• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

is noory phasing out open lines

Started by jason.burns, November 15, 2016, 10:31:44 PM

jason.burns

i went to coast to coast am website and it said today show was guest and open lines in latterhalf

but i went to website again and it got rid of open lines replaced it with guest

what is going on is george trying to get rid of open lines

Quote from: Jason Burns on November 15, 2016, 10:31:44 PM
i went to coast to coast am website and it said today show was guest and open lines in latterhalf

but i went to website again and it got rid of open lines replaced it with guest

what is going on is george trying to get rid of open lines

Not sure if it changed I stopped listening. But generally they are in Friday's for 2 hours. I tried to listen to the Halloween shows a few years ago and it was all politics. I think I recall someone posted about the prediction show last year and there was hardly any. If Noory drops a guest instead of open lines he just has Joshua P Warren fill in as the guest.

Juan

With Joshua P(no punctuation) Warren, sNoory can pull out his pack of index cards and ask the same questions he asked last time.  With open lines, he may occasionally need an original thought.

Morgus

Noory over the years reduced the open lines time quite a bit.
Originally, Friday nights were all 4 hours open lines, then he started adding a guest on Fridays for the first hour, then increasing the guest time to 2hours, sometimes longer.
So its usually only 2 hours of open lines on Fridays now, minus all the commercial and break time and often Noory will sneak out early and play some pre-recorded segment for the last half hour.

Noory did a few months ago start adding a 2 hour segment of open lines during the mid week too, but that seemed to be for extra pre-election political talk. Now that the election is over perhaps he isn't needing that extra mid-week open lines if he has enough guests to fill the time?

zeebo

Quote from: Juan on November 16, 2016, 05:52:55 AM
With Joshua P(no punctuation) Warren, sNoory can pull out his pack of index cards and ask the same questions he asked last time.  With open lines, he may occasionally need an original thought.

Yep what he's been phasing out is the brain power required to do a show.

ItsOver

Quote from: Juan on November 16, 2016, 05:52:55 AM
The open lines do interrupt his nap time.

Morgus

Another thing Noory and Tommy introduced in the past year or so to further reduce Noory's time interacting with callers during open lines is their use of text messages and tweets.
Tommy reads one of those short messages and then Noory can go off on some long diatribe without any caller interrupting him...

albrecht

Quote from: Morgus on November 16, 2016, 04:01:58 PM
Noory over the years reduced the open lines time quite a bit.
Originally, Friday nights were all 4 hours open lines, then he started adding a guest on Fridays for the first hour, then increasing the guest time to 2hours, sometimes longer.
So its usually only 2 hours of open lines on Fridays now, minus all the commercial and break time and often Noory will sneak out early and play some pre-recorded segment for the last half hour.

Noory did a few months ago start adding a 2 hour segment of open lines during the mid week too, but that seemed to be for extra pre-election political talk. Now that the election is over perhaps he isn't needing that extra mid-week open lines if he has enough guests to fill the time?
I'll give Norry a slight break here. It could be that he only has the few, frequent callers. I think many of us could name them all by name and name their pet causes (from Finno-Urgic peoples to atheism and manually operated gas pumps etc.) And also because many people are getting rid of landlines and the sound quality of cell phones, and in many cases, Skype, over the air sucks. But the latter assumes Norry cares about quality or the listeners so we can probably strike that.

ItsOver

Quote from: Morgus on November 16, 2016, 04:22:15 PM
Another thing Noory and Tommy introduced in the past year or so to further reduce Noory's time interacting with callers during open lines is their use of text messages and tweets.
Tommy reads one of those short messages and then Noory can go off on some long diatribe without any caller interrupting him...
One of my local stations plays some of those "nuggets of Noory wisdom" during commercials for C2C sometimes.  I wonder how many listeners have driven off the road or choked on their coffee after hearing them.

zeebo

Quote from: albrecht on November 16, 2016, 04:28:31 PM
...I think many of us could name them all by name and name their pet causes (from Finno-Urgic peoples to atheism and manually operated gas pumps etc.) ...

lol haven't listened in awhile - I kinda miss the Finno-Urgic guy, along with other regulars like Annie, Jeff, Cornelius, and, and ... yep, that's it.

jason.burns

i hate those ask noory texts and tweets they so stupid and noory sometimes doesn't even know some questions take calls george

pate

earlier communiques were in Igma's order, say again:

THE OWL HOOTS AT THE LOON

ninjashoes

Noory should just do a monolague.

Jay Leno style.

hire Stuttering John

henge0stone

He's been phasing them out for a while now. I guess shortening them is probably a more accurate way to put it. He sucks at them so mine as well.

Quote from: henge0stone on November 27, 2016, 09:52:39 AM
He's been phasing them out for a while now. I guess shortening them is probably a more accurate way to put it. He sucks at them so mine as well.

Yes, but he also sucks at interviews. It's a whole catch-22 situation. Noory, I think wants to run a political/alt medicine show. Instead of trying to keep up pretenses, he should just do the show he wants to do.

Morgus

Noory dropped the planned last two hours of open lines for tonight's show and added a second guest, Dr. Bruce Goldberg back yet again...

albrecht

Quote from: Morgus on November 30, 2016, 01:16:41 AM
Noory dropped the planned last two hours of open lines for tonight's show and added a second guest, Dr. Bruce Goldberg back yet again...
And JFK show could bring out decent open-lines with theories or personal experiences with those involved etc. Did Dr. Goldberg talk more of the future Norry as Dexter Monterrey stuff?

Morgus

Quote from: albrecht on November 30, 2016, 05:47:11 PM
Did Dr. Goldberg talk more of the future Norry as Dexter Monterrey stuff?
Goldberg only mentioned Dexter in passing, his main topic was psychic attacks.
He did tell about a story Noory told of in his book "Worker in the Light" where Noory claimed some guys were pestering some beautiful girl and so he silently used black magic thoughts to psychic attack those guys to protect her.
The real story probably was Noory was just envious of those guys hitting on the girl...

jason.burns

Quote from: albrecht on November 30, 2016, 05:47:11 PM
And JFK show could bring out decent open-lines with theories or personal experiences with those involved etc. Did Dr. Goldberg talk more of the future Norry as Dexter Monterrey stuff?
noory is pissing me off by phasing out open lines with boring guests take calls george