• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

This Is Exciting And Very Unsettling At The Same Time.

Started by starrmtn001, September 17, 2017, 01:40:11 PM

Yorkshire pud

I know a guy here in Sac who worked at Livermore labs. He worked on part of a project that made a flying camera the size of a mosquito. He told me it was a pretty compartmentalised project and therefore wasn't sure how it was powered (He thinks a microscopic lithium battery). But the 'muscles' that made the wings flap were made at molecular level. The 'eye' was the camera lens. And the sobering thing? He worked there back in the 90's.

starrmtn001

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on September 17, 2017, 02:37:40 PM
I know a guy here in Sac who worked at Livermore labs. He worked on part of a project that made a flying camera the size of a mosquito. He told me it was a pretty compartmentalised project and therefore wasn't sure how it was powered (He thinks a microscopic lithium battery). But the 'muscles' that made the wings flap were made at molecular level. The 'eye' was the camera lens. And the sobering thing? He worked there back in the 90's.
Which begs the questions.  How much do we really know?  How far have we really gone, at this point?

Cool post.  Thank you, YP.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: starrmtn001 on September 17, 2017, 03:37:46 PM
Which begs the questions.  How much do we really know?  How far have we really gone, at this point?

Cool post.  Thank you, YP.

He knows guys working on top secret projects at Livermore. He recently married to become a citizen. Told you he was MI6.  ::)

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on September 17, 2017, 04:39:29 PM
He knows guys working on top secret projects at Livermore. He recently married to become a citizen. Told you he was MI6.  ::)