• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Want to prevent spying on me thru mic in my phone, laptop, etc.

Started by Caruthers612, January 30, 2017, 05:39:09 PM

wr250

Quote from: Caruthers612 on January 30, 2017, 05:39:09 PM
    So I know "they" can remotely turn on or hijack the mic in my Android phone, or my laptop (I think), and listen to me, and recently it's occurred to me there might be an app to prevent this. Or at least to make them eat static when they do so. Anyone know of any such technology? I don't want the NSA to hear me commenting on the nice thighs of Japanese girls, that's strictly my business.
consider using this:

or if you want overkill use this:

Jojo

Quote from: Jackstar on January 31, 2017, 07:41:04 AM
You can't stop the signal, but you can jam it. Just play this at all times and all surveillance will be neutralized.

The Man can not cope.
There is George!  In the long sleeve leather jacket dancing.  This loop is so cool!

I suppose you could break your microphone.  Start using it all the time, running a sound loop.  Find out where the hardware receptor is.  Disable it with software.  Spill coffee on it.  Poke it with sharp instruments.  Stuff it with dense foam.  And when the mic no longer works, viola, job done.  But then they'll just read your mind, or use through-the-acres technology to listen.

Or swap hardware with a friend periodically, so they don't know for sure whose IP address it is.

If you are going crazy concerned someone could be listening, create decoy recordings.  Like, record your home on a set of days (or better yet, someone else's home).  Have several different output players.  At times when you need privacy, play one of these files.  Personally, I would turn on fans, ionizers, the radio, another radio on a different station, etc...  Just pile on the b.s.

If you are afraid you might say something you don't want people to hear, get a voice modulator.  Or suck a kazoo.

Back in the day, with magazines, this just was not a concern!

If you have to discuss confidential stuff over the cell phone, what about getting some walkie talkies or short wave radio?  Sure, they could still listen, but I doubt they would bother unless they had good reason, because it wouldn't be convenient.

Jackstar

Quote from: Nyewalker on December 31, 2020, 07:34:53 AM
Praise MV !!!

I gave in and was going to email him, earlier this week--and as soon as I announced this, and then opened up an email composition window... my phone started ringing, and it's been one unscheduled shitstorm after another, ever since. Flattered, right? Yeah, me too!

Except, you know, coincidence and stuff. cough cough slurp syrup... Bees love syrup, right? RITE.

Ciardelo

Quote from: Jackstar on January 02, 2021, 07:45:14 AM
I gave in and was going to email him, earlier this week--and as soon as I announced this, and then opened up an email composition window... my phone started ringing, and it's been one unscheduled shitstorm after another, ever since. Flattered, right? Yeah, me too!

Except, you know, coincidence and stuff. cough cough slurp syrup... Bees love syrup, right? RITE.

Hey there Jack, he's available, it's falkie2013@gmail.com

Jackstar

Quote from: Ciardelo on January 02, 2021, 02:24:33 PM
Hey there Jack, he's available

I said hello, he said f*** off, he hasn't apologized, and believe me, I am relieved and delighted in equal measure.

I'm glad you have something else to fill your time with now that I'm no longer required to broadly fill the entire board with clandestine messaging, because you're obviously much less cranky when you don't have to do whatever it is that you're supposed to be doing.

At least, as far as you know. In any event, thanks for bringing it up, because it was when I went and saw MV shifting topics from Grapefruit's ass to Failkey's ass, he was then that I had known for certain that you people truly had jumped the shark.

Hey you want to hear about the time some kid put a switchblade in my belly and threatened to kill me because he thought I was stalking his sister? I was 9 years old. And, yes he was misinformed, as well as blisteringly dimwitted, because when he saw that he had made an error (reminder: I was 9), Instead of actually apologizing, he just ran away shamefaced and then died of cancer.

Somewhere in there, the story reminded me of you. Also: all of the cathode ray tubes have been two-way capable, ever since they were invented. Designed, rather.

there you go, there's an easy one for you. Now issue your denial, and I'll get you a biscuit.

Jackstar

Quote from: Ciardelo on January 02, 2021, 02:24:33 PM
falkie2013@gmail.com

Boy, do I have a lot of email that could be forwarded. Thanks, mindslave. You're a trooper.