• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Dr. Tess Gerritsen........

Started by PhantasticSanShiSan, April 05, 2009, 12:09:26 PM

Listening to streamer and just heard this show with Art & a Dr. Tess Gerritsen, and she is a great guest!  (She's probably famous and I'm displaying my cave dweller status)  This was an awesome show/interview and she talked about a wide range of things.  I'd say it's definitely one to listen for if you listen to the stream.  Has anyone read any of her books?  I'm thinking about checking out some and wonder if anyone here has any input.

nika01

My wife has read them and likes her as an author.

In my opinion, she is a scientific reductionist, based on her interview with Art. I remember her talking about how her mother lived in a world occupied by spirits and such, Tess was having none of it.

Quote from: nika01 on April 15, 2009, 05:45:45 PM
My wife has read them and likes her as an author.

In my opinion, she is a scientific reductionist, based on her interview with Art. I remember her talking about how her mother lived in a world occupied by spirits and such, Tess was having none of it.

I kind of like that about her.  While I don't fully lean towards that philosophy of thought, it seems like it would make for good scientific drama & suspense in literature.  Plus, I like the fact she wasn't all about the "hocus-pocus".

Sean92008

Listening to her again on U7...

I learn SO much from her...  plus she's Asian (OK, I'll publicly admit, I had Asian fever until I married one).

http://www.tessgerritsen.com/

I see that she made three appearances over about 14 months (October, 2004-December, 2005) all with Art hosting.

She's so great, why didn't Dave have her on?  She's got this incredible personality, perspective and view of the world.  As a doctor and a novelist, she has a great library of anecdotal stories. 

I hope she's on the MitD!!!