• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Sustainable Dieting and Health (Naps, Diet, Exercise)

Started by Jojo, October 10, 2017, 10:16:47 PM

albrecht

Quote from: Jojo on October 19, 2017, 09:03:35 PM
How do those taste?  Are they cooked first?
It's a histamine thing so I doubt it, because pickled has higher histamine.  But maybe.  I tried duck eggs and organic eggs and they did not like me (unless there is just a little, preferably the white, and pretty cooked out, like in a bready food). 

Speaking of eggs, there is a good childrens picture book entitled How Fletcher Was Hatched, abiut a big, floppy dog.  Makes me cry every time!
The standard ones are ok, maybe a bit of an acquired taste, and relatively tasteless aside from the brine. Some people make them better/different by adding things to the brine (spicy, garlic, beets, etc.) The eggs are hardboiled first, peeled, and then pickled so that they can be stored a longer time, like other pickled things.
Thanks for the hint about the kids book. Christmas is coming up, so looking for stuff for younger relatives etc.

Jojo

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 21, 2017, 08:28:25 PM
Good for you. If you can keep doing something positive for 21 days it should become a habit.
What did I do today for my health?
1. Waited 2.5 hours after dinner before having seconds.
2. Pre-packed 2 fresh meals for tomorrow and Friday.
3. Managed pain three times when needed.
4. When to a health food store and made purchases.
5. Brought creamer to work so i wouldnt use hot chocolate packets as creamer.
6. Stored an ice pack at work because being too hot causes stress and numerous irritating health issues.
7. Two meals were very small.
8.  Veered my eyes away from the insane household dessert buffet duing dinner conversation.

Jojo

Quote from: albrecht on October 23, 2017, 11:19:30 AM
The standard ones are ok, maybe a bit of an acquired taste, and relatively tasteless aside from the brine. Some people make them better/different by adding things to the brine (spicy, garlic, beets, etc.) The eggs are hardboiled first, peeled, and then pickled so that they can be stored a longer time, like other pickled things.
Thanks for the hint about the kids book. Christmas is coming up, so looking for stuff for younger relatives etc.
Sounds like it would wake a person up!

Jojo

Quote from: Hog on October 23, 2017, 10:23:54 AM
I buy hamburger beef and when I fry it, I drain it in a colander and rinse it with hot water.  If I am doing a large batch for lets say a large batch of pasta sauce, I can save quite a bit of money by using medium lean instead of buying the more expensive extra lean and ultra lean cuts of burger meat. Ground beef costs about CAN$4.50/pound for medium $5.50/pound for Extra Lean and $7.00-$7.50/pound for Ultra Lean.

Obviously subbing out beef for poultry or tofu etc would be healthier, but I enjoy eating meat and besides that's why humans invented Statin drugs, a Rosuvastatin a day, keeps the cardiologist away.

Consuming something that contains Branch Chain Amino Acids(BCAAs) or anything with protein immediately before retiring can help the body to utilize the rise in Human Growth Hormone (HGH) that occurs just after you fall asleep.
Just don't go crazy or you'll end up with indigestion.  Nuts are good for this, or a small BCAA drink.

peace
Hog

Yeah, when i rinse beef its amazing plenty of flavor is left. They say the first four hours of sleep are the most physically restorable. But i hadnt known about nighttime protein!

pate

Quote from: Jojo on October 26, 2017, 12:04:28 AM
6. Stored an ice pack at work because being too hot causes stress and numerous irritating health issues.
8.  Veered my eyes away from the insane household dessert buffet duing dinner conversation.

Yeah:

Quote from: topic=5425.msg1117898#msg1117898 date=1508982994
You should invest in cinnamon buns...  :)

Cinnabon sgtlock...

MM@!

moment while I read ths haha

pate

Quote from: Jojo on October 26, 2017, 12:04:28 AM

Hold on a second.

1. Dragged my sorry ass outta sleepy thyme, for this or that (giggles or shitz)
2. Made and drank a half quart of coffee 'cuz none else.
3. Motrin at 10x normal dosage
4. Made it to work for $=spending!
5. That's you?
6. Kilt useless, kna ken yoke
7. Nun nae ken
8. Crispy Oatmeal Cookums!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htxZZKv4pMw

Jojo

Quote from: pate on October 26, 2017, 12:35:04 AM
Hold on a second.

1. Dragged my sorry ass outta sleepy thyme, for this or that (giggles or shitz)
2. Made and drank a half quart of coffee 'cuz none else.
3. Motrin at 10x normal dosage
4. Made it to work for $=spending!
5. That's you?
6. Kilt useless, kna ken yoke
7. Nun nae ken
8. Crispy Oatmeal Cookums!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htxZZKv4pMw
Yeah, household is relentless.  At any given time, there is something like all of the following,all spread out in the kitchen:
Pie
Cinnamon rol!s
Hard candy
Chocolate or soft candy
Danishes
Fruity danishes
Hostess products
Frosted cupcakes with sprinkles
A custard
Hersey syrup
Gummy candy
A homemade dessert like frosted cookies, or fudge

And in the freezer, varieties of ice cream.

It has been an insane place to live.  There are three people here with blood sugar issues for which at least two have prescriptions and one has prescription insulin.

All i can figure is the insulin diabetic bullies the old lady (i guess) so the old lady (i guess) passive-aggressively gets her back by presenting a non-stop dessert buffet, which the insulin user cannot enjoy.

And every frigging night, deep-fat fried french fries. And meat cooked in its own fat. I finally got them to stop recycling Crisco, so now they recycle corn oil, haha.  But corn oil  is better than Crisco.

I try to stay out of that kitchen! Why create temptation!  I have most of what I need in my room.

Jojo

Quote from: pate on October 26, 2017, 12:25:16 AM
Yeah:

Cinnabon sgtlock...

MM@!

I was so glad when Cinnabon and Baskin Robbins left this area.  Then the discount store got Cinnabon thingies, but i try to avoid that freezer section.  Those I really shouldn't eat, or at least not swallow, because flour (wheat) gives me painful mouth sores and other yucky symptoms.

moment while I read ths haha

Hog

A tip for the Diabetics out there, or any that are just avoiding sugar.

I enjoy the taste of sweet drinks, but my body cannot process sugars.  I go and find the Cool-Aid packets that just contain the taste and colour, but have no sugar or sweetener in it.  I mix up the Cool-Air in water and then add a cup of Sucralose and bam, I have a drink that I can drink as much of as I want.
Sucralose will not affect blood sugar, and while not perfect, it is much better that using white cane sugar which would literally put me into a sugar coma.  The amount of sugar that we North Americans eat is disgusting, sugar water drinks like pop or soda as you may call it overburden the bodies ability to deal with it.  I cringe when I see videos of the family sitting down for suppertime and the parent puts a 2-3 liter bottle of Coke out for the kiddies to drink. I can of Coke, 355ml contains 38 grams/1.3 ounces of sugar.  And we wonder why our waists have grown an inch over the last decade. An inch for every American man, woman, child. Over 300,000,000 inches increase.

peace
Hog

Jojo

Quote from: Hog on October 26, 2017, 06:18:18 AM
A tip for the Diabetics out there, or any that are just avoiding sugar.

I enjoy the taste of sweet drinks, but my body cannot process sugars.  I go and find the Cool-Aid packets that just contain the taste and colour, but have no sugar or sweetener in it.  I mix up the Cool-Air in water and then add a cup of Sucralose and bam, I have a drink that I can drink as much of as I want.
Sucralose will not affect blood sugar, and while not perfect, it is much better that using white cane sugar which would literally put me into a sugar coma.  The amount of sugar that we North Americans eat is disgusting, sugar water drinks like pop or soda as you may call it overburden the bodies ability to deal with it.  I cringe when I see videos of the family sitting down for suppertime and the parent puts a 2-3 liter bottle of Coke out for the kiddies to drink. I can of Coke, 355ml contains 38 grams/1.3 ounces of sugar.  And we wonder why our waists have grown an inch over the last decade. An inch for every American man, woman, child. Over 300,000,000 inches increase.

peace
Hog
That's right!  I get side effects from Aspertame and Sucrolose, but i do great on saccharin! 

I just found out that unprocessed, unrefined sugar cane, honey and molasses have chromium in them!  Chromium helps keep blood sugars stable.  I think that even though I eat sweentners, I will try to avoid white sugar.  I dnt understand why factories would want to take the nutrients out of sugar!  Just seems like extra work.

Jojo

Quote from: Jojo on October 27, 2017, 12:46:44 AM
What did I do for my health today?
1.  Tried an orange, and yogurt with fruit prior to breaking out a sweetener.
2.  Choked down bran, vinegar, saurkraut, and the probiotic liquid off yogurt and sour cream.
3.  Had a lot of vegetables, like leafy greens.
4.  Planned meals in advance, for work.
5.  Opted for the lowest sodium lunches I could find.
6.  Did not just get noodles for the lunchbox.
7.  Looked the other way during KP, after noticing the dessert buffet had been refreshed again.
8.  Drank water even though I wasnt thirsty at all today.
9.  Managed pain as well as I could under workday circumstances.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Jojo on October 27, 2017, 12:46:17 AM
That's right!  I get side effects from Aspertame and Sucrolose, but i do great on saccharin! 

I just found out that unprocessed, unrefined sugar cane, honey and molasses have chromium in them!  Chromium helps keep blood sugars stable.  I think that even though I eat sweentners, I will try to avoid white sugar.  I dnt understand why factories would want to take the nutrients out of sugar!  Just seems like extra work.

Have you tried stevia?  It works for me in iced tea

Swishypants

This is stupid! Just don't eat so God damn much! Eat normal shit, but small portions! Drink lots of water. Easy!

chefist

Quote from: Swishypants on October 27, 2017, 01:05:31 AM
This is stupid! Just don't eat so God damn much! Eat normal shit, but small portions! Drink lots of water. Easy!

https://youtu.be/52yKk_CcAv8

Swishypants

Senda doesn't move all day! Plus he's over 65 years old. Not a good example Chefist. If you have normal amount of activity and drink water and eat small portions, that's good enough for most people. All this dieting shit is just trying to avoid getting your fat ass on a treadmill or at least in a pool. If you are already a fat fuck, you gotta drop the weight by doing something! Exercise. The only diet you need is to not eat more than 3 times a day and don't eat large portions. Drink fucking water. Maybe coffee or tea, but that's it! It's not hard. A diet is not going to do you any good. You have to sweat and work out at least a little bit. EVERY FUCKIN' DAY!!!! 20 mins is enough if you are actually working out hard for 20 minutes. Get a pool! Or go to the YMCA or some shit! You can swim for half an hour can't ya? If you are over 65 then just do what you want! You're going to fucking die soon no matter what you do!

Swishypants

Looks like Kidno"whogivesafuck" took the quote job. Prepare yourselves for no humor what-so-ever! The DD-214 thing really activated his brown-nosing little fuck genes didn't it. :)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Swishypants on October 27, 2017, 01:20:08 AM
Looks like Kidno"whogivesafuck" took the quote job. Prepare yourselves for no humor what-so-ever! The DD-214 thing really activated his brown-nosing little fuck genes didn't it. :)

I notice that very few ever respond to your posts anymore. It must be lonely.  :'(

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DYzY7-V5vxY

Jojo

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 27, 2017, 12:54:56 AM
Have you tried stevia?  It works for me in iced tea
The raw sugar cane makes my lips plump up!
The best stevia tastes sort of okay to me. I like the drops.
Saccharin tastes fine to me, and is at the discount store.  Weird that it is an industrial petroleum by-product, though.  So you're right because stevia is not from coal!

Experts are saying watermelon seeds lower blood pressure.  Has anyone tried it?

GravitySucks

Quote from: Jojo on October 28, 2017, 01:52:13 AM
The raw sugar cane makes my lips plump up!
The best stevia tastes sort of okay to me. I like the drops.
Saccharin tastes fine to me, and is at the discount store.  Weird that it is an industrial petroleum by-product, though.  So you're right because stevia is not from coal!

Experts are saying watermelon seeds lower blood pressure.  Has anyone tried it?

I take garlic gel caps and watch my salt. 

Jojo

1.  Stood insted of sitting.
2.  Did some back and neck exercises (baby "pilates")
3.  Reduced intake today.
4.  Drank water even though I had no thirst.
5.  Ate some apple sauce.
7.  Had a little bit of the daily tonics: Vinegar, kraut, juice off the top of soured products, a vitamin, bran, olive oil, lemon, ginger.
8.  Post-poned any protein, after some simple carbs.  Ate the protein hours later.

Jojo

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 28, 2017, 01:57:03 AM
I take garlic gel caps and watch my salt. 
Thanks.  Garlic is amazing.  I watch salt, too, after years of resisting....  Today I read that potassium carries sodium out o the body.  Experts said to have banana on salty days.  I hadnt known that.  Have a good night; Im throwing in the towel.

Swishypants

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 27, 2017, 02:13:10 AM
I notice that very few ever respond to your posts anymore. It must be lonely.  :'(

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DYzY7-V5vxY

I own one of these. It's in my man-cave. I'm going to push you into it one day and you're going to get stabbed all over by the tin. Very shallow but all over your fat body, so you look like the swole tampon you are when you get back up.

Jojo

Quote from: Swishypants on October 28, 2017, 05:16:35 AM

I own one of these. It's in my man-cave. I'm going to push you into it one day and you're going to get stabbed all over by the tin. Very shallow but all over your fat body, so you look like the swole tampon you are when you get back up.
Oh no, we are not slumming together.  But you do have a sunny side.

Jojo

What did i do for my nutritional health today?

1.  Postponed a meal and did not over-compensate.
2.  Relaxed after a horrible day yesterday.
3.  Kept stress down by de-escalating in person with a contrarian idiot.
5.  Reduced meal portions.
6.  Surveyed availability of utensils and food for the week.
7.  Ate lettuce and yogurt.
8.  Kept pain stress down with the basic stretches.
9.  Used the cherry-picker calesthenic.

Jojo

Quote from: Swishypants on October 28, 2017, 05:16:35 AM

Don't hate me because I'm beautiful!

Jojo

1.  Filled up with bran fiber in water.
2.  Tried to give away temptations someone left around.
3.  Did not look in cupboards to see where leftover Halloween candy ended up.
4.  Ate on time
5.  Napped.
6.  Kept dinner small ro compensate.

Jojo

1.  1 tsp olive oil
2.  Napped
3.  Ate breakfast.
4.  Got hungry!
5.  Got hungry again!
6.  Tried a new isometric exercise.
7.  Drank green tea.
8.  Stayed out of the kitchen and the 24/7 dessert buffet
9.  Stuck to half-caff.

Jojo

For health today:
1.  Ate breakfast
2.  Planned lunch
3.  Ate unadulterated fruit instead of chocolate
4.  Avoided the kitchen and 24/7 dessert buffet
5.  Ate lots of vegetables
6.  Put chocolate in a difficult-to-reach place
7.  Isometrics and stretches
8.  Turned off Coast when George went on about drinking to Barry.

Jojo

What I did for health today:
1.  Put the chocolate where I could not reach it without pain.
2.  Stopped at the first moment I got full twice.
3.  Acquired vegetables.
4.  Ate bran fiber.
5.  Considered a Squatty Potty and ried one device.
6.  Acquired enough protein.
7.  Got enough sleep.
8.  Kept all meals small.  So far.
9.  Acquired a jar to make sauerkraut.
10. Ate sourkraut and other probiotic foods.
11. Learned mustard is high in selenium!!!!!  And had some!