Author Topic: Sustainable Dieting and Health (Naps, Diet, Exercise)  (Read 23160 times)

Re: Sustainable Dieting and Health (Naps, Diet, Exercise)
« Reply #1110 on: May 10, 2019, 12:16:02 AM »
Thank you, boys.

Focusing on making better choices.  Once a choice is made, I know how far I can trust myself.  Most choice errors are made at the store.  If I can make good choices in the store, things are usually fine at home.  It's frustrating when a quart costs less than a pint, when housemate likes one flavor but I like another but having two flavors is not a wise option under any circumstances.  Less is more, for sure.

It's really hard to mount my exercise bike.  I don't think it goes nay lower, but I'll try.  I need to take some parts off to fit it in here better.  The backrest doesn't move, so I put a towel beneath it.

You know how you get sore after some exercise?  I don't know what's going on, but I've been getting unusual aches more like the "growing pains" all my siblings had when we were little, in the legs.  Sharp, isolated, usually a little broad, nerve-y, deep feeling pain that is not relieved with movement or a stretch at all.  Like one side of one calf.  Or one part of my back or sides. Groin.  Since I started physical therapy a few months ago.  Whether it's my calf, back, legs, arms or whatever.  Like last night, 30 minutes after a 10 min ride, I just cried out laying in bed when the outside of my left calf tried to kill me for a minute.  It's not a cramp or charlie horse.  More nerve-y than that.

The other night I laid down to sleep and after a few minutes out of the blue, all of the sudden, for no apparent reason, my foot cracked lengthwise down the center so loud I yelped!

« Reply #1111 on: May 13, 2019, 12:50:58 AM »
I'm HUNGRY!

« Reply #1112 on: May 13, 2019, 12:53:16 AM »
I'm HUNGRY!
Drink more water. Especially before meals. Kellog, I think, also had some claims about chewing a crazy amount of times before swallowing food and that would make you 'think' you are eating more and lead also to better digestion.

« Reply #1113 on: May 13, 2019, 08:44:01 PM »
Drink more water. Especially before meals. Kellog, I think, also had some claims about chewing a crazy amount of times before swallowing food and that would make you 'think' you are eating more and lead also to better digestion.
That's great.  Eating slowly is a wonderful thing!  Make it last!
But I'm still hungry.  I'll get some water.

« Reply #1114 on: May 14, 2019, 02:50:50 AM »
That's great.  Eating slowly is a wonderful thing!  Make it last!
But I'm still hungry.  I'll get some water.
Why don't you go on welfare?  Then  you could stockpile all the Ho-Ho's, Ding Dongs, Fritos and Top Ramen you could ever desire in cases underneath your bed. 

« Reply #1115 on: May 14, 2019, 03:15:15 AM »
Why don't you go on welfare?  Then  you could stockpile all the Ho-Ho's, Ding Dongs, Fritos and Top Ramen you could ever desire in cases underneath your bed.
Because I'm trying to make healthy choices, silly  ::)!  I do hope to marry someday and the 'twain will need to meet.  Can't have a bunch of gut in the way.

And I'd have to amputate a limb or something to qualify for welfare.

And too late; I already ate.  Not hungry anymore  :)

« Reply #1116 on: Today at 04:04:29 AM »
Because I'm trying to make healthy choices, silly  ::)!  I do hope to marry someday and the 'twain will need to meet.  Can't have a bunch of gut in the way.

And I'd have to amputate a limb or something to qualify for welfare.

And too late; I already ate.  Not hungry anymore  :).
Get pregnant.  Welfare express, here you come.

« Reply #1117 on: Today at 04:47:47 AM »
Get pregnant.  Welfare express, here you come.
Just a thought:  No one picks on women who surrogate for money, even though their pregnancy process is creepy and traumatic for many.  But they pick on pregnant women who need money, even though their pregnancy process is straightforward and natural.