Author Topic: Sustainable Dieting and Health (Naps, Diet, Exercise)  (Read 20047 times)

Re: Sustainable Dieting and Health (Naps, Diet, Exercise)
« Reply #1080 on: October 18, 2018, 01:26:37 AM »
wearing wedges on a weird foot.
Unit 14
That's fuckin' hilarious. Gee whiz, Helen.

« Reply #1081 on: February 20, 2019, 11:52:40 AM »

* BREAKFAST.jpg (467.01 kB)

https://cronometer.com/

I approve this web app. There are other utilities like it, but this one works right for me.

« Reply #1082 on: February 21, 2019, 10:23:08 PM »
Drinking inhuman amounts of scotch on a work night works for me.

« Reply #1083 on: February 22, 2019, 02:29:01 AM »

* BREAKFAST.jpg (467.01 kB)

https://cronometer.com/

I approve this web app. There are other utilities like it, but this one works right for me.
This is nice.  It includes weird foods like bran, molasses, rice, alternative milks, etc...  It was easy to use.  It included variations like "unsweetened, low salt" etc... so you really could enter what you ate accurately.  You can include portions of portions, like 1/3, 1/2, etc.  A really great website so far.

You can put in a variety of types of exercise.  If you don't know your walking speed, go to a school track and walk a mile.

Kind of surprised at the cholesterol total.  The system was smart enough to figure out the eggs in the cornbread.  Wow.  Between that and fish, I was sunk.  But lean poultry, peanut butter, and olive oil were cholesterol free.  What I learned from this is to go easy on bread (of course) and try to get lean meat/tofu.  I didn't have any cheese today (a miracle), but that probably would have put me way over the limit too.  Hmmm.  On the days I eat fish, beef, cheese, nuts, butter, or corn bread, then the meat will have to be lean like poultry, tofu or nuts (nuts are fat but they have no cholesterol according to the site).  No cheese on liver days!  I honestly hadn't realized that.

I also saw that my daily diet even with plenty of food eaten, actually does not include enough potassium.  My potassium levels have been low for a long time even though I take a vitamin.  So, I am working to include potassium rich substances and this chart gave me a reminder. 

The site lets you add or delete items.  If you add a new item it shows at the bottom of your list, so if you had almonds with your breakfast as well as at night, they will show up twice.  Pretty nifty.

« Reply #1085 on: February 28, 2019, 06:42:10 AM »

The basic nightmare.