• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Fidel Castro Dies . . . Again! And this time it's for realz.

Started by starrmtn001, November 25, 2016, 11:52:33 PM

Jackstar

Quote from: Taaroa on November 27, 2016, 07:22:24 PM
it seems like the media has generally been fairly positive on Castro and are only briefly mentioning his negatives

... cui bono?

Taaroa

Quote from: albrecht on November 27, 2016, 01:18:02 AM
I wonder what the Cuban "number stations" and/or ours, and others are broadcasting?

Sounds like they send out general instructions for their spies:

QuoteMontes communicated with the Cuban Intelligence Service through encrypted messages and received her instructions through shortwave encrypted transmissions from Cuba. In addition, Montes communicated by coded numeric pager messages with the Cuban Intelligence Service by public telephones located in the District of Columbia and Maryland. The codes included 'I received message' or 'danger.'

and

QuoteThe U.S. prosecutors claimed the accused were writing down number codes received from Atención, using Sony hand-held shortwave receivers, and typing the numbers into laptop computers to decode spying instructions.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ana_Montes
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuban_Five

Jackstar

Why are the things that Castro did, so much worse than the things the Clintons did?

Taaroa

Quote from: Jackstar on November 27, 2016, 07:39:17 PM
Why are the things that Castro did, so much worse than the things the Clintons did?

Imposed communism on Cuba, out right shot and imprisoned dissidents, allowed Soviet nukes in Cuba...

Jackstar

Quote from: Taaroa on November 27, 2016, 07:43:49 PM
Imposed communism carpet bombing on CubaCroatia, out right shot and imprisoned dissidents stoners and cancer patients, allowed Soviet Illuminati nukes in Cuba THE FUCKING WORLD TRADE CENTER TOWERS COMPLEX...

I'm putting you down as "undecided voter."

Taaroa

albrecht

Quote from: Taaroa on November 27, 2016, 07:32:29 PM
Sounds like they send out general instructions for their spies:

and

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ana_Montes
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuban_Five
Yeah, as a note to the agencies that monitor BG: I sometimes get the numbers stations on a Sony SW radio but I am not a spy!

Here is another one with quite a family and educational pedigree that decided to become a Cuban spy. He is now serving life at a SuperMax. Ouch. I wonder if he even has learned that Castro, the guy he so admires and has such a great healthcare system, has died?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kendall_Myers

3OctaveFart

Quote from: MV 2000® on November 27, 2016, 03:56:41 AM
I'd be ashamed to call myself a Canadian following Trudeau's Castro comments.

http://www.therealcuba.com/?page_id=55
There is nothing to suggest that Trudeau has ever had any acquaintance with reality.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on November 27, 2016, 01:55:40 PM
Shadowy? Not at all, they were open and unashamed in doing it. Even inviting PIRA terrorists to the US to give after dinner speeches. Can you imagine the outrage in the US if France had a group who had Bin Laden to dinner post 9/11, in order to raise more money?

Excuse me... support from a Prime Minster of a NATO partner country to a murdering Dictator of a communist country that is a declared enemy of the US  is hardly the same as a non government organization's fund raising dinner.

Sorry about the years of Troubles.  The lost of Lord Mountbatten effected me greatly. A true hero for the ages.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: Meatie Pie on November 27, 2016, 09:48:31 PM
There is nothing to suggest that Trudeau has ever had any acquaintance with reality.

Not only do the Trudeaus' have problems with reality.  There is  fear from some Canadians that a Nato country on their southern boarder may invade them.

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/no-secret-plans-to-invade-canada-u-s-mexico-say-but-that-wasnt-always-the-case

WOTR

Quote from: Taaroa on November 27, 2016, 07:43:49 PM
Imposed communism on Cuba, out right shot and imprisoned dissidents, allowed Soviet nukes in Cuba...
I'll give you the first points.  But allowing Soviet nukes in Cuba is no worse that Turkey having allowed American nukes to be aimed at Moscow (I believe that part of the deal reached was disarming Cuba and Turkey...)

***I should probably add that after the CIA tried to assassinate him he may have had reason for a certain amount of distrust...

albrecht

Quote from: WhiteCrow on November 27, 2016, 10:44:09 PM
Not only does the Trudeaus' have problems with reality.  There is  fear from some Canadians that a Nato country on their southern boarder may invade them.
Funny movie "Canadian Bacon."
Or the real "War Plan Red"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_Plan_Red
The thing the Alex Joneses etc of the world don't "get" is that countries, think-tanks, agencies, insurance companies, banks, underwriters, etc all run various "scenarios" and plans. And even sometimes (cough-cough) spy on allies and competitors. Simply because they do them, doesn't, at least necessarily, mean them aim to implement them but always planning and figuring "what-ifs" etc or just for budget reasons or "if" something happens they have a possible plan. Having said that I have no problem with Canada and love hockey and even enjoyed the Grey Cup tonight. Fun rules and big field make an interesting football game.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: WOTR on November 27, 2016, 10:46:26 PM
I'll give you the first points.  But allowing Soviet nukes in Cuba is no worse that Turkey having allowed American nukes to be aimed at Moscow (I believe that part of the deal reached was disarming Cuba and Turkey...)

***I should probably add that after the CIA tried to assassinate him he may have had reason for a certain amount of distrust...

That is correct. , the US withdrew it's nukes from Turkey as part of the deal for the USSR withdrawing it's nukes from Cuba.

WOTR

I doubt Castro ever said this...But is is just too funny not to post here.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: WhiteCrow on November 27, 2016, 10:34:01 PM
Excuse me... support from a Prime Minster of a NATO partner country to a murdering Dictator of a communist country that is a declared enemy of the US  is hardly the same as a non government organization's fund raising dinner.

Sorry about the years of Troubles.  The lost of Lord Mountbatten effected me greatly. A true hero for the ages.

Mountbatten??  He was an idiot.  Had he not been a royal, he'd have been fortunate to make Lt. Commander.  HMS Kelly? Dieppe was his, killed a lot of Canadians.  They shipped him to the CBI to be rid of him, gave him a grandiose title and sent him on his way.  The Japanese might still be in that part of the world if not for Stilwell.  And we know how well Partition went in India on his watch as Viceroy.  Have you ever read Ziegler's book?  Zeigler was very kind, and still Mountbatten came out looking bad.

albrecht

Quote from: Uncle Duke on November 27, 2016, 11:20:56 PM
Mountbatten??  He was an idiot.  Had he not been a royal, he'd have been fortunate to make Lt. Commander.  HMS Kelly? Dieppe was his, killed a lot of Canadians.  They shipped him to the CBI to be rid of him, gave him a grandiose title and sent him on his way.  The Japanese might still be in that part of the world if not for Stilwell.  And we know how well Partition went in India on his watch as Viceroy.  Have you ever read Ziegler's book?  Zeigler was very kind, and still Mountbatten came out looking bad.
Yep, tho I'm sensing some Papist, Fenian, or even abandoned colonial or loss of title/farms sentiment here. Haha.  ;)

Uncle Duke

Quote from: albrecht on November 28, 2016, 12:02:24 AM
Yep, tho I'm sensing some Papist, Fenian, or even abandoned colonial or loss of title/farms sentiment here. Haha.  ;)

Well yeah, but.....   

Seriously, the Brits had some outstanding, very capable RN flag officers (Cunningham, Ramsey, Vian, Somerville, Fraser etc) in WWII, but Dicky Mountbatten was not among them.

albrecht

Quote from: Uncle Duke on November 28, 2016, 12:15:00 AM
Well yeah, but.....   

Seriously, the Brits had some outstanding, very capable RN flag officers (Cunningham, Ramsey, Vian, Somerville, Fraser etc) in WWII, but Dicky Mountbatten was not among them.
Yah. Re: your earlier post. I never visited NI but Rep Of I the only 'issues' I saw was more like here, recently.  The 'divide' was big city Dublin and country/small town. Was there during some crazy abortion vote deal and then EU stuff. Now, sectarianism.  Got some crazy stories from Glasgow! Which, oddly, I loved (not those Issues but the city and esp the country.)

Taaroa

Quote from: WOTR on November 27, 2016, 10:46:26 PM

The question I was answering was what he'd done which was worse than Hillary did, so in that respect at least she probably hasn't put Soviet nukes in Cuba

Jackstar

Quote from: Taaroa on November 27, 2016, 08:21:18 PM
You forgot the role he played in JFK's death.

I kinda left that out, because irrespective of whether he fronted the hitters or the meth, he was a hero.