Author Topic: Mystery Art Bell Show Opener song from KSBK Spring 1969  (Read 192 times)

Mystery Art Bell Show Opener song from KSBK Spring 1969
« on: May 15, 2018, 02:31:04 AM »
There was a very nostalgic piece of Art's radio I found on youtube, also played by Nick the Rat a couple weeks ago. From context, it seems to be Art's show opener on KSBK Okinawaw circa the Spring of 1969. We know that because Crimson and Clover was #1 and because the rainy season was in full force. Its an instrumental, of course. Any ideas? The radio was fond of instrumentals back then, and I kind of miss them.

Re: Mystery Art Bell Show Opener song from KSBK Spring 1969
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2018, 02:37:11 AM »

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2018, 03:06:15 AM »
Thanks a million! :) Made my night!!

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2018, 04:28:08 PM »
There was a very nostalgic piece of Art's radio I found on youtube, also played by Nick the Rat a couple weeks ago. From context, it seems to be Art's show opener on KSBK Okinawaw circa the Spring of 1969. We know that because Crimson and Clover was #1 and because the rainy season was in full force. Its an instrumental, of course. Any ideas? The radio was fond of instrumentals back then, and I kind of miss them.

Thank you so much, Dyna-X, for this Heart-Touching video.  Thank you. :-*
The opener sounds like the Twilight Zone theme song, but I don't know the name of this cut.

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2018, 04:38:21 PM »

Can't think of the name of the song but I think it's probably something by either The Shadows or The Ventures. Surf era for sure!

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2018, 04:47:02 PM »

Wow that was cool to hear.  Thanks for sharing that Dyna-X.  8)

...and thanks to fotd for finding and posting the intro.  :)  Out of Limits by the Marketts. 

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2018, 05:10:48 PM »
That was very cool to hear, my thanks also.

Interesting that even back then he was doing the overnight show.

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2018, 05:22:51 PM »
Wow that was cool to hear.  Thanks for sharing that Dyna-X.  8)

...and thanks to fotd for finding and posting the intro.  :)  Out of Limits by the Marketts.

Good call, sir...but the Ventures did cover it too:

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2018, 05:30:50 PM »
Good call, sir...but the Ventures did cover it too:

Hmm.  I was going by fotd's post.  Now I know there was more than one cover.  Thanks man.   ;)

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2018, 07:24:29 PM »
Hmm.  I was going by fotd's post.  Now I know there was more than one cover.  Thanks man.   ;)

Hello, ShayP.  It's so good to see you again. ;D