• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Live Shooters Las Vegas Several Dead at Mandalay Bay

Started by chefist, October 01, 2017, 11:27:34 PM

GravitySucks

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on October 04, 2017, 12:32:10 PM

Exactly. No-one can look at the elephant in the room, and everyone has a different idea what the elephant actually looks like. "Something must be done" is a mantra we all hear, but on few occasions is anything changed apart from the date on the calendar.

Remember that the next time you lambast US citizens that want a wall built and immigration laws enforced. Illegal aliens have killed more than 59 people and injured more than 600 in the last year and we are tired if it. There is no right to illegal immigration and we expect those elected to office to enforce the laws they swore to uphold.

Is a wall the oerfect answer? No. But, combined with enforcing the current laws and deporting as many as practical, it is a step in the right direction.

Firearms is different in that there is a right guaranteed by the constitution. Reasonable gun control laws have been put in place. Background checks go along way but less than 1% of those turned down are ever investigated by the ATF for lying on the form. Every once in awhile something awful like this may happen again. It didn’t matter if he had 2 or 23 guns in that room. He could only fire one at a time.

There may be knee jerk reactions such as outlawing bump stocks and 100 round drum magazines, but you do not even know if he was using a bump stock, only that some of the guns in the room had them. Once those are outlawed, you will feel better and feel that something was accomplished. Until it happens again.

The gun laws in Europe are more restrictive than here and it doesn’t seem to stop determined criminals from getting their hands on fully automatic weapons and moving them across numerous borders.

Maybe a worldwide distribution of MDMA for a 3 day weekend is what we need.

Quote from: chefist on October 04, 2017, 12:43:20 PM
There is a certain well funded and vocal percentage of those on the left that want to completely repeal the 2nd. All guns from private citizens to be confiscated by the government.

Until I hear a majority on the left denounce this, i just don't see any common ground.

Right.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Billy Joe Mulgreavey on October 04, 2017, 12:38:24 PM
I admit, you have got a point there.  I only know about the little girl because my wife works with a gal who knows the family and has to miss work for the funeral.  It certainly wasn't On the news..at least I don't think it was.

You might remember the mass murder that happened in Dunblane, Scotland. That shook the UK like nothing else. The local hospital is very small and consequently they weren't geared up for something like that as it had never happened before. Local GP's dropped what they were doing and went with their own nurses to see what they could do with the children brought in. One of the doctors on duty had her own dead daughter brought in from an ambulance.

What is interesting about the LV shooting is Trump doesn't want to talk about an answer. He is very very keen to tweet before the bodies are cold when its a terrorist attack, even when he's wrong on the specifics he tweets. But on LV he offers platitudes, and no answers.

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 04, 2017, 12:46:41 PM
Remember that the next time you lambast US citizens that want a wall built and immigration laws enforced. Illegal aliens have killed more than 59 people and injured more than 600 in the last year and we are tired if it. There is no right to illegal immigration and we expect those elected to office to enforce the laws they swore to uphold.

Is a wall the oerfect answer? No. But, combined with enforcing the current laws and deporting as many as practical, it is a step in the right direction.

Firearms is different in that there is a right guaranteed by the constitution. Reasonable gun control laws have been put in place. Background checks go along way but less than 1% of those turned down are ever investigated by the ATF for lying on the form. Every once in awhile something awful like this may happen again. It didn’t matter if he had 2 or 23 guns in that room. He could only fire one at a time.

There may be knee jerk reactions such as outlawing bump stocks and 100 round drum magazines, but you do not even know if he was using a bump stock, only that some of the guns in the room had them. Once those are outlawed, you will feel better and feel that something was accomplished. Until it happens again.

The gun laws in Europe are more restrictive than here and it doesn’t seem to stop determined criminals from getting their hands on fully automatic weapons and moving them across numerous borders.

I still want to know how he feels about the Swiss having all those evil guns.

chefist

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on October 04, 2017, 12:48:27 PM

You might remember the mass murder that happened in Dunblane, Scotland. That shook the UK like nothing else. The local hospital is very small and consequently they weren't geared up for something like that as it had never happened before. Local GP's dropped what they were doing and went with their own nurses to see what they could do with the children brought in. One of the doctors on duty had her own dead daughter brought in from an ambulance.

What is interesting about the LV shooting is Trump doesn't want to talk about an answer. He is very very keen to tweet before the bodies are cold when its a terrorist attack, even when he's wrong on the specifics he tweets. But on LV he offers platitudes, and no answers.

Paddock was also a pilot. He could have rented a plane, loaded it with explosives, and crashed it into the crowd.

GravitySucks

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 04, 2017, 12:50:13 PM
I still want to know how he feels about the Swiss having all those evil guns.

He values the holes in his cheese. Don’t confuse him.

Zetaspeak

There is a certain well funded and vocal percentage of those on the left that want to completely repeal the 2nd. All guns from private citizens to be confiscated by the government.

Until I hear a majority on the left denounce this, i just don't see any common ground.

Seriously I think you hear what you want to hear. Sure maybe some want to remove all guns, but majority on the left either don't want that or know that is not a possibility. What I do hear if there's any sort of push buck on removing guns like the LV shooter was using which the sole purpose is mass casualties, the automatic response from the right is "But slippery slope!"

Yorkshire pud

The combined gun deaths in Europe are minute compared with the USA.

Look at the comparison chart if the western countries had the same population as the USA. Canada and Greece are the highest, but look how 'high'.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/14/upshot/compare-these-gun-death-rates-the-us-is-in-a-different-world.html

Gd5150

I'm sure their noble saviors say it everyday. But then they lie about everything everyday.

Those controlling what the leftwing lemmings think want all guns banned and confiscated because it empowers those in control. Guns will never be taken from those who break the law. Thus defeating the purpose. The lemmings just fall for what they're instructed to. It's not hard to do, they're incapable of independent thought.

The lefts ideas are so bad they don't sell themselves. They're so bad the politicians will no longer sell them. The left is now relying primarily on comedians to push their instructions. Kimmel, Tonight Show, Comedy Channel, HBO, Bill Maher, Daily Show, John Oliver, SNL, Samantha Bee, Chelsea Handler. I suppose it's appropriate as the left is the joke.

aldousburbank

I've been saying this since the early 80's when it was pure, and unscheduled. But of course society kneejerked it to scedule 1 and the rest is history- planes into buildings, drone wars, and gangsta rap. Recently there's been a crack in the edifice of tight ass stupidity as the FDfuckingA certified MDMA as a potential "breakthrough" therapeutic agent, particularly in the treatment of PTSD in vets. Yeah, caused by the trauma brought about by banning the antidote to reflexive fear/anger disorders. Fucks should have listened to me back then. Hear me now, thank me later.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Gd5150 on October 04, 2017, 12:57:09 PM
I'm sure their noble saviors say it everyday. But then they lie about everything everyday.

Those controlling what the leftwing lemmings think want all guns banned and confiscated because it empowers those in control. Guns will never be taken from those who break the law. Thus defeating the purpose. The lemmings just fall for what they're instructed to. It's not hard to do, they're incapable of independent thought.

The lefts ideas are so bad they don't sell themselves. They're so bad the politicians will no longer sell them. The left is now relying primarily on comedians to push their instructions. Kimmel, Tonight Show, Comedy Channel, HBO, Bill Maher, Daily Show, John Oliver, SNL, Samantha Bee, Chelsea Handler. I suppose it's appropriate as the left is the joke.

It would be even funnier if you got shot. You can tell the person who does it he had the right to carry a loaded firearm, he just fucked up when he sh.......Arrgghhhhhhhhhhh....  :-\

GravitySucks

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on October 04, 2017, 12:57:06 PM

Look at the comparison chart if the western countries had the same population as the USA. Canada and Greece are the highest, but look how 'high'.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/14/upshot/compare-these-gun-death-rates-the-us-is-in-a-different-world.html

Does your prenuptial agreement mandate that you stay here?  You can go back to Yorkshire if you feel safer there.

Quote from: Zetaspeak on October 04, 2017, 12:54:39 PM
Seriously I think you hear what you want to hear. Sure maybe some want to remove all guns, but majority on the left either don't want that or know that is not a possibility. What I do hear if there's any sort of push buck on removing guns like the LV shooter was using which the sole purpose is mass casualties, the automatic response from the right is "But slippery slope!"

I suggest to you that you aren't paying attention to politicians like Andrew Cuomo, Dianne Feinstein and Michael Bloomberg.  They have made their feelings clear.  I sympathize with the idea to remove the sort of weapons that can cause mass casualties but I fear that will never be enough for some people thus my hesitation to do anything.

Gd5150

2/3 of all gun deaths are by suicide. 1/2 of all suicides are by gun. This means there are more suicides than gun deaths. Therefore we should ban suicide too, right? The left wants to legalize suicide. God bless leftwing logic. 😂😂😂😂😄😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😄😄😄😄😄😄😄

Sorry Zeta, but isn't that a little hypocritical?  You say that "you hear what you want to hear," but you are selecting not to hear or acknowledge " slippery slope?'  It is a slippery slope when you want to ban certain guns based on capacity and stuff. 

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on October 04, 2017, 12:57:06 PM

Tell me about Switzerland.  What is their rate compared to the rest of Europe?

chefist

Automatic weapons are illegal for a reason.  He acquired them illegally, as would all criminals with ill intent. I suggest a visit to Mexico.

GravitySucks

Damn straight. Once you limit gun ownership to someone’s definition of what could be reasonable for hunting or sport, some left wing judge will say that there is no constitutional right to hunt or trap shoot.

Enforce the laws on the books today before you create any new ones. Deport all illegals. Prosecute everyone that lies on an ATF form. Imprison everyone that uses a firearm in the commission of a crime. Enforcing the law is the only deterrent.

GravitySucks

Quote from: chefist on October 04, 2017, 01:09:54 PM
Automatic weapons are illegal for a reason.  He acquired them illegally, as would all criminals with ill intent. I suggest a visit to Mexico.

Automatic weapons are not illegal. No more may be imported or manufactured, but existing ones are legal to own with the right ATF license.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 04, 2017, 01:08:20 PM
Tell me about Switzerland.  What is their rate compared to the rest of Europe?

Switzerland is different because its the law that every male (it might be adult now) has to join the militia (Switzerland doesn't have a full time army) so trains in the event of being needed. Consequently they are trained to military standards, with the discipline required. The crime rate in Switzerland is tiny, murder, almost unheard of.

aldousburbank

Quote from: Gd5150 on October 04, 2017, 01:03:56 PM
2/3 of all gun deaths are by suicide. 1/2 of all suicides are by gun. This means there are more suicides than gun deaths. Therefore we should ban suicide too, right? The left wants to legalize suicide. God bless leftwing logic. 😂😂😂😂😄😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😄😄😄😄😄😄😄

I propose a compromise. Mandatory suicide for anyone who shoots another except in cases of self defense.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on October 04, 2017, 01:12:23 PM

Switzerland is different because its the law that every male (it might be adult now) has to join the militia (Switzerland doesn't have a full time army) so trains in the event of being needed. Consequently they are trained to military standards, with the discipline required. The crime rate in Switzerland is tiny, murder, almost unheard of.

And what percentage of the population owns a gun?

GravitySucks

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 04, 2017, 01:13:49 PM

Does Kennesaw still require you to own a gun?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 04, 2017, 01:13:49 PM

Its pretty high, but as I said they're trained to use them, no-one can just 'own' a gun, they have to have a very rigorous check before they're allowed (Stricter than the UK from what I've been told). The rules in owning and using them (even for hunting) are very strict. And a transgression (Not killing or hurting anyone else) means removal of the weapons. As I say, its discipline.

Quote from: aldousburbank on October 04, 2017, 01:13:26 PM
I propose a compromise. Mandatory suicide for anyone who shoots another except in cases of self defense.

I'd prefer them to be electrocuted.  Nothing like the smell of burning flesh in the morning. ;D

Zetaspeak

Quote from: Billy Joe Mulgreavey on October 04, 2017, 01:07:13 PM
Sorry Zeta, but isn't that a little hypocritical?  You say that "you hear what you want to hear," but you are selecting not to hear or acknowledge " slippery slope?'  It is a slippery slope when you want to ban certain guns based on capacity and stuff.

But it doesn't have to be a slippery slope from banning guns with the capacity to banning every gun that can protect your home. In the past decade we have gone so much the other way, while at the same time mass shootings and body count records keep going up.

The argument of you will never stop a nut is true. But you can hopefully limit his  damage. A nut with a knife on the street can do just so much damage before hopefully being stopped. I guy with a pistol with 6 bullets before reloading can do damage but hopefully be stopped as he has to reload. As we seen in Vegas a guy that can shoot long range and spray bullets is a totally different ball game in damage capability

chefist

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 04, 2017, 01:11:33 PM
Automatic weapons are not illegal. No more may be imported or manufactured, but existing ones are legal to own with the right ATF license.

So Paddock had one of those? BS...

Swishypants

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on October 04, 2017, 01:17:34 PM

Its pretty high, but as I said they're trained to use them, no-one can just 'own' a gun, they have to have a very rigorous check before they're allowed (Stricter than the UK from what I've been told). The rules in owning and using them (even for hunting) are very strict. And a transgression (Not killing or hurting anyone else) means removal of the weapons. As I say, its discipline.

It's 98% Pud! But they are WHITE PEOPLE! Beautiful ones! Not like the ugly ass Yorks! You lack discipline.