• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Glenn Beck

Started by Pirate King Atomsk, April 14, 2009, 05:18:15 PM

Thankfully Beck grabbed onto him, or else he might have had a nasty head injury.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/20090414/ts_ynews/ynews_ts298

bobcollum

Yikes, that sucked. Maybe he was a little over-excited about being on tv or something, I've never heard of him, but I have passed out before, twice actually(have you ever taken a rising-shotgun when smoking weed?).

I've learned a thing or two about it as well. When you feel it coming on, the first thing you need to do is sit the fuck down, and have someone get you some water, because you're gonna break out into a cold sweat.

Scary, but glad Beck had a hold of his hand.

Frys Girl

Just what he needed to complete his circus show! Go Glen!

EvB

I've never just passed out on my feet like that.  But I gotta say, as long as the guy is okay now, that was funny!

Here is what i liked best:

Guest:  I'm passing out
Beck: continues his questions
Guest: I'm passing out
Beck:  Are you okay?
Guest: Just go ahead . . .:::THUD:::

ringthane

This morning, Beck opens up his show with a report of the lights in El Paso recently that were very similar to the ones sighted in Manhattan last week. I was pretty blown away that a national host not only covered the topic, but opened his show with the topic and treated it as it was -- a highly unusual and unexplained event that wasn't balloons, swamp gas, or military flares. Beck describes the events in the video, the various formations of the lights, the implications, and the UN's recent stance on UFOs. Beck then goes to break.

When the show resumes, they spoof C2C with 'Dancing Queen' bumper music and the announcer giving various hotline numbers.

Beck: "I miss Art Bell."

So do we, Glenn.

update: damn, Beck is still discussing the El Paso video in the second half hour. He's taking this *very* seriously. Say what you will about Beck, but he's giving visibility to a topic like no other media personality has ever done.

update II: http://www.theblaze.com/blog/2010/10/19/ufo-links-glenn-was-talking-about/

valdez

The very mention of his name gets the chairs flying around here.  For days.  So just between you and me...go Beck.

Maybe Glenn is setting up his next career once the right-wing radio thing finally goes dry. From morning zookeeper, to right-wing radio to UFOlogist.

The General

I agree with a lot of what Beck says, but personally he is a screwball with a messiah complex.  He's going blind or deaf or has hemmoroids or whatever every other week.  It's getting ridiculous the amount of attention he seems to need.  He'd be worse than Noory as C2C host, if that's possible.

And his radio show drives me crazy because he seems to have some kind of unnamed sidekick that has a very similar voice to his own.  Either that or he has a split personality, I never could figure it out. 

He stole 90% of his schtick from Michael Savage anyway.   

11angeleyes11

Quote from: b_dubb on October 19, 2010, 02:57:39 PM
ummmm .... the next C2C host?
A few years ago, on Thansgiving nite or weekend, George had Glenn Beck on his show as an interview.  Then, soon after that Glenn Beck had George on as an interview about ufology.  If he said that he missed Art Bell, surely he was been cynical.  I would have preferred that he play the song "Some Velvet Morming" as bumper music.

It could be a political move.  If he does not make it on the ticket with Sarah Palin, then he could be the V.P. candidate with George on the paranormal party. It could be also that he is wanting the aliens to land at his next rally, register as independents, and sweep the Tea Party into the office in 2012.  The possibilties are endless. 

analog kid

"There are invaders among us, folks, and I don't know what will happen. But I promise you there will be rivers of blood, and the only way to protect your future is to buy Goldline."

ringthane

They replay Beck here at night before C2C and I listened to the hour segment again. Even though Beck and his producers joked a lot about the topic (little green men, anal probes, the usual har har har tinfoil jokes), they still gave the topic a lot of credence based on the vids. The basic attitude was 5 years ago they would've laughed it off... now, they aren't so sure.

From what I know of Mormon/LDS cosmology, sentient extraterrestial beings (not necessarily alien, mind you) wouldn't conflict at all with mormon doctrine.

The General

Quote from: ringthane on October 19, 2010, 08:58:53 PM
They replay Beck here at night before C2C and I listened to the hour segment again. Even though Beck and his producers joked a lot about the topic (little green men, anal probes, the usual har har har tinfoil jokes), they still gave the topic a lot of credence based on the vids. The basic attitude was 5 years ago they would've laughed it off... now, they aren't so sure.

From what I know of Mormon/LDS cosmology, sentient extraterrestial beings (not necessarily alien, mind you) wouldn't conflict at all with mormon doctrine.

Yes, the LDS doctrine is that God is from a planet called Kolob.  Or that he is from a planet near the star Kolob, depending on your interpretation.

If you haven't seen Beck's ad for foodinsurance.com or something like that, it's amazing. He invokes 9/11 and it's clearly the same scare tactic offshoot of George's e-foods direct ads but ramped up by 100.

b_dubb

Quote from: analog kid on October 19, 2010, 08:24:58 PM
"There are invaders among us, folks, and I don't know what will happen. But I promise you there will be rivers of blood, and the only way to protect your future is to buy Goldline."

nice use of restraint

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: general jamison johnson on October 19, 2010, 05:03:56 PM

He stole 90% of his schtick from Michael Savage anyway.
I always thought he lifted more from phil hendrie than anyone else. Oh well. We're all influenced by the people who inspired us, and beck has named hendrie as an influence. Hendrie has complained about beck's "attitudinal lifting" of his show in the past.

wvghost49

Sounds crazy, wonder if Glenn Beck would make a great host on C2C? I know, I know. I'm just bored tonight.

onan

Quote from: wvghost49 on November 18, 2010, 02:24:52 AM
Sounds crazy, wonder if Glenn Beck would make a great host on C2C? I know, I know. I'm just bored tonight.

I think Beck is a hyperbolic panic-pandering talking head that would have a difficult time stating a fact.

That being said he is still miles ahead of Noory. Noory doesn't have the ability to complete sentences (intelligent ones, anyway).

b_dubb

i wonder if Art shit his pants when/if he saw this?  as in ... "Oh Christ the crazy Mormon is a fan?!!!"

Queen

The funny thing is, when Beck became popular and was promoting his first book, He was on Coast to Coast with George one night to promote it. Now he says he misses Art Bell

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

TO George noory

LMAO

onan

Great News... WHOOPIE... Get rid of all the talking heads that tell us how to think and how we need to be afraid.

anagrammy

Maybe there is a god...ok, no, but isn't it like an answer to prayer?

Anagrammy

haloedorchid

He is a Michael Savage-lite and nowhere near as entertaining.

fabucat

Glenn Beck would be funny if no one ever took him seriously. 

His latest offense is that he targeted an 83-year old female college professor and said that she was responsible for the downfall of the economy.  She's been getting lots of death threats.  That's where the First Amendment ends. 

http://www.democracynow.org/2011/1/14/why_is_glenn_beck_obsessively_targeting

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: fabucat on January 16, 2011, 10:32:23 PM
That's where the First Amendment ends.
i'm not sure i understand specifically what you mean in this.  please elaborate.

onan

Quote from: Michael V. on January 17, 2011, 02:17:47 AM
i'm not sure i understand specifically what you mean in this.  please elaborate.

If I may hazard a guess it would be something akin to escalating mob violence. It's one thing to discuss contradictory points of view and something quite different to suggest that contrary position is reshaping what our country should be.

This really is the metaphor of yelling fire in a crowded building. The problem is there are way too many people that believe a candle is the dangerous fire that wil kill everything. Piven is a candle. Beck is the nutjob yelling fire.

Right, except that Piven advocates violence and Beck doesn't.

onan

Quote from: Do you think it was angels? on January 17, 2011, 11:17:11 AM
Right, except that Piven advocates violence and Beck doesn't.

I don't think you have read any of Piven's actual work. If by chance you have been indoctrinated into thinking the cloward/piven strategy is reality I would ask you to go to the library and actually read some of her work.

And along the line of promoting violence, there are many ways to do so. If you really think beck isn't promoting violence he is at least using rhetoric that is rabble rousing.

For instance " they are leading us to slaughter"... "to the day I die I will be a progressive hunter" likening liberals to nazi's is certainly stirring up the shit.