• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Snoory's Replacement

Started by superdeluxe, February 24, 2009, 11:09:42 AM

Which Host Do You Think Would Make The Best Replacement For GN?

type3tv dude
2 (9.5%)
Gumby
4 (19%)
Ted Williams' Frozen Head
12 (57.1%)
Tom Cruise
2 (9.5%)
Stephen Hawking
7 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Centurion73

Quote from: EvB on March 14, 2009, 01:43:39 PM
I'm confused.  Do you want PRO Ian step-ins, or ANTI Ian step-ins?

Pro/anti - Ian is still a better person and broadcaster than Noory, It would not be c2c as Ian is not para-topic friendly.

QuoteKNAPP TIME!

I think we all agree with that and with you on that sentiment.

EvB

Quote from: Centurion73 on March 14, 2009, 04:23:49 PM

It would not be c2c as Ian is not para-topic friendly.

I don't think that's 100% true - but it's true enough that as much as I admire & enjoy Ian I don't think he make a good full time c2c host.  But then, every time I say that - (and I've said it a few times) I have to think "would a major format change be worse than Snoory's total destruction?"

It would not be c2c as Ian is not para-topic friendly.

I'm glad it's not just me then, because I've definitely got the same vibe from him --- there are certainly topics to which Ian is open but there are also those that he shuts down totally to ... not that that's necessarily bad, because I enjoy a challenging or skeptical line of questioning and I also appreciate him not letting guests hijack the show, like when he shut-down the Giant dude.

When he did "Coast to Coast Live" before it got canceled it had a very obvious and unique feeling to it that was nothing at all like C2CAM and he's carried that over to his weekend shows. I thoroughly enjoy the topics about sci-fi, comic books, true crime, mainstream history, etc. but I'd almost prefer if Ian had his own national show devoted strictly to that (actually I'd really enjoy that show if it existed). If I'm in the C2C mindset when I turn on the radio, though, it can be disconcerting.

11angeleyes11

I wonder if this might be illuminating.  There was some sort of convention in Los Angeles, I am not sure what the name of it was, but it had to do with radio?  Anyway, Ian was out there and is in fact broadcasting from the Coast to Coast studios there.  Last night Ian, not George, was chosen to socialize with the PremRad, Men in Black.  Could this be the beginning of something bigger?  George was left to do Open Lines and talk about gemstones.  Ian was schooomzing with upper management.  Sorry, George, did they bring you a doggy bag? 

Boomer

If for any reason at all Punnett took over the show it would be a matter of time before he established his own format and we all know what that is. I've seen changes in Ian vs subject matter and I would suspect he was counseled by higher-ups to change his ways or there was no need for him  or destroying the original format of the C2C Show. If Ian were given the show, somewhere, sometime when he would feel the time is right he would take the show back to the way he had done it in the past. He would beatup guests, debate the subject matter rigorously until it fit him, kick guests off the air all the while spewing his religious bent. Punnett is the only person who has hosted C2C and pushed his religious crap on the audience. I would rather listen to Snoory for 7 nights in a row than to listen to Punnett for 1 hour. If the opportunity came for Punnett to take over the show and he swore up and down to Premier he would never push religion again that is utter Bullshit!

"YOU CAN'T TEACH AN OLD DOG NEW TRICKS!"

George Knapp or Art Bell are the only alternatives if Snoory should ever leave.

Centurion73

Quote from: EvB on March 14, 2009, 04:42:07 PM
I don't think that's 100% true - but it's true enough that as much as I admire & enjoy Ian I don't think he make a good full time c2c host.  But then, every time I say that - (and I've said it a few times) I have to think "would a major format change be worse than Snoory's total destruction?"

I wish they would make a change because I am sure that Ian is the better of the two and should be in charge. C2C died when Art left (again) and to some on here I will shock them, I liked Ian's old show as it was his and he seemed more comfortable in that time slot and in what he was doing. Now they load him up like the weeknight infomercial or so it seems.

Yes, Angel, they sent the bright kid to the dinner with the big wigs, the kid who knows what a salad fork is for and chews with his mouth shut. I have to wonder would Noory have taken his fur thonged boy servant Tommy with him if he were chosen?

Centurion73

Quote from: Boomer on March 14, 2009, 11:36:28 PM
If for any reason at all Punnett took over the show it would be a matter of time before he established his own format and we all know what that is.

"YOU CAN'T TEACH AN OLD DOG NEW TRICKS!"

But the question is could you teach the dog to get hair plugs, lipo, botox and still look like

Gas + 02 + spark =?       ;D

EvB

QuoteI wish they would make a change because I am sure that Ian is the better of the two and should be in charge. C2C died when Art left (again) and to some on here I will shock them, I liked Ian's old show as it was his and he seemed more comfortable in that time slot and in what he was doing. Now they load him up like the weeknight infomercial or so it seems.

I agree -- but I think the suits may have been thinking something like this:

"Hmmm . . . someone with a personality, and a brain, but with a spin not quite what we're used to . . . or a sock puppet who many seem to find pleasant and we can make PRETEND to be interested in anything--- okay, le't let the bland lead the bland."

And let's face it folks - in the rein of George - both the guests and the callers are pretty fucking BLAND.

EvB

Roby, a computerized talk show host.

OMG, I just heard this --- this has got to be the singularly dumbest GN schtick ever ... this rivals the time he went into the future or the past or whatever the hell it was.

Centurion73

Quote from: RecoveringNoorholic on April 01, 2009, 11:30:02 PM
OMG, I just heard this --- this has got to be the singularly dumbest GN schtick ever ... this rivals the time he went into the future or the past or whatever the hell it was.

The time he interviewed himself as Dexter and got his own birth date wrong, classic.

OMFG!!!

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He just had some looney-tunes caller come on outraged about the robot host and then said ... "you know, half the people who listen to this show are just calling in because they're lonely."

OMG, George was like a pig in shit when she said that and totally went off on his "only lonely people with no friends or family listen to Coast to Coast" schtick, I seriously had to run out of the room because I honestly started to have some vomit creep up into my mouth.

OMFG that caller had to be a plant.

ryanp

Absolutely agreed....This was the dumbest canned bit ever produced on radio.  Even Noory should be disgusted.  He has single handedly taken Art Bell's show and run it into the ground.

EvB

Quotewent off on his "only lonely people with no friends or family listen to Coast to Coast" schtick

This is one of my major beefs with Snoors, as a symptom of his lack of respect for his callers and (IMO) one CAUSE of the dumbing down of the call quality.  The "I'm here for you lonely souls on the holidays" version of this tripe is the one that drives me most bats.

Oh well - I've done a rant or three on this before . . .

11angeleyes11

Quote from: EvB on April 01, 2009, 11:09:50 PM

Roby, a computerized talk show host.
After sleeping on it, do you know what this resembles?  An Edenpure space heater, or even some other type.

My theory on the picture is that it is a space heater that George has on hand in the cave.  He snapped a picture of it and gave it a name.  Then, uploaded to the web and sent it to Lex to put on the website.

Is this his attempt as an April Fool's Joke?  George, the joke is on you, as always!

Da_Brain

Snoory is such an asshole! A fair amount of pictures and news stories posted to coast to bloat leaves me just shaking my head in disgust and makes the Enquirer magazine look professional!   ;:)

moop

I heard the whole roby thing and it ranks right up there as one of the stupidest things ever heard on C2C. It's not easy to rank George's idiocy. I remember when C2C was good for the brain! Now I'm sure I lose brain cells every time I listen.

Yeah george went on about how he works holidays so that the ONE LONELY person out there, who doesn't have friends or family, will know he has friends at C2C. Geez... George must have been a very lonely child or something. 

EvB

Quote from: Da_Brain on April 02, 2009, 07:27:13 PM
Snoory is such an asshole! A fair amount of pictures and news stories posted to coast to bloat leaves me just shaking my head in disgust and makes the Enquirer magazine look professional!   ;:)

Agreed!

And, I want you to know you "Got Me" with that avatar.  There are a couple of fruit flies here that refuse to die.  I tried to kill yours.  ;D

Quote from: Centurion73 on April 01, 2009, 11:43:30 PM
The time he interviewed himself as Dexter and got his own birth date wrong, classic.

Dexter Monterrey! I've been trying to remember his future incarnation's name forever. I heard that show years ago and laughed my ass off when he explained his birthday goof by saying that "in the future, we don't count the first year of our lives." WOAH. Quick save there Georgey boy.

To be honest with you, I think that whole interview was a product of his narcissistic side. He probably just thought it was a clever way to get to interview the most exciting guest ever, himself, with the most exciting host ever - also himself.  ;:)

Da_Brain

Quote from: Da_Brain on April 02, 2009, 07:27:13 PM

Here's a typical example of Noory's choice of photo chosen for the main page:

11angeleyes11

Quote from: Da_Brain on April 03, 2009, 11:58:10 AM
Here's a typical example of Noory's choice of photo chosen for the main page:
Da_Bug, makes me want to try and squish it.  Very realistic avata!.  Maybe that would be a good thing to submit to Coast.  It is already  infested with something, not sure what, but cyberinsects would only add to it

NoBama

Quote from: Gojira2006 on February 24, 2009, 11:30:16 AM
:D Maybe C2C could entice Rachel Maddow to come over from Air America . . .  She probably doesn't believe in UFOs, ghosts, angels or conspiracies, but it would sure be fun to hear her rip Corsi & Hoagland each a new one . . .  ;D

who listens to Air America? that's worst than snoory!

Quote from: NoBama on April 03, 2009, 06:47:50 PM

hehehehehe.

When it comes to spoons, which is you personal preference? Wood, Metal, Ceramic, etc?

Quote from: NoBama on April 03, 2009, 06:47:50 PM

Amen brother. I'd rather fork myself with a big wooden spoon from Phan's post than listen to that haze-induced dribble.

Quote from: Pirate King Atomsk on April 04, 2009, 10:43:21 AM
Amen brother. I'd rather fork myself with a big wooden spoon from Phan's post than listen to that haze-induced dribble.

PKA, in your twisted fantasies you are Janeane Garofalo's love dog.  You know this man!

Actually, I found her mildly attractive in the 90's on the Ben Stiller show. After that, mmm..not so much. Especially when she opens her mouth on Politically Incorrect. Good lawd.  ;:)

Quote from: Pirate King Atomsk on April 05, 2009, 10:55:02 AM
Actually, I found her mildly attractive in the 90's on the Ben Stiller show. After that, mmm..not so much. Especially when she opens her mouth on Politically Incorrect. Good lawd.  ;:)

I kind of like her new bulimic-chic look.

Quote from: PhantasticSanShiSan on April 05, 2009, 11:50:14 AM
I kind of like her new bulimic-chic look.

Haven't seen her lately. Probably don't want to now that you say "bulimic"...*shudder* Nothing really sexy about spines and rib cages.  :-\

She's not a walking anatomy model or anything, but she went through a "de-fatification" stage.  She used to have a cute yet somewhat dumpy emo-ish look, and with the weight loss/transformation which happened a couple years ago, she looks a little worn in the face.  Not sure what it is exactly, but I don't groove on it.

nika01

your insect thingy is making my swat at my screen.