• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Live Shooters Las Vegas Several Dead at Mandalay Bay

Started by chefist, October 01, 2017, 11:27:34 PM

GravitySucks

Quote from: Gd5150 on October 03, 2017, 11:38:54 AM
Don't work too well on automatic weapons. Which is what the shooter used, and are already illegal.

Those weren’t silencers. They are flash hiders.

I have a case of ammo in 5.56 that was South African surplus. It is manufactured with a special powder for low flash. I never checked to see if the US manufacturers a similar powder.

Zetaspeak

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on October 03, 2017, 11:38:57 AM
No-one has yet said that if everyone on the ground had been armed, they'd have been able to defend themselves. That's the problem that overlooks that as soon as the police turn up, and they see the shooting, they can see their potential target (so can everyone else with a gun). How will they know that someone with a gun isn't the original assassin? They shoot people who reach for a wallet or give them a funny look, so you're on dangerous ground if you're carrying a firearm in an area where gun fire is reported.

Man real great point. Not just police. What happens if Person A see's the guy at the building firing down and starts firing back (not sure how much good would that do) would Person B, lets say 20 feet away from Person A think that Person A was the original shooter as he see's him with his gun firing and starts shooting him..... And so on and so on and so on.

NRA mouthpiece John Lott was on Noory yesterday who's normal solution was if every "good folk" had a gun, this wouldn't happen. Was silent on that point last night

Quote from: Gd5150 on October 03, 2017, 11:38:54 AM
Don't work too well on automatic weapons. Which is what the shooter used, and are already illegal.

That's not a flash hider tho it's a muzzle brake. The pictures of the gun of the Liberal who did this did not have the usual A2 flash hider he had something else that looked more like a muzzle brake.

Quote from: Zetaspeak on October 03, 2017, 11:59:16 AM
Man real great point. Not just police. What happens if Person A see's the guy at the building firing down and starts firing back (not sure how much good would that do) would Person B, lets say 20 feet away from Person A think that Person A was the original shooter as he see's him with his gun firing and starts shooting him..... And so on and so on and so on.

NRA mouthpiece John Lott was on Noory yesterday who's normal solution was if every "good folk" had a gun, this wouldn't happen. Was silent on that point last night

I don't get you guys...I really don't.  NO ONE can possibly consider nor calculate all the facets and possible outcomes of a bad situation like that, or any other.  People carry guns in the event that they are in a situation where it would be advantageous for them to have one.  Do I really have to explain that to you? 

Juan

Police now say that shooter boy sent tens of thousands of dollars to the Philippines before the shooting.  Where in the Philippines is the girlfriend?

GravitySucks

Quote from: Juan on October 03, 2017, 12:08:27 PM
Police now say that shooter boy sent tens of thousands of dollars to the Philippines before the shooting.  Where in the Philippines is the girlfriend?
I read she is on her way back here.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: crescent fresh on October 03, 2017, 12:06:06 PM
That's not a flash hider tho it's a muzzle brake. The pictures of the gun of the Liberal who did this did not have the usual A2 flash hider he had something else that looked more like a muzzle brake.

Fortunately none liberal owned guns don't kill people. That's a relief.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 03, 2017, 12:10:12 PM
I read she is on her way back here.

Yes. The local sheriff said at first she was believed to be in Japan, but they clearly traced her to the Philippines.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Billy Joe Mulgreavey on October 03, 2017, 12:07:54 PM
I don't get you guys...I really don't.  NO ONE can possibly consider nor calculate all the facets and possible outcomes of a bad situation like that, or any other.  People carry guns in the event that they are in a situation where it would be advantageous for them to have one.  Do I really have to explain that to you?

The only person who it was advantageous to have a gun in the LV situation was the POS who murdered and injured all those people. And it seems most of what he owned was legally owned.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on October 03, 2017, 12:13:34 PM
The only person who it was advantageous to have a gun in the LV situation was the POS who murdered and injured all those people. And it seems most of what he owned was legally owned.

I don't disagree. 

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Billy Joe Mulgreavey on October 03, 2017, 12:17:22 PM
I don't disagree.

Then, what is to be done about it? Just accept it as one of those things until the next times?

albrecht

"Clark County Sheriff Joe Lombardo said. "She was not with [Paddock] when he checked in. We have discovered he was utilizing some of her identification." "
How does a older, bearded white dude "utilize" an id of a middle-aged Filipino woman?
https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/las-vegas-shooting/las-vegas-shooter-wired-100-000-philippines-last-week-n807141

Also, his brother claims the nutjob is a multimillionaire. Anyone have info on any will or details on who inherits?

It appears it is not only university students who need 'safe spaces' etc:
http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/10/03/usc-professor-detained-after-breakdown-led-to-active-shooter-scare-on-campus/
"According to Los Angeles Police Department Sgt. Mike Lopez, a female faculty member had a “breakdown” in Fertitta Hall and started yelling about an active shooter, which “caused everybody to panic.”"

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: albrecht on October 03, 2017, 12:20:22 PM
"Clark County Sheriff Joe Lombardo said. "She was not with [Paddock] when he checked in. We have discovered he was utilizing some of her identification." "
How does a older, bearded white dude "utilize" an id of a middle-aged Filipino woman?
https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/las-vegas-shooting/las-vegas-shooter-wired-100-000-philippines-last-week-n807141

Easy. No-one looks at a credit card, they just point to the machine to slide it into.

Also, his brother claims the nutjob is a multimillionaire. Anyone have info on any will or details on who inherits?

It appears it is not only university students who need 'safe spaces' etc:
http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/10/03/usc-professor-detained-after-breakdown-led-to-active-shooter-scare-on-campus/
"According to Los Angeles Police Department Sgt. Mike Lopez, a female faculty member had a “breakdown” in Fertitta Hall and started yelling about an active shooter, which “caused everybody to panic.”"

The POS who did the shooting had never broken the law. He wasn't even on social media. Good luck on getting a profile on that one.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on October 03, 2017, 12:20:03 PM

Then, what is to be done about it? Just accept it as one of those things until the next times?

What can be done about it, Pud?  It already freakin' happened.  Please don't construe this as downplaying a horrific tragedy, but bad shit happens to people every day.  It may not be as shocking and sickening as an event such as this, but bad stuff does occur.  Example:  My oldest son was a victim of the Chinese Melamine poisoning conspiracy a decade ago.  His health was adversely impacted, but thankfully, with proper medical care, he was able to overcome it.  Other young children and infants weren't so lucky.  Did they fix the problem?  Yes.  Did it stop other tainted food scandals from happening again?  No, it didn't.  Jesus Christ, Pud..people...innocent people... are harmed or killed everyday in this world by people with an agenda, or who are just plain evil and unfeeling.  Of course we accept it and move on..what the fuck else are we supposed to do? 

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Stellar on October 03, 2017, 12:34:26 PM
I knew there was more then one gunman pud!

We know you did. Good lad! How is the tie in with the Playdoughians, any angle yet?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Billy Joe Mulgreavey on October 03, 2017, 12:34:53 PM
What can be done about it, Pud?  It already freakin' happened.  Please don't construe this as downplaying a horrific tragedy, but bad shit happens to people every day.  It may not be as shocking and sickening as an event such as this, but bad stuff does occur.  Example:  My oldest son was a victim of the Chinese Melamine poisoning conspiracy a decade ago.  His health was adversely impacted, but thankfully, with proper medical care, he was able to overcome it.  Other young children and infants weren't so lucky.  Did they fix the problem?  Yes.  Did it stop other tainted food scandals from happening again?  No, it didn't.  Jesus Christ, Pud..people...innocent people... are harmed or killed everyday in this world by people with an agenda, or who are just plain evil and unfeeling.  Of course we accept it and move on..what the fuck else are we supposed to do?

I expect nothing. If another mass shooting happened with the same death and injury toll every day for the next year, nothing would be done. Even if it was involving the family and friends of everyone on this forum. But I guarantee if it was the family of members of the Senate or Congress, things would change. Then it would be much much more than 'bad stuff'.

Quote from: =Schlyder= on October 03, 2017, 12:36:49 PM
http://www.fox25boston.com/news/only-on-boston-25-exclusive-photos-of-las-vegas-shooters-guns/618716556
http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2017/10/02/iraq-war-veteran-helped-direct-cops-to-vegas-shooters-room/

hearing lots of stuff.... 16 transactions over $10k .....43 guns in the room now .... saw a photo of him after eating a bullet. some strange things about it.

This is the part I don't understand.  Every time there is an update, the number of guns goes up?  How does that work?  "oh, shit..we found six more in the shower!"  "There's two more under the table." 

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Billy Joe Mulgreavey on October 03, 2017, 12:41:44 PM
This is the part I don't understand.  Every time there is an update, the number of guns goes up?  How does that work?  "oh, shit..we found six more in the shower!"  "There's two more under the table."

No, its a misunderstanding. They found 23 in the room, and over 40 in total, including found in his home(s).

=Schlyder=

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on October 03, 2017, 12:42:15 PM

Nope...23 guns in his room. Taken in suitcases.

oh that's right... you were there.   ::)

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on October 03, 2017, 12:40:30 PM

I expect nothing. If another mass shooting happened with the same death and injury toll every day for the next year, nothing would be done. Even if it was involving the family and friends of everyone on this forum. But I guarantee if it was the family of members of the Senate or Congress, things would change. Then it would be much much more than 'bad stuff'.

I hear you, Pud.  I think all too often these things devolve into a theoretical tug-of-war.  Ultimately, we all have our own beliefs, biases, cultural influences, etc.  I for one, would like to see proper funding for mental health clinics and hospitals.  Where I live, things have been financially cut to the bone and proper mental health help isn't available on a consistent level.  I'd like to see better security and training for these types of events.  Vegas is a wealth city.  Can't security be beefed up for events such as this?  I don't know. 

=Schlyder=

In the photos I have seen.. there is a total of 3 firearms.. 2 rifles and a handgun.  If there was 23 rifles in that room, 90% of them were hiding. LOL

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: =Schlyder= on October 03, 2017, 12:46:19 PM
oh that's right... you were there.   ::)

Nope, neither were you. Just what was said on the new updates from the police. But I forgot, that's a conspiracy theory waiting to unfold, until the next conspiracy theory overturns it. Weird why police can't instantly know everything about a case isn't it? Why don't they just go on Youtube and watch CT videos and get the real truth (twenty versions).

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: =Schlyder= on October 03, 2017, 12:49:12 PM
In the photos I have seen.. there is a total of 3 firearms.. 2 rifles and a handgun.  If there was 23 rifles in that room, 90% of them were hiding. LOL

Yeah, they're called closets and under the bed hiding places...Crazy eh? ::)

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on October 03, 2017, 12:45:44 PM

No, its a misunderstanding. They found 23 in the room, and over 40 in total, including found in his home(s).

We need a man with journalistic integrity on the job to get us the accurate scoop.  We need.....

Stellar

The truth is out there pud, your acting like a shill again.

=Schlyder=

the rifles appeared to be AR15 style rifles... one had a bump stock and a supersize MAGAZINE, and a scope. LOL  no wonder he couldn't hit the floor with a bladder full of beer.
.... getting tired of morons calling magazines, "clips"  LOL