Author Looking For A New "Top Right" Chooser  (Read 928 times)

Looking For A New "Top Right" Chooser
« on: October 24, 2017, 01:06:35 PM »
As everyone is aware, the top right corner of this website features witty or funny quotes from user posts.  It's a BellGab innovation that goes back years and is now being emulated by other forums.  The power of BellGab!

A few days ago I received word that the person who was responsible for selecting quotes has passed away.  I'd tell you who that is, but I was specifically asked by this person, who knew death was imminent, not to reveal that information.  What a BellGabber.

While the delicate candle of life sadly has been supplanted by the abyss that is death's darkness, life must go on for the rest of us.  That's why I'm here today searching for a willing volunteer who can dutifully select our top right quotes going forward.  Here is what you need to know:

1) A quote and a direct link to the post containing it should be submitted via PM every two days.
2) Nobody can know you are doing this.  If your identity in this role is revealed, you'll be forced to resign your position in shame.
3) Quotes should be short and fit neatly in the corner because long quotes will wrap into multiple lines and look awful.
4) As often happens, users will "nominate" a quote for the top right corner.  If a quote has been recommended or "nominated," it is immediately disqualified.

5) Quotes should be submitted one at a time.  Do not submit multiple quotes at once.

If you're interested in taking on this weighty but prestigious responsibility, do not express that interest in this thread.  Doing so will disqualify you.  Instead, send me a private message and explain in one sentence why you're the right person for the job.  You will only receive a response if you are selected by the Vandeven Enterprises™ board of directors.

Re: Looking For A New "Top Right" Chooser
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2017, 02:26:02 PM »
Tom Petty was top right chooser?

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2017, 02:53:57 PM »
You must have had a long and enduring friendship with this unidentified chooser.
I am very sorry for your lose, Michael.  My prayers of comfort and closure go out on your behalf. :-*

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2017, 03:11:18 PM »
As everyone is aware, the top right corner of this website features witty or funny quotes from user posts.  It's a BellGab innovation that goes back years and is now being emulated by other forums.  The power of BellGab!

A few days ago I received word that the person who was responsible for selecting quotes has passed away.  I'd tell you who that is, but I was specifically asked by this person, who knew death was imminent, not to reveal that information.  What a BellGabber.

While the delicate candle of life sadly has been supplanted by the abyss that is death's darkness, life must go on for the rest of us.  That's why I'm here today searching for a willing volunteer who can dutifully select our top right quotes going forward.  Here is what you need to know:

1) A quote and a direct link to the post containing it should be submitted via PM every two days.
2) Nobody can know you are doing this.  If your identity in this role is revealed, you'll be forced to resign your position in shame.
3) Quotes should be short and fit neatly in the corner because long quotes will wrap into multiple lines and look awful.
4) As often happens, users will "nominate" a quote for the top right corner.  If a quote has been recommended or "nominated," it is immediately disqualified.

5) Quotes should be submitted one at a time.  Do not submit multiple quotes at once.

If you're interested in taking on this weighty but prestigious responsibility, do not express that interest in this thread.  Doing so will disqualify you.  Instead, send me a private message and explain in one sentence why you're the right person for the job.  You will only receive a response if you are selected by the Vandeven Enterprises™ board of directors.

did the previous arbiter (god rest their soul) of the top right, post often?

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2017, 03:19:59 PM »
You must have had a long and enduring friendship with this unidentified chooser.
I am very sorry for your lose, Michael.  My prayers of comfort and closure go out on your behalf. :-*

Is that just a phrase people say or do you actually do some praying? Because with all the praying you say you do for people you must be praying 24/7.

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2017, 03:34:23 PM »
Is that just a phrase people say or do you actually do some praying? Because with all the praying you say you do for people you must be praying 24/7.
No, I'm not just using it as a phrase.  I mean exactly what I say here.

There are infinite ways one can pray, meditate, visualize, etc., and still, have time for one's daily activities.

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2017, 03:47:15 PM »

i'll be fine.  it's this person's family i'm worried about.  this was not an individual of advanced age.

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2017, 03:51:31 PM »
i'll be fine.  it's this person's family i'm worried about.  this was not an individual of advanced age.

Then I extend that Energy to include his/her family and close friends.  I should have thought to do so in the first place.

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2017, 03:53:24 PM »

I thought you were joking about the death. I liked their sense of what they thought was upper right hand material so much I made a thread dedicated to it.

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2017, 04:01:43 PM »
I guess that rules me out. 

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2017, 04:02:28 PM »
I liked their sense of what they thought was upper right hand material so much I made a thread dedicated to it.

fear not.  this fine tradition will continue.

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2017, 04:02:30 PM »
Seen a lot of death over the last year from people who by all rights should have stuck around longer. I don't want the job. I just want to tip my hat to who ever it was and say "God Bless" to their memory and family. R.I.P.  :)

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2017, 04:03:53 PM »
Seen a lot of death over the last year from people who by all rights should have stuck around longer. I don't want the job. I just want to tip my hat to who ever it was and say "God Bless" to their memory and family. R.I.P.  :)

the best way to honor this person would be to accept the job and knock it out of the park.

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2017, 11:53:41 PM »
As everyone is aware,

The addition of rules seems to conflict with schedules...

I am Khanfused

mmm

Knot Shorte!

« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2017, 09:58:25 PM »
BellGab has a new, permanent Lord of the Top Right.  Please join me in wishing this person well.  Let's pray God gives Lord TR the wisdom and patience to use this newly acquired power responsibly. 

"I'm researching nothing" is the first submission by our new LTR.  A respectable beginning.

Praise LTR.

« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2017, 02:35:34 AM »
BellGab has a new, permanent Lord of the Top Right.  Please join me in wishing this person well.  Let's pray God gives Lord TR the wisdom and patience to use this newly acquired power responsibly. 

"I'm researching nothing" is the first submission by our new LTR.  A respectable beginning.

Praise LTR.
Good luck!  Lots of fun!

« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2017, 08:31:57 PM »

Praise LTR.
lettuce not forget thy rule about the top right: if someone says "____ should be top right " it is immediately disqualified.

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2017, 08:59:08 PM »
lettuce not forget thy rule about the top right: if someone says "____ should be top right " it is immediately disqualified.

Kidnostad3 is a Mustang Navy Officer! That should be Top Right! :)

« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2017, 09:09:46 PM »
Kidnostad3 is a Mustang Navy Officer! That should be Top Right! :)

No, how about Swishypants is a stupid faggot? That should be next!  ;D

« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2017, 08:20:06 AM »
From one Lord to another. Seven blessings, Lord LTR.

« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2017, 02:30:02 PM »
From one Lord to another. Seven blessings, Lord LTR.

Are they holding the canvas for a jumper? :o

Oh, wait!  Never mind. ::)

« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2017, 11:37:48 PM »
BellGab has a new, permanent Lord of the Top Right.  Please join me in wishing this person well.

You must be new here.

« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2017, 12:30:27 AM »
New Chooser?  So, Art Bell wanted to donate some volunteer hours?

« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2017, 11:38:10 PM »

mmm...

Too spoon?

Naut Shour

« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2017, 11:43:33 PM »

« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2017, 03:28:57 PM »
It is with a modicum of regret that I must inform you, the "new member," that you just missed me.
CLOSED
George Noory sucks.

Still.

« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2017, 03:29:53 PM »
I thought you were joking about the death. I liked their sense of what they thought was upper right hand material so much I made a thread dedicated to it.

you didn't maintain it very well

« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2017, 05:03:42 PM »

Praise LTR.

I like the fact our new LTR is pulling gems from the archives.  Why does Tigger smell bad?

Keep up the good work, LTR. ;) ;D

« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2017, 07:06:03 PM »
It appears they are able to travel forward and backwards in time. Cheers.

« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2017, 11:32:38 PM »
New Chooser?  So, Art Bell wanted to donate some volunteer hours?

Chooser.  Not Loser.

Wait.   

Bwahhahahahahahahah