• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Retro Advertisements that just wouldn't fit in today's world.

Started by ShayP, February 15, 2017, 03:12:07 PM

From the days when Zoo animals could do more than just hang out in their pens

ShayP

Quote from: trostol on February 15, 2017, 06:11:04 PM
i feel bad lol

Don't.  Embrace our history.  Or at least make fun of it because it is quite ridiculous.  ;) ;D

ShayP

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on February 15, 2017, 06:14:01 PM
Probably a rerun but perhaps not

No worries my friend.  Repeats are still as funny as the originals.  ;)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: ShayP on February 15, 2017, 06:12:33 PM
Don't.  Embrace our history.  Or at least make fun of it because it is quite ridiculous.  ;) ;D

It's why Robert Crumb got in trouble for strips like this...but it really wasn't far off the mark, especially when you consider that he probably saw legit ads like this growing up.  :D

ShayP

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 15, 2017, 06:16:03 PM
It's why Robert Crumb got in trouble for strips like this...but it really wasn't far off the mark, especially when you consider that he probably saw legit ads like this growing up.  :D

I'm not familiar with Robert Crumb.  Please enlighten me via PM if you wish.  :)  Or here actually...it doesn't matter.  ;D

Not only can you carry home a symbol of the Tree of Life to celebrate the birth of Our Lord and Savior, you can also
die in ball of flame

ShayP

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on February 15, 2017, 06:17:30 PM
Not only can you carry home a symbol of the Tree of Life to celebrate the birth of Our Lord and Savior, you can also
die in ball of flame

Hahahahaha!  Yep...good old Pintos.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: ShayP on February 15, 2017, 06:17:30 PM
I'm not familiar with Robert Crumb.  Please enlighten me via PM if you wish.  :)  Or here actually...it doesn't matter.  ;D

If you can find the fuill doc it's worth a view. A true iconoclast and a very talented artist.  ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s65nqtHEOtg

ShayP

Quote from: aldousburbank on February 15, 2017, 06:22:49 PM

Well aldous...that's the reason all these people made these dumb ass ads.  Lead poisoning.  :-\  ;)

If someone ever gets a time machine cranking, I think a Bellgab Boy's Night Out is called for to see this
premiere back in Detroit.