• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Attack in Columbus

Started by ItsOver, November 28, 2016, 01:04:15 PM

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on November 29, 2016, 05:45:39 PM
I don't like both of those schools but that was funny.

Apparently Obama's Somalian-born, Pakistani-educated "refugee" Abdul Razak Ali Artan praised radical leader Anwar Al-Awlaki on Facebook and ranted about "Islamophobia" and earlier had complained that there were not enough prayer rooms at OSU. Police, even as of this hour, haven't determined his motive or will publicly state it. This isn't a case where the police need to worry about a prosecution. The terrorist is dead, it is ok to tell us the motive. Political correctness will be the death of the West.
You're in the Lone Star State, right?  UT made out good, with Herman.  With the Strong and company buy-outs, it wasn't cheap, but fate is going to dictate a Herman-Meyer championship game on the horizon. ;)  A&M?  At least they haven't killed anyone at a bonfire recently.

albrecht

Quote from: ItsOver on November 29, 2016, 05:53:41 PM
You're in the Lone Star State, right?  UT made out good, with Herman.  With the Strong and company buy-outs, it wasn't cheap, but fate is going to dictate a Herman-Meyer championship game on the horizon. ;)  A&M?  At least they haven't killed anyone at a bonfire recently.
Yep. UT alumnus. It has been a tough time in about any sport that matters (at least to me) the past few years. And the frustrating thing is that the administration is so sloppy and handles things so poorly. Rumors, then press releases in response, then 'throw money at the problem,' etc. Conflict between the big boosters, coaches, Regents, and admin. And ticket prices have NOT been adjusted to the market performance. Now I hear our tailgate space is going to become the new basketball fieldhouse. They also are selling tailgate spaces and partnered with some outfit that outsources your tailgate. They messed with student sections in the stands. I guess it always has been, but now it is really all about money. Now we can have beer in the stadium- but no more pass-out. You leave the stadium at half-time maybe to get a drink etc you cannot return. But I've been through worse- but at least then you could get in for like $15 or even free if you bought a turkey at Randalls! I could go on... but I like our hires for baseball and football and so, hopefully, things will turn around. There is no excuse with our talent pool, budget, and alumni (especially the rich good old boys) support to not have successful teams.

ps: more on the subject. My seats a few years ago were next to some Sikhs. They wore burnt-orange head wraps and were funny folks. They aren't Muslim but a different religion. I never asked if they were allowed to carry their ceremonial knife into the stadium. Should have since, technically, you aren't supposed to bring any weapons.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: SixWeekTenure(tm) on November 28, 2016, 05:18:44 PM
https://twitter.com/tariqnasheed/status/803361349933928450

Twitter still bringing the lulz.

I just watched Tucker Carlson tear this guy apart and leave him frothing at the mouth. He totally exposed him for what he is: a race bater.  :D

GravitySucks

Quote from: ItsOver on November 29, 2016, 05:53:41 PM

U of H is going to start charging a finders fee for Texas NCAAF coaches. A&M, Baylor, Texas Tech and now UT have raided U of H of their most recent coaches. (Not in that order).

ItsOver

Quote from: GravitySucks on November 29, 2016, 06:15:53 PM
U of H is going to start charging a finders fee for Texas NCAAF coaches. A&M, Baylor, Texas Tech and now UT have raided U of H of their most recent coaches. (Not in that order).
Ha!  UH has been doing a better job at it than UC in OH.  Brian Kelly, Butch Jones, but now they have Tommy Tatertown (Tuberville) retired on the job. 

I doubt OSU would have won 2014 w/o Hermann.  The offense hasn't been the same without him.  He should have the Longhorns back in the mix in no time.  The guy is good.  UT did good.  It's only money. ;)

http://www.hookem.com/story/much-costing-texas-get-tom-herman-19-million/

albrecht

Quote from: GravitySucks on November 29, 2016, 06:15:53 PM
As good as they sometimes get (remember "run and shoot" days) they are still, basically, a commuter school and will be over-shadowed by the big guys. I was not against them joining the Big12 though I think they need to do like soccer clubs in smaller countries. They know they can't compete consistently for top positions but can make $$ by developing talent at their academies and then teams, on trades, and training coaches. UoH should seriously do as you say. Put it in the contract. Due to the "academic" "amateur" nature of our sports they can't fully maximize on player development but maybe in the coaching positions they could?

Jackstar

Quote from: albrecht on November 29, 2016, 05:45:39 PM
on Facebook and ranted about "Islamophobia"

Why aren't these gentlemen in Seattle? I am ready for debate.

(Seattlephobia is a thing. I'm not even kidding. Reside here at your own peril. We're like 'Salem's Lot. We hunger.)

albrecht

http://www.voanews.com/a/lawyer-says-trump-tweet-shocked-and-silenced-ohio-state-attackers-family/3623276.html

The family of the Muslim who committed his peace at OSU is upset at Trump's tweet and are scared. They also want proof that their relative, a person granted status in the US due to Obama's refugee program, committed the peace. Their lawyer appears to be going for the "conspiracy angle defense" and typical leftist reasoning with these statements, which I've not seen verified or mentioned in any other reports. Though because the attacker was a Muslim the news might be hestitant to follow up on the story, lest they offend. Hopefully this will change under the new adminstration and Muslims attackers, who so often AFTER the peaceful attacks, were "on the radar" or "let in by some government program" due to political correctness and not wishing to offend.

"According to sources close to the family, Abdul Razak Ali Artan went to Washington late on November 24 and came back to Ohio the following day.

Fitrakis said this short trip that occurred without the knowledge of the family surprised and shocked them.

“The fact [was] that he never went out of central Ohio or Columbus area since the family came here, and his trip to Washington DC left the family very suspicious,” Fitrakis said. “He used an old car that had 200,000 miles on it to drive to D.C.”

Uncle Duke

Quote from: albrecht on December 05, 2016, 09:28:01 PM
http://www.voanews.com/a/lawyer-says-trump-tweet-shocked-and-silenced-ohio-state-attackers-family/3623276.html

The family of the Muslim who committed his peace at OSU is upset at Trump's tweet and are scared. They also want proof that their relative, a person granted status in the US due to Obama's refugee program, committed the peace. Their lawyer appears to be going for the "conspiracy angle defense" and typical leftist reasoning with these statements, which I've not seen verified or mentioned in any other reports. Though because the attacker was a Muslim the news might be hestitant to follow up on the story, lest they offend. Hopefully this will change under the new adminstration and Muslims attackers, who so often AFTER the peaceful attacks, were "on the radar" or "let in by some government program" due to political correctness and not wishing to offend.

"According to sources close to the family, Abdul Razak Ali Artan went to Washington late on November 24 and came back to Ohio the following day.

Fitrakis said this short trip that occurred without the knowledge of the family surprised and shocked them.

“The fact [was] that he never went out of central Ohio or Columbus area since the family came here, and his trip to Washington DC left the family very suspicious,” Fitrakis said. “He used an old car that had 200,000 miles on it to drive to D.C.”

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/local/somalis-ohio-fear-they-become-targets-after-osu-attack/OD52s57wd9SCQSMQsN6EXL/

This was a feature article in yesterday's local paper.  The Somalis here in Ohio are clearly the real victims as a result of this incident.

albrecht

Quote from: Uncle Duke on December 05, 2016, 09:46:38 PM
http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/local/somalis-ohio-fear-they-become-targets-after-osu-attack/OD52s57wd9SCQSMQsN6EXL/

This was a feature article in yesterday's local paper.  The Somalis here in Ohio are clearly the real victims as a result of this incident.
Of course this a goal of the terrorist and it often works, is to divide the society and bring more recruits into their camp. The modern Muslims especially encourage solo-actors, small cells, etc, though in this country not as much as, for the most part our immigrants, at least over history, have tended to integrate into society over the years. The second, or third, generation of the immigrant if not blended into society or living in ghettos becomes the real problem. As we see in Europe. The first generation (I'm not talking about unique situations like mass immigration or the "refugee" crisis) of immigrants is usually so happy to just get away from the chaos of his former homeland, make a living, feed his children, etc. The resentment though comes if those other generations are integrated and then, never having seen the hardship or reality of Islam (or whatever) get caught up by these preachers- look what you had stolen from you, look how you are being treated, look at these heroes fighting back, etc.

According to that article all I saw re: victimhood of the Somalian community were some online comments. I think the people injured or killed by these Muslim attackers are the real victims. I don't care if they carry signs or make online comments. (Unless threatening immediate, specific actions they have free speech also.) I draw the line at letting them knife, blow people up, or run people over. Those are victims. Not simply being afraid because some people are suspicious of your "community" due to actions of some people in it or because you come from a land well-known for wars, tribalism, warlords, and violence. If you don't like a little extra suspicion they are welcome to return home. And maybe the "community" should do a better job policing itself instead of immediately claiming victomhood and fear due to the actions of one of their community's members?