• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Fake News...

Started by chefist, December 09, 2016, 11:44:37 AM

Jackstar

Crimea has always been a part of EastasiaRussia. You sound like one of those... loonie theorie people.

albrecht

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 13, 2016, 11:14:22 AM
I'm suprised you use a source that was set up after 9/11. You know? THAT 9/11. Crimea isn't Russian territory. Silly boy.
I guess in your view historically nobody can really claim territory considering migration, wars, claims, treaties, etc over the centuries, or maybe you are one of those leftist types who think nobody can own property and there should be no borders, but Crimea voted overwhelmingly to be with Russia (of course votes we disagree with are not "real" votes, it was a part of the Russia and then an autonomous region with the USSR after the revolution, and then given to the "indepedent" Ukraine during the Cold War. And after given to the Ukraine. But that region still have primarily ethnic Russias and no way Russia was/is going to give up their bases, Stevastapol, (which was independently governed anyway after the break-up of the USSR.) Even the non-Russian ethniically Tatars voted overswhelmly to go with Russia. Why wouldn't the UN, USA, UK etc accept that vote? When we accept the idea of Scotland, as an example, to vote. (Now whether Scotland voted "leave" if we would've accepted is another story.) Catalan is another interesting situation. It would seem, by the UN charter, we should accept the will of the people when they vote.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Jackstar on December 13, 2016, 11:20:07 AM
Crimea has always been a part of EastasiaRussia. You sound like one of those... loonie theorie people.

I won't waste anymore time with you if you choose to be silly. And you are silly.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: albrecht on December 13, 2016, 11:23:03 AM
I guess in your view historically nobody can really claim territory considering migration, wars, claims, treaties, etc over the centuries, or maybe you are one of those leftist types who think nobody can own property and there should be no borders, but Crimea voted overwhelmingly to be with Russia (of course votes we disagree with are not "real" votes, it was a part of the Russia and then an autonomous region with the USSR after the revolution, and then given to the "indepedent" Ukraine during the Cold War. And after given to the Ukraine. But that region still have primarily ethnic Russias and no way Russia was/is going to give up their bases, Stevastapol, (which was independently governed anyway after the break-up of the USSR.) Even the non-Russian ethniically Tatars voted overswhelmly to go with Russia. Why wouldn't the UN, USA, UK etc accept that vote? When we accept the idea of Scotland, as an example, to vote. (Now whether Scotland voted "leave" if we would've accepted is another story.) Catalan is another interesting situation. It would seem, by the UN charter, we should accept the will of the people when they vote.

Here's what your next POTUS said:

"[Vladimir Putin} is not going into Ukraine, OK, just so you understand. He’s not gonna go into Ukraine, all right? You can mark it down. You can put it down." â€"Donald Trump, apparently unaware that Russia had already annexed Crimea in a 2014 intrusion into Ukraine that left thousands dead (July 31, 2016)

He probably thinks the Black sea is called that because its filled with crude oil. He has a good brain.

Jackstar

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 13, 2016, 11:23:47 AM
I won't waste anymore time with you if you choose to be silly. And you are silly.

pic related. I choose the choice that makes you fuck off.

Jackstar

Quote from: albrecht on December 13, 2016, 11:23:03 AM
Crimea voted overwhelmingly to be with Russia

historical note: Election hacked by HillaryTrump.

albrecht

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 13, 2016, 11:31:41 AM

Here's what your next POTUS said:

"[Vladimir Putin} is not going into Ukraine, OK, just so you understand. He’s not gonna go into Ukraine, all right? You can mark it down. You can put it down." â€"Donald Trump, apparently unaware that Russia had already annexed Crimea in a 2014 intrusion into Ukraine that left thousands dead (July 31, 2016)

He probably thinks the Black sea is called that because its filled with crude oil. He has a good brain.
What does that have to do with people voting and the UN charter of self-determination? Is it a pick-and-choose situation? Crimea was not a part of the Ukraine historically or due to the voting, so technically, Trump was correct (even if he didn't mean to be so.)

I'm only a Trump supporter due to the other choice and now that he was elected but the Crimea was Russian before and they voted for it. Not my business and I doubt Trump being a businessman and tv personality even thought much about the Ukraine/Crimea etc at all prior to the election (except maybe as a source for models or girlfriends.) And who cares much compared to the more local issues I'm concerned about. Let Europe sort out their own mess, unless NATO countries are violated. (And I would kick Turkey out of NATO considering that they are active participants in the Muslim invasion of fellow NATO countries.) The President is not a king (or at least should not be) like any good businessman you delegate responsibility and have people under you to handle things and do the formal occaision and look at the over-all picture. The country/world is far too complex for directing every detail or knowing every situation. Which is why staff and appointments are so important. I have problems with some of his choices but most look ok for now. We will see when hearings etc. I'm sure the people he will appoint are aware of the Ukraine. (I did that just to piss off the pedants and Ukranian NAZI-esque thugs who say that one shouldn't say "the" Ukraine.)

JesusJuice

I haven't been keeping up with this thread. Has The Washington Post's "Does This Haircut Make Me Look Like A Nazi" article been posted yet?

The haircut in question is a fade.

They noticed that an awful lot of "white nationalists" have this haircut so therefore it must be a "nazi" haircut. But then they noticed that an awful lot of people that support leftist causes also have this haircut. How can men on the right and the left have the same haircut?

http://archive.is/V13lX

I have archived the Washington Post article. Please use archive.is instead of linking these clickbaits sites directly.

ItsOver

Quote from: deleted on December 13, 2016, 12:04:54 PM
I haven't been keeping up with this thread. Has The Washington Post's "Does This Haircut Make Me Look Like A Nazi" article been posted yet?

The haircut in question is a fade.

They noticed that an awful lot of "white nationalists" have this haircut so therefore it must be a "nazi" haircut. But then they noticed that an awful lot of people that support leftist causes also have this haircut. How can men on the right and the left have the same haircut?

http://archive.is/V13lX

I have archived the Washington Post article. Please use archive.is instead of linking these clickbaits sites directly.
Maybe they just want to look like dorks.

pyewacket

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 13, 2016, 11:14:22 AM
Crimea isn't Russian territory.

YP- I don't dislike you and I try to joke with you a bit here, but I don't get why you approach these topics this way.

Crimea has been tied to Russia for over 2 centuries.

Quote from: history.com.uk
5) Ottoman Empire

Russia conquered Crimea in 1783 under Catherine the Great. For over three centuries previously, Crimea had been a state ruled by the Crimean Tatars, subject to the Ottoman Empire, who had used the region as a base for their sizeable slave trade with the Ottoman Empire. They deported somewhere in the region of 2 million slaves from Russia and Ukraine.

6) Crimean War

In 1853, the Crimean War started, lasting for 3 years with Crimea being the site of the principal engagements. The Russian Empire lost to an alliance of the Ottoman Empire, France, Britain and Sardinia. However, Crimea remained part of Russia.

7) WWII

The Soviet Union lost control of Crimea to Nazi Germany in WWII with Sevastopol holding out until 1942, when it surrendered after months of siege warfare and intense aerial bombardment. After WWII, Russia reclaimed Crimea and it became a province of the Soviet Union called the Crimean Oblast.

The Muslim Tartars had lived in the region of Crimea for hundreds of centuries, prior to Russia annexing Crimea in 1783. Stalin forcibly evicted them after WWII, due to their alleged cooperation with the Nazis during the occupation. Many have since returned to Crimea mainly in the 1980s and 1990s. 

http://www.history.co.uk/shows/articles/10-facts-about-russias-history-with-crimea

In 1954, the Crimean Oblast was transferred from the Russian SFSR to the Ukrainian SSR by decree of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the Soviet Union- Nikita Sergeyevich Khrushchev.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: pyewacket on December 13, 2016, 01:30:19 PM
YP- I don't dislike you and I try to joke with you a bit here, but I don't get why you approach these topics this way.

Crimea has been tied to Russia for over 2 centuries.

http://www.history.co.uk/shows/articles/10-facts-about-russias-history-with-crimea

In 1954, the Crimean Oblast was transferred from the Russian SFSR to the Ukrainian SSR by decree of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the Soviet Union- Nikita Sergeyevich Khrushchev.

It doesn't fit into his narrative, sweetie. Trump's Hitler. Putin's Hitler...and so is anyone else pud informs us of. This is subject to change with changing narratives though.  ;)

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 13, 2016, 01:52:09 PM
It doesn't fit into his narrative, sweetie. Trump's Hitler. Putin's Hitler...and so is anyone else pud informs us of. This is subject to change with changing narratives though.  ;)

What does that make you?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 13, 2016, 01:54:28 PM
What does that make you?

Your superior in every way. Isn't that obvious?!  :D

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 13, 2016, 10:49:53 AM
... You've met Senda; how did you feel when, with the best intentions (and I for one have no doubt you did) you suggested he clear things from his hovel? A bit hurt? As if your opinion was worthless?  Extrapolate those intentions to national security...

Best of intentions?  Hey Falkie, I'll help you clean if I have full authority to decide what you can keep, sell, or throw out?

As mentioned in the telling, Falkie kept posting and making videos about how ''someone'' living nearby ought to come help clean so he could meet his apt inspection.  My comments were to disabuse him of the notion it would be me.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 13, 2016, 10:49:53 AM
Okay, let's assume all of what you say is true. Including that career CIA agents, officials and deputy directors are either deliberately or unwittingly (because, like our MI5 and MI6 personel, they're politically naive, and dragged off the street), put the Democratic party before national security.

Where does this leave the professional relationship between Trump and the CIA and the other security agencies: not to mention allied security services, MI5, MI6, German BND and MAD, French DGSE, CSIS (Canadian), etc? If his attitude is basically to disregard or vilify the information he's given as false because he doesn't like it, then the allied agencies will be circumspect in sharing what they know. Not because of petulance (they leave that for Trump); but because it will be potentially wasted. ...

First off the US has what, 16 different intelligence agencies, plus the FBI and various police intel.  All under the Executive Branch, meaning Obama.  So far one has come forward with this explosive plot.

Has the CIA even reported this, or was it just put out by the White House or one of their media accomplices?  (I admit to not even bothering to look).  About the career agents.  How many of them do you think voted for Hilary and how many for Trump?  To put it another way, do you think any of them voted for Hilary? 

Just a guess, but if it was all cooked up in the West Wing by the White House O-bots, the Big Media geniuses, and his CIA hack appointees, the real agents are probably not exactly all broken up about Trump's reaction.

I agree Trump isn't doing great on the foreign policy front, although I don't think he's done any real damage and has put China on notice.  His choices of advisors/cabinet members are appear to be considerably above average.  It's the same though for most, if not all incoming presidents - these people have spent their careers fundraising and getting themselves re-elected, or in Trump's case, running a business.

And again, the alternative was Hilary Clinton.  One of the main architects of Obama's foreign policy, which was an utter disgrace and failure.

As of now my inclination is to think Trump has good instincts but doesn't have the facts, while Mrs Clinton has the facts but has horrible instincts.  That choice is easy.  We'll see how it goes.

Dr. MD MD

Funny, whenever I've said this norland lols me and tells me I don't know what I'm talking about and that no one likes me and yet, here is a journalist who's been to Syria a bunch of times saying the exact same thing.  :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7Kjp9N4mlo

norland2424

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 14, 2016, 03:06:16 AM
Funny, whenever I've said this norland lols me and tells me I don't know what I'm talking about and that no one likes me and yet, here is a journalist who's been to Syria a bunch of times saying the exact same thing.  :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7Kjp9N4mlo

well you don't know but its ok no civilian has died under Assads civil war  ::)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: norland2424 on December 14, 2016, 03:14:48 AM
well you don't know but its ok no civilian has died under Assads civil war  ::)

You should watch. It's not AJ. They're just reporting on an independent Canadian journalist who just came out with this. Even though she's spent most of the past 3 years there I'm sure you still know more than her.  ::) ;D

norland2424

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 14, 2016, 03:19:59 AM
You should watch. It's not AJ. They're just reporting on an independent Canadian journalist who just came out with this. Even though she's spent most of the past 3 years there I'm sure you still know more than her.  ::) ;D

i actually am watching it, shes not wrong about Aleppo, but your dumb ass makes it seem as if assads forces haven't committed war crimes, all sides have committed war crimes in Syria

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: norland2424 on December 14, 2016, 03:22:36 AM
i actually am watching it, shes not wrong about Aleppo, but your dumb ass makes it seem as if assads forces haven't committed war crimes, all sides have committed war crimes in Syria

Maybe they have but according to her the majority of these have been committed by among 20 different terrorist groups that Assad's forces are trying to fight off. She portrays Syrian forces as the protectors of civilians there.

norland2424

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 14, 2016, 03:43:05 AM
Maybe they have but according to her the majority of these have been committed by among 20 different terrorist groups that Assad's forces are trying to fight off. She portrays Syrian forces as the protectors of civilians there.

thats her imo, shes also thinks that the Palestinians are all angels and israel is the devil, also im talking about 5 year war in general, not just the last couple of weeks in Aleppo.

http://www.ism-norcal.org/

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: norland2424 on December 14, 2016, 03:46:52 AM
thats her imo, shes also thinks that the Palestinians are all angels and israel is the devil, also im talking about 5 year war in general, not just the last couple of weeks in Aleppo.

http://www.ism-norcal.org/

Where does she say that about Palestinians? What's the link you posted?

norland2424

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 14, 2016, 03:49:16 AM
Where does she say that about Palestinians? What's the link you posted?

click the link, its her page

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: norland2424 on December 14, 2016, 03:53:05 AM
click the link, its her page

Oh, Ok. So, you're seeing Palestinian propaganda then? How would Assad play into that scenario?

norland2424

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 14, 2016, 03:55:52 AM
Oh, Ok. So, you're seeing Palestinian propaganda then? How would Assad play into that scenario?

it seems that shes inclined to be anti west.