• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Cumulus Media 'on the brink of total collapse' as hostile takeover fears mount

Started by bateman, June 11, 2017, 03:53:56 PM

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: username on November 14, 2017, 02:58:43 PM

that's cute

Yeah, cuz the more likely answer is that only one person on the internet isn't your fan... ::)

and that's why you're a loser.  :D

Corona Kitty

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 14, 2017, 03:05:16 PM
Yeah, cuz the more likely answer is that only one person on the internet isn't your fan... ::)

and that's why you're a loser.  :D

okay.

3OctaveFart

Quote from: bateman on November 14, 2017, 02:20:04 PM
Mumbling incoherent fuck has an $11 million a year contract. His agent is a genius.
His eyes look like they're squeezed shut. The booze and drugs fried his brain. This is someone who would go on days-long vodka binges.

I was never a fan but I remember as a kid he had an encyclopedic knowledge of music history. That's all gone.

Anyone in any other profession would have been put out to pasture long ago.

bateman

Quote from: 3OctaveFart on November 14, 2017, 04:21:11 PM
His eyes look like they're squeezed shut. The booze and drugs fried his brain. This is someone who would go on days-long vodka binges.

I was never a fan but I remember as a kid he had an encyclopedic knowledge of music history. That's all gone.

Anyone in any other profession would have been put out to pasture long ago.

In person he looks almost exactly like my 100 year-old great grandmother did in her casket. I seriously have no idea how he’s alive.

3OctaveFart

I listened to a guy for years in Miami named Neil Rogers. He was a ripoff of 1980s Imus, but funnier, maybe even meaner.

I always appreciated how radio guys innately knew music, like it was always in their blood.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: bateman on November 14, 2017, 02:20:04 PM
Mumbling incoherent fuck has an $11 million a year contract. His agent is a genius.

didn't he also get a settlement of like $25 million after the "nappy headed ho" firing?

paladin1991

Quote from: mv on November 13, 2017, 11:37:10 PM
yeah, this was probably his biggest mistake. 

when hendrie came back in apx. 2008, his show was no longer the satirical comedy offering his fans were accustomed to and expecting.  instead, he did a traditional talk show, sitting behind a mic for three hours every night discussing the "issues of the day," pretending to be exactly the type of host he'd always parodied and ridiculed.  yet another proud "fuck you" to his fans.  phil hendrie has complete and total contempt for anyone who has ever appreciated him.

i have every phil hendrie show from 1999-2006 (minus 2002 and 2003 for whatever reason), fully intact with music included.  it's one of the greatest broadcasting achievements of any person anywhere ever.

Hooooly  Fuck.

If you die before me.  Can I have them?

Corona Kitty

Quote from: paladin1991 on November 15, 2017, 02:44:22 AM
The only way you will be on radio is if Noory takes your call.

I was on coast already, trolling Noory. Where have you've been?

paladin1991

Quote from: username on November 15, 2017, 02:52:49 AM
I was on coast already, trolling Noory. Where have you've been?

Like I said.

Son, you are as dumb as a sack of hammers.

Jackstar

Quote from: paladin1991 on November 15, 2017, 02:57:14 AM

This is a bold, declarative statement from the guy who pissed on the wrong monkey.

Corona Kitty

Quote from: paladin1991 on November 15, 2017, 02:57:14 AM
Like I said.

Does it count that I produce a show on terrestrial radio? LOL

Jackstar

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 14, 2017, 03:05:16 PM
and that's why you're a loser.

Do you remember that scene in True Lies, where Charlton Heston chews out the new guy?

Go get that link and flood the forum with that, you obsequious faggot.

Corona Kitty

Quote from: Jackstar on November 15, 2017, 03:12:25 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1gxJ7mj2uY

Actually, no.

I'm occasionally forced to talk on air, it's a little shit station....no ones listening anyways... No one is selling out. I wish haha.

paladin1991

Quote from: Jackstar on November 15, 2017, 03:25:47 AM
Have you met my ex?

I remember her.  LOL.  You were right about that one.  CraaaaaaZY!  JackstarSEX.   

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Jackstar on November 15, 2017, 03:10:30 AM

Do you remember that scene in True Lies, where Charlton Heston chews out the new guy?

Go get that link and flood the forum with that, you obsequious faggot.

No I don't remember that and aside from the question of my sexuality how was I being obsequious?

albrecht

Quote from: mv on November 13, 2017, 11:37:10 PM
yeah, this was probably his biggest mistake. 

when hendrie came back in apx. 2008, his show was no longer the satirical comedy offering his fans were accustomed to and expecting.  instead, he did a traditional talk show, sitting behind a mic for three hours every night discussing the "issues of the day," pretending to be exactly the type of host he'd always parodied and ridiculed.  yet another proud "fuck you" to his fans.  phil hendrie has complete and total contempt for anyone who has ever appreciated him.

i have every phil hendrie show from 1999-2006 (minus 2002 and 2003 for whatever reason), fully intact with music included.  it's one of the greatest broadcasting achievements of any person anywhere ever.
That is sweet. Something with time on their hands needs to do the hard work and go through the archive, clean up the file names, and post to the interwebs/torrents. As "someone" did for the ultimate Art torrent. There are some Hendrie torrents out there but most stuff missing and repeats, partial broadcasts, and naming inconsistencies.
Hendrie was a genius in his prime and his idea was great radio. Too bad he seems to hate his fans.

paladin1991

Quote from: albrecht on November 15, 2017, 05:16:35 PM
That is sweet. Something with time on their hands needs to do the hard work and go through the archive, clean up the file names, and post to the interwebs/torrents. As "someone" did for the ultimate Art torrent. There are some Hendrie torrents out there but most stuff missing and repeats, partial broadcasts, and naming inconsistencies.
Hendrie was a genius in his prime and his idea was great radio. Too bad he seems to hate his fans.

I guess that's fair.  His fans hate him now,too.

Up All Night

Quote from: nooryisawesome on June 21, 2017, 10:51:55 AM
Who goes belly up first Iheart or Cumulus.

I blame lack of local programming, awful syndicated radio host, and songs that get repeated 5 times an hour.

Their demise will be "Delicious" ! !

Not that the new owners will any less beholden to Satan in regards to programming ONLY for the Lowest Common Denominator.

Cumulus's goal was to cross sell advertising across radio genres, by cultivating the shitheads from all those genres as a group for advertisers to sell to.

"When you want to reach the largest numbers of Shitheads across genres, then Cumulus is your one stop shop!"

It was under Clinton that the 1996 Communication Act was signed into law that started all of this consolidation that gave us these Souless Corporate Media Conglomerates.

Gd5150

Quote from: Up All Night on November 18, 2017, 03:57:49 AM
Their demise will be "Delicious" ! !

Not that the new owners will any less beholden to Satan in regards to programming ONLY for the Lowest Common Denominator.

Cumulus's goal was to cross sell advertising across radio genres, by cultivating the shitheads from all those genres as a group for advertisers to sell to.

"When you want to reach the largest numbers of Shitheads across genres, then Cumulus is your one stop shop!"

It was under Clinton that the 1996 Communication Act was signed into law that started all of this consolidation that gave us these Souless Corporate Media Conglomerates.

Ah yes “the cable bill” of 1996, that was going to lower cable costs. Like Obamacare, it did the exact opposite. The new fun name for leftwing intrusion into the communications industry is under “net neutrality”, and “fairness doctrine”.

NEt Neutrality really takes the cake for leftwing wing stupidity. Not a single person can explain what it will do, but the left loves it. Therefore it should be opposed because it obviously just means higher costs, more regulations, worse product. Everything they love is the same.