Author History Channel's "Hunt for the Zodiac Killer" Series  (Read 174 times)

History Channel's "Hunt for the Zodiac Killer" Series
« on: December 06, 2017, 09:08:22 AM »
Anyone else watching this series?  After History's embarrassing Earhart program and disappointing DB Cooper series, I was a little skeptical but so far so good.  The series follows a couple of former law enforcement types as they retrace  the killer's history while at the same time a group of codebreakers work with a "super computer" to break the bizarre coded messages Zodiac included in his taunting letters to police and the media.  The codebreakers seem to be making progress, but the two investigators' efforts have led mostly to dead ends. 

Re: History Channel's "Hunt for the Zodiac Killer" Series
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 09:44:32 AM »
Thanks for the reminder. I'll have to catch up online. I've always wondered why, if they were able to decipher the first message, they can't decipher the rest. Unless he used a different code for each message.

IMHO, the only History Channel investigation that has added anything to history is their series on the Lost Colony. And here they seemed to stumble into finding information by asking in the correct experts.

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 10:14:53 AM »
...IMHO, the only History Channel investigation that has added anything to history is their series on the Lost Colony. And here they seemed to stumble into finding information by asking in the correct experts.
I agree.  The shows like "The Curse of Oak Island," "Hunting Hitler," etc. are all obviously heavily scripted and tilted much more towards fluff entertainment than anything related to uncovering actual history.  I really hate what that channel has become and it says as much about today's typical MSM viewer as it does about the pandering people running the place. Today's History channel is certainly not close to such class act shows as Burke's "Connections" and Bronowski's "The Ascent of Man," courtesy of PBS.  They should rename it to the "It Must Be Aliens And Other Junk Channel!"

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2017, 11:52:56 AM »
We already know who the Zodiac is.

goo.gl/rFnc93

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2017, 04:59:38 PM »
We already know who the Zodiac is.

goo.gl/rFnc93
LOL.  Yeah, but who's Hitler?  I'm sure the aliens are keeping him going, just so he can post on Bellgab.

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2017, 04:38:46 PM »
Iíve now watched the first episode. Not bad for the History Channel. One thing I caught that the show didnít mention - he caught his first victims by disabling their cars. From the photos shown, both were Volkswagens. One standard, the other a Karmen Ghia.

« Reply #6 on: Today at 01:27:26 AM »
Be great if the Zodiac was a Libra. That's just not like us.. although if we do kill you we will be sure to mutter something like "sorry dude" while we do it. We're pretty nice that way.

« Reply #7 on: Today at 02:13:35 AM »

D.B. Cooper was the Zodiac Killer.  Case closed.

« Reply #8 on: Today at 02:20:05 AM »

D.B. Cooper was the Zodiac Killer.  Case closed.

Kinda looks a little like uncle Duke too. Pretty creepy. :o

« Reply #9 on: Today at 12:59:17 PM »
Kinda looks a little like uncle Duke too. Pretty creepy. :o

Even creepier, both Cooper and the Zodiac were reportedly 5'10"-5'11", close to the height shown on the Duke mug shot.

What was the name of the serial killer that C2C guest claimed committed seemingly every murder in the US over a couple decades?  Wonder if the History Channel guys will mention him?