• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Hurricane Harvey

Started by albrecht, August 24, 2017, 11:59:10 AM

Jackstar

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on August 27, 2017, 01:36:02 PM
They have to ration it surely?

It's perfectly clear that you have absolutely no idea, how big Texas actually is.

the only gas station open in Victoria

What an interesting place for you to be getting updates about. How droll.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on August 27, 2017, 01:40:25 PM
Any opportunity to virtue signal.  ::)

I'm shameless for trying to provide a little levity but it's OK for this asshole to try to SJW a gas station after a hurricane.  ::) ::)

I don't know what SJW means..and I wasn't having a go at the gas station, but the selfish assholes who couldn't care less about those waiting in the queue. Which side are you on Barbie?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Jackstar on August 27, 2017, 01:42:17 PM

What an interesting place for you to be getting updates about. How droll.

Because people queue up for hours at one gas station when others are open just for kicks...Yeah Michelle. ::)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on August 27, 2017, 01:44:14 PM

I don't know what SJW means..and I wasn't having a go at the gas station, but the selfish assholes who couldn't care less about those waiting in the queue. Which side are you on Barbie?

Yes, like I said, any opportunity to virtue signal. Now that you've let the other good people know you're one of the good ones too I'm sure you feel much better. Pathetic.  ::)

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on August 27, 2017, 01:02:32 PM
Why don't you just add and keep watching CNN too?!  ::)

What I wrote was a joke and the only ones who are taking it differently are Trump traumatized zealots like Uhara who try to spin EVERYTHING political. GET OVER YOURSELVES SNOWFLAKES!!!  ::) ::) ::)

P.S. I hope the next hurricane hits where you live.  :-*

I was talking in general about those who are making it a political issue.  I wasn't focusing on you.  Can we just talk about the tropical storm now and leave the politics for later?

Jackstar

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on August 27, 2017, 01:46:35 PM
Because people queue up for hours at one gas station when others are open just for kicks...

What I really love about cock rings is that they have been around forever. While there isn’t really an exact point of when the cock ring became a well-known toy, the first cock rings have been said to have been found at ancient Greek sites, which, you know, quelle surprise (I love my kinky ancestors). However,  the period in which they are first documented is during China’s Jin Dynasty, gaining popularity during the Song and Ming dynasty. Cock rings became quasi-status symbols, much like the intended effect of middle-aged men buying fancy cars in our day and age. While this in and of itself is a hilarious notion (one that has been best described by one of my favorite queens, Pandora Boxx). Cock rings have been made with everything under the sun, from jade and ivory to animal skins (mmm, goat eyelids), and today’s more preferred materials of steel, silicon, rubber, and plastic. Cock rings continued in their purpose of enhancement and satisfaction until everyone’s favorite age, the Victorian era, came along and cock rings became a device to actually reduce urges and erections â€" most commonly as a spiky or uncomfortable feeling ring put around young boys’ and men’s (yes, young boys’ and men’s) cocks to make having an erection feel awful. Don’t you love how contradictory the Victorian age was?

Nothing's changed.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on August 27, 2017, 01:46:35 PM
...Yeah Michelle. ::)

Quote from: 21st Century Man on August 27, 2017, 02:35:33 PM
Can we just talk about the tropical storm now and leave the politics for later?

It's adorable how you still cling to your outmoded beliefs.

ItsOver

Just watching scenes outside the only gas station open in Victoria..Has to be over a 100 vehicles queuing up...And it doesn't stop the ones filling up, filling up anything they can..Looking out for each other it seems. 'I'm alright Jack" They have to ration it surely?  >:(
People are reminded to fill their tanks, along with other usual prep, such as making sure you have plenty of water, etc., as soon as something like this appears to be a threat.  The power may go out, as well, so even if stations have fuel, they may not be able to pump it.  I don't recall rationing since the fuel shortage days of Jimmy Carter.

I've lived this many times before and am living it again.  Be prepared or be prepared to suffer the consequences.  Life can be a bitch.

Up All Night

Houston schools and offices will stay closed, and are expected to reopen at their regularly scheduled time on Tuesday, Sept. 5. Which may still be optimistic.

The Houston NFL team couldn't land in Houston, so they are here in Dallas, and may likely stay here, and play their pre-season game with Dallas in Dallas this coming weekend, instead of in Houston, where it was originally scheduled.

KHOU CH 11, the CBS affiliate, is off the air. Their studios have become flooded and are now evacuated.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on August 27, 2017, 02:35:33 PM
I was talking in general about those who are making it a political issue.  I wasn't focusing on you.  Can we just talk about the tropical storm now and leave the politics for later?

I'm still not sure what you're talking about. If you want to talk about the hurricane then do so. No one's stopping you.

Up All Night

Houston Told People to Stay for Harvey, Now They Can't Get Out

When the governor called for evacuation week, the response was: ‘local officials know best.’ Now 911 is jammed, waters are rising, and it's about to get worse.

AUSTIN, Texas â€" Houston is slowly being submerged by a natural disaster some are saying could now rival Hurricane Katrina. Even after two feet of rain in 24 hours, Tropical Storm Harvey shows no sign of letting up until Wednesday at the earliest.

When the storm previously known as Hurricane Harvey made landfall on Friday, it was the strongest storm to batter the U.S. coast in 13 years. The National Weather Service said on Sunday afternoon that the flooding is “unprecedented,” adding "all impacts are unknown and beyond anything experienced." FEMA administrator Brock Long said Sunday, “FEMA is going to be there for years. This disaster is going to be a landmark event."

Two days ago, Texas Gov. Greg Abbott told Houston residents that even in the absence of an official evacuation order “you need to strongly consider evacuating.”

But there was immediate pushback from Houston officials who said they knew better.

Harris County’s emergency management spokesperson, Francisco Sanchez, responded to Abbott’s suggestion on Twitter this way:

“Local officials know best. Houston has no evacuation order. In Harris County: very limited to select communities. LOCAL LEADERS KNOW BEST.”

chefist

Quote from: Up All Night on August 27, 2017, 03:13:20 PM
Houston Told People to Stay for Harvey, Now They Can't Get Out

When the governor called for evacuation week, the response was: ‘local officials know best.’ Now 911 is jammed, waters are rising, and it's about to get worse.

AUSTIN, Texas â€" Houston is slowly being submerged by a natural disaster some are saying could now rival Hurricane Katrina. Even after two feet of rain in 24 hours, Tropical Storm Harvey shows no sign of letting up until Wednesday at the earliest.

When the storm previously known as Hurricane Harvey made landfall on Friday, it was the strongest storm to batter the U.S. coast in 13 years. The National Weather Service said on Sunday afternoon that the flooding is “unprecedented,” adding "all impacts are unknown and beyond anything experienced." FEMA administrator Brock Long said Sunday, “FEMA is going to be there for years. This disaster is going to be a landmark event."

Two days ago, Texas Gov. Greg Abbott told Houston residents that even in the absence of an official evacuation order “you need to strongly consider evacuating.”

But there was immediate pushback from Houston officials who said they knew better.

Harris County’s emergency management spokesperson, Francisco Sanchez, responded to Abbott’s suggestion on Twitter this way:

“Local officials know best. Houston has no evacuation order. In Harris County: very limited to select communities. LOCAL LEADERS KNOW BEST.”

For the love of God...

starrmtn001

[LIVE] 08-27-17 Houston, TX - Live Flash Flooding Video.
Live Storms Media
Started streaming 31 minutes ago

https://youtu.be/09v0LPnrEsA

Kidnostad3

I just sent the following e-mail to FOX NEWS:

RE:  FLOODING IN HOUSTON

STAY OUT OF THE WAY.  THESE PEOPLE HAVE JUST HAD A REALLY BAD EXPERIENCE AND THEY DON'T NEED TO HAVE A MICROPHONE SHOVED IN THEIR FACE AND TO BE ASKED DUMB QUESTIONS. 

FOR ERIC SHAWN:  YOU PICKED A HELL OF A TIME TO TRY TO ENGAGE THESE PEOPLE IN A CONVERSATION ABOUT SHOULDA, COULDA, WOULDA.  GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR ASS.

Sent from my iPad

Jackstar

Quote from: crescent fresh on August 27, 2017, 05:21:59 PM

It's the first time they've bathed together in years--or bathed at all, really.

Jackstar

« Reply #136 on: Today at 17:00:00 »

« Reply #137 on: Today at 17:04:40 »

Also available for bar mitzvahs.

Up All Night

Progressive Democratic Houston Mayors have been pushing the limits of LGBT causes for a number of years. (Houston has voted in Democratic Mayors since 1982). Could the unheard of flooding be a judgement from a Holy God??? Who knows....

Now, onto Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner and his minion's performance surrounding Hurricane Harvey.

starrmtn001

The Weather Channel Live (Cat 4 Hurricane Harvey Historic Floods/Water Rescues Live Coverage 24/7).  8.27.17.

https://youtu.be/MO3vMuydsPI

starrmtn001

Quote from: GravitySucks on August 27, 2017, 07:58:18 AM
Ok. I have had enough. Get Art to do a mind consciousness event. STAT.

How are you holding up, Gravity?  We haven't heard from you, so I'm concerned.  My continued prayers for safety, for you and your fellow Texans in harm's way.

GravitySucks

Quote from: starrmtn001 on August 27, 2017, 08:13:28 PM
How are you holding up, Gravity?  We haven't heard from you, so I'm concerned.  My continued prayers for safety, for you and your fellow Texans in harm's way.

Ok so far.

starrmtn001

Quote from: GravitySucks on August 27, 2017, 08:31:35 PM
Ok so far.
Good.  Please keep us updated as you are able to.  Thank you, Gravity. :)

Gd5150

Texas has the biggest heart of any state in the union.