Would Art Bell come back?

Started by Queen, April 24, 2009, 06:33:32 PM

Did aliens abduct George's brain?

Absolutely!
Indeed!
Gosh, no.
To the phones...

Queen

George Noory Sucks we all know that, and theres a post here about who should replace him. (Hilly Rose LOL i still think he fell asleep behind the mic one night.)

Anyway do you guys even think Art Bell would return to Coast to Coast as a full time Host?  (mike seigal days)

I personally don't think he would. But you never know. Just wondering what your thoughts are.

Wonder what Richard C would be like as a host LOL. Someone really needs to take his computer form  him and shut down the enterprise. LOL.

bobcollum

QuoteI personally don't think he would. But you never know. Just wondering what your thoughts are.

From what I've read elsewhere and here as well, Mr Bell would rather spend his time with his new family, and he is kinda tired of doing it full-time anyway. Either way good food hasn't tasted the same since.

slipstream

I had hope for a while that Art would comeback (doing weekends), but I have resigned that Art has moved on in life.

sherry440

i'd  be happy with Art Bell even ONE night  MONTH--I BET HE'D DO THTAT.

EvB

Quote from: sherry440 on May 06, 2009, 09:10:11 PM
i'd  be happy with Art Bell even ONE night  MONTH--I BET HE'D DO THTAT.

Except that he hasn't  -- and he certainty COULD.  Even if he wasn't the complete star he is - George and/or Ian each do an extra night a month - There is room for him.  If he wanted it - he'd have it.  No question in my mind. BUT - right now - he seems to want to be free to do whatever his whims and resources allow. 

I guess he's earned that, no matter how much we hate it.

Centurion73

Quote from: EvB on May 06, 2009, 09:58:08 PM
Except that he hasn't  -- and he certainty COULD.  Even if he wasn't the complete star he is - George and/or Ian each do an extra night a month - There is room for him.  If he wanted it - he'd have it.  No question in my mind. BUT - right now - he seems to want to be free to do whatever his whims and resources allow. 

I guess he's earned that, no matter how much we hate it.

I pray to YOUR GODS or any GODS and creators Art never returns to the air waves again. When he returns it is just a reminder of what once was, what has been lost and how far c2c has fallen. All we have to look forward to after an Art show or visit is Radio's version of some idiot (Noory) reading "My Pet Goat" as c2c crumbles like the towers.

saab93driver

First off I am a big fan of Art's work and have been inspired, intriged and challenged by his show.  But I have to say at risk of being flamed that Art's shows post birth of his daughter and the ones he did from Manilla were not as good as before even when he was doing them semi regularly from Manila.

Yet another AB comeback would be bitter sweet.  I would be in line cheering with the rest here if they brought him back even once a month but I think like a professional athlete who has made his fortune his best shows are behind him.  Only Art really knows in his heart but if he did return I am afraid it might be a letdown and I've been on the Art Bell "comeback roller coaster" too many times before.  Best he goes out near the top of his game maybe to be heard from only occasionally and leaves us with his best work to enjoy.   

Quote from: Centurion73 on May 07, 2009, 02:14:39 AM
I pray to YOUR GODS or any GODS and creators Art never returns to the air waves again. When he returns it is just a reminder of what once was, what has been lost and how far c2c has fallen. All we have to look forward to after an Art show or visit is Radio's version of some idiot (Noory) reading "My Pet Goat" as c2c crumbles like the towers.

Quote from: saab93driver on May 09, 2009, 01:21:31 PM
First off I am a big fan of Art's work and have been inspired, intriged and challenged by his show.  But I have to say at risk of being flamed that Art's shows post birth of his daughter and the ones he did from Manilla were not as good as before even when he was doing them semi regularly from Manila.

Yet another AB comeback would be bitter sweet.  I would be in line cheering with the rest here if they brought him back even once a month but I think like a professional athlete who has made his fortune his best shows are behind him.  Only Art really knows in his heart but if he did return I am afraid it might be a letdown and I've been on the Art Bell "comeback roller coaster" too many times before.  Best he goes out near the top of his game maybe to be heard from only occasionally and leaves us with his best work to enjoy.   

I agree.  I like to hear Art hosting these "blue moon" shows, but when they start to really get going, after about the first half-hour to the hour mark, I can't help but thinking that the whole thing is just an echo of what it once was.  While Art is a master at what he does and still has more skills then the majority of those in his field, I hear the rust in him, and the lack of enthusiasm that used to be.  This seems to me to be one of those cases of "You can never go home again" bearing true.

11angeleyes11

I think it is time for new doors to open, I love Art, but face it his interest is in his familiy now and enjoying some of the free time he has.  Look at Richard Syrett.  If they just give him a contract. . . . . . duing the week. . .

EvB

QuoteLook at Richard Syrett.  If they just give him a contract. . . . . . duing the week. . .

I'd go for that!  Then, give Knapp one or two more shows a month (4 - 5 shows a month)  - keep Ian at once and week (with either Ian or Knapp ready for fill-ins when needed) - and you'd have (to my POV anyway) a show as worthy of the name c2c as we're likely to get.

11angeleyes11

Quote from: EvB on May 09, 2009, 03:14:09 PM
I'd go for that!  Then, give Knapp one or two more shows a month (4 - 5 shows a month)  - keep Ian at once and week (with either Ian or Knapp ready for fill-ins when needed) - and you'd have (to my POV anyway) a show as worthy of the name c2c as we're likely to get.
It's good to read that someone agrees with me.  I think that is an award winning mix.  I read an article on Richard Syrett somewhere.  The link may have been here, but Lisa Lyon in the article had phoned him and quizzed him on various subjects on the paranormal and commented something to the affect that "We will find a place for you."  I think we have it!

Centurion73

Quote from: 11angeleyes11 on May 09, 2009, 03:40:50 PM
It's good to read that someone agrees with me.  I think that is an award winning mix.  I read an article on Richard Syrett somewhere.  The link may have been here, but Lisa Lyon in the article had phoned him and quizzed him on various subjects on the paranormal and commented something to the affect that "We will find a place for you."  I think we have it!

Some research points that he Syrett may be under contract to ClearChannels and do you think Lisa Lyon who books for Snoory is really capable of determining "We will find a place for you."  She cant even produce a coherent show with a capable host if she had one, Tommy, Lisa, Lex, that is what you hear from Snorry at the end of a show that was an absolute abortion. If they did secure him sure as shit he be towing the same line, script that they fed to Ian and changed him as well. The days/nights of c2c have long past and we are just all looking for something else to fill the Tahiti Village time slot.

11angeleyes11

Quote from: Centurion73 on May 09, 2009, 06:54:54 PM
Some research points that he Syrett may be under contract to ClearChannels and do you think Lisa Lyon who books for Snoory is really capable of determining "We will find a place for you."  She cant even produce a coherent show with a capable host if she had one, Tommy, Lisa, Lex, that is what you hear from Snorry at the end of a show that was an absolute abortion. If they did secure him sure as shit he be towing the same line, script that they fed to Ian and changed him as well. The days/nights of c2c have long past and we are just all looking for something else to fill the Tahiti Village time slot.
Taking your thoughts into account, I would think that if Richard Syrett were brought on full-time, he would bring some of his own staff with him such as a producer to work with him nightly on the show.  Now, Lisa Lyons, would probably stay, I recall that she won some award in the past few years for her performance and I do not see them letting her go. I would of course want George Knapp to do some more shows as his schedule permits and Ian can be a good host.  Art it appears at this point only is doing an occassional cameo appearance.

xpmark12

I listened to Snoory a few nights ago and he was crowing about how he intended to work full time until five years after 2012.Then he was going to do three nights a week.I was very depressed at the gleeful way he said this.Like he knows the legions who can't stand him.Maybe he will hit the lottery and quit C2C.This man Snoory has virtually taken away my will to live.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: xpmark12 on May 16, 2009, 04:10:21 PM
This man Snoory has virtually taken away my will to live.
you'll fit in fine here, soldier.

as you were.

Every show that George Knapp does proves that we are in the wrong time continuum!  In a more logical version of our universe it would be Coast to Coast with George Knapp.

Loui Zoot

I can't even listen to a few minutes of Noory anymore. I haven't looked on the c2c site lately, have they even had any decent guests (who haven't been on a dozen or more times before?) with George lately? Even then it's hard to listen, he can't talk his way out a flaming bag of dog shit on someones front step. A couple months ago, I gave up on listening to any new coast shows, from any host, and even canceled my yearly streamlink.

It's like one big long fear mongering infomercial anymore (well for years now actually).

Quote from: Loui Zoot on June 02, 2009, 10:00:34 PM
I can't even listen to a few minutes of Noory anymore. I haven't looked on the c2c site lately, have they even had any decent guests (who haven't been on a dozen or more times before?) with George lately? Even then it's hard to listen, he can't talk his way out a flaming bag of dog shit on someones front step. A couple months ago, I gave up on listening to any new coast shows, from any host, and even canceled my yearly streamlink.

It's like one big long fear mongering infomercial anymore (well for years now actually).

I've been off of regular listening for probably about four years now. I tune in every now and then while driving home from being out and about, but it's just because it's on Rush's station. I'm actually thinking of listening tonight just to see how my old favorite talk show is doing. I want to try to like it again, but Noory has made it very hard for me.

And I don't want to go into ad nauseam, but it's not just Noory - it's the guests. The quality of guests has been on a steady decline for awhile now. I don't know who's picking these people but whoever is, they have incredibly low standards.

And then, as you mentioned, this whole "OMG DOOMZDAY" shit they've been pulling...it's just too much. I hope tonight there might be something decent on...I'm about to look at the website, actually.

Loui Zoot

I think they should just hand over coast to Norm Macdonald. I'm not saying it would be good paranormal radio. I'd much rather hear "Note to Self" 20 times a night, than even one more minute of Noory.

Someone really should create one of those 90's meme sites, and call it "George Noory ate my Balls". Oh wait, maybe old Tommy has.

Quote from: Loui Zoot on June 03, 2009, 12:09:18 AM
I think they should just hand over coast to Norm Macdonald. I'm not saying it would be good paranormal radio. I'd much rather hear "Note to Self" 20 times a night, than even one more minute of Noory.

Clawesome idea. It's the ONLY real answer.

Queen

Art Bell put his heart and soul along with romona into this show, doing it 6 even 7 days a week for so many years and on his last regular show he said the only one who gets it, is George Norry.  Am i missing something??

Loui Zoot

My thought is that Noory is constructed from rotting dolphin meat. I can't prove it, but it's what an Angel who fell out of the portal in my bathroom, told me, and I don't think it is a coincidence.

Quote from: Loui Zoot on June 09, 2009, 07:57:07 PM
My thought is that Noory is constructed from rotting dolphin meat. I can't prove it, but it's what an Angel who fell out of the portal in my bathroom, told me, and I don't think it is a coincidence.

Dolphin the mammal? or dolphin the fish (see:dorado)?

Loui Zoot

Pretty sure they are mammals. The ones I know of. EeeEEEeeeEEeee

EvB

Don's mess with Phan - he knows what he's talking about.   Wheil we usually think of the sea mammal when people say "dolphin" there IS a fish also called a dolphin (confusing, eh?)

Family Coryphaenidae, DOLPHINS
Coryphaena hippurus       

Description: bright greenish blue above, yellow on sides, with capability of flashing purple, chartreuse, and a wide range of other colors; body tapers sharply from head to tail; irregular blue or golden blotches scattered over sides; anterior profile of head on adult males is nearly vertical; head of females more sloping; the single dark dorsal fin extends from just behind the head to the tail; anal fin margin concave and extending from anus to tail.  Similar Fish: pompano dolphin, C. equisetis. The pompano dolphin has squarish tooth patch on tongue (oval tooth patch on dolphin) and fewer dorsal rays (48 to 55 versus 55 to 65 on dolphin).
Where found: OFFSHORE in warm waters.
Size: common to 30 pounds.

Loui Zoot

I wasn't debating if one existed, but since I brought up the subject of Noory being constructed from rotting dolphin meat, I'm pretty sure I was talking about the nasty gray ones, that attack sharks and are the gay (not that there is anything wrong with that) cousins of the Greys. In fact I was visualizing an undead bottle nose variety, that are hell bent on destroying the Earth.

As I know nothing about the fish kind, I'm pretty sure that is not the kind I was talking about, I suppose I could be wrong though.

EvB

LOL!  Okay - you win.  I'm sure you knew what kind you meant.  I also suspect Phan knew what kind you meant since most people qualify the fish - but not the mammal.

Loui Zoot

Well the kind I was talking about can't even be verified to exist. I can't recalled the last time I saw undead dolphins devouring Denver, Detroit, and Des Moines, outside of my own thoughts.

Noory is only constructed from the rotting version of this, and not from the indestructible version, that all should fear, especially once mixed with the smallpox/swine-bird flu strain.

Quote from: Loui Zoot on June 12, 2009, 06:37:21 PM
Well the kind I was talking about can't even be verified to exist. I can't recalled the last time I saw undead dolphins devouring Denver, Detroit, and Des Moines, outside of my own thoughts.

Noory is only constructed from the rotting version of this, and not from the indestructible version, that all should fear, especially once mixed with the smallpox/swine-bird flu strain.

I like the idea of zombie dolphin killing machines.  I think it's brilliant.