• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

BellGabathon 2017

Started by heater, March 29, 2017, 08:59:59 PM

RoseGirl

k....BellGab and Facebook are competing for my attention tonight. Facebook just won.

Night all, have fun.

:)

ninjashoes

How about a gameshow to make things more fun and interactive? This would break the pace and make the whole thing better in my humble opinion anyway

-Who knows the most about Bellgab.

A trivia game show about bellgab where 3 notable members are asked questions about MV and Bellgab history, the winner gets crowned the most hardcore Bellgabber of all time. That would be a pretty notable accomplishment and the winner would have "street cred" on here pretty much forever.

One of my favorite comic book mini-series.  Brian Bolland was the artist here as well.

WOTR

Quote from: RoseGirl on March 30, 2017, 10:30:11 PM
That is very kind of you muddy and I do appreciate it...but no...I think I will just listen.  :)
I offer the following suggestion for two reasons.

1. I am a bastard.
2. It really was a good show, and I did enjoy it... Regardless of everything else- it did bring a smile to some faces in the build up to Art's triumphant (and short lived) somewhat disappointing return. ;)

Possibly you and Nancy could mend fences for a half hour and reprise your roles in "Bellahaven on the Bellgabathon"?

ninjashoes

Quote from: 21st Century Man on March 30, 2017, 11:29:24 PM

Ah, the FF. 

What is sad is that after those shitty movies. Mainstream folk will never get to know the magic of the Fantastic Four and what makes that series so special. I was particularly bummed about waiting an entire movie to see Galactus and only seeing a vague shape at the end. That franchise has got to be dead in the water by now but Fox keeps pumping out shit to keep the rights to the characters.

I did really enjoy the 90's cartoon and that was when I actually started liking the FF, they redid all the classic stories and did a pretty good job with Stan Lee often appearing at the beginning.

zeebo

Quote from: Daniel End of Days Radio on March 30, 2017, 11:52:04 PM
What is sad is that after those shitty movies. Mainstream folk will never get to know the magic of the Fantastic Four and what makes that series so special. ...

Off-topic:  That's how I feel about Conan.  Those lame 80's movies so missed what made the books great.

Back on-topic:  If Conan were here, he'd totally support BellGabathon.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: brig on March 30, 2017, 09:16:40 PM
Oh heck YES!  We need Pate, and Jackstar, and Nancy Birnes, MV, PonyBoySunset, Zeebo, WalksAtNight, the One, Bobo, Mr Fidget, (Redacted), DrMdMd, PB the Deplorable, JuanCena, WOTR, Meatie Pie, coaster, Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost, 21st Century Man, TigerLily, Catsmile, Kidnostad3, Bomar, Ciardelo,  O'Larry, Ol Gerry, SWT, Camazotz Automat, albrecht, NXOEED, mikuthing01, WildCard, and maybe even Lou Sheehan could show up. We need you all to come forward and do your bellgab duty to create chaos and entertainment, and just generally cause trouble.

There are others, but those are some of my favorites right off the top of my head.
Thanks Brig you are one of my favs too. I might call in. You will need callers too, at least I would imagine so. Best of luck all and happy for an honorable or less than honorable mention as it is bellgab. Lol.
Praise MV!

starrmtn001

Muddy.  You have me on your wish list for the podcast panel, but I don't really know anything about podcasting so I wouldn't have that much to offer.  However, there is a panel I'd love to be on, and that would be a panel hosted by AldousBurbank, especially if Ibby is on it too.  He is one of BellGab's long time most honored members.  If he agrees to host a panel, I'm there. ;)   ;D ;D ;D

ninjashoes

Quote from: zeebo on March 31, 2017, 12:29:25 AM
Off-topic:  That's how I feel about Conan.  Those lame 80's movies so missed what made the books great.

Back on-topic:  If Conan were here, he'd totally support BellGabathon.

I collect Conan comics. Find them in the bargain bin all the time, people don't even realize their rarity and value.

Nothing like browsing through some Hyborea epics while stoned and listening to Megadeth

zeebo

Quote from: Daniel End of Days Radio on March 31, 2017, 01:47:49 AM
...Nothing like browsing through some Hyborea epics while stoned and listening to Megadeth

Nice!  What the uninitiated don't appreciate is that Robert E. Howard basically created the "Sword & Sorcery" genre, and furthermore that part of what made it compelling was the whole edgy occult vibe that permeated it.  Maybe sometime you can do a show on early horror/occult/fantasy writings of he and his peers (e.g. Clark Ashton Smith) and those who he later influenced (e.g. like everyone who wrote fantasy in the twentieth century).   8)

Now back to the BellGab-athon, at Megadeth levels!

Dr. MD MD

I only read Conan for the dreamgirl content.  ;) ;)

K_Dubb

I wrote a sonnet for the occasion.  Perhaps Pud can give us a reading, based on his memorable Shylock?

This forum here is not like that of Rome's
Where senators of old beshook their jowls.
Though, maybe, when, post-fall, the bare half-domes
But echoed with the wind and lupine howls.
Our deepest thoughts in Ciceronian tones
We don't the Rostra mount to send aloft.
We often get our answers from the stones,
Or, if we're lucky, vegetables soft.
Anonymous, we scratch our musings here.
The orator of old, his face we see
On ancient busts; his name we still may cheer,
While we are wraiths, of mist composed.  But we
Yet Romans are when we declaim our rants,
Like purple-toga'd Caesar, without pants.

ninjashoes

Quote from: zeebo on March 31, 2017, 02:00:10 AM
Nice!  What the uninitiated don't appreciate is that Robert E. Howard basically created the "Sword & Sorcery" genre, and furthermore that part of what made it compelling was the whole edgy occult vibe that permeated it.  Maybe sometime you can do a show on early horror/occult/fantasy writings of he and his peers (e.g. Clark Ashton Smith) and those who he later influenced (e.g. like everyone who wrote fantasy in the twentieth century).   8)

Now back to the BellGab-athon, at Megadeth levels!

Sure, I can also touch on it during my 30 minutes as well. That is a lot of time and I can briefly touch on it between fending off Wolfman, that is if he agrees.

I also plan on talking about flat earth during my time since Wolfman will hopefully be there. That should create lots of heat due to its pure idiocy.

zeebo

Quote from: K_Dubb on March 31, 2017, 02:28:39 AM
I wrote a sonnet for the occasion.  Perhaps Pud can give us a reading, based on his memorable Shylock?

I hope K_Dubb will contribute further epic lyricism to the cause.  I myself may attempt a modest limerick or such in my own capacity.

whoozit

Quote from: themudking on March 30, 2017, 07:14:32 PM
I am tentatively thinking the show will be in 2 weeks.  I want to give everyone involved a chance to plan for it.  Would Friday or Saturday be better for you?
Either of those will work.  I doubt my Mom would want to but I'll create a soundboard for ask my wife.

Lilith

Quote from: K_Dubb on March 31, 2017, 02:28:39 AM

MOAR!

Lilith

Quote from: ponyboysunset on March 31, 2017, 01:23:15 AM
Thanks Brig you are one of my favs too. I might call in. You will need callers too, at least I would imagine so. Best of luck all and happy for an honorable or less than honorable mention as it is bellgab. Lol.
Praise MV!

Hey!  ;D

Lilith

muddy for the tech panel, You, Gatoon, WR250, MV, and Sandman are the first that come to mind, but there are more.

There seem to be a majority of Politics threads still alive and kicking, so maybe a Politics panel is in order.

...and I really really think WhiteCrow should be the Chairman of "The Art of the Troll" Panel.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: brig on March 31, 2017, 06:15:21 AM
Hey!  ;D
LOL. I lurk more these days then participate. The MITD thread last night was quite enjoyable for the first time in a long time. Also the Art Bell thread took a weird turn and is now about tits. Who saw that coming?

Lilith

Quote from: ponyboysunset on March 31, 2017, 06:33:54 AM
LOL. I lurk more these days then participate. The MITD thread last night was quite enjoyable for the first time in a long time. Also the Art Bell thread took a weird turn and is now about tits. Who saw that coming?

I fell asleep very early on last night listening to MITD. Fell asleep I think before the guest even arrived, but I managed to stay awake to make an opening post. LOL's

I think it might be true that we have more lurkers than posters, but we wouldn't have lurkers if the reading wasn't magnetic. Lurkers probably supply most of the diapers, but without the posters, there would be no lurkers.  ;)

Viva la magnificent, and unique bellgab posters, every one!!

ponyboysunset

Quote from: brig on March 31, 2017, 06:39:16 AM
I fell asleep very early on last night listening to MITD. Fell asleep I think before the guest even arrived, but I managed to stay awake to make an opening post. LOL's

I think it might be true that we have more lurkers than posters, but we wouldn't have lurkers if the reading wasn't magnetic. Lurkers probably supply most of the diapers, but without the posters, there would be no lurkers.  ;)
We all do our part  ;D I find it amusing that people are STILL arguing over things that happened over a year or more ago. And the Falkie thread is it's own universe. You also have people that stir the pot just for fun. And then you have the down right mentally ill of bellgab. They might be my favorite. Reading their posts makes me realize just how sane I really am.  ;)

Lilith

Quote from: ponyboysunset on March 31, 2017, 06:43:42 AM
We all do our part  ;D I find it amusing that people are STILL arguing over things that happened over a year or more ago. And the Falkie thread is it's own universe. You also have people that stir the pot just for fun. And then you have the down right mentally ill of bellgab. They might be my favorite. Reading their posts makes me realize just how sane I really am.  ;)

Indeed, we are an authentic melting pot, pushing the edges of free speech far beyond the wildest imagination of conventional thinking.  The REAL movers and the shakers.

Praise MV!

ponyboysunset

Quote from: brig on March 31, 2017, 06:46:31 AM
Indeed, we are an authentic melting pot, pushing the edges of free speech far beyond the wildest imagination of conventional thinking.

Praise MV!
Indeed, Praise MV and the bellgabbers who still post and read. May the odds be ever in your favor! ::)

Lilith

Quote from: ponyboysunset on March 31, 2017, 06:48:49 AM
Indeed, Praise MV and the bellgabbers who still post and read. May the odds be ever in your favor! ::)

..and may we always remain odd.  ;D

..and may those who try to meld us to conformity, be banished to the darkest corners of the darkest darknet, until they see the errors of their ways.

Long Live bellgab!!!

WhiteCrow

Quote from: brig on March 31, 2017, 06:21:15 AM
muddy for the tech panel, You, Gatoon, WR250, MV, and Sandman are the first that come to mind, but there are more.

There seem to be a majority of Politics threads still alive and kicking, so maybe a Politics panel is in order.

...and I really really think WhiteCrow should be the Chairman of "The Art of the Troll" Panel.

I would like to chair the Art and the Troll panel. 

Love Art

Praise brig.  . cough

Lilith

Quote from: White Crow 🌔🌓🌒🌚 on March 31, 2017, 07:54:36 AM
I would like to chair the Art and the Troll panel.  Love Art

So it is written,
So may it be done, I hope!

heater

Under Random Topics the voting / nomination threads have been started for the BellGab Awards.  Go ahead and start nominating people.  I will leave the nominations open until Wednesday.  Then we start voting.

If you have a category you want me to add let me know.