• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Albrecht, has decided to no longer use an avatar

Started by ksm32, April 24, 2017, 01:23:41 AM

ksm32

I cry for the other children. This is an outrage!

comaphobe

It's the ultimate in individualism and possibly the most anti-commercial thing a user can do in this narcissistic age of Internet. No more slavery.

Dyna-X

Quote from: comaphobe on April 24, 2017, 03:00:38 AM
It's the ultimate in individualism and possibly the most anti-commercial thing a user can do in this narcissistic age of Internet. No more slavery.
The ultimate rebel. Maybe he's "Leaving symbols to the symbol minded" per George Carlin. As of late I'm getting sick of all the symbols online and prefer "buttons" with actual words on them that actually look like a grey blocky Windows-95 button.

ksm32

I tend to agree with most of his political views, so its just nice to put a fake face to the words on the screen.

ItsOver

Quote from: ksm32 on April 24, 2017, 04:03:53 PM
I tend to agree with most of his political views, so its just nice to put a fake face to the words on the screen.
So now we can put a nice serving of ass to your words on the screen?  ;)  ;D

ksm32

Quote from: ItsOver on April 24, 2017, 04:06:51 PM
So now we can put a nice serving of ass to your words on the screen?  ;)  ;D
:D

Haha, Yeah, pretty much. But in my defense I've used various AV's since 2011 and always have managed to come across as an ass. It's only now that I am finally comfortable with my bellgab assness.

albrecht

Ha, I would like to say it is a protest. I guess in a way it is but I just never used one anywhere (not that I'm on many site, FB, etc.) But the beginning was I am not much of a user of social media so the avatars, emoticons,  memes, online gaming etc were not interesting to me and I didn't bother to find out how to use. And then the time to make new ones, find the cleverest one, the right one to use, etc? Why bother? Message boards on most sites are garbage and newsgroups seems to have gone away. I only found BG due to trying to find old Art shows and discovered a board dedicated to Norry sucking and then other fun stuff. And never figured how to do an avatar and then thought- Why have one?

And Chans, aside from Charlie, I know nothing about and those move so quickly the few times I've looked at them I gave up. Plus it seems like a lot of work to figure out how to use all that stuff. And generally I like to read rather than video, when it comes to news, posts, etc. But to each his own! Some of the avatars and memes are hilarious. Clearly, as we saw recently in politics, memes, social media, etc are an important tool these days.