and PBB reports. What I'm most surprised and impressed about is its willingness to peg a lot of the events to the Military, MIC, MiB, PTB, Black Ops or CIA related, Hoaxes, Frauds, Hysteria, and USSR spies as being the 'solely human' causes that are sometimes also interacting with astronomical and terrestrial natural causes and/or probable Black Project related human experiments that purposely are being covered-up by promoting the beliefs and external threats of technologically advanced ET Alien life and its visitation on Earth. In other words, blame it on ET in order to get away with Top Secret Black Projects that are really only human caused in origin or beliefs that don't properly account for Black Ops and astronomical or terrestrial natural causes too.

There really is an amazing amount of UFO lore fully fictionalized in each episode, so it's quite interesting "to unwind" what actual multiple historical events these are probably pointing to in every episode. I find this massive fictional blend and speculation quite fascinating, because it stays grounded to actual human causes for its PBB UFO events too vs just ET Bull Shit and "the unknown" that can't be understood.

1) What have you spotted that is most interesting, accurate, or full of shit to you?

2) What episode(s) or PPB event(s) is your favorites and why?

3) Do you believe any of the PBB events are of true ET Alien origin? Why?

4) Anything else you find worthy of discussion or worth mentioning about this History Channel PBB series?

A couple weeks ago George had a caller talk about a UFO case.  It was obvious everything he knew about the case was what he saw on this fictional series.  It reminded me of the callers, even the occasional guest, who talk about "Class M planets" and the "Prime Directive" like they're real after watching "Star Trek." 

It's interesting it's on the same network that's spent the last 9yrs pushing Ancient Aliens ad nauseum.

VC

There is a podcast series, link below, that goes with each episode too. So, if you find an episode interesting, then you can go to this podcast to learn more. Here is the link:

https://art19.com/shows/project-bluebook/

Just remember the producers of these "historical fiction" shows have their own opinionated biases and beliefs that must emphasize entertainment value over reality. This isn't advanced PhD degree historical research or documentary quality episodes.

Quote from: Uncle Duke on February 27, 2019, 04:00:01 PM
A couple weeks ago George had a caller talk about a UFO case.  It was obvious everything he knew about the case was what he saw on this fictional series.  It reminded me of the callers, even the occasional guest, who talk about "Class M planets" and the "Prime Directive" like they're real after watching "Star Trek."

Sadly, we live in an environment of information access that many less intelligent and "programmed brains" cannot distinguish hard facts and reality from belief systems. This PBB series is not meant to be historical facts & events, BUT it does accurately show how belief systems can overtake critical thinking into "reality fantasy" and belief. This IS an entertainment series that is what I would call alternative historical FICTION that touches on some actual facts and historical events, BUT it is ALSO entirely a FICTIONAL interpretation that has some real life basis on actual events and people.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: VC on February 28, 2019, 01:33:27 PM
There is a podcast series, link below, that goes with each episode too. So, if you find an episode interesting, then you can go to this podcast to learn more. Here is the link:

https://art19.com/shows/project-bluebook/

Just remember the producers of these "historical fiction" shows have their own opinionated biases and beliefs that must emphasize entertainment value over reality. This isn't advanced PhD degree historical research or documentary quality episodes.

Sadly, we live in an environment of information access that many less intelligent and "programmed brains" cannot distinguish hard facts and reality from belief systems. This PBB series is not meant to be historical facts & events, BUT it does accurately show how belief systems can overtake critical thinking into "reality fantasy" and belief. This IS an entertainment series that is what I would call alternative historical FICTION that touches on some actual facts and historical events, BUT it is ALSO entirely a FICTIONAL interpretation that has some real life basis on actual events and people.

The episodes are "inspired" by the investigations of Hynek and are "based" on real events, but any semblance to what actually transpired in these well documented cases is, at best, just in passing.  If people want to watch such silliness, more power to them. "Reality fantasy" is a good way of putting it, very Turtledoveish.  I like your point about belief systems overtaking critical thinking.  Reminds me of all the people who wrote the Pentagon in the mid 1960s demanding to know why the DoD wasn't doing more to find the castaways on "Gilligan's Island."

Somewhere within Bellgab there is thread on Jack Webb's late 70s series "Project UFO," a program also based on PBB.  While it was quite white bread in scope, it was relatively accurate in telling the factual stories behind many of the evergreen cases of early ufology. As you would expect with Webb, the "names were changed to protect the innocent," but many of the cases were updated to reflect the time frame of the series.  So instead of a P-51 crashing in 1948 while chasing a UFO, it was an F-106 in 1978.  If you've not seen Webb's series, all episodes are on YouTube. 

ItsOver

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on February 27, 2019, 04:43:01 PM
It's interesting it's on the same network that's spent the last 9yrs pushing Ancient Aliens ad nauseum.
Maybe it's just a coincidence.  ;)  ;D

Norm

Quote from: Uncle Duke on February 28, 2019, 03:02:24 PM
The episodes are "inspired" by the investigations of Hynek and are "based" on real events, but any semblance to what actually transpired in these well documented cases is, at best, just in passing.  If people want to watch such silliness, more power to them. "Reality fantasy" is a good way of putting it, very Turtledoveish.  I like your point about belief systems overtaking critical thinking.  Reminds me of all the people who wrote the Pentagon in the mid 1960s demanding to know why the DoD wasn't doing more to find the castaways on "Gilligan's Island."

Somewhere within Bellgab there is thread on Jack Webb's late 70s series "Project UFO," a program also based on PBB.  While it was quite white bread in scope, it was relatively accurate in telling the factual stories behind many of the evergreen cases of early ufology. As you would expect with Webb, the "names were changed to protect the innocent," but many of the cases were updated to reflect the time frame of the series.  So instead of a P-51 crashing in 1948 while chasing a UFO, it was an F-106 in 1978.  If you've not seen Webb's series, all episodes are on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/Dl7dQm_8f_0

VC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HKT6Bf_nxI

About 1-1/2 hrs interview w/Hynek.

From the YT channel: "This is an interview from circa 1977 with Dr. J. Allen Hynek. It is conducted by Detroit radio legend J.P. McCarthy of WJR 760 AM. J.P. had Dr. Hynek on for the whole morning, 6-10 AM and I managed to get most of the interview segments."

Norm

Quote from: brig on March 01, 2019, 04:15:00 PM

Thank You! :)

Found another YouTube channel that has uploaded episodes in 480 for better resolution. I've been binge watching all afternoon. Good stuff! I must have been busy working and missed the show when it first aired in 1977.

https://youtu.be/TRkoMnuM7FU

Robert

Quote from: VC on February 28, 2019, 01:33:27 PMSadly, we live in an environment of information access that many less intelligent and "programmed brains" cannot distinguish hard facts and reality from belief systems.
Hell, they can't even distinguish official fiction from unofficial fiction!

I won a bet on a character name that'd be introduced into TV serial Lost.  After I won, some people thought there must've been hanky-panky because the name turned out not to be one that a viewer speculated it'd be, since the specul'n had gotten around so widely it was accepted by many as a leak from the makers of the show.

chefist

Quote from: Uncle Duke on February 28, 2019, 03:02:24 PM

I graduated from the Univ. of Southern IL at Edwardsville. For some odd reason, the university library had original copies of the Blue Book investigations. They were all in very large blue, plastic binders. I don't know if many universities had these, but I read almost all of them...and there were at least a dozen large blue binders with the reports and conclusions...I'm curious if they are still there.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: chefist on March 05, 2019, 08:30:45 PM
I graduated from the Univ. of Southern IL at Edwardsville. For some odd reason, the university library had original copies of the Blue Book investigations. They were all in very large blue, plastic binders. I don't know if many universities had these, but I read almost all of them...and there were at least a dozen large blue binders with the reports and conclusions...I'm curious if they are still there.

That is perplexing.  Maybe one of the officers who served on Blue Book was a grad who donated his papers to the school.  Does/did SIUE have an AFROTC detachment? If yes, could be a former Blue Book officer got an assignment there and donated them upon retirement.

When was the last time you saw the binders at SUIE? Do you remember over what time span the binders covered?

VC

Bellgab.com got a shout-out on MitD last night with both of Dr. Hynek's sons listening! :D

Quote from: chefist on March 05, 2019, 08:30:45 PM
For some odd reason, the university library had original copies of the Blue Book investigations. They were all in very large blue, plastic binders. I don't know if many universities had these, but I read almost all of them...and there were at least a dozen large blue binders with the reports and conclusions...I'm curious if they are still there.

Does anything stand-out from your memory about any actual cases you can still recall?

Uncle Duke

Quote from: VC on March 06, 2019, 01:26:38 AM
Bellgab.com got a shout-out on MitD last night with both of Dr. Hynek's sons listening! :D
Does anything stand-out from your memory about any actual cases you can still recall?

It would be interesting to compare the actual reports with how Ruppelt reported the cases in his book.  Also, Quintanilla had an unpublished manuscript detailing his time at Blue Book.  I read portions of it, interesting but not as well written or detailed as Ruppelt's book.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: Uncle Duke on March 05, 2019, 09:26:43 PM
That is perplexing.  Maybe one of the officers who served on Blue Book was a grad who donated his papers to the school.  Does/did SIUE have an AFROTC detachment? If yes, could be a former Blue Book officer got an assignment there and donated them upon retirement.

When was the last time you saw the binders at SUIE? Do you remember over what time span the binders covered?

I'm not surprised you didn't get a response. Has Chefist ever struck you as a reader of books? I mean he can't even read a thread before popping in and asking what is going on even though the thread might have been talking about the death of someone for five pages.