• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Hurricane Harvey

Started by albrecht, August 24, 2017, 11:59:10 AM

Yorkshire pud

This is heartbreaking. I hope the billions that will be needed to rebuild lives will be made available.

<Harvey: Too poor to flee the hurricane - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-41065335

GravitySucks

Ok. I have had enough. Get Art to do a mind consciousness event. STAT.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: GravitySucks on August 27, 2017, 07:58:18 AM
Ok. I have had enough. Get Art to do a mind consciousness event. STAT.

Stay safe you daft bastard. The stalker won't let Bell do any of that shit. Try Heather?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on August 27, 2017, 07:43:04 AM
This is heartbreaking. I hope the billions that will be needed to rebuild lives will be made available.

<Harvey: Too poor to flee the hurricane - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-41065335

The queen could always donate some her money. She's loaded!  ???

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on August 27, 2017, 08:13:52 AM
The queen could always donate some her money. She's loaded!  ???

Go fuck yourself. You can't help yourself can you?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on August 27, 2017, 09:10:01 AM

You're pathetic. Go and die, because you'd be useless trying to help in Texas.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on August 27, 2017, 09:46:07 AM
You're pathetic. Go and die, because you'd be useless trying to help in Texas.

Oh, I don't know about that. I bet I gave a few of them a good laugh at a time when it's probably much needed. DIAF!  :-*

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on August 27, 2017, 09:52:18 AM
Oh, I don't know about that. I bet I gave a few of them a good laugh at a time when it's probably much needed. DIAF!  :-*

Keep your money.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Jackstar on August 27, 2017, 10:31:01 AM

Obvious geopolitical spin is obvious.

That's only your opinion Michelle. Didn't you watch the eclipse in sunny Seattle?  ;)

Lt.Uhura

Wow. Sad that folks would politicize a natural disaster and pick on the poor. My impoverished mother who survived the Great Depression (in Texas) always said it was harder on the folks with money--they had more to lose. Thoughts and prayers to all Texans affected by the storm, rich and poor.

albrecht

No problems here yet just rain and rain but close by some floods. Bastrop getting it hard as well as Houston area because storm has just stopped and dumping rain. Rock Port really bad hit from storm. Talking to guy from there last night watching fight and he was showing me photos and vids folks who got back took. Crazy. Boat on a former house, etc. He heading down today with more supplies. Oddly some people near by Port O'Connor aren't that concerned and requested stuff to bbq, beer, gas and propane, etc.  But taking it like a camp out. The flooding is the issue now and it is bad in places and takes a long time to drain due to land conditions and storm surge and then the clean-up mess.

Jackstar

Quote from: albrecht on August 27, 2017, 11:09:12 AM
Rock Port really bad hit from storm.

If only there were a more geologically sound and even poorer community this thing could have been steered into. Someone might have written a ballad.

albrecht

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on August 27, 2017, 11:04:28 AM
Wow. Sad that folks would politicize a natural disaster and pick on the poor. My impoverished mother who survived the Great Depression (in Texas) always said it was harder on the folks with money--they had more to lose. Thoughts and prayers to all Texans affected by the storm, rich and poor.
Thanks, I can tell you it is hitting everyone, not just poor people (though often, especially homeless, will have less resources, no homeowners/flood insurance, no relatives to go to, etc.)  Cousin said former neighbor (they recently moved to W.Coast) got her family (and Great Dane ha) evacuated by police boat in Memorial area and my brother says (he on higher, being Htown not high, ground) in same neighborhood and has 6" of water in house. Sucks. But apparently the airport and roads is now open because he got back last night after flight delays.

albrecht

Quote from: Jackstar on August 27, 2017, 11:13:34 AM

If only there were a more geologically sound and even poorer community this thing could have been steered into. Someone might have written a ballad.
While there are condos and vacation homes now most locals in that region are not the 'rich' types. Shrimpers (a surprising number of Vietnamese- remember the 'controversy' and then movie?), fishermen, ranchers, farmers, etc.

Quote from: albrecht on August 27, 2017, 11:17:07 AM
Thanks, I can tell you it is hitting everyone, not just poor people (though often, especially homeless, will have less resources, no homeowners/flood insurance, no relatives to go to, etc.)  Cousin said former neighbor (they recently moved to W.Coast) got her family (and Great Dane ha) evacuated by police boat in Memorial area and my brother says (he on higher, being Htown not high, ground) in same neighborhood and has 6" of water in house. Sucks. But apparently the airport and roads is now open because he got back last night after flight delays.

Woo-hoo!  Harvey has now sped up to a blistering 2 mph whilst moving towards the South/SouthEast.  It is centered 35 miles West/Northwest of Victoria,TX so if the track continues, Victoria will be at the center of circulation  tomorrow around 9-10 AM. ::)

I also want to add my 2 cents and say this is not something to get political about.  Save it for the political threads.

albrecht

Quote from: 21st Century Man on August 27, 2017, 11:24:28 AM
Woo-hoo!  Harvey has now sped up to a blistering 2 mph whilst moving towards the South/SouthEast.  It is centered 35 miles West/Northwest of Victoria so if the track continues, Victoria will be at the center of circulation  tomorrow around 9-10 AM.

I also want to add my 2 cents and say this is not something to get political about.  Save it for the political threads.
Some neighborhoods in Victoria already really hit bad by flooding from rain, Guadalupe, etc. I also wonder about their "zoo." I recall a big flood in the late 90's animals escaped or drowned.

Jackstar

this is not something to get political about.  Save it for the political threads.

You keep using that word. I do not think you know what it means.

Quote from: albrecht on August 27, 2017, 11:19:50 AM
a surprising number of Vietnamese

Where else but in the U.S. but the Gulf of Mexico, can they get that sweet taste of petrochemical-laden shellfish, like they do back home?

albrecht

Quote from: Jackstar on August 27, 2017, 11:47:07 AM
Where else but in the U.S. but the Gulf of Mexico, can they get that sweet taste of petrochemical-laden shellfish, like they do back home?
I gotta give credit for that comment. Hilarious, and true. I've always wondered, and shook my head, fishing or crabbing when you see buoys with signage about not eating shellfish or fish from this area. Like they can tell or that there is some barrier that says "ok here to eat but not a foot on that side" or "bad fish don't swim past this line."
ps: who knows what is going on the with plants (Formosa, Dow, etc) or the South Texas Nuclear Project with all the floods? And the various refineries and pipelines towards the north?

Brother's place now 4ft under and roads all flooded. Car and truck flooded. He's in airboat checking it out. Sucks. Roads and highways shut down so trying to figure how to evacuate. Family all fine but sucks big time.

Jackstar

Quote from: albrecht on August 27, 2017, 12:07:04 PM
I've always wondered, and shook my head, fishing or crabbing when you see buoys with signage about not eating shellfish or fish from this area. Like they can tell or that there is some barrier that says "ok here to eat but not a foot on that side" or "bad fish don't swim past this line."

For biotoxins, it's largely a matter of what seafood can be consumed raw. Shellfish don't travel all that much and only do under certain circumstances, and waters can be tested for pathological contaminants, which themselves only become dispersed under certain circumstances. There's lots of organisms in seawater than can kill you dead, but are completely harmless when cooked.

Out in Puget Sound, there are beaches that are posted "gather and consume raw seafood at your own risk," and there are other areas, closer (or in the path of current) to industrial harbors, with posts that are much more ominous, along the lines of "don't even touch any lifeforms you might find here."

For petrochemical pollution, the location of the signage is largely a matter of bribery.

ps: who knows what is going on the with plants (Formosa, Dow, etc) or the South Texas Nuclear Project with all the floods? And the various refineries and pipelines towards the north?

Dr. MD MD

Woo-hoo!  Harvey has now sped up to a blistering 2 mph whilst moving towards the South/SouthEast.  It is centered 35 miles West/Northwest of Victoria,TX so if the track continues, Victoria will be at the center of circulation  tomorrow around 9-10 AM. ::)

Why don't you just add and keep watching CNN too?!  ::)

What I wrote was a joke and the only ones who are taking it differently are Trump traumatized zealots like Uhara who try to spin EVERYTHING political. GET OVER YOURSELVES SNOWFLAKES!!!  ::) ::) ::)

P.S. I hope the next hurricane hits where you live.  :-*

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on August 27, 2017, 01:02:32 PM

If there is a god, you'll have been bitten by a Vine snake by then. You'll love how your organs and pretty much everything else turns to mush as you live through it. It takes six months to the end.  ;)

Jackstar

Brother's place now 4ft under and roads all flooded. Car and truck flooded. He's in airboat checking it out. Sucks. Roads and highways shut down so trying to figure how to evacuate. Family all fine but sucks big time.

Still, superior to a Clinton presidency.

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on August 27, 2017, 01:02:32 PM

This is why you're not allowed in the scalar weapons control room.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on August 27, 2017, 01:05:50 PM
If there is a god, you'll have been bitten by a Vine snake by then. You'll love how your organs and pretty much everything else turns to mush as you live through it. It takes six months to the end.  ;)

And I hope the queen takes such a gigantic shit on you that you're suffocated and sealed in a sarcophagus of royal shit.  :-*

Jackstar

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on August 27, 2017, 01:07:50 PM
I hope the queen takes such a gigantic shit on you

Yeah--that's Monday.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bank_holiday

QuoteUnder the Banking and Financial Dealings Act 1971, bank holidays are proclaimed each year by the legal device of a royal proclamation. Royal proclamation is also used to move bank holidays that would otherwise fall on a weekend. In this way, public holidays are not 'lost' in years when they coincide with weekends. These deferred bank holiday days are termed a 'bank holiday in lieu' of the typical anniversary date. In the legislation they are known as 'substitute days'.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/bank-holidays-are-outdated-inconvenient-and-miserable-time-to-scrap-them-a7211681.html

"outdated, inconvenient, & miserable"
... on any given day, do they even know the difference?

Yorkshire pud

Just watching scenes outside the only gas station open in Victoria..Has to be over a 100 vehicles queuing up...And it doesn't stop the ones filling up, filling up anything they can..Looking out for each other it seems. 'I'm alright Jack" They have to ration it surely?  >:(

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on August 27, 2017, 01:36:02 PM
Just watching scenes outside the only gas station open in Victoria..Has to be over a 100 vehicles queuing up...And it doesn't stop the ones filling up, filling up anything they can..Looking out for each other it seems. 'I'm alright Jack" They have to ration it surely?  >:(

Any opportunity to virtue signal.  ::)

I'm shameless for trying to provide a little levity but it's OK for this asshole to try to SJW a gas station after a hurricane.  ::) ::)