• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Kurt Russell and the Phoenix Lights

Started by Lunger, May 20, 2017, 08:50:50 AM

albrecht

Really cool. Good find. I find interesting how he just forgot about the incident and then recalled later.

Quote from: albrecht on May 20, 2017, 03:27:52 PM
Really cool. Good find. I find interesting how he just forgot about the incident and then recalled later.

Maybe the aliens caused him to forget.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 20, 2017, 04:06:03 PM
Maybe the aliens caused him to forget.

It's weird. A lot of people seem to have that or similar experiences with missing time when encountering UFOs.

albrecht

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 20, 2017, 04:26:27 PM
It's weird. A lot of people seem to have that or similar experiences with missing time when encountering UFOs.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Weird. Also did he say that he didn't write anything in his log book at the time but his flight and time was listed? One would also think an amateur pilot calling in to officially report some lights/UFO in the sky would've been noted in the log book, as it would be out of the ordinary and unique, or exciting experience.

Lunger

Quote from: albrecht on May 20, 2017, 03:27:52 PM

That's what struck me about it 

I had a good clear close sighting (with a witness by my side) and it was about 2 decades before I ever mentioned it to anyone.

albrecht

Quote from: Lunger on May 21, 2017, 10:21:23 PM
That's what struck me about it 

I had a good clear close sighting (with a witness by my side) and it was about 2 decades before I ever mentioned it to anyone.
Elaborate, if you can. Obviously without giving any personal details you don't want to share. As a pilot or just as a witness? Did you report anything to anyone authorities- live or soon afterwards? Did you not mention to anyone for decades because you forgot the incident or remembered but purposely didn't want to talk (personal, professional concerns or second-guessing yourself, etc?) Or did something trigger the memory later, as like Kurt mentioned?

3OctaveFart

I am almost more impressed by how one dude can rock the same hairstyle for 35 years.

There is a long-standing rumor around Hollyweird that Russell's name was literally on Disney's dying breath.

TigerLily

Quote from: Meatie Pie on May 22, 2017, 01:01:12 PM
I am almost more impressed by how one dude can rock the same hairstyle for 35 years.

There is a long-standing rumor around Hollyweird that Russell's name was literally on Disney's dying breath.

After all, Kurt Russell is an alien god

gnooryblows

Quote from: TigerLily on May 22, 2017, 02:13:31 PM
After all, Kurt Russell is an alien god

that's not true. it's just a movie. actors aren't really the same people they portray on the big screen :(

Lunger

Quote from: albrecht on May 21, 2017, 10:28:13 PM
Elaborate, if you can. Obviously without giving any personal details you don't want to share. As a pilot or just as a witness? Did you report anything to anyone authorities- live or soon afterwards? Did you not mention to anyone for decades because you forgot the incident or remembered but purposely didn't want to talk (personal, professional concerns or second-guessing yourself, etc?) Or did something trigger the memory later, as like Kurt mentioned?

I was living in Manila and returning home by trike at about 3:30 in the afternoon.  I remember it being a beautiful day.  Clear and sunny.  Not too hot.  This was in the early 80's.  (good times!)

So, I am a passenger on this trike and we are headed down the street and I have a good view of the (dirt) road before me.  In front of us is a house, no more than 50 yards away, with an object that is hanging directly over it.  This grayish object wasn't much higher than the coconut palms that surrounded the house. So it was pretty close and unobstructed.

I am looking at this thing and my brain can't process what I am seeing. I remember thinking to myself, "What in the hell am I looking at?"  I remember it being about as long as the house was and it look to be about 10 - 12 feet tall at its widest point

The trike driver stops his bike.  He sees it too.  We both get off the trike and move to stand before it not 30 or 40 yards from this house.

I am looking and I am seeing a gray, seemingly oval object hovering above this house.  It kind of teeters slightly, but doesn't make any sound.

The trike driver and I stand there probably for about a minute before I head him say, 'Hey Padie*!  What is that?

I looked at him and said that I didn't know.  We both look back above the house and whatever it was was gone.

The weird part was that about 2 weeks later that house burned to the ground killing the husband, wife, 2 kids, dog, and house-girl.

You'd have though that this sighting was some monumental event, but it didn't seem to phase either me or the trike driver.  We just both got back in the trike without a word and went about our business.  I didn't tell anyone and I couldn't tell you why.  There was no sense of urgency to do so.  I remembered the event and though about it often, but I never told anyone about it for like 20 years.

*Padie is short for Pare-ko which is short for Compadre.  Its the Filipino version of 'Dude!"   

WOTR

That is a really cool story.  I find the part about not finding it to be a big deal or worth mentioning (though thinking about it) for all of those years to be interesting.

I wonder if the circumstances around the fire were at all suspicious?

albrecht

Quote from: Lunger on May 22, 2017, 10:56:23 PM
I was living in Manila and returning home by trike at about 3:30 in the afternoon.  I remember it being a beautiful day.  Clear and sunny.  Not too hot.  This was in the early 80's.  (good times!)

So, I am a passenger on this trike and we are headed down the street and I have a good view of the (dirt) road before me.  In front of us is a house, no more than 50 yards away, with an object that is hanging directly over it.  This grayish object wasn't much higher than the coconut palms that surrounded the house. So it was pretty close and unobstructed.

I am looking at this thing and my brain can't process what I am seeing. I remember thinking to myself, "What in the hell am I looking at?"  I remember it being about as long as the house was and it look to be about 10 - 12 feet tall at its widest point

The trike driver stops his bike.  He sees it too.  We both get off the trike and move to stand before it not 30 or 40 yards from this house.

I am looking and I am seeing a gray, seemingly oval object hovering above this house.  It kind of teeters slightly, but doesn't make any sound.

The trike driver and I stand there probably for about a minute before I head him say, 'Hey Padie*!  What is that?

I looked at him and said that I didn't know.  We both look back above the house and whatever it was was gone.

The weird part was that about 2 weeks later that house burned to the ground killing the husband, wife, 2 kids, dog, and house-girl.

You'd have though that this sighting was some monumental event, but it didn't seem to phase either me or the trike driver.  We just both got back in the trike without a word and went about our business.  I didn't tell anyone and I couldn't tell you why.  There was no sense of urgency to do so.  I remembered the event and though about it often, but I never told anyone about it for like 20 years.

*Padie is short for Pare-ko which is short for Compadre.  Its the Filipino version of 'Dude!"
Wow. Thanks for update. Weird. THAT is a cool experience, bad about the deaths. Definitely should be a call for Art when he had a show. One also has to wonder what a drone strike is like for some poor guy who doesn't know much but some militants hole up in his village and then...