• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Something I miss about Toronto.....

Started by PhantasticSanShiSan, May 04, 2008, 01:37:53 AM

I was just cruising around the Net, and by fluke I found an old haunt. This is a place I used to eat at all the time. It's on the bottom floor of an apartment building located on the North-East corner of an intersection. On the other three corners are: A Jamaican restaurant, a 7-11, and a strip club (Jillys). My friend used to live two floors above this diner, and I spent A LOT of fun times hanging out there in the 90's.  It's called Dangerous Dan's Diner and if you ever go to Toronto, try and check it out.  And check out their funky menu choices on the website.

www.dangerousdansdiner.com

Here's a picture of their "Coronary Burger"-

That's one magical looking burger.  I must go eat now.

Toronto is a great place. I was only there once on a field trip way back when. The city was beautiful. So clean! I remember noticing people drive like maniacs, but that's endearing also. I want to go back.

MV/Liberace!

i've been to canada twice.  here are my thoughts.

i was expecting a bunch of america hating assholes who would like nothing more than to spit in my face because of our foreign policy and simply because we're americans.  i couldn't have been more incorrect.

the people i met there, even the customs people, were among the nicest i've had the pleasure to meet in a long time.  everywhere i went, people were really friendly.

hey canadians... your roads are better, your cities are cleaner, your people are nicer, and life in your country seems simpler.  i really don't think the usa could ask for a better neighbor.

only one thing struck me negatively, however.  actually, it was downright frightening.  i noticed all of the canadian people have heads that are shaped like a giant jug with the top half completely detached from the bottom half.  as they speak, the top half of their head flops around violently, with a ferocity that should leave them disoriented since their ears and eyes are attached to the top half.  but i guess they're just used to it.  they also frequently use words like "buddy" or "guy" when they speak.  anybody else noticed this?

No, I did not notice that. I did see anti-American picketers though. That was very off-putting. Thankfully, we were in a bus, but I am curious what their gripe was. It was 1993.

Hey Buddy, what kind of thing is that to say?  That's tantamoont to racism buddy. I'm Canadian, and I'm glad to see that you realize we're not all aboot hating the U.S., okay Buddy.

Quote from: Art is the Best on May 04, 2008, 08:02:55 PM
No, I did not notice that. I did see anti-American picketers though. That was very off-putting. Thankfully, we were in a bus, but I am curious what their gripe was. It was 1993.

My guess would be Anti-Globalisation/IMF/WTO protesters in 1993. However, it could have been about salmon, wheat, or soft-wood lumber trade disputes.  But my money would go on the WTO issue.

Max

I'm canadian too and I think canada should merge into the USA....

Quote from: Max on May 04, 2008, 09:41:05 PM
I'm canadian too and I think canada should merge into the USA....

You can't be any Canadian from anywhere east of Saskatchewan if you think that.

Ummm, yeah.  On another note, for those who like South Park and don't know, www.southparkstudios.com is a cool site to view recent episodes. I just watched the episode Canada on Strike and was howling and parts.  I think I'll go check out some more episodes right now.

EvB

Quote from: PhantasticSanShiSan on May 05, 2008, 11:23:58 AM
Ummm, yeah.  On another note, for those who like South Park and don't know, www.southparkstudios.com is a cool site to view recent episodes. I just watched the episode Canada on Strike and was howling and parts.  I think I'll go check out some more episodes right now.

Thanks!  My son introduced me to South Park - I was appalled at first (he was barely 12 I think) but grew to love it.

It was ABSURD that "Blame Canada" lost the Academy to yet another piece of Phil Collins drivel. But, I sure got a kick of of Robin Williams sining it with his chorus of dancers dressed as mounties.

Quote from: EvB on May 05, 2008, 01:40:13 PM
Thanks!  My son introduced me to South Park - I was appalled at first (he was barely 12 I think) but grew to love it.

It was ABSURD that "Blame Canada" lost the Academy to yet another piece of Phil Collins drivel. But, I sure got a kick of of Robin Williams sining it with his chorus of dancers dressed as mounties.

My favourite song in the Movie was the Medley/Round towards the end.  The movie got much praise for it's musical elements.  Stone & Parker are good at making parody musical numbers. Even the songs in Cannibal:The Musical are good.