• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Noory

Started by dniteguy, July 04, 2017, 10:06:43 PM

dniteguy

I was going to post this on the "George Noory Sucks" thread but, a bit of reading of that thread put me off of that idea. So, here are some of my observations of that Noory guy. First of all, I felt uncomfortable with the guy - right from the get go. Back in the day when he would come on C2C from time to time, I instinctively knew he would be Art's replacement but, I just couldn't warm up to the guy. My feelings proved true(at least to me)! He took Art's creation and turned it into the 21st century version of the 19th century parlor seance - allusions to hucksterisms. Whereas Art would have a well rounded out itinerary, this guy seemed to be concentrating on mediums, psychics, ghosts.... Recently, he's changed the format of C2C and broken it down into 2 segments; one topic one segment, another topic the next segment!? Attention Deficit Disorder? Can't stay awake?
When Art had something which interested him, he would cut his intro music short and get to the subject; this Noory guy seems to let the intro music just drone on...and on. I haven't done any stopwatch work as to how long the intro lasts but....
There's a bunch of other stuff I'd like to get off my shoulders, but I'll leave them for another time.
P.S.  I am just so peeved at the guy for commercializing C2C that I rarely listen anymore-not even weekends because his influence is felt there too( how some of the other weekend hosts stroke his ego).
P.S.P.S.   Just to give you an insight as to what gets me about this guy: I'm writing this on July 04/17 23:50ish(EST). One or two days ago I just happened to try and listen to C2C at about 03:45, I believe; I was hoping for a good topic and, this time I wasn't disappointed. Noory had on someone who was talking about Ancient explorers in America(I'm Canadian, eh). Well, the guest was attempting to try and give credit for something to those due the credit but the guest appeared to have said that it was difficult trying to find the identities of those due the credit. Noory made some (I guess) smarta.. remark to the guest that he should take the credit; that no one's going to know. I suppose that Noory thought it was humorous and I'm sure that many in the listening audience may have thought so also, but...really? What kind of comment, even jokingly, was that? I feel that this Noory guy just doesn't get it. Hope Art's doing well.

Jojo

How did Art pay for the show if there weren't as many ads?  Did have less staff?

Quote from: Jojo on September 07, 2017, 01:57:54 AM
How did Art pay for the show if there weren't as many ads?  Did have less staff?

He could charge more because he had more listeners.

Both Noory's and Art's shows were probably night time filler, not meant to make a profit

bateman

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on September 07, 2017, 10:54:50 AM
He could charge more because he had more listeners.

Both Noory's and Art's shows were probably night time filler, not meant to make a profit

Noory's definitely is, but considering Premiere paid Art almost 8 figures for the rights to Coast, I don't think that was the case in 1995 or whenever the sale was.

Morgus

Quote from: Jojo on September 07, 2017, 01:57:54 AM
Art had no staff, other than help from his wife Ramona in the old days. He did it all himself.
Noory needs dozens of helpers including producers, etc. to run his show in contrast...

Jojo

Quote from: Morgus on September 08, 2017, 12:58:49 AM
Art had no staff, other than help from his wife Ramona in the old days. He did it all himself.
Noory needs dozens of helpers including producers, etc. to run his show in contrast...
It takes mucho tiempo to wax a torso, you know!