• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Hurricane Harvey

Started by albrecht, August 24, 2017, 11:59:10 AM

Dr. MD MD

Estimated cost of hurricane: 8 billion dollars. The country's most expensive "natural" disaster. Proof that George Soros is in control of the HAARP machine?  ???

Up All Night

I suggest any and all take a look at this WSJ article:

After three floods in three years, Meyerland, built on former rice fields, a thriving community of 2,300 homes, weighs deep ties against risks of rebuilding

https://www.wsj.com/articles/flooded-again-a-houston-neighborhood-faces-a-wrenching-choice-1504287854

After Katrina, Louisiana officials tried to tell flooded homeowners not to rebuild in some areas, but the instructions were ignored.

In the case of Meyerland, Mr. Bedient said the government should buy out thrice-flooded homeowners and use the land to create more detention ponds and widen storm channels. Farther upstream, at least three new reservoirs should be constructed west of Houston, and the existing two reservoirs, which were built in the 1940s and which engineers say could be at risk of failing, should be upgraded, he said.

"If they don’t increase the height or the depth of the bayou, it’s just going to happen again."

In the article's Comment section, most are saying don't rebuild in what is now *not* at 100 year floodplain.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on September 02, 2017, 05:06:23 AM
Estimated cost of hurricane: 8 billion dollars. The country's most expensive "natural" disaster. Proof that George Soros is in control of the HAARP machine?  ???

I suggest instead of posting your idiotic conspiracy theoies, you crawl out of the basement and get your lazy ass down to Texas and help them rescue people.

Gd5150

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on September 02, 2017, 05:06:23 AM
Estimated cost of hurricane: 8 billion dollars.

I heard 150 billion. Sounds like someone been doing Clinton math.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on September 02, 2017, 08:08:24 AM
I suggest instead of posting your idiotic conspiracy theoies, you crawl out of the basement and get your lazy ass down to Texas and help them rescue people.

Idiotic conspiracy theories?! You mean how the royal family are really Nazis? Oh wait. No, that's true.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Gd5150 on September 02, 2017, 08:10:55 AM
I heard 150 billion. Sounds like someone been doing Clinton math.

Fox news...so these days maybe.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on September 02, 2017, 08:12:04 AM
Idiotic conspiracy theories?! You mean how the royal family are really Nazis? Oh wait. No, that's true.

Go back to 9/11, Haarp and chem trails. Its easier for you.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on September 02, 2017, 08:15:25 AM
Go back to 9/11, Haarp and chem trails. Its easier for you.

You're the easiest.  ;)

Jackstar

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on September 02, 2017, 08:08:24 AM
instead of posting your idiotic conspiracy theoies

What do detectives do?

Up All Night

http://freebeacon.com/blog/exclusive-espn-orders-broadcasters-not-to-say-matt-harvey-during-astros-game/

he Washington Free Beacon has obtained an exclusive memo from an ESPN executive instructing broadcasters on how to avoid embarrassing memes and political sensitivities associated with Matt Harvey's upcoming start in Houston.

To: BulsterOlney; DanSchulman; JessicaMendoza; R*****Lee; AaronBoone

BCC: Rob Manfred

Date: August 31, 2017

Subject: Revised Styleguide for Mets-Astros 9/2

The return of baseball to the Astrodome on Saturday is going to be one of the most widely watched and inspiring games of the season. We're expecting big numbers, but that comes with even bigger scrutiny given the events of the past week. The path we walk is filled with peril if we are not careful. The Mets have not made things any easier for us. Despite extensive lobbying from myself, Mr. Skipper, and Commissioner Manfred, the front office insists on starting Matt Harvey against the Astros on Saturday.

We are going to have to make adjustments so as to avoid the potential of internet memes, outraged petitions, and black-masked anarchists amassing in Bristol. Below is a revised style guide compiled after synergizing with our diversity consultants over at Precision Representation Strategies, LLC and our legal guys at Irend, McGar, Mentz & Howell. They have helpfully given us a list of words that must NOT be used during Saturday's broadcast, as well as some suggestions for making our baseball broadcasts more inclusive moving forward. PRS also supplied an example of dialogue to show you how to work around these issues.

Don’t let us down.

-Connor

Connor Schell

Executive Vice President of Content

ESPN

Please avoid for the Houston-NY Game:

Matt Harvey: This goes without saying.

Devastating, Overpower, Overwhelm, Flood, Power Pitcher: IBID

Swept: IBID
    Home, Home run, Home plate umpire: Could trigger those who lost homes to the flooding

Safe: People in this city may not feel this way

Radar Gun Readings: We recommend not using the pitch or exit velocity trackers during this game in the event that one of those readings matches windspeeds from the Hurricane (between 80-130 mph)

Brandon Nimmo: although it is pronounced with a soft i a broadcaster could easily slip and say Nemo, reminding everybody of an underwater vesselâ€"or city

Houston: This city is named after a 19th century white male. We're assuming he fought for the Confederacy. Treat it as a reverse Washington Football Team.

Ruben Carter: in the off chance the conversation somehow turns to the wrongfully imprisoned middleweight boxer, DO NOT refer to him by his nickname.

Wall: This city has a large Latino population.

Rebuild: We are aware that the Mets will have to reassemble their roster following this woeful season, but their plight pales in comparison to that of this city.

Quote from: Up All Night on September 02, 2017, 05:02:32 PM
http://freebeacon.com/blog/exclusive-espn-orders-broadcasters-not-to-say-matt-harvey-during-astros-game/

he Washington Free Beacon has obtained an exclusive memo from an ESPN executive instructing broadcasters on how to avoid embarrassing memes and political sensitivities associated with Matt Harvey's upcoming start in Houston.

To: BulsterOlney; DanSchulman; JessicaMendoza; R*****Lee; AaronBoone

BCC: Rob Manfred

Date: August 31, 2017

Subject: Revised Styleguide for Mets-Astros 9/2

The return of baseball to the Astrodome on Saturday is going to be one of the most widely watched and inspiring games of the season. We're expecting big numbers, but that comes with even bigger scrutiny given the events of the past week. The path we walk is filled with peril if we are not careful. The Mets have not made things any easier for us. Despite extensive lobbying from myself, Mr. Skipper, and Commissioner Manfred, the front office insists on starting Matt Harvey against the Astros on Saturday.

We are going to have to make adjustments so as to avoid the potential of internet memes, outraged petitions, and black-masked anarchists amassing in Bristol. Below is a revised style guide compiled after synergizing with our diversity consultants over at Precision Representation Strategies, LLC and our legal guys at Irend, McGar, Mentz & Howell. They have helpfully given us a list of words that must NOT be used during Saturday's broadcast, as well as some suggestions for making our baseball broadcasts more inclusive moving forward. PRS also supplied an example of dialogue to show you how to work around these issues.

Don’t let us down.

-Connor

Connor Schell

Executive Vice President of Content

ESPN

Please avoid for the Houston-NY Game:

Matt Harvey: This goes without saying.

Devastating, Overpower, Overwhelm, Flood, Power Pitcher: IBID

Swept: IBID
    Home, Home run, Home plate umpire: Could trigger those who lost homes to the flooding

Safe: People in this city may not feel this way

Radar Gun Readings: We recommend not using the pitch or exit velocity trackers during this game in the event that one of those readings matches windspeeds from the Hurricane (between 80-130 mph)

Brandon Nimmo: although it is pronounced with a soft i a broadcaster could easily slip and say Nemo, reminding everybody of an underwater vesselâ€"or city

Houston: This city is named after a 19th century white male. We're assuming he fought for the Confederacy. Treat it as a reverse Washington Football Team.

Ruben Carter: in the off chance the conversation somehow turns to the wrongfully imprisoned middleweight boxer, DO NOT refer to him by his nickname.

Wall: This city has a large Latino population.

Rebuild: We are aware that the Mets will have to reassemble their roster following this woeful season, but their plight pales in comparison to that of this city.

What a bunch of pansies!  ::)

Quote from: 21st Century Man on September 02, 2017, 06:26:18 PM
What a bunch of pansies!  ::)

At my Houston home, I had a beautiful garden full of flowers, including pansies you insensitive bastard!

Quote from: Billy Joe Mulgreavey on September 02, 2017, 06:47:16 PM
At my Houston home, I had a beautiful garden full of flowers, including pansies you insensitive bastard!

LOL.  Now I have to be culturally sensitive about a bunch of flowers.  ROTF!  Though I suppose that was wrong of me to compare the effeminate SJW's at ESPN to flowers.  How insulting to the flowers! My apologies.  :-*

Hog

A Canadian C-130 Herc  just delivered a load of baby food and cribs.  Hope it helps some kiddies.

peace
Hog

GravitySucks

Quote from: Hog on September 03, 2017, 08:36:40 PM
A Canadian C-130 Herc  just delivered a load of baby food and cribs.  Hope it helps some kiddies.

peace
Hog

Peace Hog

albrecht

Quote from: GravitySucks on September 03, 2017, 09:05:37 PM
Peace Hog
Brother said mayor had press conference or update and said only 26 homes now with water. He says in his neighborhood alone (Memorial/Stratford HS) area there are more than that. He still can't get in to even assess damage. Sucks. Luckily he and family got out but it shows that the hurricane and floods hit everyone, not just poor neighborhoods.
Some good stories. I love HEB and Whataburger because they always help out, give to local schools, charities, etc.
http://food.blog.austin360.com/2017/08/30/texans-always-love-h-e-b-but-especially-after-hurricane-harvey/

http://www.statesman.com/news/watch-new-york-first-responder-eats-whataburger-for-the-first-time-and-loves/ALlUOEnJVDgC2c9KASqi9K/

ps: GS, schadenfreude maybe, but I like watching this UCLA come-back. Wow. We're all Texans and will help each other out but rivalries on the field still remain. And I hate UCLA.

albrecht

What is it recently with all of these "stand down" orders and "don't show up for work" deals with firefighters and police? For riots, emergencies, floods etc they are told to "not come into work" or "stand down" or "don't interfere? Let rioters burn places, attack people, block traffic, loot, and now even don't turn up to work and help rescue people during a major hurricane and flood? It is weird.
~3,000 firefighters told to stay home during the height of the flooding.
http://www.statesman.com/news/local/union-thousands-firefighters-didn-work-during-harvey/vAuNHhH78Yw4qcVOJKW7WO/

K_Dubb

Quote from: albrecht on September 16, 2017, 05:48:08 PM
What is it recently with all of these "stand down" orders and "don't show up for work" deals with firefighters and police? For riots, emergencies, floods etc they are told to "not come into work" or "stand down" or "don't interfere? Let rioters burn places, attack people, block traffic, loot, and now even don't turn up to work and help rescue people during a major hurricane and flood? It is weird.
http://www.statesman.com/news/local/union-thousands-firefighters-didn-work-during-harvey/vAuNHhH78Yw4qcVOJKW7WO/

I wonder if it is the same motivation as that behind several announcements I heard during Irma, that no response to any emergency would be dispatched once the wind speed exceeded 40mph.  I am sure this was done to scare people into evacuating, but I can't help but recall brig's comment about public servants turning, at least semantically, into authorities and officials.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: albrecht on September 16, 2017, 05:48:08 PM

Deep state destablilization program. Just softening us up for the NWO.  ;)

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on September 16, 2017, 06:54:59 PM
I wonder if it is the same motivation as that behind several announcements I heard during Irma, that no response to any emergency would be dispatched once the wind speed exceeded 40mph.  I am sure this was done to scare people into evacuating, but I can't help but recall brig's comment about public servants turning, at least semantically, into authorities and officials.
A neighbor was the fire marshall and before we've talked and said that flood rescues are specialized operations with special training 'first responders' of various departments. But this was not during the actual "storm" situation and, at some point, I would think any public servant would be called in to help- even if is just loading supplies, moving sandbags, assessing people's health, or, yes, rescuing people. The so-called "civilians" (I somehow missed that now firefighters and police are not civilians but a part of the military the way the government talks) brought out their own boats- even famously from border states (Cajun Navy-) but fire-fighters were told to stay home? And in some of these cases people were not told to evacuate. Don't evacuate AND tell fire-fighters not to show for work?  :o

And this has been going on for years. Baltimore riots the city officials told police to "stand down" and even let them tear up stuff, Ferguson, today in St. Louis, etc. The various "protests" allowing fights between militant groups or even just people praying etc?

albrecht

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on September 16, 2017, 06:55:42 PM
Deep state destablilization program. Just softening us up for the NWO.  ;)
I wonder how the Harvey response (especially by the people and neighbors) matched up against the metrics and analysis gained from Jade Helm? I suspect they might need to 'look into' private boat, "monster truck," and tractor ownership and seek further Balkanization of the populace based on race, income, ethnicity, religion, etc because people, of all kinds, were still helping each other out too much- even if fire-fighters were told to not work.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: albrecht on September 16, 2017, 07:49:19 PM
I wonder how the Harvey response (especially by the people and neighbors) matched up against the metrics and analysis gained from Jade Helm? I suspect they might need to 'look into' private boat, "monster truck," and tractor ownership and seek further Balkanization of the populace based on race, income, ethnicity, religion, etc because people, of all kinds, were still helping each other out too much- even if fire-fighters were told to not work.